• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

blissfulyogi

I never got a sticker with a Mighty so you are lucky, it seems all the gold is for their anniversary so.
When I googled I think I saw the ones you got?
View attachment 1653

But they went a little step above for the Volcano Hybrid, they are textured decals with raised letters on a clear backing, and they're quite big.
It would have been really nice to get one of those badges they had a while back. I'll take ages figuring out where to stick these!
View attachment 1654
Yes the first pic is exactly what I have, Its just a very cheap sticker. those that came with the volcano seems to be of much better quality

blissfulyogi,

JCat

Accessory Maker
As I mentioned a couple posts up, the batteries came from @JCat , though idk the spec, they are either 3,000 or maybe 3120 mAh versus 2700’s that came out.
They are Sony VTC6 batteries. These are very simply a great cell ... highly regarded in the vaporizer community. The specs for these are 3,000mAh rated capacity w/ 3,120mAh nominal capacity. There is more to a cell then simply the mAh though ... the discharge characteristics are equally as important, and the fact that the discharge characteristics are well matched/suited for the application.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
They are Sony VTC6 batteries. These are very simply a great cell ... highly regarded in the vaporizer community. The specs for these are 3,000mAh rated capacity w/ 3,120mAh nominal capacity. There is more to a cell then simply the mAh though ... the discharge characteristics are equally as important, and the fact that the discharge characteristics are well matched/suited for the application.
This straightens out some confusion on my part. I knew that you clearly stated on your thread that you use the VTC6's, a 3120 mAh Sony. But I could see somewhat, through the over-wrap that you put on them, a "3,000". Thanks for the explanation.

vapviking,
Reactions: jpdnkstr

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
This thread is now re-opened and has been merged with content from NewFC (if applicable). Read more about it here.

sk8man121

Frozen_Vaporent
Is anyone still using the dosing capsules in their Mighty? I'm finding they really kill the flavor of my herb and am wondering about how healthy the aluminum is to be inhaling.

sk8man121,
Reactions: arb

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Is anyone still using the dosing capsules in their Mighty? I'm finding they really kill the flavor of my herb and am wondering about how healthy the aluminum is to be inhaling.
I use them 90% of the time lately. I've removed the c/u screen.
The chamber itself is aluminum, so if you have trouble accepting the dosing cap material...
I don't fine any change in flavor compared to the chamber (I know, some folks do); I think the bigger determining factors are load density (pack) and temp settings.

daoist

my Mighty vaporizer arrived this morning. I am testing it out right now. I put 0.2 gram in there, i take a few hits and i am so blazed at such low temperature (180 degree).

Which cooling unit meshscreen would you recommend using? because they have 3 different size mesh screens.
This vaporizer is absolutely amazing by the way. very good taste. so refined and smooth. I think this Mighty is better than my herborzer XL. but my XL is for hitting bongs like a boss. I bought the mighty for hashish with the liquid pads. I only have flower at the moment.

daoist

By the way. the mighty manual is a mighty mystery.
how can i change the default configured temperature to 185 instead of 180? and how can i change the "double click" booster temperature.

daoist,
Reactions: jpdnkstr

SquirrelMaster

I find the conduction nature of the Mighty is what hurts flavour for me. The plastic mouthpiece may hurt flavour but that's probably psychosomatic with my adversion to anything plastic in the vapour path. The flavour stops faster with a cap but so does the vapour which makes sense with a smaller chamber. I can't tell a difference between caps or no caps so I use caps because they're just so convenient and they keep everything much cleaner. Storz and Bickel consider the caps to be a one time use item. Whether they do that for health reasons or some other liability is anyone's guess. Like @vapviking said the rest of the oven is aluminum anyways so either way the end results would be similar but I'll leave it at that.

daoist

I think herborizer has better flavour than mighty. But the mighty is pretty close. But overall i think the mighty has better overall vape.
But both are a different kind of vaping use. I like to just toke when i feel like it without having to worry about time restriction of the mighty., and the herborizer is perfect for that.
but the mighty is nice for hashish, which i have not tried yet in the mighty.

rodders83

I think herborizer has better flavour than mighty. But the mighty is pretty close. But overall i think the mighty has better overall vape.
But both are a different kind of vaping use. I like to just toke when i feel like it without having to worry about time restriction of the mighty., and the herborizer is perfect for that.
but the mighty is nice for hashish, which i have not tried yet in the mighty.

Mate thats what i was going to review.. I had to use my Mighty for 2 months as Herborizers microbowl made the vape so bad for me i could not use it. I had to go back to using the Mighty and ordered a regular Ti bowl.

And the Mighty is the better vape i think as well. The Herborizer element even at 5 will char herbs if you do not stir it and babysit the session. The Mighty is much more simple and the herb has no char and sometimes just as dark.

If you mate the Mighty to a watertool, It beats the Ti but it does not beat the Herbo XL. The XL suffers none of the downsides of the Ti. I did not expect to have to admit this either but there you go and i own all vaporizers and i have all three in front of me.

PS i cannot edit sorry

The setup i use for the Mighty was 210c Packed capsules and with the Easyflow water adatper and using the Planetvape f bomb hydratube or using the older larger roor size herbo bubbler.

I not once used the regular coolint unit, Always water tools.

rodders83,
Reactions: arb

daoist

how is the cooling if you use the water adapter on a sherlock or bong?. i have a storz & Bickel SG14 water adapter but I needed SG19. was my own mistake, i ordered it wrong and sending it back will cost me more than the adapter is worth so i just add it to the glass collection until i find a reducer or a sg19 version.

Last edited:

rodders83

how is the cooling if you use the water adapter on a sherlock or bong?. i have a storz & Bickel SG14 water adapter but I needed SG19. was my own mistake, i ordered it wrong.

What is the sg14 and 19? I googled with no luck i use the Easyflow but it can also damage the vape so i prefer the light little hydrotube. They are sort of hot as well but the big bubblers really cool and smooth.

The more you can suck into the larger bongs, The bigger the rips are the Mighty makes me go into sweating and coughing fits everytime and i get super medicated.

rodders83,
Reactions: daoist

daoist

SG14 means 14.4mm glass part connection. SG19 means 18.8mm glass connection. There is also 10mm and 29mm. i don't know why they just cannot call it SG18.8 instead of SG19 because all this stuff is supposed to be super accurate and all that. I managed to connect a herborizer whip on my mighty water tool. I want to try that out later.

I was planning on making a comparison review my 3 vaporizers to compare pro's and cons of each.

jerri

The mighty vape or minivap dont own either looking for great session vape anyone own both

jerri,

rodders83

SG14 means 14.4mm glass part connection. SG19 means 18.8mm glass connection. There is also 10mm and 29mm. i don't know why they just cannot call it SG18.8 instead of SG19 because all this stuff is supposed to be super accurate and all that. I managed to connect a herborizer whip on my mighty water tool. I want to try that out later.

I was planning on making a comparison review my 3 vaporizers to compare pro's and cons of each.

Ah i see

I never used a whip im scared a long path means whispy vapor, You will see it condense on the sides. I only use mine on the highest try it i know you will cough but you get more high at higher temps.

I do not sweat at alk until i hit 210c then im like Jeeeeessssus /wipes sweat off forehead.

rodders83,

daoist

I tried my Mighty to start on 210 celsius. For me that is way too much. Also at that temperature the vape starts oozing out of the mighty through the cooling chamber air-screen and mouthpiece.

I already get really big clouds when i start at 180 celsius (like way bigger clouds than my EQ or herborizer XL on 180 celsius). So if you want to be efficient start at 180 or maybe 185 untill vape deminishes, double click to booster temperature to get more vape.

Are there really people out there that start at 210celsius? That is some extremely serious cloud chasing material.

Green Kiwi

No I don't, unless it's real 'shitty' herb.
I'm the same as you @daoist ,I start on 180, and increase a little bit to extract the last terps,
but, 210 well that's my knock out mode, I don't go there often.very rarely, to be honest.
And I also prefer trough a water tool , with the best adaptor from our fellow forum member, 3 D studios.
others have mentioned this before, and I do believe it's truth(not Tru'''''fake news)that if you need high temps in any S&B device, well, sorry but most likely the herb is not really good quality.
I have bush grown herb in my stash that, starts to produce impressive clouds at only 172C.i finish this most times even bellow 180C........and it's spend after my session.(although the ABV is quite pottent.....)
as a side note on this post I like to ad, to the new Mighty owners, whom are asking questions about how and what to use and maintain the Mighty,....well and I don't mean this offensive , BUT what's wrong with looking at previous posts? I mean there are only 603 pages now, which easily could be condensed in 60 pages.... just saying. I mean , why would WE otherwise post replies, if it's too much of a bother to go back in what is already many ,many times said, and posted?:2c::huh::hmm:.

most of the very valuable tips, are in the previous 603 pages of posts, with the search function it's easy to find..... most valuable tip ever posted in this tread imo, was from @Baron23 ,using the liquid pad, look it up !:goon::leaf:
Sorry if I come a cross as angry, I''m not but I am addicted to being efficient.(what if our or your time is limited...)
I look forward to relevant questions, and above all:The Mighty +.........(where is it???).
OOw and if you where wondering, I'm the proud owner of my 6th mighty in my life, soo possibly.......

Green Kiwi,
  • Love
Reactions: Baron23

Pablopicasso

The mighty vape or minivap dont own either looking for great session vape anyone own both
I have both and for me minivap QGC wins in flavor and potency but mighty wins in easyer to use and size factor.
Both are king in vape department...
If I can help you, what your are seeking in a vape?mighty is more conduction and minivap is more convection in my experience,if I'm home 80% of time minivap but if I'm traveling 80%the mighty with capsules ready to go because it is to easy.
Both are kings in vapor production,but if you use it in a bong minivap at red is amazing ...honestly a convection beast.. you can finish the bowl in 3 inhalations, mighty is more a 6-7 inhalations before cash it out.
Love both and use the 99% of the time...I'm a slow session guy and I like to take my time to enjoy the experience:D
A little of spoiler...I'm testing for Minivap a new black flexicone +
It is to early for me to do it now but tonight I will do some video comparison in vapor production

Last edited:

rodders83

I tried my Mighty to start on 210 celsius. For me that is way too much. Also at that temperature the vape starts oozing out of the mighty through the cooling chamber air-screen and mouthpiece.

I already get really big clouds when i start at 180 celsius (like way bigger clouds than my EQ or herborizer XL on 180 celsius). So if you want to be efficient start at 180 or maybe 185 untill vape deminishes, double click to booster temperature to get more vape.

Are there really people out there that start at 210celsius? That is some extremely serious cloud chasing material.

I guess the only way to explain it is unless i use 210c i am not satisfied. The main thing is when i use 210c i extract more sedating type effects from the herbs and i dont feel myself sweat.

If i dont do this, My high wears off pretty fast i actually was thinking about how i felt my high on my HerboTi dissapear really fast where as at 210c it last a longer time.

And if you were ever a smoker, I cant get readjusted to the thickness or vapor so unless i am at 210c i simpmy dont like it. :D

rodders83,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
BUT what's wrong with looking at previous posts? I mean there are only 603 pages now, which easily could be condensed in 60 pages.... just saying. I mean , why would WE otherwise post replies, if it's too much of a bother to go back in what is already many ,many times said, and posted?:2c::huh::hmm:.
I tend to agree. I think anyone who is getting serious about a particular vape is doing themselves a dis-service if they don't skim a good deal of that vape's thread.
Redundancy is one of the tedious parts to the forum, as much as it is discouraged. I have certainly been guilty of being repetitive and, on reflection, it is usually self-serving in some degree.
The 603 pages, if filtered, may actually be closer to 60 - or less!
AND, what's wrong with using the search feature?

I typed "Mighty" and "Vapcap" into the search box and checked 'Search titles only' and got,

Jerri, don't mean to be coming down on you too hard; this is just another redundant aspect to the threads, ragging on redundancy! :wave:

I guess the only way to explain it is unless i use 210c i am not satisfied. The main thing is when i use 210c i extract more sedating type effects from the herbs and i dont feel myself sweat.
Different strokes for different folks.
I tend to take each strain, vape and session pretty much individually. Sometimes I want to sit in the garden and do almost endless terp hits, enjoying a very heady high (Splinter V1 is great for that...); other times, just hook me up to Mighty with the I/V -- my trusty big bubbler and a whip.

WirtDog

Confused about the boost mode in the latest version? Is the target temperature display supposed to show 420 F? My power button has a lot of physical resistance and I have found it difficult to get into boost mode by hitting the power button twice in quick succession. Nothing seems to work? Would like to be able to get that additional 10 F. Anyone use the boost mode?

Unit is 2.5 years old and has been reliable. I keep it clean and I bought a stand at time of purchase. That stand has saved many a drop!

WirtDog,

fishyjeff

Confused about the boost mode in the latest version? Is the target temperature display supposed to show 420 F? My power button has a lot of physical resistance and I have found it difficult to get into boost mode by hitting the power button twice in quick succession. Nothing seems to work? Would like to be able to get that additional 10 F. Anyone use the boost mode?

Unit is 2.5 years old and has been reliable. I keep it clean and I bought a stand at time of purchase. That stand has saved many a drop!
For boost mode;
While the mighty is powered on, double tap the power button & the device will vibrate as it does when being powered. this is boost mode & one can set a variance of degrees to the boost, ie 15 degrees, 25 degrees ect. This will now follow whatever the standard temp is set to, but will never go above the top temp limit of the device, 410 degrees. ie if the boost is 25 degrees & your standard setting is 375, then a boost will push it to 400. If the standard temp is then dialed up to 385 then the boost will still be 25 more to 410. to note, the boost cannot go higher then what the device is capable of, ie a 25 degree boost will top out at 410, If boosted from a standard temp of 385 or higher. I’m on my third mighty, the last two have boost mode & this has been my experience

fishyjeff,

Baron23

No I don't, unless it's real 'shitty' herb.
I'm the same as you @daoist ,I start on 180, and increase a little bit to extract the last terps,
but, 210 well that's my knock out mode, I don't go there often.very rarely, to be honest.
And I also prefer trough a water tool , with the best adaptor from our fellow forum member, 3 D studios.
others have mentioned this before, and I do believe it's truth(not Tru'''''fake news)that if you need high temps in any S&B device, well, sorry but most likely the herb is not really good quality.
I have bush grown herb in my stash that, starts to produce impressive clouds at only 172C.i finish this most times even bellow 180C........and it's spend after my session.(although the ABV is quite pottent.....)
as a side note on this post I like to ad, to the new Mighty owners, whom are asking questions about how and what to use and maintain the Mighty,....well and I don't mean this offensive , BUT what's wrong with looking at previous posts? I mean there are only 603 pages now, which easily could be condensed in 60 pages.... just saying. I mean , why would WE otherwise post replies, if it's too much of a bother to go back in what is already many ,many times said, and posted?:2c::huh::hmm:.

most of the very valuable tips, are in the previous 603 pages of posts, with the search function it's easy to find..... most valuable tip ever posted in this tread imo, was from @Baron23 ,using the liquid pad, look it up !:goon::leaf:
Sorry if I come a cross as angry, I''m not but I am addicted to being efficient.(what if our or your time is limited...)
I look forward to relevant questions, and above all:The Mighty +.........(where is it???).
OOw and if you where wondering, I'm the proud owner of my 6th mighty in my life, soo possibly.......
I agree that the Delta 3D Studios soft WPA is the best that I have found and I tried a few other types including the hard plastic with glass ones that make folks a bit fearful of breaking the locking tabs on their Mighty. The Delta 3D one is aces.

And I'm glad the tip about topping a load with a liquid pad is working for you. I got it from a guy who used to be on VLF by the handle of Flipz. I still do it and believe firmly it ups the degree of extraction as reflected in the consistent AVB color.

For boost mode;
While the mighty is powered on, double tap the power button & the device will vibrate as it does when being powered. this is boost mode & one can set a variance of degrees to the boost, ie 15 degrees, 25 degrees ect. This will now follow whatever the standard temp is set to, but will never go above the top temp limit of the device, 410 degrees. ie if the boost is 25 degrees & your standard setting is 375, then a boost will push it to 400. If the standard temp is then dialed up to 385 then the boost will still be 25 more to 410. to note, the boost cannot go higher then what the device is capable of, ie a 25 degree boost will top out at 410, If boosted from a standard temp of 385 or higher. I’m on my third mighty, the last two have boost mode & this has been my experience
If I remember correctly, for setting boost temp:

1. of course turn on
2. double click power button to get into boost mode
3. while in boost mode, use up/down buttons to set boost temp which has to be above the base temp set and less than or equal to the devices max temp

I believe that we set in the boost mode is an actual temp and not a delta +/- from base temp....no???

Cheers

Last edited:
Top Bottom