Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
Looking at those pics of the Bandit I was wondering about the stability of the vape since you have a lot of weight on one side with the heater. Is the Bandit heavy enough to make sure it doesn't fall easily like the Vapbong?

The Chemist,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Looking at those pics of the Bandit I was wondering about the stability of the vape since you have a lot of weight on one side with the heater. Is the Bandit heavy enough to make sure it doesn't fall easily like the Vapbong?

Yeah it's hard to capture the form factor in the photos, when it arrived I was impressed how large and wide the base was, very well centered no danger of it topping over, I'd say even less so than the standard if anything! Also the heater is not leaning off to the side that bad, it is more just a little above and you have the mouthpiece also, anyway there is nothing to worry about, nothing will fall over unless you're purposefully pushing it. The ceramic design of these is extremely stable despite misleading photos!

Looks like all of the bandits are now sold out on the site, I'm sure more will be coming soon, I saw there were some art bandits with monsters being made on IG... Site also has some gorgeous new turtle art vapbongs, and I keep meaning to mention the new azurite glaze in the classics!

Last edited:

kimura

I received a package from Germany today!! shipped really quickly. I paid on 8/21 (Friday), they shipped the following Monday 8/24. I would have actually received it last Friday but UPS made a mistake. I haven't even plugged it in yet. pictures do no justice, but here you go. it really gives off a twisted tree vibe, which is exactly what I had hoped.

IMG-5028-Copy.jpg

IMG-5029-Copy.jpg

IMG-5030-Copy.jpg

yes, those monitors are super dusty. do I need to worry about chipping the ceramic "joints"? gets a bit thin where the balls connect

Shit Snacks

I received a package from Germany today!! shipped really quickly. I paid on 8/21 (Friday), they shipped the following Monday 8/24. I would have actually received it last Friday but UPS made a mistake. I haven't even plugged it in yet. pictures do no justice, but here you go. it really gives off a twisted tree vibe, which is exactly what I had hoped.

IMG-5028-Copy.jpg

IMG-5029-Copy.jpg

IMG-5030-Copy.jpg

yes, those monitors are super dusty. do I need to worry about chipping the ceramic "joints"? gets a bit thin where the balls connect

Nice! Yeah UPS is quick on the US shipping it seems (I mean when they don't make mistakes lol) And that looks so lovely, yeah different lighting really affects the way the ceramic glaze looks in different photos, especially with this 3D b stock since it must vary a whole lot depending on the angle!

Shouldn't be any concern about ceramic chipping, it is pretty durable, none of the pieces should be that thin... they do switch to clear glaze for the inside parts so that way it's a thinner coating to ensure a better fit for the ball bowl (and no reason to do the colored glaze on the inside, except for the mouthpiece) even if there is some unglazed parts around the ball bowl, like there is on my woodland fantasy, that should not be an issue... Just don't like bang the parts together I suppose? Just line up the fit to get a good seal when you are using it, is the only thing I would mention to be careful with?

To start with, try hitting it at 10.5v to get a sense of the power, after a 10min heat soak (you can warm it up quicker, at 11.5v or 12.5v, overtime it will naturally drop, like I start my bandit at around 11.5 and it drops all the way down to 10.3 eventually)

kimura

I only have had one session with my new Vapbong but it seems like it’s everything I had hoped for. Vapor quality is top shelf with very even extraction. I was a little surprised at how much vapor I got out of a small load. Pure convection, but produces vapor very quickly and easily. Ceramic imparts no detectable flavor for me. Just pure herbal essence. Zero draw restriction, and it seems impossible to overcome the heater once it’s fully heat soaked. Pretty great. I’m going to try cranking the voltage past 10.5v tonight.

for anyone thinking these babies are form over function - think again. Seems like a connoisseur steam machine

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I was a little surprised at how much vapor I got out of a small load.

While I use the Vapbong for bigger amounts mostly, that's something that surprises me every time: it just keeps chucking vapor without wasting all the niceness with the first few draws. I really love how consistent those hits stay during a session.

@Jaxel – Ihr habt echt das schönste Avatar im ganzen Forum. Und coole Geräte, danke! :-)

androponic

vaped.
I really gotta remember to keep checking here for when the B stock drops again. I’m incredibly jealous of so many people here, looking at you @Shit Snacks!
Just go here and sign up for the newsletter. you will get emails and they dont go crazy spamming you either.

Shit Snacks

I really gotta remember to keep checking here for when the B stock drops again. I’m incredibly jealous of so many people here, looking at you @Shit Snacks!

Haha yeah the newsletter will get you in early on the b stock drops, but there are still a few available on the site now! (for what its worth, I didn't get one of the cool special botched glaze b stocks, but I do love my plum jelly bandit, and secondhand woodland fantasy vapbong was a great deal at least!)

SquirrelMaster

I've been hearing the name Vapbong but I didn't actually look into them until I watched @stickstones video showing one in use. I have a BRNT Hexagon (ceramic bong) that I really enjoy so a fully encased vape like this looks right up my alley. I love the artistic touch that goes into these, they look a lot more personal than other vapes. Looks like the VAS list just got longer.

kimura

I’ve spent some more time with the new arrival and it continues to impress. It’s really fun to use. Flavor is subjective, but I think it’s fantastic. Especially for a piece so large. This thing reallllly shines when you put a whole bunch of herb in it. But small loads work great too.

I think mine takes like half an hour to completely warm up. That’s also about the same time that voltage stops dropping. I like to set it to 11v and it will drop down to about 10.2v when it’s heat soaked. If I set it to 11.5v it drops to about 10.8 and based on my experience so far, that’s about as hot as I’ll want to take it. So I really like the temp range.

kimura

I am a noob and haven’t owned it for very long, but i think it works fine if you just cover the screen. Perhaps I haven’t tapped it’s true potential. I haven’t really tried yet to see how small I can go

I think I am going to have to take @Jaxel ‘s advice this weekend and really load it up. It’s going to be ridiculous.

with some devices it seems that if you overload, you end up just roasting the top of the load. But the Vapbong seems to really penetrate. The draw is wide open with no resistance and the thermal mass of the ceramic is huge

Shit Snacks

How much are you guys typically loading? Is there a range that provides the optimal performance?
Does it really require that much? That seems like a lot.

No, you just need enough to cover the screen, 2/3inch sized, in the ceramic bowl of the ball... I typically do three to four scoops from my Delta 3D scooper, but sometimes only two sometimes more, sometimes I load with the funnel cup, and can't really measure small amounts like this accurately with my scale so yeah what's in my picture is a fair shot of the average bowl, with five or so big hits? More fun to load enough so that they are really full-bodied hits :freak:

I am a noob and haven’t owned it for very long, but i think it works fine if you just cover the screen. Perhaps I haven’t tapped it’s true potential. I haven’t really tried yet to see how small I can go

I think I am going to have to take @Jaxel ‘s advice this weekend and really load it up. It’s going to be ridiculous.

with some devices it seems that if you overload, you end up just roasting the top of the load. But the Vapbong seems to really penetrate. The draw is wide open with no resistance and the thermal mass of the ceramic is huge

Yeah I think it's good to try to use less, try to use it how you would normally want to use it, but also yeah try out what it can do by loading more and getting really gone! One thing to keep in mind though when you pile it on higher above the bowl within the ball, there is a chance to scorch some of the top layer if your voltage is set to high for a very long draw... Kind of like when you go too hard on a Daisy Brick, can be resolved with technique and stirring!

I don't think I have loaded a full half gram, but since I'm not weighing and grind consistency and herbs can vary, I probably did when I was really testing my woodland fantasy out... But my photo from last night is more my typical usage, how I've been using the bandit, maybe .3g? though I have loaded less and also loaded more as well!

Welcome @stickstones!! I know I pushed you here from Instagram lol :whip:
One tip I will give you for starters, is that I prefer to remove the ball bowl to clear my hits instead of letting go of the carb, so vapor doesn't condense in the heater... (minor personal ocd) :tup:

Last edited:

flammy

How much are you guys typically loading? Is there a range that provides the optimal performance?

I use very little for each dose...its just enough to cover the screen with a thin layer. I don't weight each load but its around .05g...if this device required large loads each time, I wouldn't be that fond of it. That said, it can certainly handle bigger loads. The bowl is massive.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I usually go ~.3g, which is *huge* for me, I usually have ~.05g in my Dynavaps or ~.15g in my Tinymight. The thing is: big amounts work so well in the Vapbong so it's quite tempting to just put a healthy pile of flower in the ball for the evening. Usually I would split that in nice tiny portions to preserve the flavor, but the Vapbong hits just so damn consistent that it works either way. And it *does* work well with microdoses too, but since the Vapbong is such a big piece, needs some time to heat up etc. it feels a bit more natural to go big when choosing it.

I wonder where the consistency comes from. Most vapes will start with a wispy-terpy hit, then give you a couple of big clouds, then gradually produce less and less vapor. Which isn't hard to understand, of course. A Vapbong session feels much more streamlined until the herb is fully spent. Might be because of the size of the chamber / ball relative to the herb; most chambers try to encapsule the load fully and it's interesting to see the Vapbongs approach working so well.

@stickstones – great to see you here, looking forward to your reports!

Top Bottom