The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

kdgenergy

Just got the Mighty and been using it daily, I'm in loveeee!😍
Question: I noticed s&b is now out of stock, should new owners be worried about the "new Mighty" everyone's speculating about. Sorry if this has been talked about, new here!

daoist

I don't think there will be a new Mighty. a new mighty is just some sort of pipe dream of some youtubers i think. They already got the best metal screen (or is it a titanium screen?) you can have in a vaporizer that don't hurt your throat like the extreme Q. but they have all glass filter elbows for the whip and the bag to boost flavour. if mighty had glass i am sure the flavour would become next level ( i know this becuase i got a glass adapter for the bong).

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Just got the Mighty and been using it daily, I'm in loveeee!😍
Question: I noticed s&b is now out of stock, should new owners be worried about the "new Mighty" everyone's speculating about. Sorry if this has been talked about, new here!
I don't think any of us consumers know for sure if a Mighty+ is in the future; it's all speculation, while logical because it happened to the little brother, Crafty. Mighty has not had significant upgrade ever, so it seems likely sometime.
I think Mighty in/out of stock this year has been directly related to pandemic rippling through supply chain, labor slowing, etc.

Your new Mighty is a great, great vape and should be able to last for years.

I also believe that you're in good hands with this company. The warranty is solidly backed and I'm sure that if a + does supplant the Mighty, any replacement for you under warranty (if yours fails) would be the new one.
Worry does not need to be part of your picture at this point!
Enjoy the heck out of it!

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

@daoist
Did you see the packaging for the USB travel adapter showing compatibility with the Crafty+ and Mighty+ that was posted in April?

The screens are aluminum afaik.

A new model will be welcomed by many but it doesnt seem as neccessary as the Crafty+ update was. The battery life is already pretty good but if heat up times decrease (one area for improvement) that should boost battery life along with higher capacity cells. App compatibility will probably be added but there's already a screen on the device so it's not neccessary imo, more of an added feature like the Hybrid has but less neccessary without bags. Minor cosmetic changes probably as well. There could be a major overhaul but why change it drastically when the original sells so well.

When I looked at what areas I wanted the device improved and how much more I'd have to spend for the new version when it comes out it didn't seem worth it to me when I bought mine on April on sale.

The original works really really well for a mostly conduction vape. It still blows me away that I can take a 1 second hit and produce vapor, it's like the joint of vaporizers.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Oh, yeah, I forgot that "Mighty+" in print on the packaging.

@SquirrelMaster, I'm pretty much with you -- there's little need for re-vamp of this one, and they did upgrade batteries & other things along the way. Now that you mention it, I hope they'd leave the bluetooth out altogether!

I also think the chamber (but not screens) is aluminum, almost certainly for some good 'reason' from an engineering standpoint, but it has some -- possibly several -- drawbacks.
So, a change to something like s. steel perhaps? I've had a VLeaf Go for a few months and the chamber has stayed shiny clean with no cleaning effort at all. (The chamber on that is ss, and user replaceable.)
But S&B didn't change the Crafty+ bowl (much?) so it seems unlikely they'd do it w/ Mighty+.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Sorry to post b2b, but the thanks for the comment above,
it's like the joint of vaporizers
It really was sinking in with me yesterday, in a slightly different context.
I realized that the pattern here at home (me & my honey) is, if we are vaping as individuals, we will each go to a convection vape, every time. (hopper/splinter/milaana3/VLeafGo)

BUT, if we want to spend some time quality time sitting together (or driving) we'll always go to the Mighty, for the 'pass-ability', the no-mind ease of use, etc., etc.
Sometimes we pop it on a water piece and pass the whip...
It is definitely the closest we come these days to our decades-old (but now long past) ritual, which was always passing joints.

Last edited:

dimmusp

I realized that the pattern here at home (me & my honey) is, if we are vaping as individuals, we will each go to a convection vape, every time. (hopper/splinter/milaana3/VLeafGo)

BUT, if we want to spend some time quality time sitting together (or driving) we'll always go to the Mighty, for the 'pass-ability', the no-mind ease of use, etc., etc.
It is definitely the closest we come these days to our decades-old (but now long past) ritual, which was always passing joints.
Please don't vape and drive! :o:o:o

SquirrelMaster

Forsooth!
Ha I had to dictionary that one. I like it!

Oh, yeah, I forgot that "Mighty+" in print on the packaging.

@SquirrelMaster, I'm pretty much with you -- there's little need for re-vamp of this one, and they did upgrade batteries & other things along the way. Now that you mention it, I hope they'd leave the bluetooth out altogether!

I also think the chamber (but not screens) is aluminum, almost certainly for some good 'reason' from an engineering standpoint, but it has some -- possibly several -- drawbacks.
So, a change to something like s. steel perhaps? I've had a VLeaf Go for a few months and the chamber has stayed shiny clean with no cleaning effort at all. (The chamber on that is ss, and user replaceable.)
But S&B didn't change the Crafty+ bowl (much?) so it seems unlikely they'd do it w/ Mighty+.
For myself I just don't see Bluetooth being a useful feature. On a desktop sitting in another room, sure. If that desktop is temp stepping a bag, yes again. Having an automatic temp step like the Hybrid can do for a session might be useful but it seems unnecessary to me on a portable. I'd rather the savings go into durability or cost savings. Yeah the screens are aluminum as well apparently. I'm already using dosing caps exclusively to keep my oven clean so it doesn't bother me that much. All or nothing is what I figure. I'd rather they use a high grade SS everywhere.

I completely agree. My wife doesn't partake but if I was sharing a portable device I would reach for the Mighty over anything else. By myself I switch it up but mostly use convection.

I tried some 4mm boro balls in my CU yesterday for fun. Airflow was still excellent but I can't say how it compares without a stock CU to directly compare. Seems a little smoother though...

Vapor Loop

I finally got a Mighty after putting over 90 hours on my crafty + in under three months. I wish i didn't hold out on these as long as i did. But after many hours of use i seem to have completely forgotten why i did. :hmm: A little materials joke for those who got it.

I like to take my time with sessions and was only getting three sessions on the Crafty +. I found out even then i was rushing a bit since i only get about four on the Mighty now. I was getting six using it as long as the Crafty per session. I will still be getting a Minivap as well.

I just wish there was a really nice discrete portable. A better Grasshopper with batteries you can find all over would be nice. I been using a portside in pocket for discrete as of late since i can never get hopper batteries. The Vleaf go seems cool but it's a budget vape with onboard battery. I have low expectations on flavor and reliability there. Tinymight is a maybe.

Vapor Loop

I know i won't care for the Pax2 which really sucks because i love how those things look. I did however seem to overlook the Iq2 and the capsules take away one of my big worries i have for both the cleaning. I have a mirror finish on my Mighty ring still with at least 40 hours on it. The Crafty + damn near still has a mirror finish and i have 99 hours on it. The cooling unit is something i look forward to with these since i use a fine screen. I simply go in with a dab tool and put it directly on my E-nail. The excess with hemp or cotton fiber then into the E-nano it goes. If i wan't it cleaner just a quick iso dip.

Chandler

I broke 3 great convection portables this summer... Had an outing last week n decided I'd pull out my mighty. Couldn't find my old abused one. Been years. Had to break out my old brand new backup that's never been used. Probably been about 3 years or so since I retired them bad boys n turned into a convection snob lol.
Cot dayum. My first session reminded me why I quit smoking. My original crafty many many moons ago was that catalyst! There's a time n place for all of our old vapes! Glad I brought it out.

My question is this.
Which WPA would yall reccomend. The delta labs 3D silicone piece or the plastic n glass piece... There's some mixed reviews about how the plastic n glass fit, while the delta labs adapter has a bunch of perfect reviews.

MonkeyTime

I broke 3 great convection portables this summer... Had an outing last week n decided I'd pull out my mighty. Couldn't find my old abused one. Been years. Had to break out my old brand new backup that's never been used. Probably been about 3 years or so since I retired them bad boys n turned into a convection snob lol.
Cot dayum. My first session reminded me why I quit smoking. My original crafty many many moons ago was that catalyst! There's a time n place for all of our old vapes! Glad I brought it out.

My question is this.
Which WPA would yall reccomend. The delta labs 3D silicone piece or the plastic n glass piece... There's some mixed reviews about how the plastic n glass fit, while the delta labs adapter has a bunch of perfect reviews.

I only have the silicone version, so take what I say with that grain of salt.....

Early reports were that the solid plastic version caused more stress in the upper plastic and encouraged or caused cracking.

Because of this, I bought the soft version and have used it for about 3 years. No cracked housing from our because of it, but..... Because it's soft, I have to pay attention to pushing down while inhaling to ensure a good seal. I haven't heard others saying this and mine is old and deteriorated, so that could also be contributing....

Sorry for such a indirect answer, if recommend the silicone version, better safe than....

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@Chandler, my vote is for the silicone adapter.
As I mentioned recently, I have been preferring Mighty over the convection collection, WHEN there is more than 1 person involved.
But, yeah, you can always pull it out and enjoy, cause it works so well!

dimmusp

@Chandler, my vote is for the silicone adapter.
As I mentioned recently, I have been preferring Mighty over the convection collection, WHEN there is more than 1 person involved.
But, yeah, you can always pull it out and enjoy, cause it works so well!
What convection vapes were those? Any specific pros and cons?

Thanks

dimmusp,

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
My question is this.
I've got both, I prefer the silicone. No chance of damaging my Mighty with the silicone. The tabs on the glass/plastic one put a lot of stress on the Mighty tabs. Mine didn't fit at all until I filed it down and it's still very snug. There's some minor technique to use the silicone since it's soft but I haven't used my glass/plastic wpa since I got the silicone.

D3D.jpg

dimmusp

I've got both, I prefer the silicone. No chance of damaging my Mighty with the silicone. The tabs on the glass/plastic one put a lot of stress on the Mighty tabs. Mine didn't fit at all until I filed it down and it's still very snug. There's some minor technique to use the silicone since it's soft but I haven't used my glass/plastic wpa since I got the silicone.

D3D.jpg
Cool bubbler! I have a similar one. The Mighty looks huge next to it though. Doesn't it feel too heavy on the Rattle Can?

dimmusp,

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
Nah, it works fine. I only invert it while hitting it and as I mentioned, there's a bit of technique involved. Basically I hold the wpa with my pinky to steady it a bit. The soft silicone will pop off the Mighty tabs if it gets torqued too much.

I mainly use dry glass lately. Here's my current favorite rig.

Mightyglass.jpg

Top Bottom