The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

grogazola

@LesPlenty - thanks for mentioning that tera took the Teflon out. I’m pretty new to this stuff and shouldn’t have spewed off lol

I’m super underwhelmed with my mighty. First couple of bowls, SCS coarse grind and sifter box to avoid little bits of pollen in the Mighty’s books and crannies. Didn’t really find any of the puffs to be anything you could get off a nice desktop. Ugh. Maybe I shouldn’t have sold my HR fierce for a mighty?

Mightys sooo smooth and tastes okay but I don’t get the medicating effects I thought I would off of a bowl.

On another note, I’m worried about my plenty. It’s roughly six weeks old. For the lack of a better term, it looks like metal is really moving around on the edges.

I have the mighty, plenty, and classic and I was really hoping the mighty could soften the blow of my apprehension of the plenty. I really want to get rid of the plenty as I don’t want to take any chances. But it’s literally the most medicating!!! What do u think @LesPlenty???

https://imgur.com/a/9A9ecJv

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I agree on the Mighty, @grogazola it tastes OK on low temps for me but I need the higher temps for pain relief and will keep it for mobile daytime use on low temps but will still use my Plenty for the great tasting higher temp high that only the Plenty gives me for just before bed...zonked, proper body stone instead of a head spin from the Mighty.:2c:

stressed

A good use for the caps, not in the airpath here and keeps the Mighty ticking over,

img_20191218_173050-jpg.15270

True, but unlike S&B, Boundless listen to their customers and took the shockies(Teflon) out of the vape, they also went with a S/S heater due to customers requesting it not be aluminium like so many others, S&B included.
I still like my Mighty and love my Plenty, I just wish S&B would listen to people's concerns(warranted or not) and use more expensive materials that would better reflect their prices.

nice. i'll give It a whirl. :beer:

got my new mighty yesterday. so nice and clean. 90% charged from the box. I noticed that it takes much less inhalation to get the numbers down 5 or more. my old unit took a lot more puffing.

I prefer vaping at lower temps 335f to 350f to start the mornings off. I cough too easily these days, even through water.

sometimes just before its about to shut off, i'll get a couple buzzes to warn me. most of the time, I leave the unit on for 15 to 20 mins per session, it just shuts down without the buzzing. that isn't normal is it?

Last edited:

grogazola

I am beyond underwhelmed with my mighty. I am surprised it’s considered the best portable.

I must be doing sonething wrong. I have had two bowls and I’m just hungry and frustrated. Zero body effects. Zero medication.

Tried a full bowl. Tried a small bowl. Tried max temp. This thing is boring.

I bought the mighty because I absolutely adore the SB signature feeling and taste.

My sold :( HR fierce tasted better than this...

Not sure if I could sell my plenty now as I’m usually gravitate towards high temps.

El-Panson

I am beyond underwhelmed with my mighty. I am surprised it’s considered the best portable.

I must be doing sonething wrong. I have had two bowls and I’m just hungry and frustrated. Zero body effects. Zero medication.

I bought the mighty because I absolutely adore the SB signature feeling and taste.

Not sure if I could sell my plenty now as I’m usually gravitate towards high temps.
Man I hate to hear that. The Mighty is always my go to vape just because it works so well.

WakeVape&Bake

at this point i am in general surprised that S & Bs devices are held in such high regard

but yeah. Mighty was "alright" but i never felt that all the raving about it is justified

grogazola

i didn´t have that many portables, i am more of a desktop vaper.

Me too...

nathin’ compares to a desktop.

mighty has a nice gentle medicating effect. the medicating feeling is completely in the head. mighty provides zero pain relief in the body.

really makes me sad that I want to sell my plenty. I don’t know what to do. As someone who quit nicotine about five weeks ago I may need to hold on to my plenty.

grogazola

Why do people say things like - “I get ten minutes off of a dosing capsule” or “The mighty is basically a portable plenty”

This is sooooo annoying!!!

grogazola,
Reactions: LesPlenty

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Why do people say things like - “I get ten minutes off of a dosing capsule” or “The mighty is basically a portable plenty”

This is sooooo annoying!!!
Because for some of us, that’s the case. I get thicker vapor from the Mighty than the Plenty. I get dozens of hits from a fully packed capsule. I get thick, tasty flavor from much of the temp spectrum of the Mighty.

I’m on my third Mighty. I’m one cheap motherfucker and I would never have purchased two, let alone three of them if they didn’t perform for me. I literally prefer the Mighty to every other portable and desktop I’ve owned. Nothing gives me more consistent or better results.

I’m not sure if there’s an issue with your unit, or if you’re doing something wrong (hard to imagine) or if you had expectations that are incongruous with the Mighty’s results. But trust me....none of us who rave about the Mighty are trying to annoy or mislead you. We honestly love the thing and are just trying to share our experiences.

Give it another try. Use a capsule and pack it very densely. Crank the temp up to 200c or higher. See if that doesn’t get you great vapor. :2c:

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Because for some of us, that’s the case. I get thicker vapor from the Mighty than the Plenty. I get dozens of hits from a fully packed capsule. I get thick, tasty flavor from much of the temp spectrum of the Mighty.

I’m on my third Mighty. I’m one cheap motherfucker and I would never have purchased two, let alone three of them if they didn’t perform for me. I literally prefer the Mighty to every other portable and desktop I’ve owned. Nothing gives me more consistent or better results.

I’m not sure if there’s an issue with your unit, or if you’re doing something wrong (hard to imagine) or if you had expectations that are incongruous with the Mighty’s results. But trust me....none of us who rave about the Mighty are trying to annoy or mislead you. We honestly love the thing and are just trying to share our experiences.

Give it another try. Use a capsule and pack it very densely. Crank the temp up to 200c or higher. See if that doesn’t get you great vapor. :2c:
+1

grogazola

Thanks for your input. I can see that the mighty vapor is “thicker” than the Plenty. The Plenty has a bluish hazy “Smokey” vapor that really provides some really soothing effects, after the inevitable coughing fit. I can only really use it through water anyways. The plenty absolutely melts my body tension away after a session.

The plenty and volcano have lip smacking flavour. The mighty with its plastic airpath is at a severe disadvantage. To me, the Mighty’s cooling unit tastes is akin to sucking vapour out of a plastic straw. I can definitely get some delicious puffs but when the session starts to end the flavour is gross compared to the other vapes I’ve owned. Maybe it’s me, but there’s 100% a plastic taste in there. As of right now, the unit is new and as long as there’s that plastic new vape taste in there it can’t be considered close to good. It’s okay, not even bad, as of now. Honestly, the plenty tastes sooo good that at the end of a session I might just toss in some hippie dust and puff away at the delicious robust toasty flavour. Almost like a really fresh very dark espresso.

I believe the mighty is probably the smooooooothest vape I’ve ever tried - the effects are decidedly in the head and give me little body tension relief. All I have on me are indicas. I’ve been running this thing around 200-210 Celsius. I tried a session at 165 to 175 to 185 to 195. It’s alright. I know my HR Fierce was really tasty after I aired it out. It was pretty harsh though. I really didn’t like that.

The main benefits of the vape in my opinion are simple. It’s got a nice medicating signature, a nice head buzz paired with a reduction in anxiety. I like how little it takes too.

The mighty is great to get you to a nice social medicated place in public. I’ll see how often I pull it out at home. I will try another mighty to make sure mines not at fault tho I don’t think it is though.

Last edited:
grogazola,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Baron23

I believe you are the first person I have read of not getting good results wax Mighty right from the start.

Usual tech tip is to just inhale.

As for me, coarse grind is the opposite of what I use. I run fine thru it.

Also, if I want to increase conduction a bit, I’ll top a load w a liquid pad.

I run 385 until it’s weak then bump to max for finish.

Thick vapor all the way.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
The plenty and volcano have lip smacking flavour. The mighty with its plastic airpath is at a severe disadvantage. To me, the Mighty’s cooling unit tastes is akin to sucking vapour out of a plastic straw. I can definitely get some delicious puffs but when the session starts to end the flavour is gross compared to the other vapes I’ve owned. Maybe it’s me, but there’s 100% a plastic taste in there. As of right now, the unit is new and as long as there’s that plastic new vape taste in there it can’t be considered close to good. It’s okay, not even bad, as of now. Honestly, the plenty tastes sooo good that at the end of a session I might just toss in some hippie dust and puff away at the delicious robust toasty flavour. Almost like a really fresh very dark espresso.
Interesting. I get zero plastic taste from any of my Mightys. In fact only the various Firefly models have better flavor IMO. Even glass-based desktops don’t have better flavor than the Mighty in my experience. I’m also a super-taster so my taste buds are kinda weird, so maybe it’s just me....:lol:

grogazola

The plenty...yyyyyeeeessss!

The volcano...you’re right i did overestimate it but I think it’s got great flavour

grogazola,

ohmygodimsohigh

Ok I need to revisit the capsules with dense packing.

How many of you capsule users are using a filling tray?
Do you have any tips for UNLOADING them?

My capsule turn-offs were PITA to load and even bigger PITA to unload.
I liked carrying them and didn't mind vaping them, but always preferred the performance of a bowl full of bud.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Ok I need to revisit the capsules with dense packing.

How many of you capsule users are using a filling tray?

My capsule turn-offs were PITA to load and even bigger PITA to unload.
I liked carrying them and didn't mind vaping them, but always preferred the performance of a bowl full of bud.

ABV always seems to unload the easiest while it's still warm, the capsule is cool enough to handle in 10-15 seconds after dumping from the Mighty - like the vapcap, putting it on something metal will suck the heat out quicker.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
If like me you don't want to be unloading the ABV from the cap in public all I can say is get ready for some broken fingernails and get the caps in the 400 pack and not worry too much about them(S&B say they are disposable). Your debowler will help once the lid is off and the S&B brush can help straighten any deformed ones that will happen.

Top Bottom