The Predator vaporizer

Docvape

Retailer
Hi everyone,

I've just hear about a new vaporizer coming soon (end of January 2010) - that sounds blasting !

The baby is called "Predator" and sounds like the futur of vaping.

Here is the description from Vaporstore :

Quality: The Predator employs a top-of-the-line stainless steel heating element utilizing a high quality circuit board protected by a diamond mesh. The unit is easy to set with the turn of a dial with LED lights which dim to indicate overheating. The Predator is constructed of aircraft grade anodized aluminum and comes with a removable power cord.

Hands-Free: The Predators unique nozzle locks the whip onto the glass heating element providing a truly hands-free experience and is removed with a press-button - thus, the whip never falls off. You can watch the vapor swirl as it enters the hose.

Whip: The Predators whip handle is dishwasher safe and connects to black medical grade UV resistant tubing.

Styles: The Predator is available in Titanium and Shark Blue.
%20side%20view.png

So please let your questions or reviews about the Predator vaporizer here !

mod note: edited to remove link to reseller site

More information : Manufacturer website

:peace:

Docvape,

aero18

vaporist
Definitely looks like nothing I've seen before (outer-shell wise), which is very cool. :o

250 you say lwien? How much is the SSV?

aero18,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
is this any different than a SSV? It's a cool looking enclosure but asides from looks, are there any other differentiators from the rest of the whip based vapes?

lwien

aero18 said:
Definitely looks like nothing I've seen before (outer-shell wise), which is very cool. :o

250 you say lwien? How much is the SSV?
About the same.

lwien,

aero18

vaporist
stonemonkey55 said:
is this any different than a SSV? It's a cool looking enclosure but asides from looks, are there any other differentiators from the rest of the whip based vapes?
Doesn't use a ceramic heating element, rather, a stainless steel one that the website says will last longer than the ceramic ones.

aero18,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
didn't the first edition of vaporbros box units use stainless steel heaters?

Don't get me wrong, this is the sexiest vape I've ever seen BY FAR but at the end of the day, it's just another whip vape to me.

One feature I do like though, is the locking mechanism for the whip to the heater unit.

stonemonkey55,

vape4health

" Faster draws heat the air more and can lead to combustion. " From the pdf link above .

Thats probly just a typo right ?

vape4health,

Ash

vaporist
The literature on it says "The units detachable power cord allows it to be displayed as a piece of artwork when not in use." So it looks like they're going for the strealth niche. Thre black/opaque whip and odd-looking bowl and mouthpiece also give these parts a better ability to look like something other than paraphanalia. Of course, whether or not it actually pulls off being stealthy is something we won't know until someone can post a review. I might be interested if the style more matched my decor. OF couse for that, it would probably have to be wood, ceramic or glass. I haven't had spaceships on a bookshelf since I was 12. ;)

Ash,

stinkmeaner

I wonder what's up with these CAD drawings, how can you take a pre-order for a product and not even have a real photo of the actual product. Makes you think it's is not even built or finished yet with the product.

stinkmeaner,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
It's a sweet looking bax vape. If it hits as well as the ssv, and has as clean an airpath, then advantages to this unit would be:
- lifetime warranty
- more durable heating element, maybe more durable glass
- LEDs to tell you when it is heating up
- detachable power cord

I fint it interesting that while new vapes are coming out with new looks and features, I keep going back to my units that have no true temp control. Most of the time I vape out of a block of wood with a tube or a VG and lighter.

stickstones,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I think a downside would be cleaning out the whip itself. I kind of like too be able too see into the hose itself so I can clean it properly. although a downside, I dont see it as a big minus against the vape.

DevoTheStrange,

ClemsonVapor489

stinkmeaner said:
I wonder what's up with these CAD drawings, how can you take a pre-order for a product and not even have a real photo of the actual product. Makes you think it's is not even built or finished yet with the product.
Well the unit isn't out yet, so there's not necessarily a problem if they don't have one presentable yet. Won't be on sale and shipping until the end of this month.

OT: I like the locking whip and the style of the vape. Price tag is steep, but I disagree that it doesn't offer anything to distinguish it from the SSV (or any other vape). I see this as more of a specialty piece for discerning vapers. It'll be interesting to see if they get enough interest to survive.

Good luck to them.

ClemsonVapor489,

max

Out to lunch
didn't the first edition of vaporbros box units use stainless steel heaters?
Aluminum.

sounds like the futur of vaping.
Sounds, like looks, can be deceiving. Design wise, it doesn't seem that revolutionary. I'm not sure it's practical to have a true SS heating element. You can transfer heat to SS, ala the PD, but how would you get plain SS to produce heat? The Herborizer's element is ceramic covered by SS, and works very well. Sebastien tried ceramic only and rejected it because it didn't hold temp as well. I would think that this design is the same.

max,

the electrician

ClemsonVapor489 said:
Well the unit isn't out yet, so there's not necessarily a problem if they don't have one presentable yet. Won't be on sale and shipping until the end of this month
Seems as though it is out, but this company will begin stocking it at the end of january. That said i still havent seen anything other than the CAD renderings

the electrician,

vap999

max said:
You can transfer heat to SS, ala the PD, but how would you get plain SS to produce heat?
A piece of stainless steel with the proper electrical resistance could be used.

I still have what I recall was called a Pneuma, a small capped steel tube with an inner tube, with this having two side rods allowing it to connect to a Radio Shack soldering gun. The inner tube is the heating element and composed of metal (austenic steel, as I recall), obviously selected for its resistance value (Ohms/inch), length and probably low mass (e.g., thin vs. thick tube). This was manufactured and sold for a while (mid- 1990s?) by Bob, best known for the Eterra (the predecessor of modern convection vapes, such as the PD and MZ). Press the trigger on the soldering iron, and 25 seconds later it's ready for use as a source of hot air, much the same as any other convection vaporizer (e.g., use the same vapor tubes).

Directly heating metal tubes, plates or other pieces of metal large enough to be a heat exchanger is actually a pretty ideal way of heating air -- theoretically, better than using a resistance heating element to secondarily heat a heat sink/exchanger. So, if this desktop model is actually using stainless steel or other metal that is also serving as the heater, that sounds like an innovation to me.

Otherwise, we could be misinterpreting when they refer to a "stainless steel heating element." This could simply be referring to a cartridge heater, commonly encased in stainless steel. If that is the case, other than fancy design elements, I don't see anything innovative with this vape. In fact, it's rather primitive with an exposed heater mounted within a cylinder (rather than the usual box).

vap999,

MrMistyTokes

Steam Engine
Looks like somthing straight out of Alien vs Predator..:uhoh:

Not a bad thing necessarily.. i like a vape i could kill a man with :D

MrMistyTokes,
Top Bottom