• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

saint-82

Guya, is the mighty still the one? My mighty is from the first batch they produced. Still works fine all these later but can't help thinking there might be something better and more up to date.

I was looking at the ghost mv1 as i heard that the flavour was more consistent over the whole bowl.

saint-82,
Reactions: LesPlenty

darbarikanada

Still works fine all these later but can't help thinking there might be something better and more up to date.

Troy @ 420 vape zone, who has (I think) something like 140 vapes, said mighty is still his favorite just a month ago. there's been a lot of talk of a Mighty 'plus' (they came out with a Crafty+ a while back), but nobody really knows what's going on; it may have to do with the pandemic, supply chains, etc.

Ghost went out of business. people have been selling them at big discounts, possibly because there isn't any customer service now. I never tried one, but it seemed like getting it to work just right was pretty tricky (right grind, right pack, stirring) and a lot of people found loading it to be awkward. if you want an 'on demand' vape like the MV-1, all the buzz right now is about the tinymight, but you might have to wait a while for delivery.

kushkush

happy camper....
well good for you... with me they were great inside the warranty, they replace my broken crafty straight away but a few months after warranty ended the replacement got broken again and since the warranty is for the buy and not the device itself they only offered me a 50$ discount on a new unit, no repair solution for my unit so for me thats bad CS but it just my opinion...

Btw with a 2$ thermal fuse and a YT video i repaired the unit so.... 2$ vs 50$ discount on a new unit judge yourself....

Cheers
😎

I think every Mighty should have that 2 yr warranty. So if it's a replacement, it's a new Mighty so it should also have a 2 yr. warranty. I'm glad you were able to save yourself some money. ;)

@darbarikanada ...good idea, I think I'll read the other 600 pages. ha! Going to try a drop of concentrate on the pad tomorrow.

:leaf:

karec

I think every Mighty should have that 2 yr warranty. So if it's a replacement, it's a new Mighty so it should also have a 2 yr. warranty. I'm glad you were able to save yourself some money. ;)

@darbarikanada ...good idea, I think I'll read the other 600 pages. ha! Going to try a drop of concentrate on the pad tomorrow.

I agree with you!!!! every NEW unit should have a 2yr warranty despite of the buying warranty... (in Portugal the law if for the unit and not the buy...) makes sense imo since its a new device, there is nothing different except the fact is sent as a replacement instead of a new buy... this way they wouldn't gave away new devices like candy and they would have to address all problems before selling them, make a more steady unit and fix everything that make the unit fail, dont get me wrong the updated Crafty+ looks like they address those problems but still imo a bad CS... after warranty.... i just want a unit that last at least double the warranty period and not one that under warranty fails a lot (like OG Crafty, sometime 3 replacements during warranty 🤮....) im not wealthy to get a 300$ unit every 2 years just because their product have problems.... after my Crafty issue i promised myself never to get another S&B product although i think they are one of the best brands around, its easy to move forward and get 10yr warranty with a DaVinci or a TM but i got a Mighty on a black friday and since my VAS got me a bunch of new different units my Mighty is working fine, rotating with others, imo that was N1 thing with the Crafty, its not built to last if you're using more than 2/3 times a day.....
Now that wood casing..... with external bats.... beautiful!!!! for me its already the Mighty+!!!
Cheers
😎

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I think every Mighty should have that 2 yr warranty. So if it's a replacement, it's a new Mighty so it should also have a 2 yr. warranty.
I don't think that's generally a sustainable model, especially with electronics.
At the rate I was going, I would be on my 14th Crafty by now! and I don't think my original purchase price would carry all those costs for S&B... :lol:
So, what would they do? I think the only answer would be financial, i.e., charge a lot more $ for what amounts to a lifetime warranty.
The lifetime warranty thing does not seem to be working out too good for the Grasshopper makers...

kushkush

happy camper....
The lifetime warranty thing does not seem to be working out too good for the Grasshopper makers...
I had a Grasshopper and used it about 5 times before putting it away forever. Should have sent it back but didn't. I even have some of their proprietary blue batteries that I've never used.

I'm very happy with my Mightys and feel spoiled to have two.

P.S. Anybody else have problems signing in to Storz-Bickel? It's a vicious cycle. Finally let me redo my password, said it was okay, then when I signed in with that exact password it tells me my info isn't good and to reset my password. Then I do it all over again just to be told the same thing. Did that 3 times then got bored. It must cost money to sign in....

Last edited:

simplywonderful

well good for you... with me they were great inside the warranty, they replace my broken crafty straight away but a few months after warranty ended the replacement got broken again and since the warranty is for the buy and not the device itself they only offered me a 50$ discount on a new unit, no repair solution for my unit so for me thats bad CS but it just my opinion...

Btw with a 2$ thermal fuse and a YT video i repaired the unit so.... 2$ vs 50$ discount on a new unit judge yourself....

Cheers
😎
can you share the video for future references? :D

simplywonderful,
Reactions: karec

simplywonderful

CRAFTY - FLASHING YELLOW LIGHT FIX - ETF 02
thank you very much, Im wondering btw about the warranty coupon, didnt they offered much larger discount before as after warranty service? Im sure if the device would have renewed warranty for each year, sb would either make mighty ultimate version with minimized place for errors or they would deny most claims, and made it costumer fault which is much more less likely :D Damn that vape would have built like Tyson :lol::rofl:
but no kidding blowing that dude off because his device was used more than 60 hours was crazy, Im wondering how did they know, probably through app? I always hated those bluetooth apps they are doomed, even through with crafty it comes handy, Im wondering if anyone had been blown of that way with their Mighty

Last edited:

karec

Im wondering btw about the warranty coupon, didnt they offered much larger discount before as after warranty service?
Dont know about any warranty coupon.... im just sharing my experience with S&B a few years ago..., like i said after the Crafty issue i got a Mighty but being so big and not that portable plus having bought more vapes i didnt stress out the Mighty like i did with the Crafty i didnt need to get in touch with S&B CS. The thermal fuse problem on the Crafty showing on this video was avoidable imo is a engineering problem and i guess it was fixed on the + edition, the Mighty is more like a tank so i think it will last longer.
I did 2 thermal fuse replacements, on the last one i replace the battery with a Sony VTC6, put a higher spec thermal fuse and replace the body, looks like new although having +- 500h, its been stored away since im using my TinyMight as a daily driver along side the EVO but i always keep my Mighty close by....
Cheers
😎

simplywonderful

by warranty coupon I meant that 50bucks discount, I thought it was higher. how did you replaced the body on your second crafty, better said where did you got it? does the battery hold up better? I was laughing when watching sb factory tour yesterday and they were showing the fuse and its protecting cover :D how do you like your TinyMight compared to mighty ?
thx for sharing your experience bud

noobvaperct

Just don't look at any sales that are due in the next few weeks, that said we are here for a good time not a long time so you can enjoy your Mighty for longer than if you had waited!
You’re definitely not wrong. I have a RBT splinter setup that I bought as my first ever vape thanks to this forum. I didn’t use it much at all and took a super long break because of the pandemic. Looking to try and sell my RBT and box mod to make room for my incoming Mighty.

karec

by warranty coupon I meant that 50bucks discount, I thought it was higher. how did you replaced the body on your second crafty, better said where did you got it? does the battery hold up better? I was laughing when watching sb factory tour yesterday and they were showing the fuse and its protecting cover :D how do you like your TinyMight compared to mighty ?
thx for sharing your experience bud
Yeah 50bucks in a 300$ device that didnt last the 2 years of the warranty back then....

- The body, i bought and old crafty with a funny story, it was a replacement unit that lasted 2 months (the OG Crafty in those days...) and the owner just simply put it away, so @HomerSchwag (thx again mate!!!) after knowing i was looking for one kindly send it to me, the replacement is straight forward especially after i already had made a thermal fuse replacement, just get the proper tool to unscrew or they won't last more than 2 or 3 openings.

- The new battery, a sony vtc6 that wasn't new it was one that i used on the IQ, the vape i got to replace the crafty, i just payed to get the contacts done and add the thermal wrap and it was done. Immediately i went from 2/3 sessions where the 3rd sometimes didnt last till the end to 4/5 a bit better when the unit was new but the sony bat has higher specs then the one used by S&B.

TM vs Mighty, like them both but i use the TM now instead of the Mighty so im saying i prefer the TM

Main reasons:
- On demand feature of the TM so i went from having a sesh feeling like i was almost running to a more lay down sesh because i can now control the time/temp.
- The flavour from a glass stem, when i go back to the Mighty the flavour is different from the same strain and all is due to the materials so glass vs plastic.... no brainer there i guess...
- The ability to micro dose, i know i can micro dose on the Mighty but its not the same thing...
- Replacement battery feature is better than not having one, with the Mighty because it last a lot of sessions its not really a big problem but using 1 instead of 2 matter in size, many of the Mighty´s and Crafty´s issues are related to the batteries in the long run so thats i love the work made by @dzoinp in the Crafty and @ETNAMAKER on the Mighty transforming them in replacement battery devices and using wood instead of plastic in the body make the device better looking imo
S&B need to make new devices not upgrade old ones, the purchase by canopy could be a sign of this but its been a while and nothing new.... 🤢

Cheers
😎

simplywonderful

Yeah 50bucks in a 300$ device that didnt last the 2 years of the warranty back then....

- The body, i bought and old crafty with a funny story, it was a replacement unit that lasted 2 months (the OG Crafty in those days...) and the owner just simply put it away, so @HomerSchwag (thx again mate!!!) after knowing i was looking for one kindly send it to me, the replacement is straight forward especially after i already had made a thermal fuse replacement, just get the proper tool to unscrew or they won't last more than 2 or 3 openings.

- The new battery, a sony vtc6 that wasn't new it was one that i used on the IQ, the vape i got to replace the crafty, i just payed to get the contacts done and add the thermal wrap and it was done. Immediately i went from 2/3 sessions where the 3rd sometimes didnt last till the end to 4/5 a bit better when the unit was new but the sony bat has higher specs then the one used by S&B.

TM vs Mighty, like them both but i use the TM now instead of the Mighty so im saying i prefer the TM

Main reasons:
- On demand feature of the TM so i went from having a sesh feeling like i was almost running to a more lay down sesh because i can now control the time/temp.
- The flavour from a glass stem, when i go back to the Mighty the flavour is different from the same strain and all is due to the materials so glass vs plastic.... no brainer there i guess...
- The ability to micro dose, i know i can micro dose on the Mighty but its not the same thing...
- Replacement battery feature is better than not having one, with the Mighty because it last a lot of sessions its not really a big problem but using 1 instead of 2 matter in size, many of the Mighty´s and Crafty´s issues are related to the batteries in the long run so thats i love the work made by @dzoinp in the Crafty and @ETNAMAKER on the Mighty transforming them in replacement battery devices and using wood instead of plastic in the body make the device better looking imo
S&B need to make new devices not upgrade old ones, the purchase by canopy could be a sign of this but its been a while and nothing new.... 🤢

Cheers
😎
Thats sad I read many similar stories about the us sb costumer service.
You got very lucky then Im happy for you if its holding up strongly (meaning the top of the cu unit)
yes I know it has more capacity (battery ) that is why I asked.
about the TM can you describe the TM microdosing more, by that I mean the difference? I was not succesful with microdosing with mighty, It didnt packed that punch. I love the wooden housings too, I hope they would be affordable :) I wish I could buy it like that new :D

Hey people can you please help me with the cleaning again? the chamber was quite easy but there is a ring around the plastic ridge of the cu and Im not sure how to clean it. I tried rubbing iso with tissues and it left some residue but there is still a ring, there. Btw anyone from uk found similar product to that dark crystal clear glass cleaner ?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Haven’t used this vape in a while - Was playing around with an inverted dosing capsule lid nested on top of the herb as a reducer. I’ve used the oil pad as a spacer previously, but since those are SS, and the dosing capsule lid is the same material as the bowl (aluminum) - when done this way the herb is equally saturated with conduction heat on all sides and the top of the bowl, + convection from below; seems to be ripping harder than it ever has, I’m crushing a reduced bowl in one good pull at 410F. Probably been mentioned a number of times, but worth a shot if you’re looking for more of a one hit experience from a S&B portable.

And if you’re thinking “why not just use a dosing capsule” for additional conduction - for whatever reason this seems to rip harder for me - I think the wider diameter adds a bit more heated surface area this way than the dosing capsule.

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
Haven’t used this vape in a while - Was playing around with an inverted dosing capsule lid nested on top of the herb as a reducer. I’ve used the oil pad as a spacer previously, but since those are SS, and the dosing capsule lid is the same material as the bowl (aluminum) - when done this way the herb is equally saturated with conduction heat on all sides and the top of the bowl, + convection from below; seems to be ripping harder than it ever has, I’m crushing a reduced bowl in one good pull at 410F. Probably been mentioned a number of times, but worth a shot if you’re looking for more of a one hit experience from a S&B portable.

And if you’re thinking “why not just use a dosing capsule” for additional conduction - for whatever reason this seems to rip harder for me - I think the wider diameter adds a bit more heated surface area this way than the dosing capsule.
Exactly how I am using it. It also helps to keep the CU a bit cleaner.
But depending on the weed I often go slower and take a couple draws at 180-190°C and only then go to the max 210°C/410°F. That way I get the taste and the effect. And my old lungs can handle it.
For top quality, cured weed I also like 210°C/410°F from the beginning, specially if I can add water filtration.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Exactly how I am using it. It also helps to keep the CU a bit cleaner.
But depending on the weed I often go slower and take a couple draws at 180-190°C and only then go to the max 210°C/410°F. That way I get the taste and the effect. And my old lungs can handle it.
For top quality, cured weed I also like 210°C/410°F from the beginning, specially if I can add water filtration.

:cheers: I broke my WPA a while back, but last night I realized my Universal Silicone on Glass Adapter works on the end of the stock mouthpiece to run thru water! I must admit that I do not own the delta3D version, mine is just the silicone end of an eye dropper with the closed end snipped off. Also works with my Arizer, Dynavap, oil cartridges, etc:sherlock:

kushkush

happy camper....
Does anyone here use higher temps when using concentrates? I seem to get a lot less vapor at 180C with concentrates than with flower. I usually stay betw 180 and 185C. I guess I could just crankerup and see what happens?

simplywonderful

:cheers: I broke my WPA a while back, but last night I realized my Universal Silicone on Glass Adapter works on the end of the stock mouthpiece to run thru water! I must admit that I do not own the delta3D version, mine is just the silicone end of an eye dropper with the closed end snipped off. Also works with my Arizer, Dynavap, oil cartridges, etc:sherlock:
can you post a pic of yours? I just need to know to be sure, Im not sure mine is silicone based, which glass joint it fits btw? 14 or 18mm?

Btw to everyone using capsules, did somebody found a trick on how to reshape deformed caps? The bottom part? I have a tool similar to plunger(metal screwdriver) which fits in the top lid and reshape the lid easily, Im looking for something like that for the bottom part/basket

Last edited:

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
I recently had to go to 195ºC to get big clouds from 'old toby' wax.
Does anyone here use higher temps when using concentrates? I seem to get a lot less vapor at 180C with concentrates than with flower. I usually stay betw 180 and 185C. I guess I could just crankerup and see what happens?

I tried the concentrate pads for rosin recently. From former trials I was under the impression that higher temps work better for concentrates, so I started at 210°C. At the beginning the taste was very nice.
But I find the vapour production to be pretty inconsistent. It probably depends alot on how and where the droplet gets applied to the pad and how it disperses in it.
After a couple of reloads it got pretty messy and the old stuff in the pad doesn't add to a good taste...
While you can use a Mighty/Crafty for concentrates, I think there are better ways or improvements that could be made.

darbarikanada

I tried the concentrate pads for rosin recently. From former trials I was under the impression that higher temps work better for concentrates, so I started at 210°C. At the beginning the taste was very nice.
But I find the vapour production to be pretty inconsistent. It probably depends alot on how and where the droplet gets applied to the pad and how it disperses in it.
After a couple of reloads it got pretty messy and the old stuff in the pad doesn't add to a good taste...
While you can use a Mighty/Crafty for concentrates, I think there are better ways or improvements that could be made.
the temp range that's worked for me with wax is ~180-195ºC - I've never had to go to 210. I just start at about 170, temp-step until I get clouds. I've never done reloads, and always do a 2 min. burnoff at 210º to get rid of residue, then swab with alcohol and soak the pad. I also have found that putting in more than .03-.04g can get dirty/gummy. I can definitely see how doing reloads would get messy, so the crafty/mighty might not be good for that type of usage.

darbarikanada,
Reactions: Thick Vape

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
the temp range that's worked for me with wax is ~180-195ºC - I've never had to go to 210. I just start at about 170, temp-step until I get clouds. I've never done reloads, and always do a 2 min. burnoff at 210º to get rid of residue, then swab with alcohol and soak the pad. I also have found that putting in more than .03-.04g can get dirty/gummy. I can definitely see how doing reloads would get messy, so the crafty/mighty might not be good for that type of usage.
I see this working even for 210°C. It just is a hassle to clean the pad after each load or having multiple pads to exchange.
And how the concentrate is dispersed in the pad still has a major effect on the cloud you get.

The pad filled capsules lend themselves to a use like you suggest.
Load capsule with concentrate. Use when needed. Put away for cleaning when used.

Btw: The taste is nice low temp taste, you can discern the different terpenes

Last edited:
Thick Vape,
Top Bottom