Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

Summer

Long Island, NY
Yeah, I got the impression by the way she was giggling she was pregnant. :)

@SquirrelMaster, to be clear, you are saying that if the OAB stem is the same 18mm diameter as the ball shown in @notams pic above than the draw resistance should not be greater than the VB? Thanks for the pic @notams!

Summer,
Reactions: Xclerk

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The vapbong seems to be gaining popularity. What makes it so special? I'm excited to try one. Anyone in South Florida gots one?

Hey! In addition to what others have said, for me the key part is the handmade ceramic, I love ceramic and glaze, each piece is unique and artfully crafted!

I wonder what the price is? I looked in my email acc't & didn't get a newsletter about their sale. Also didn't see them on the AoV website.

Things show up on their Instagram and YouTube well before they show up on the website or in any newsletter btw... (also no sale)

I can see a mini in my future when they go back to custom orders -- already know my colors. :brow:

IF custom orders exist again...

My only concern is taking the ball out to clear from its new 90 degree orientation -- seems like it may be awkward. I would like a carb hole, but where could it be put? :/

I have the same concern, and now I kind of want to make sure my replacement Tahiti Grape bandit does not have the heater sphere placed like this... At first I noticed, and thought cool it's probably better balanced, especially for a mini one since it doesn't have as big of a base, but yeah seeing the mama magma with it placed like that was a bit disconcerting for me! :lol:

This is the one I've been waiting for! This model is called the OAB/Bandit mini correct? Is it best to message Jaxel on his instagram for one of these or the AOV instagram or the AOV website?

Jaxel do not sell on Instagram, nor do they sell them at all technically, you'll have to wait for them to go up on the website for sale...

😮 I wonder why. Well, one day when supply catches up with demand they s/b be more reasonably priced. I got plenty of time to wait.

It is definitely trickier to make something smaller like this, same parts but making them smaller, just because it's less clay and glaze does not make it less money, since it is more involved to produce... Also seriously would not hold your breath for prices going down :2c:

I think the mini is a cool idea, tempting of course, but I don't really think it makes sense for me...

notams

toke down Babylon
Something to keep in mind when comparing "draw resistance" between devices - one needs to accont for personal style. Mouth draw? Big lung hit with ball on the whole time? Remove ball halfway through lung hit? Ground or hand shredded? Tiny bowl or huge wad of super sticky icky?

There also might be a difference in water volume between devices / users. That would definitely affects draw resistance.

Put all of those factors in a bowl, shake them up and inhale and there's going to be a million different combinations of draw resistance. I guess the way of sum it up is this: I've used a lot of different devices, tried many different style of vaping with differing quality / quantity of herb and the VB is the most pleasant and natural inhalation of vapor of all of them. The best.

The genius design gives you instant access to either a fantastic heavy hit or a long session all from the exact same device at the same time with zero adjustment to be made, no buttons pushed, no settings to check, no sound to listen for, no waiting for heat up between draws, no lights, no bluetooth, no apps, nothing. Just sit down, drop in a nug and chug. Done. As hard or as soft as you want. It will breathe with you. Whatever draw resistance you want - it's there.

sam urai

@fak - MOAB
The GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast (MOAB /ˈmoʊæb/, commonly known as "Mother of All Bombs") is a large-yield bomb, developed for the United States military by Albert L. Weimorts, Jr. of the Air Force Research Laboratory.[1] At the time of development, it was said to be the most powerful non-nuclear weapon in the American arsenal.[2] The bomb is designed to be delivered by a C-130 Hercules, primarily the MC-130E Combat Talon I or MC-130H Combat Talon II variants.

The MOAB was first dropped in combat in the 13 April 2017 airstrike against an Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant – Khorasan Province (ISIS) tunnel complex

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
Hey! In addition to what others have said, for me the key part is the handmade ceramic, I love ceramic and glaze, each piece is unique and artfully crafted!

Things show up on their Instagram and YouTube well before they show up on the website or in any newsletter btw... (also no sale)

IF custom orders exist again...

I have the same concern, and now I kind of want to make sure my replacement Tahiti Grape bandit does not have the heater sphere placed like this... At first I noticed, and thought cool it's probably better balanced, especially for a mini one since it doesn't have as big of a base, but yeah seeing the mama magma with it placed like that was a bit disconcerting for me! :lol:

Jaxel do not sell on Instagram, nor do they sell them at all technically, you'll have to wait for them to go up on the website for sale...

It is definitely trickier to make something smaller like this, same parts but making them smaller, just because it's less clay and glaze does not make it less money, since it is more involved to produce... Also seriously would not hold your breath for prices going down :2c:

I think the mini is a cool idea, tempting of course, but I don't really think it makes sense for me...
does the glazed ceramic clean up well after the inevitable, accidental combust? I do like the handmade uniqueness.

fak

The Dude
@fak - MOAB
The GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast (MOAB /ˈmoʊæb/, commonly known as "Mother of All Bombs") is a large-yield bomb, developed for the United States military by Albert L. Weimorts, Jr. of the Air Force Research Laboratory.[1] At the time of development, it was said to be the most powerful non-nuclear weapon in the American arsenal.[2] The bomb is designed to be delivered by a C-130 Hercules, primarily the MC-130E Combat Talon I or MC-130H Combat Talon II variants.

The MOAB was first dropped in combat in the 13 April 2017 airstrike against an Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant – Khorasan Province (ISIS) tunnel complex
Precisely what I was going for, when I realized what kind of acronym the mini had I instantly got COD vibes :rofl:boooombs away!
does the glazed ceramic clean up well after the inevitable, accidental combust? I do like the handmade uniqueness.
Not sure about combustion wise but I know that many people have mentioned it being very low maintenace overall as the ceramic doesn't seem to accumulate the stickiness as much. I believe you can just wash the bowl if you combust though with your regular dishes as it's ceramic after all.

Shit Snacks

@fak - MOAB

Screenshot-20210227-125252.png

Yes glazed ceramic is even easier to clean than glass in my experience, really all you need is hot water, great material for vapes!

Is this where the stem is going to be from now on? I think I heard over the video that it was easier for shipping.

alleyhoops,
Janine is talking about some changings in their lifes without telling the point (in my opinion, she is pregnant). Things in the future, she said, will be a challange, but they will both stay close to Dr. Colly and Daniel. And they still have funny, strange ideas for more and more Vapos.
to complete the entire message in this vid: mostly Janine and Axel explain that there is a lot of work to be done at the moment. The company has been completely surprised by so many overseas orders. (my comment to explain: Jaxel live in 2 tiny houses in Portugal (Cercal) and also have 2 young children. They met Colly a year or two ago. There is also the new kiln and all the tools. Colly has been in Gran Canaria since November and smokes all day . Like an Rastafarian.)

Axel and Janine have also explained a lot about the different sizes of the bandit. The biggest difference is in the behavior of the air flow. The little bandit is well suited for more cosiness. You don't pull that hard. The pipe has a small diameter. But it still has a lot of power.

Janine has also stated that it is a laborious and long process before a vaporizer is ready. They keep struggling with problems. E.g. it took up to two weeks for vapos to dry. Some of them shattered in the process. The weather was bad.

And they joked a lot with each other. The more often Janine pulled, the funnier it got. She assumed that only peppermint was filled.

I'm not sure if Janine is really pregnant. But they called the different bandits mom, dad and baby.

Is this where the stem is going to be from now on? I think I heard over the video that it was easier for shipping.
you are right. It is easier ( maybe cheaper). Thats the future style. And they are still working on old orders. That is why they cannot build custom-made products at the moment.

Shit Snacks

you are right. It is easier ( maybe cheaper). Thats the future style. And they are still working on old orders. That is why they cannot build custom-made products at the moment.

So all the existing orders will still be the previous form factor design of the bandit?
However going forward for new orders, they will start making them this way...?

Thanks for your translating!! By the way, you can use the quote feature here, to respond to multiple other posts in one post. So you don't need to post back to back replying :tup:

So all the old orders will still be the previous form factor design of the bandit?
But going forward they will start making them this new way...?
yes/yes

Thanks for your translating!! By the way, you can use the quote feature here, to respond to multiple other posts in one post. So you don't need to post back to back replying :tup:
i will learn. Thanx.

jbm

So all the existing orders will still be the previous form factor design of the bandit?
However going forward for new orders, they will start making them this way...?
I might be missing something. What exactly is changing in the design of the bandit, and when do these changes start being sold? For example, mine is the old design?

jbm,
Reactions: Xclerk

Shit Snacks

Ahh awesome, thank you again!! :haw:

i will learn. Thanx.

Yeah you're new of course, and welcome to FC, it is great to have you here!! We appreciate the info :D

I might be missing something. What exactly is changing in the design of the bandit, and when do these changes start being sold? For example, mine is the old design?

Yes yours will be the design we've seen before, just like when you ordered it. However going forward, all bandits will look like the ones in these videos, with the heater sphere and the mouthpiece more or less across from each other...

So now I have more reason to get yet another one later, even if it's not a mini... :rofl:

Shit Snacks

Yeah not having carb holes I think is what opened up the possibility for this redesign, but as you can see some of them are at a little of an angle, not directly across, hard to say for sure what they will be like exactly in the future... I'm sure someone here is going to snatch up some of these minis as soon as they are available, so they will have to let us know how the form factor is, or if they get that magma mama, this aspect in particular!

Maybe you will like that vid. The youtube chanal "Colly Light" is banned by YT some weeks ago. Some german guys started a new chanal on telegram and secured a lot of old stories. This vid told us, how Colly invented "Cannabucha" in english. So, I am new in this forum and dont know every story or technical news you know allready. Dont want to bother you. A wonderful day for all of you, time to go asleep for me.

Ahh awesome, thank you again!! :haw:

Yeah you're new of course, and welcome to FC, it is great to have you here!! We appreciate the info :D

Yes yours will be the design we've seen before, just like when you ordered it. However going forward, all bandits will look like the ones in these videos, with the heater sphere and the mouthpiece more or less across from each other...

So now I have more reason to get yet another one later, even if it's not a mini... :rofl:
There is always a reason to get a new one lol.

SquirrelMaster

Those OAB mini's look fantastic! I hope I miss the email when they're released, I don't think I'm strong enough to resist one :lol: and my VAS needs a rest.

Yeah, I got the impression by the way she was giggling she was pregnant. :)

@SquirrelMaster, to be clear, you are saying that if the OAB stem is the same 18mm diameter as the ball shown in @notams pic above than the draw resistance should not be greater than the VB? Thanks for the pic @notams!

Even if the OAB arm is 22mm for example compared to the 19mm hole in the ball, if the VB is 40+mm I would still guess the VB will have more open airflow. I'll try to test this by making a smaller hole (with plastic or something) at the top of the VapBong that matches the size of my OAB stem to see if the VB then performs the same. I'm not sure how the length of the spot with the most restriction plays into the equation whether its the lip on the ball or the entire length of the OAB arm. Hope that makes sense.

If I didn't own a VB I think the OAB would meet or beat the draw restriction of all my vapes except maybe a bag of vapour.

notams

toke down Babylon
Re the Cannabucha video. Seems like a good idea. Why not throw some bud in there? While I was watching the video it inspired me. I threw some half-vaped bud in my beer. Tasty. Which led me to a question...

On a different note:

Can I use the VB to decarb?

If anyone on here is familiar with the process of decarboxylation please give me your opinion on using the VB to decarb small portions.

That would a really fun way to decarb for use in tinctures, honey, butter, or put in a teaball for hot chocolate, etc. Sounds exciting to have the decarb process be vaping rather than baking. Would that work?

notams,
Can I use the VB to decarb?
for this you need precise control over the time, temperature and consistency of the weed. This cannot be achieved with a vapbong.
If anyone on here is familiar with the process of decarboxylation please give me your opinion on using the VB to decarb small portions
in my opinion one of the best explanation to do this: https://www.zamnesia.com/blog-why-how-decarboxylate-cannabis-n634
there you will also find explanations for processing smaller quantities.
That would a really fun way to decarb for use in tinctures, honey, butter, or put in a teaball for hot chocolate, etc. Sounds exciting to have the decarb process be vaping rather than baking. Would that work?
In Germany it is becoming more and more popular to add THC-A to foods. But it's illegal here. The inventor of the vapbong, Colly, has a cookbook on the AOV website. Youtube banned him because he put a link to that website.

how to use your Vapebong for oil, hash ... etc. English Vid by Colly Light some years before

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The flowerpot (showerhead) draw is so open you can clear the pipe without even removing the heater. I can't really imagine the VB draw being more open than that, considering all the talk of removing the bowl to clear a hit, but without trying one (yet) I can't say for sure. But the Showerhead is probably the most open draw of any water pipe vape I've used.

Top Bottom