• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

grogazola

Does anyone have experience with this wpa from PotV?

Is this the Delta 3D Studios Mighty WPA v3? If so, I’d love to ordered it from PotV Canada and avoid any customs etc! :)

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Haha you got me there. I tried almost everything including DC Cleaner. And while I can get the bowl less dirty I never got it really clean again.

I got it cleaned up real nice once, but I don’t even remember what I did. Maybe Simple Green. Seems like I also had it on max temp with distilled water swabs trying to “shock” or “deglaze” the burnt on oils off the aluminum. It took a lot more effort than it took to dirty up the bowl again lol - I used capsules at first to mitigate the issue but I prefer the vapor without them.

dzunk

Well i got my mighty at last. I was a crafty user for many years and last year i mostly used splinter z + water pipe combo. I mist say mighty is the ideal vape for me. Not only bigger battery than crafty, but i appreciate much faster heat up time and also the vapour seems a little cooler with mighty than crafty. Also the pass through charging/vaping is a great feature. I knew it had these advantages all these years but i always decided i can spend 300€ elsewhere. I got it as a second hand vape for 190€ and i only regret i didnt buy it sooner. Indeed the best vape i have ever tried.

justcametomind

It's quite a few days german S&B internet site has a banner that reads "PLEASE NOTE: Due to a significantly increasing number of COVID-19 infections in Tuttlingen, Germany, we have increased our measures against spreading the virus. This will lead to delays in processing orders."
It may have also delayed Mighty+ plans.

blackstone

Had a rare weird dream last night, in the end the Mighty+ was out!
It was made of metal or something and the ad slogan just said "Goodbye Plastic!"
WTF LOL!!!
I don't even mind the plastic. I'll probably buy a Mighty+ but really look forward to whatever comes after it!

dzunk

when thinking about getting mighty (for the past 3 months approximately) i always asked myself what would mighty+ have to offer for me to keep waiting. i always ended up with empty list, only thing i would like to get mighty cheaper :D

also i wanted to ask if there is anybody who has mighty/crafty and splinter Z and wpa for both of these? at the moment i am using mighty mostly, i take it to go and i use it at home. when i feel like getting a big hit (i use high cbd strains only, so sometimes i want to get some massive clouds to feel bigger effect) i use splinter Z with my waterpipe. but since this happens 2 or 3 times a month my splinter is at the time mostly sitting in my drawer. and here is my question. how does mighty compare to splinter when used with a pipe? can it rip as hard as splinter or is is signifcantly weaker? i am asking because im thinkign about selling my splinter z, but at the sime time i would like to keep the option of getting big bong rips and i am not sure mighty will be able to do it. and i dont want to spend 30euro for mighty wpa adapter just to figure that it can not rip hard.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
when thinking about getting mighty (for the past 3 months approximately) i always asked myself what would mighty+ have to offer for me to keep waiting. i always ended up with empty list, only thing i would like to get mighty cheaper :D

also i wanted to ask if there is anybody who has mighty/crafty and splinter Z and wpa for both of these? at the moment i am using mighty mostly, i take it to go and i use it at home. when i feel like getting a big hit (i use high cbd strains only, so sometimes i want to get some massive clouds to feel bigger effect) i use splinter Z with my waterpipe. but since this happens 2 or 3 times a month my splinter is at the time mostly sitting in my drawer. and here is my question. how does mighty compare to splinter when used with a pipe? can it rip as hard as splinter or is is signifcantly weaker? i am asking because im thinkign about selling my splinter z, but at the sime time i would like to keep the option of getting big bong rips and i am not sure mighty will be able to do it. and i dont want to spend 30euro for mighty wpa adapter just to figure that it can not rip hard.
Since you do have both a Z and a Mighty already, don't you have a feel for how hard a Mighty can hit, in comparison?
Can you get a big enough hit with high heat on a native Mighty? Or a huge hit that you simply know would be smoother with water?
You can try a crude test of hitting Mighty with cooling unit removed; fill the chamber and leave c/u off, just lay a flat screen atop the chamber.
Use an rbt stem, hold it in place on the load and do direct draws.
But I think the bottom line is, if you like the Z with water. you'll probably like the Mighty that way, too. Keep both, get the wpa for Mighty and move on!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

There are better vapes specifically for bong hits but realistically it probably works well enough for most users. Using an inverted dosing capsule lid is my preference, it basically adds conduction to the top of the load so it’s getting conduction from the sides and above, and convection straight from below. Very even AVB. Can smash through herb quite quickly like this.

IMO, If this vape was not electronically governed to not hit the same temperatures as it’s big brother (Volcano) I think we would see superior effects.

I guess my question would be: Why did the design team limit the maximum temperature on Mighty/Crafty to a value that was analytically demonstrated to be less effective than smoking a joint in previous Volcano studies performed by S&B, A. Hazekamp, and others?

The fact that Volcano Hybrid wasn’t attenuated down to 210C suggests to me they know the conduction aspect is not enough to push the medicinal threshold, hence the premium models still allowing for higher temp capabilities, up to 446F.
I think if Mighty+ was granted that extra temperature range it would seriously even out the competition within S&Bs own hierarchy. But perhaps it’s like Porsche not wanting the Cayman to surpass the legacy 911.

I will say that I’ve re-vaped Mighty AVB in my Volcano and didn’t really get anything, though I find that simply “vaping til the clouds stop” doesn’t necessarily correlate with getting the same effects either.

Last edited:

MonkeyTime

There are better vapes specifically for bong hits but realistically it probably works well enough for most users. Using an inverted dosing capsule lid is my preference, it basically adds conduction to the top of the load so it’s getting conduction from the sides and above, and convection straight from below. Very even AVB. Can smash through herb quite quickly like this.

IMO, If this vape was not electronically governed to not hit the same temperatures as it’s big brother (Volcano) I think we would see superior effects.

I guess my question would be: Why did the design team limit the maximum temperature on Mighty/Crafty to a value that was analytically demonstrated to be less effective than smoking a joint in previous Volcano studies performed by S&B, A. Hazekamp, and others?

The fact that Volcano Hybrid wasn’t attenuated down to 210C suggests to me they know the conduction aspect is not enough to push the medicinal threshold, hence the premium models still allowing for higher temp capabilities, up to 446F.
I think if Mighty+ was granted that extra temperature range it would seriously even out the competition within S&Bs own hierarchy. But perhaps it’s like Porsche not wanting the Cayman to surpass the legacy 911.

I will say that I’ve re-vaped Mighty AVB in my Volcano and didn’t really get anything, though I find that simply “vaping til the clouds stop” doesn’t necessarily correlate with getting the same effects either.

I'm guessing the limit is because of the plastic. Raise the temps another 10-20F and it might crumble after 6 months usage! Mine has been a trooper but is showing wear, a + could very well find it's way into my arsenal.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I'm guessing the limit is because of the plastic. Raise the temps another 10-20F and it might crumble after 6 months usage! Mine has been a trooper but is showing wear, a + could very well find it's way into my arsenal.

I thought about that, but the volcano is 20 years old and already goes hotter so they appear to have the capability. Though it does seem a bit different from what my solid valve is made from.

Are you still on your original Mighty? Did it nudge out the Minivap from your regular rotation in your signature?

ChooChooCharlie

MonkeyTime

I thought about that, but the volcano is 20 years old and already goes hotter so they appear to have the capability. Though it does seem a bit different from what my solid valve is made from.

Are you still on your original Mighty? Did it nudge out the Minivap from your regular rotation in your signature?
Still the original Mighty, one small piece missing up near the top, but fully functional.

With my TM out for the count at the moment, the Mighty is my main portable for out and about again with the IO getting some action. Once home it's an MV or the Evo or Vapbong plugged in.

It just works and easily every time. Throw in the capsules for convenience and it's a no brainier!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I'm guessing here:

That upper temp limit at 210C for Volcano Medic and Mighty story:

S&B want to normalize medical cannabis use
Dr. Arno Hazekamp assigned research/testing task
Finds "optimal" extraction temp in lab testing:

S&B agree to 210C for Volcano Medic cert

4 years later, knew they would produce Medic line of Mighty, so easier to engineer upper 210C for entire portable line

Wow, that was a very interesting read!

A stand out is the note that 210C seemed to be ideal for vaporizing pure THC - notice that's a long, long way away from the 315F number floating around in vaporizer infographics, and that matches up to a very old third party analytical test done with the Volcano by John Berfelo and others.

I must say I'm not sure I fully agree with Hazekamp that vaporization temperatures should be attenuated to prevent "overdosing on cannabis." I find that to be a somewhat strange premise.

"...At the same time, the amount of THC maximally released into the vapor should not be so high that accidental overdosing can occur (safety)."

Interestingly I found no reference to the other study from Lieden where efficacy was compared between a Volcano and a marijuana cigarette.

lvViBQ5.jpg

This presents a very peculiar premise as this vaporizer was originally $469, so I think its an interesting question: can a doobie actually extract more medicinal compounds than a "medical vaporizer?" I'm not sure if that's true or not, though the medical user I bought the Mighty for did in fact abandon it for a $10 glass one hitter. And that's not a diss on the Mighty, I just find it strange how some people seem immune to vaporization. Whereas some of my favorite vapor sessions of all time was running a Volcano on 5-6, which would probably be considered rather ineffective by analytical standards.

This leads me to a thread idea I've been thinking about making for a while, which is: now that vaporizers, and vaporizables are "stronger" than ever, do people actually feel like they are getting stronger effects than ever? Some of the old timers I talk to feel the herb is less potent/effective than the grass they grew up on, but it's hard to tell if that's true or just the nostalgia talking.

blackstone

Wow, that was a very interesting read!

A stand out is the note that 210C seemed to be ideal for vaporizing pure THC - notice that's a long, long way away from the 315F number floating around in vaporizer infographics, and that matches up to a very old third party analytical test done with the Volcano by John Berfelo and others.

I must say I'm not sure I fully agree with Hazekamp that vaporization temperatures should be attenuated to prevent "overdosing on cannabis." I find that to be a somewhat strange premise.

"...At the same time, the amount of THC maximally released into the vapor should not be so high that accidental overdosing can occur (safety)."

Interestingly I found no reference to the other study from Lieden where efficacy was compared between a Volcano and a marijuana cigarette.

lvViBQ5.jpg

This presents a very peculiar premise as this vaporizer was originally $469, so I think its an interesting question: can a doobie actually extract more medicinal compounds than a "medical vaporizer?" I'm not sure if that's true or not, though the medical user I bought the Mighty for did in fact abandon it for a $10 glass one hitter. And that's not a diss on the Mighty, I just find it strange how some people seem immune to vaporization. Whereas some of my favorite vapor sessions of all time was running a Volcano on 5-6, which would probably be considered rather ineffective by analytical standards.

This leads me to a thread idea I've been thinking about making for a while, which is: now that vaporizers, and vaporizables are "stronger" than ever, do people actually feel like they are getting stronger effects than ever? Some of the old timers I talk to feel the herb is less potent/effective than the grass they grew up on, but it's hard to tell if that's true or just the nostalgia talking.

In one of the studies I saw that 210c was optimal as harmful things like benzene could be found above that temp. Maybe that's the study Choochoo linked to also.
They also recommend always using the 210c on your medicine to avoid abuse by third parties later of anything left over in your medicine or capsules!
I have often turned to ABV in quiet times and tried hard to get anything out at 230c in the Hybrid, regrind into dust, full bowls, max temp, heat soak etc. And i have to agree there is very little left to abuse in most ABV!
I would maybe feel a slight tightness behind the eyes, a little relaxed and more sleepy maybe but very mild after bowls and bowls of ABV dust.
I also smoked it once and felt sleepy, and gave it to a smoking friend who got little joy from ABV alone.
Maybe on top of the other effects it could help a little bit?
There is a lot of benefit in those first draws. I tried one time to find a low temperature that would work for me before heading to a day job.
That was hard, I would either not feel enough benefits, or when I approached 170c or higher I found the effects hard to hide and hard to work/converse with others normally!
I also lowered my max. once to 205 or 207c to avoid problems with an og Crafty, and could hardly tell the difference overall.
But I understand everyone's different and they might miss the things from high up the temp. range.

In one video, one of the S&B owners poured a ballon for the interviewer and he used around the 5 or 5 1/2 mark on the classic, so 178c to 184c, maybe for great taste and he can tune the strengh with the amount used?

BTW, looking at that diagram you posted it seems that there are more 'noids when vaping versus smoking, not the other way round?
I think "total yield", the black bar, refers to total condensate amount, although it looks like they have written "mg/g of cannabis" at the left side where it maybe could read "mg of matter per g of cannabis"?
The cannabinoids and THC are higher in the Volcano set, while the by-products are higher in the smoke, making up the rest of its total condensate.
Maybe your friends miss/need the by products, or the larger total condensate amounts!?

I remember how bad my PAX used to taste at full temperature, maybe that's another reason!
(Note: both Volcano Medic and Medic 2 had a 210c maximum also).

Would you go for any of the items on this list?:
Less chance of casing cracking,
Faster heat up,
More sessions per battery charge,
Stronger vapor for less amount used,
Slightly updated styling/hand feel with orange logo:rofl:
Same price and brush but no grinder, filling aid or charger,
Smaller packaging,
USB charging with free cable included.

But yeah nobody should wait that long without trying a Mighty so you were right to jump in that time!!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
BTW, looking at that diagram you posted it seems that there are more 'noids when vaping versus smoking, not the other way round?
I think "total yield", the black bar, refers to total condensate amount, although it looks like they have written "mg/g of cannabis" at the left side where it maybe could read "mg of matter per g of cannabis"?
The cannabinoids and THC are higher in the Volcano set, while the by-products are higher in the smoke, making up the rest of its total condensate.
Maybe your friends miss/need the by products, or the larger total condensate amounts!?

The volcano delivered more cannabinoids on its highest temperature setting, but the lower temperature settings scored fairly low in comparison to the Volcano at 230C and the combusted joint. It’s definitely not a perfect study either, I believe they only used 50mg of material which is pretty low for a Volcano in my experience. But it’s one of the few pieces of information on vaping available to reference, wish there were more comparisons.

Replaceable batteries.

I know it ain't gonna happen but it's fun to dream.

USB-C charging would be a nice add-on too, Even without replaceable batteries, At least you could bring a power bank for a booster pack.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Would you go for any of the items on this list?:
Less chance of casing cracking,
Faster heat up,
More sessions per battery charge,
Stronger vapor for less amount used,
Slightly updated styling/hand feel with orange logo:rofl:
Same price and brush but no grinder, filling aid or charger,
Smaller packaging,
USB charging with free cable included.
That's Crafty+!

While we're at it, I don't want any bluetooth in my next Mighty, I think I'd go another way if that happens...
and don't make me click anything, like, five times fast...
I'd be okay if they change the screen to an analog temp dial (see, TM) though I haven't had any issues with that.

justcametomind

That's Crafty+!

While we're at it, I don't want any bluetooth in my next Mighty, I think I'd go another way if that happens...
I'd be okay if they change the screen to an analog temp dial (see, TM) though I haven't had any issues with that.
They could also put on a (larger) LCD screen with touch control. And no buttons. :(

blackstone

That's Crafty+!

I forgot about the new pick tool, it changed to transparent orange.
I'm sure it will go sort of that way though, if they did the Crafty+ style treatment to it I would be attracted.
It's bound to be one of the strongest portables with the two batteries and considering the development team they probably have ATM, it might have an edge over all previous versions anyway.

Solomon

Talk to the Beard
The volcano delivered more cannabinoids on its highest temperature setting, but the lower temperature settings scored fairly low in comparison to the Volcano at 230C and the combusted joint. It’s definitely not a perfect study either, I believe they only used 50mg of material which is pretty low for a Volcano in my experience. But it’s one of the few pieces of information on vaping available to reference, wish there were more comparisons.

USB-C charging would be a nice add-on too, Even without replaceable batteries, At least you could bring a power bank for a booster pack.

I don't own a Volcano, but I do own a Vapir Rise, which works a lot like a volcano, but with "hooka" options.

They did their own study of vaping temps...(it's apparently age-restricted so you have to go directly to youtube to see it), but here are 2 of the results graphs

VapirRise2-0 Vaporizer Study with CW Analytical - YouTube 1-5-2021 8-25-03 AM.png

VapirRise2-0 Vaporizer Study with CW Analytical - YouTube 1-5-2021 8-25-36 AM.png

Here's a link the the video:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I don't own a Volcano, but I do own a Vapir Rise, which works a lot like a volcano, but with "hooka" options.

They did their own study of vaping temps...(it's apparently age-restricted so you have to go directly to youtube to see it), but here are 2 of the results graphs

View attachment 4959

View attachment 4960

Here's a link the the video:

I am familiar with that video, it's awesome content and good to see again. But I guess it leaves more questions than answers considering the metrics are so wildly different in the results that S&B found. I suspect this could simply come down to thermocouple location and/or the way the display temperature is measured versus the air temperature, but there's probably plenty of additional variables as well.

Few observations though: THCV is falling way off on the cannabinoid chart which is intrguing as most sources cite THCV as having one of the highest boiling point cannabinoids, at 428F. So its interesting to see it fall off before D9-THC?

Another interesting one is how much terpenes are destroyed by starting at a hotter bag. A lot of people mention trying to cache a bowl with various vapes in one hit under the premise of "getting all the terps" but you can see how having a vape hot enough to crush a bowl in one hit will realistically destroy a lot of the flavor compounds.

Top Bottom