The Runt from SBL

nonamekevin

You have the Flip Brick also? I ordered that one first but then cancelled the order before it shipped out and then placed a new order for the Runt. I have a few other torch lighters that I use with Dynavap. One is a 3 flame in a triangle and then also........ the vertical 3 flame that came with the old fashioned glass OG Vapcap. Then I ordered a 5 pack of Eagle small torch with a limp single flame and I think that one may be the most suitable but I dont want to fill the free Honest lighter with fuel in case I decide that I want to return the StickyBrick for a refund.

But I have never had to return any vape before so that is a low probability of happening.
I had a flip but recently sold it. It is FAST! I think bricks are generally some of the fastest vapes out there, but the flip feels "snappy" it's so quick. Like if you have a bowl packed and the rig setup, a full hit could be done in 5-10 seconds. Any longer, and I risked combustion. To take longer hits, I would have to draw really hard and fast to prevent too much heat build up.

The runt is almost perfect, imo. The only people who return their bricks are those who either don't have patience to get good results (it doesn't take long, but it's not instant), or they don't enjoy the wood flavor that is imparted.

:rockon:

nonamekevin,
Reactions: baxter

Notacaveman

Hey guys, I've been absolutely loving my runt, the clouds are ludicrous. Unfortunately a tragic event happened this morning and I'm currently mourning the loss of the mouthpiece. I'm in the UK and been struggling to find a replacement, I've got one on order from planet of the vapes but it's going to take a while to arrive, does anyone happen know any UK/EU vendors with the mouthpiece in stock, or better yet any other mouthpiece they've found which fits the runt? Would love to have a back up to avoid this happening again, cheers.

Notacaveman,

Exsmoker

Plant Manager
Hey guys, I've been absolutely loving my runt, the clouds are ludicrous. Unfortunately a tragic event happened this morning and I'm currently mourning the loss of the mouthpiece. I'm in the UK and been struggling to find a replacement, I've got one on order from planet of the vapes but it's going to take a while to arrive, does anyone happen know any UK/EU vendors with the mouthpiece in stock, or better yet any other mouthpiece they've found which fits the runt? Would love to have a back up to avoid this happening again, cheers.
That sucks. I once dropped mine and tried using a length of silicone tubing that I slipped over the glass tube inside that wasn’t broke. It actually worked pretty well for the short time that I used it like that.

Exsmoker,

Shorner

I have a spare one you can buy.

Notacaveman

That sucks. I once dropped mine and tried using a length of silicone tubing that I slipped over the glass tube inside that wasn’t broke. It actually worked pretty well for the short time that I used it like that.
Smart idea man! Just tried it and it works, definitely a good workaround for now cheers pal.

I have a spare one you can buy.
Mate I really appreciate that! I would love to if you still have it, shall I message you?

Notacaveman,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I was finally able to pick one of these up! Someone on Reddit was selling a Runt body without any glass, and it was exactly what I wanted in Canarywood, I have mixed feelings about the flared mouthpieces anyway, and I already have the bent intake from my Junior... I think I will have a custom mouthpiece made if I can, or I will order the O'Connell cooling spiked mouthpiece I think presuming it fits... Meantime just using this rigged up WPA, from my beta junior's mouthpiece connected with silicone to a whip adapter, then to my O'Connell inception J hook through another adapter lol it is actually ergonomic though, hold in one hand perfect with finger at the carb hole!

PXL-20210609-214201688.jpg

^I just love the color of canary, this one is a nice bold gold yellow, with brown streaks of grain, and fortunately one bold streak with plenty of pink! Unfortunately there are a couple minor imperfections, the logo is stamped (burned? branded) on crooked and one of the corners on the bottom and in the connecting groove is cut... Otherwise very nice! Although I did not realize there was no metal connector bridge for the vapor path, and no magnet connecting the top to the bowl, those two things make it a little less nice, there's a little too much play with the magnets as they are I think honestly... Quibbles!

PXL-20210609-235028370.jpg

I only did one bowl so far, first time in a while using this kind of vape, though I did whip out the junior several months ago for a bowl, but this new Zico torch that I got is the proper one I was looking for form factor wise and easy to push the click button, we'll see how it holds up though! My first hit I took a little hot, just made the flame smaller and otherwise not really any hotspotting and certainly no scorching, I kept in the restrictor disc, never used one before, but it does seem like a nice addition...

PXL-20210610-001609554.jpg

Yeah I was able to take the herbs, a mix of strawberry cake cbd and strawberry bliss thc, up till the taste faded, still kicking off vapor, but no reason for me to keep pushing it for my needs and preferences, I'd rather load another fresh bowl! So yeah I guess I have got it down pretty well already with good control, I don't want to push it too much and risk any combustion, so this will do for me... Looking forward to grabbing the mouthpieces though and trying it with more of what I already have!

caseball2051

Hey folks I'm having some custom work by an artisan in the community and I'm looking for the exact dimensions of the sticky brick runt bowl. Can anyone help? I have a model with a ridge on top. Image below. I'd like the diameter of the inner bowl, the diameter of the larger ridge at the top, as well as the depth of possible. Thanks in advance.

I asked this in the sticky brick thread as I thought that was a catch all for all bricks. I hope asking here again is ok.

caseball2051,

Shit Snacks

Hi what’s the diameter of the mouthpiece and intake on the runt please ?

12.7mm tubing is used for the mouthpiece and intake! Sorry I found that in my own googling, since I am having a custom mouthpiece made for mine, as I bought it without any glass from someone on reddit...

I just ordered the U-turn WPA from vgoodiez, so I will be able to use mine more properly instead of my rigged up wpa thing, they are having a 20% off summer sale right now so it was only $24 (free shipping if you spend $25 or above so I got elev8r bowls for other vapes as well) code is VGEZSUMMER20 btw

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: VGOODIEZ

Shit Snacks

And my order already arrived this morning, super fast shipping as always from @VGOODIEZ (thanks again!!) :bowdown:

PXL-20210707-020555812.jpg

Just enjoyed a very full bowl of tropic truffle thc mixed with super lemon haze cbd... matching canarywood tool from the rogue wax works of course! :brow:

PXL-20210707-014753000.jpg

So yeah the U-turn adapter is pretty fucking fantastic design, long glass part that goes inside the brick all the way to the start of the vapor path there, the other part equally long, but not too much so it can still sit flat (enough, it is slightly off) and that little ring above the 14mm male joint is absolutely perfect for securing a J hook in your hand for one thing... Oh and obviously the glass is very thick too, as you'd expect! :tup:

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I did not buy a sticky brick for a very long time. You think you know a lot about how vapes work. You have owned a lot and you think you know what u like.

I thought a SB would be hot and harsh. How could something so manual be better than a electric vape.

However I heard a lot of good reviews and I felt like I need to own one at least one.

I don't think I'll ever be without a SB in my collection.

Very tasty convection hits, with a slightly unique taste.

And for speed and delivery - nothing is quicker.

And it's kinda fun to use, and cheap.

Wow that's a lot of boxes ticked.

Last edited:

yourtokingbuddy

Wow, two years with no posts about the beloved Runt? Sadness! Time to fix that.

I've recently started using mine with a triple flame and it can extract a whole bowl in about 3 hits consistently. It's a bit of a game changer!

Even with an original Mighty, an SSV (no ball mod), a Sticky Brick Jr., and a Miqro in my collection, I still reach for my Runt every day. There's just nothing that can top the flavor and extraction that a Sticky Brick can provide.

Exsmoker

Plant Manager
Wow, two years with no posts about the beloved Runt? Sadness! Time to fix that.

I've recently started using mine with a triple flame and it can extract a whole bowl in about 3 hits consistently. It's a bit of a game changer!

Even with an original Mighty, an SSV (no ball mod), a Sticky Brick Jr., and a Miqro in my collection, I still reach for my Runt every day. There's just nothing that can top the flavor and extraction that a Sticky Brick can provide.

LOL, I’ve tried the triple flame but I’m just not man enough. I prefer a fat single flame like my Vertigo Serpent provides. No matter though, the Runt has always been a favorite of mine, too. Love the simplicity; no batteries, electronics or plastic, and it’s a big hitter if desired.

While this thread looks dead, you’ll find slightly more posts in the main Sticky Brick Labs Vaporizer thread, as it seems to get the most action.

DSC07240-2a-Original.jpg

dapatcho

Does anyone own both the Runt and Doug's Woodery NOVA? I am eyeing one or the other as an "upgrade" from my Roffu

dapatcho,

Shit Snacks

Does anyone own both the Runt and Doug's Woodery NOVA? I am eyeing one or the other as an "upgrade" from my Roffu

That would be a nice upgrade or more heavy hitting pure flavors largely at home probably I thought you could bring it out... Nova is more like the SB Junior, so better if you plan to bring it somewhere often? The runt is slightly larger so a bit more room, but it does not have the lid or sleek form factor... Either way you should get the U-turn vapor pathway for smooth hits and options for aftermarket glass (I really do not like the flared mouthpiece that comes stock with the runt so mine has a custom made one and I would prefer the plain tube mouthpiece of the Nova and Junior instead of the flared stock...) Nova seems to have some nice colored glass options and even cooling spikes available so that is nice and his would work can be quite beautiful with more unique exotic species... Can't really go wrong!

dapatcho

That would be a nice upgrade or more heavy hitting pure flavors largely at home probably I thought you could bring it out... Nova is more like the SB Junior, so better if you plan to bring it somewhere often? The runt is slightly larger so a bit more room, but it does not have the lid or sleek form factor... Either way you should get the U-turn vapor pathway for smooth hits and options for aftermarket glass (I really do not like the flared mouthpiece that comes stock with the runt so mine has a custom made one and I would prefer the plain tube mouthpiece of the Nova and Junior instead of the flared stock...) Nova seems to have some nice colored glass options and even cooling spikes available so that is nice and his would work can be quite beautiful with more unique exotic species... Can't really go wrong!
I'll carry over to the comparison thread, but I'm not sure what you mean by U-turn vapor pathway. Is it a separate glass piece to use in addition?

Shit Snacks

I'll carry over to the comparison thread, but I'm not sure what you mean by U-turn vapor pathway. Is it a separate glass piece to use in addition?

No, a very prominent aspect of how well these hit, along with the full power of direct torch convection, from the original triihouse daisy (which the bricks are based off of) is how the vapor travels below the bowl and then makes a u-turn before going up into the glass mouthpiece (right angle pathways, especially u-turn style, are extremely effective for cooling, hot convection vapor in particular) there is also optional separate glass WPA that do an upside down u-turn, keeping the vape upright on a water piece or j-hook, so even more cooling there then!

Shit Snacks

Time to finally share this custom mouthpiece @508phineas on Instagram made me (sorry he is not available to do any more customs currently)
The pink glass is subtle, but :love:

I bought this canarywood runt without any glass, and @Vlad the Inhaler really delivered, making this piece pretty ultimate now...

Screenshot-20231103-154719.png

Screenshot-20231103-154706.png

Screenshot-20231103-154730.png

Ah just noticed these photos had disappeared from the above post because of stupid imgur! Hope these remain, too good, must be seen :cool::tup:

bestvaping

Screenshot-20231103-154719.png

Screenshot-20231103-154706.png

Screenshot-20231103-154730.png

Ah just noticed these photos had disappeared from the above post because of stupid imgur! Hope these remain, too good, must be seen :cool::tup:

WTF 😮 literally 😲 it's crazy .. reminds me of the gun used by the little martians in mars attack movie .. is it that powerful? :rofl:

I don't use IG, where can I find the craftsman behind this? I'd love to get one :brow:

Top Bottom