19956_255908513925_647753925_3158237_4094545_n.jpg

19956_255908543925_647753925_3158239_7732285_n.jpg

19956_255908473925_647753925_3158233_1591054_n.jpg

19956_255908448925_647753925_3158229_5359633_n.jpg

stonemonkey55,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Tom - Kali as in Kali Mist? Kali looks so happy running free!

MacRadish - Some nice looking dalmations you got there!

Electrician - is that a black hamster?

stonemonkey55,

Purple-Days

Kali's name was derived from a few sources.

She is a Scotty, Scottish Terrier. It is a Scottish girl's name. It also is used in several non-English languages. Kali is: Black in Sanskrit, though she is brindle. And Kali is a Hindu goddess, she will certainly be worshiped in our house. The same Hindu goddess is the goddess of destruction, I believe. Very appropriate or a puppy. And goddess, of transition. Best of all she was born in a San Francisco suburb and we picked her up after a great night in SF.

Kali Girl, she's our Cali Girl. California Girl. :cool:

I think Dalmations are very cool. One of my good friends, growing up, had a boy named Omar, 'King of the Neighborhood'. Me and him were buddies.

Bassetts are another breed I have a fondness for and of course Beagles too :D .

I always wanted a Bull Terrier, but Budweiser spoiled that for me. Bart is beautiful, that top pic is great. So nice.

Pit's are a great breed, but all dogs need 'better breeding' an effort to stabilize the best traits and discourage the worst. Unfortunately this breed, like many has been downgraded by bad breeding. Athena is beautiful dog !!! A goddess !~ :cool:

That was my guess a black hamster, very, very cool! Love the pink nose. :)

Purple-Days,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector

First one is Biggles, a purebread Golden Retriever

Second one is Pebbles, a purebread Cairn Terrier

Third one is Jazz; a rescue dog from a northern reserve in Manitoba.

Fourth one is Vincent (Price) the cat

Missing is Beavis, a rather psychotic Greyhound who won't stay still and cats Hermione, and Duffy (the spaghetti eating cat). And yes, they all get along, especially when the pizza dude shows up!

Tom

tdavie,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Tom, there has to be a story behind the dog in your avatar as well, you mind sharing?

I'll tell you one thing about bull terriers, they aren't for everyone. I love Bart to death but these guys are really stubborn and they pretty much challenge you at every step. It takes a very firm hand to earn their respect, but once you do, they are your best buddy. There's never a dull moment with him around.

About your statement concerning the pitbull breed, agreed 100%. I read this book where they said that pretty much all pure breed dogs have been inbred so much that almost ALL breeds now suffer from CCL and hip disorders. I have a soft spot for the pitbull and when raised right, I am confident in its ability to be a great family pooch. Hopefully this breed falls out of favor with the "wrong crowd" and public perception will return to a more normal state. I mean, back in the 1940's, this dog was on all sorts of American propaganda, how quickly things can change.

I also have a love for Bassets. They are the cutest puppies and always have that laid back, stoner attitude. My beagle is really short and long so we like to think of him as being part basset.

stonemonkey55,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Dogs are some of my favorite people.

The first one is Champ. He was the love of my life. A perfect Tibetian Spaniel one of my former stepkids brought home as a stray 1/1987. He was the only thing I got out of my divorce. I got the better end of the deal. I had to put him down the same day the Cubs won the division 9/2003. Some day I will be with him again.

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/4553/champn.jpg

The other two are my girlfriends dogs. The first is Buddy. He is a Chiuaua mix who was a stray and was horribly abused in a previous life. It took years for him to accept me. Now he is my pal and has been showing the signs of old age.

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/6024/buddysutter.jpg

The other is Pepe. He is a Chiuaua who was also a stray who shares many traits with the late, fondly remembered Champ. Pepe was taken in on Boxing Day returing from the theatre after seeing Bad Santa. They are our kids. Barb sometimes tells me I love the dogs more than her.

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/9262/pepekleidon.jpg

Stonemonkey,

Do you ever catch your Beagle pounding away at a typewriter 'it was a dark and stormy night'?

chucku,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Awww! Nice thread! Love seeing all the fluffy pets :D Loved seeing Kali take her first free run!!

Here is Gunny, our 90 lb. moose-mastiff mix as the vet calls him. He's almost 3, 1/2 Bull Mastiff & 1/2 Mixed Something or Other

Here is when his dad came to visit for Xmas.... We didn't think they'd get along but they had a blast and Gunny looks puny next to his father LOL

Our cats...The black one, Sammy is a fancy cat w/ 25% wild blood. He's a neat cat but very tall, lanky and looks very panther'ish at times. At times he freaks people out when he's on the patio or stalking something... He's the oddest cat I've ever lived with and does NOT sound like a reg kitty cat LOL. The other one TC is our old man....he's been with us a very long time but still quite spry for his age.

This picture was nice because they normally aren't cozy like that.

We also have a tortoise and some fish living in our atrium but it's so cold they're all hiding. We have regular visitors who though not pets I cherish nonetheless. We have loads of seabirds - woodstorks, egrets, ibis, herons, etc. that come by looking for food/fresh water...we oblige :) When the weather isn't freakin' freezing we have manatees that cruise by our dock daily. I enjoy the wildlife as much as my pets here I think.

Lo,

lwien

Wow. Lo. Nice. How do your cats deal with birds that are larger than them? :/

lwien,

Lo

LOL!! You should have seen the cats when we first moved here and they saw the 'giant' birds!! It was HILARIOUS!!! Now that we've been here a few years they just watch them from the pool cage, sometimes their jaws quiver and they make funny sounds like they REALLY want to catch the birds...

The woodstorks are endangered actually and I keep the cats inside so they can't hunt the birds. The dog is trained to not chase the birds which works very well UNTIL my husband starts feeding them all fish, then he's inclined to try and chase them away so he can get more food but usually he's cool with them being in the yard.

Lo,

lwien

lo said:
.... sometimes their jaws quiver and they make funny sounds like they REALLY want to catch the birds...
lol. It's funny when cats do that. It's like "Gimmie, gimmie, gimmie..........!! .

lwien,

MileHigh

Purple-Days said:
Kali's name was derived from a few sources.

She is a Scotty, Scottish Terrier. It is a Scottish girl's name. It also is used in several non-English languages. Kali is: Black in Sanskrit, though she is brindle. And Kali is a Hindu goddess, she will certainly be worshiped in our house.
I'm pretty sure Kali is the God that the bad guys worship in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, with that scene where the dude's heart gets ripped out, isn't it?

"Kali-maaaaa! Kali-maaaaa!"

Someone confirm/discredit this.

MileHigh,

indigal

Amongst the corn
Wow, big dogs! I've seen an Irish wolfhound in person, huge tall dog. Known a couple very large, very laid-back mastiffs before too.. heh, puppy! He's bigger than our german shephard was when she was full grown- or at least looks like it!:lol:

Lo- your place looks too nice, I'd love to have a backyard like that- birds, water & manatee!
Mind if I crash at your place next time I go to FL? ;) I can bring my tent...

indigal,

lwien

LOL. That wolfhound and mastiff looks like they just came back from a 5 mile run. :)

lwien,

Lo

Beautiful pets... Love this thread!

Hey Indi...my HOA folks are assholes and probably anti-tent BUT I am NOT a fan of theirs....if you came to FL I would SO hang with you!! Could take you to the shooting range LOL!

Lo,

MileHigh

My cat used to sleep in my bed but one night I rolled over and kinda crushed her so now she is scared.
I asked my mom about that same thing with babies and she was confident it wouldn't happen but couldn't say why. Dunno, but seems like it absolutely would.

We also have a pug that is 16 or 17 years old and we have to put her down soon :(

She had a stroke and can't walk, and is also completely deaf. But she has been chugging along for a while now.

MileHigh,
Top Bottom