The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

grogazola

I have the small and extra small cvaults. When I pull out a bud it’s pretty perfect for the volcano. I only bust what I’ll vape.

What I may experiment with tomorrow is grinding up more, letting some dry, and popping it in the mighty.

I’ll be honest though, if I don’t keep it in a humidor it gets bone dry where it’s not even enjoyable.

My product always has different moisture levels, but in those pics cascadia blooms sour space candy cbd, super moist. Just leave out on a paper towel for 10 mins or so and your good to go. What shredder you using? I use simple ball jars. I would like to upgrade my jars and I need invest in humidity pack and oxygen packs.

@david8613 - I have infinity jars, cvaults, and I use the little bernardin ones as a dish and abv containers. if you get cvaults don’t forget they can store a lot more than they look like they can.

I like integra packs - I find boveda dries out quickly. I’ve been experimenting with 55RH and 62RH...

Last edited by a moderator:
grogazola,
Reactions: BigJr48

david8613

I can chime in here, I have been trying out more of my vapes lately since the hybrid problems arose. Flavor kings for me was the firefly 2 but I retired that one. The ghost mv1 hangs with firefly for flavor easily and is a harder hitter imo, both are full convection. The splinter series are also great for flavor, mostly glass, wood metal. Grasshopper and dynavap are good too flavor wise, no plastics in these.

The mighty is no slouch either when it comes to flavor, even though there is more plastics than others, dont know how S&B does it.

ohmygodimsohigh

I have the small and extra small cvaults. When I pull out a bud it’s pretty perfect for the volcano. I only bust what I’ll vape.

What I may experiment with tomorrow is grinding up more, letting some dry, and popping it in the mighty.

I’ll be honest though, if I don’t keep it in a humidor it gets bone dry where it’s not even enjoyable.

@david8613 - I have infinity jars, cvaults, and I use the little bernardin ones as a dish and abv containers. if you get cvaults don’t forget they can store a lot more than they look like they can.

I like integra packs - I find boveda dries out quickly. I’ve been experimenting with 55RH and 62RH...

From the looks of your abv pic, something is wrong with your Mighty or its CU...
I use moist nugs all the time, they vape great.
Your abv should be darker and it should be hitting harder than your fierce

habitat-fc

If you want a more complete extraction with the Mighty put the liquid pad on top of the load and you will find the ABV gets much darker and there will be more "body" in the effects. It helps increase the conduction element, which helps give a more complete extraction.

The Mighty is never the best for "body" high though from my experience, the only portable that gives me a lot of body effects is the Splinter Z, I find most portables to be "heady".

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Just curious which Vapes you feel produce better tasting vapor than the mighty/crafty?

Many have a nice initial green taste but quickly turn to a burnt/roasted flavor.
I have 2 convection portables that imo give somewhat better flavor than Mighty (Grasshopper and RBT Splinter). These seem to require a little more attention/diligence, especially in later stages of a bowl, because yes, they can roast your bud too much if you let 'em.
It may be that as convection vapes they can spend a given amount faster than other vapes, and so, they can get to an over-cooked flavor sooner, and this may account for the impression of, "quickly turn to a burnt/roasted flavor." ??
But it's also true that a lot of vapes do go to worse flavor pretty quickly!

Deano

I have 2 convection portables that imo give somewhat better flavor than Mighty (Grasshopper and RBT Splinter). These seem to require a little more attention/diligence, especially in later stages of a bowl, because yes, they can roast your bud too much if you let 'em.
It may be that as convection vapes they can spend a given amount faster than other vapes, and so, they can get to an over-cooked flavor sooner, and this may account for the impression of, "quickly turn to a burnt/roasted flavor." ??
But it's also true that a lot of vapes do go to worse flavor pretty quickly!
I had a Crafty not long ago that sold only because I was looking for something with quicker heat up times.

I currently own a Splinter V2 and just purchased a FireFly 2+. I also had a Ghost MV1 in my possession for a week to test as well.

The FF imo is the most over rated vaporizer I've tried. Being on demand is the best thing it has going for it. The battery sucks even on the "new and improved model" and the flavor/cloud production doesn't come close to the Crafty. It seems to be finicky with how firm the material is packed and frequent stirring moreso than the others.

My Splinter is a beast. Instant gratification with no waiting to heat up, it produces big clouds, and the vapor is tasty initially but fades quickly. I find stirring after a few hits is a requirement for continued vapor production as well.

No vaporizer maintains that green taste throughout the entire bowl but imo the Crafty taste better through completion than any I've mentioned. I never achieved a roasted/burnt taste as I did with the others and the abv would be even throughout with no major hot spots.

I said all that to say S&B has set the bar high and I'm eager to see what the Mighty+ brings to the table if and when it's released. The Crafty was my first "big boy" vaporizer and so far everything else has paled in comparison in terms of vapor quality alone.

grogazola

From the looks of your abv pic, something is wrong with your Mighty or its CU...
I use moist nugs all the time, they vape great.
Your abv should be darker and it should be hitting harder than your fierce

I appreciate you!

I just cleaned out my CU - despite being new it would open in a weird way, like only one side would come out and then the other side needed to be teased out. So sad rn.

How many of you start at high temps?

Last edited:

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
I appreciate you!

I just cleaned out my CU. So sad rn.

I believe a couple of folks are suggesting there may be something wrong with your Mighty. I agree. Honestly, this vaporizer is a no-brainer. If you are not getting good results it could be your unit is not heating up properly.

For what it's worth, the answers given to your questions will be of no use until you check with S&B to see if your unit is faulty.

To answer your question, I only run at maximum temperature (210C) from start to finish. Always have. Always get great results and lots of vapor.

joner

I appreciate you!

I just cleaned out my CU - despite being new it would open in a weird way, like only one side would come out and then the other side needed to be teased out. So sad rn.

I start at 180 c and work up to 210 c. I usually pack around 0.12-0.15 and put a liquid pad on top or I jam it tightly full and have a bulbous CU screen. Usually around 0.25-0.3g. I grind quite fine with the s&b grinder and always use the filling tool to pack it even and tight. I like to maximize conduction with my mighty. Lots of thick vapor production, either way ime.

grogazola

Alright. I’m taking time out of my day to go sample some Mighties at a local shop.

We will see if my mighty is heating up properly. The medicated feeling is mild. Very gentle. If anything my model should be called the “S&B Smoothy”

edit - similar results. similar effects. similar frustration. it must be my technique at this point. all things considered the S&B “smoothy” is a decent vape...

edit - it works! it works! with the concentrate pad...

how can I mimic the effects of the concentrate pad without using it? can I nipple the screen somehow?

successful abv - https://imgur.com/a/jz9DxUp

Last edited:

grogazola

It works really well with a concentrate pad!! How can I maximize conduction in my chamber without the pad? I really want to wring out all of my flowers with my mighty :)

Both times it was amazing, I had to toss on the concentrate pad. It was amazing though. When I went to dump out the abv it was stuck to the walls. The concentrate pad acted like a temper.

Interesting to note, when I went to brush out the abv, it felt stuck. I needed to pick it out. It felt aggressively tamped by the concentrate pad.

I’m wondering how many of you aggressively tamp so that all the air in the bowl passes through flower?

I gave my unit a good clean and she’s resting now. After I cleaned the chamber, I tried nippling my screen so the flower would press up to it better - could this work? Is the fine screen better for that sweet sweet conduction?

Much happier with my purchase then I was this morning...

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
It works really well with a concentrate pad!! How can I maximize conduction in my chamber without the pad? I really want to wring out all of my flowers with my mighty :)

Both times it was amazing, I had to toss on the concentrate pad. It was amazing though. When I went to dump out the abv it was stuck to the walls. The concentrate pad acted like a temper.

Interesting to note, when I went to brush out the abv, it felt stuck. I needed to pick it out. It felt aggressively tamped by the concentrate pad.

I’m wondering how many of you aggressively tamp so that all the air in the bowl passes through flower?

I gave my unit a good clean and she’s resting now. After I cleaned the chamber, I tried nippling my screen so the flower would press up to it better - could this work? Is the fine screen better for that sweet sweet conduction?

Much happier with my purchase then I was this morning...
Some folks use a screen atop the load, mostly if doing less than full bowl. Use a Mighty screen or standard pipe screen, make a cut with scissor from edge to center and the screen can then be fitted snug in the chamber.
But this shouldn't be necessary with a full bowl.
I'm recalling in my original Mighty manual the recommendation is to not let material be loose/ move around in the chamber. I usually pack pretty tight, medium grind.
But it seems like you'll have yours dialed in pretty well soon enough on your own...

grogazola

Some folks use a screen atop the load, mostly if doing less than full bowl. Use a Mighty screen or standard pipe screen, make a cut with scissor from edge to center and the screen can then be fitted snug in the chamber.
But this shouldn't be necessary with a full bowl.
I'm recalling in my original Mighty manual the recommendation is to not let material be loose/ move around in the chamber. I usually pack pretty tight, medium grind.
But it seems like you'll have yours dialed in pretty well soon enough on your own...
I thank you kindly @vapviking

progress? 395f - aggressively tamped down .2...tried purging at 210c not much there...abv is a little light compared to my concentrate pad session

no concentrate pad https://imgur.com/a/VSWkXDb

concentrate pad
https://imgur.com/a/xBYnydY

https://imgur.com/a/xBYnydY
I believe I harmed my last portable by jamming too much flower in, stifling airflow, and not cleaning it enough.

I wasn’t packing enough as the concentrate pad literally gave me what I was looking for. I have since domed my screen but I haven’t tried it as I gave the chamber a cleaning.

To the main point, I’m guessing what those of you get gnarly sessions is...
*liberally sprinkle flower, even up to the ceramic ring??
*tamp all the flower on the ceramic ring so that the flower is in there tight!??

Last edited:
grogazola,

darbarikanada

To the main point, I’m guessing what those of you get gnarly sessions is...
*liberally sprinkle flower, even up to the ceramic ring??
*tamp all the flower on the ceramic ring so that the flower is in there tight!??

it's good that you're getting better results, but you shouldn't need to use the pad to get fully spent ABV if you have a full load (e.g. .15g), shouldn't end up with material stuck to the bowl, shouldn't have to tamp more than lightly (I never tamp aggressively and you never see mighty users - on this thread anyways - saying it's necessary).

all three of those would be consistent with wetter weed - it sounds like you're needing added conduction and higher temps to get good results. those aren't normally issues with the mighty. I'd say it could be a problem unit, but the liquid pad ABV pic, plus your not being able to get anything at 210ºC, suggest that the weed was spent.

anyways, that's my best guess, based on what you're describing. easy enough to test: try using drier weed and see if you can get fully vaped ABV without using the pad.

darbarikanada,
Reactions: grogazola

grogazola

you shouldn't need to use the pad to get fully spent ABV if you have a full load (e.g. .15g), shouldn't end up with material stuck to the bowl, shouldn't have to tamp more than lightly (I never tamp aggressively and you never see mighty users - on this thread anyways - saying it's necessary).

all three of those would be consistent with wetter weed - it sounds like you're needing added conduction and higher temps to get good results.

I really appreciate you @darbarikanada

I will try a drier bowl soon. I had great results earlier. I saw some people over on Reddit day the avb looks alright. I’d love to get a roast on. I’ll try drier weed.

Is it normal that only half my cooling unit is getting sticky?

https://imgur.com/a/8lbo4GR

grogazola,

darbarikanada

no problem. good to hear you're getting great results now.

I don't know if the one-sided gunkiness of the CU is a problem, but it seems to have more leafy stuff than should be getting past the screen. if you're getting plant bits in the vapor your screen isn't functioning properly, might not be seated right.

darbarikanada,

grogazola

no problem. good to hear you're getting great results now.

I don't know if the one-sided gunkiness of the CU is a problem, but it seems to have more leafy stuff than should be getting past the screen. if you're getting plant bits in the vapor your screen isn't functioning properly, might not be seated right.

no I don’t think it is...i read in the manual you have to curve it. I suck with screens.

I tried my best but it’s so difficult. could that explain my issues??

Last edited:
grogazola,

darbarikanada

I tried my best but it’s so difficult. could that explain my issues??

yes - you don't want the weed moving around; if it's flying up into the CU, you're probably compromising the heating (conduction and convection). it shouldn't be hard to get the CU screen properly seated. if the one that's in there is damaged, just use one of the spares that came with the unit, or, if the one in there is just bent, you can take it out, give it a light tap with a hammer on a flat surface to flatten it out.

grogazola

yes - you don't want the weed moving around; if it's flying up into the CU, you're probably compromising the heating (conduction and convection). it shouldn't be hard to get the CU screen properly seated. if the one that's in there is damaged, just use one of the spares that came with the unit, or, if the one in there is just bent, you can take it out, give it a light tap with a hammer on a flat surface to flatten it out.

haha that’s the last screen!! I have some greasy fat fingers tbh. I really suck with screens...

may have to pick up new ones - I tried doming/nippling/convexing the screen instead of concaving it

I really suck with portables but @darbarikanada you are a champion - you’ve made me feel better about the purchase. do you recommend fine screens?

I got a couple of amazing sessions today - even a body buzz. was really nice unlike anything I’ve tried!

grogazola,

darbarikanada

may have to pick up new ones - I tried doming/nippling/convexing the screen instead of concaving it

if you were playing around with the CU screen, it could've gotten damaged, which could explain the leafy material in the CU, not to mention the less-than-desirable results. that weed in your CU looks green, so it never got vaporized, i.e. was wasted (and not in the good way...).

do you recommend fine screens?

S&B recommends coarse for the CU, but some people use fine so they'll get less particulate matter in the CU - and the reclaim. I think either's fine, not nearly as important as having it properly seated. the concern would be that using the fine instead of coarse would result in decreased air flow, but I suspect that would only come up with heavy use and less frequent cleaning, i.e. if you're a heavy user and don't clean regularly, coarse would be better.

Last edited:
darbarikanada,

blackstone

I found I wasn't extremely blown away the first few uses on a Mighty, maybe I just didn't put enough in the bowl! But for years after I became more and more impressed with all it's good points as time goes on.
Maybe it seasons a little or you learn how to draw on it better too.
I was thinking that was your issue @grogazola when you used the word puffs, so try long strong draws!?
It does love the pollen and kief in the mix too!

I've found a slight detergent (parts wash?) type odor from my last two or three s&b vapes and I mentioned it to them in a message more than once.
It's very specific and reminds me of a certain time and place in my past!
It goes away quickly enough mostly.

I always thought the Crafty had potential for clearer taste with less surface area to the cooling unit, and I'm seriously enjoying the Crafty+ vapor now. The taste from it, esp. after you clean the CU, is amazing IMO and the effects are great. Great bite from the altered heater placement and power? Maybe the airflow helps.
If I'm not imagining all this then I hope they make the next Mighty even better again in this way too.
Because it's already seriously good!

I love capsules for keeping the bowl clean,
Using smaller amounts,
And being able to vape hassle free sometimes.
I sometimes pre pack 2 before bed and if I dont need the second one it's good when I wake!
I loaded, vaped, and emptied a bowl (cap) the other night in bed, in the dark with eyes closed. That works really good for me.

I don't have the filling set using only one or two caps at a time, I fill with folded card and loosen abv to empty with pinky fingernail or the pick tool.
I use a little pad on top inside the cap but I make 3 or 4 of these from 1 of the stock capsule pads so they're smaller and not as dense.
Every now and again I torch glow the pads to keep clean, the flavor and lack of restriction is nice for me this way.
I have to thank a Crafty user here called @Little Bill for advising to clean your pads, took me years to come around to it!

I posted before about this collab between a provider and s&b where they created a "smokable" pellet form which I think was intended to put into the capsules or the bowls.
That would be nice, or if we could buy a DIY press for that!
xvseuPPP1__Blister_packs.jpg

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAOegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw38vA71RZfHN9KvDhoTaWQ-

grogazola

Amazing info @blackstone! I’m just frustrated with S&B haha - I haven’t used my plenty in weeks and I was hoping the mighty would be close to a replacement for the plenty! The “plastic” or “detergent” taste is gone and I’m loving the mighty flavour!

I discovered that some people use the liquid pad instead of a CU screen. My greasy mitts really struggle with those screens. I messed up all three screens that came with my mighty! :doh: Also should add some of that sweet sweet conduction.

Just gave it another deep clean. I definitely didn’t have the screen in right and I’m excited to use the liquid pad tomorrow.

Quick question for you wise people, how do I clean the orings? Hot water and soap?

edit - I’m hesitant to use the dosing capsules, I think I read here a user had “aluminum dust” on the capsule. Sounds silly but it scared me! :hmm:

Last edited:

blackstone

All the screens that come with the Crafty+ are pre-dished now, nice touch.
Capsules might replicate some of the liquid pad effect (now with added radiation!), and capsules with little pads inside will even more so!
I clean the o-rings (and the cu) with a iso wipe.
The bowl edge is not ceramic, it's a continuation of the outer heater shroud below which is tan/natural PEEK it seems.

Have fun with your new clouds for the 2020 launch off!

blackstone,
Top Bottom