The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

fishyjeff

I agree that the Delta 3D Studios soft WPA is the best that I have found and I tried a few other types including the hard plastic with glass ones that make folks a bit fearful of breaking the locking tabs on their Mighty. The Delta 3D one is aces.

And I'm glad the tip about topping a load with a liquid pad is working for you. I got it from a guy who used to be on VLF by the handle of Flipz. I still do it and believe firmly it ups the degree of extraction as reflected in the consistent AVB color.

If I remember correctly, for setting boost temp:

1. of course turn on
2. double click power button to get into boost mode
3. while in boost mode, use up/down buttons to set boost temp which has to be above the base temp set and less than or equal to the devices max temp

I believe that we set in the boost mode is an actual temp and not a delta +/- from base temp....no???

Cheers
Hey @Baron23, I use the boost all the time, it’s a set amount of degrees in relation to the standard setting. I’m quite sure of this from experience. Using the device daily is how I learned that this is truly how it works, as I haven’t found the devices documentation to give the best explanation.
cheers!

Last edited:
fishyjeff,
Reactions: Baron23

Baron23

Hey @Baron23, I use the boost all the time, it’s a set amount of degrees in relation to the standard setting. I’m quite sure of this from experience. Using the device daily is how I learned that this is truly how it works, as I haven’t found the devices documentation to give the best explanation.
cheers!
Thanks. I will check my unit tonight. Maybe they changed something???

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
Boost raises the temp 15C (27F) per the instruction manual downloads on the S&B website.

And I can verify that mine works this way, although I just run mine at max temp all the time.

Moses Baca,
Reactions: arb

Momor

+15°C is what boost mode does out of the box but it can be changed to whatever you want. I set my "normal" temp at 188°C and my boost to max temp (+22°C) and before that it was from 180°C to max ;)

Vape_Or_Die420

The Mighty is officially sold out on the S&B website. I smell a Mighty+ just before Black Friday. Who knows, maybe never?

Side note: S&B website is not offering replacement parts for any vape at the moment. My guess is they are more interested in selling big dollar items (vapes) since they are having a hard time keeping up with shipping anything at the moment. Also, they posted that all vapes are low stock and will be delayed. It's crazy how badly Covid (arguably Canopy as well) demolished such a gigantic company. I do not want to bash them (im a huge fan) but i wonder if a bankruptcy or something is afoot. I have yet to experience another large vape company so fucked right now.

Last edited:

Djsleepy

IMO all vape companies that deal with China are having major difficulties getting stuff here ( customs is a big problem) have heard some companies are upping the price to produce due to covid close down or the manufacturer has switched to PPE to sell worldwide , think about all the hand sanitizer needed at all businesses and schools, need for masks, gloves,etc. I ordered a Denmark made grinder and it took them several months to restock and ship. You can see the shortages by going to any online vape store in most vapes. Now I will agree this long of closures due to covid has irreparably damaged the supply chain for everything. I hope a closing and do not think one is coming but could another few months before things are right.

rodders83

They best avoid a second lockdown then and wash them hands. Its the same with other vapes now is.a bad time to buy one but at the same time i bet now is when they need the cashflow most. When i orderd a vape in march, I paid upfront and didnt sent an email for a month about it.

It is just good to see the wheels turning again at all, Compared to if it all stopped for good.

CyanKraken

Hey y’all!
I’ve had my mighty for a bit and love it.
What’s the craziest setup y’all have tried and succeeded with, with the device?

CyanKraken,

Bulbitron

Hello, I changed the batteries thanks to the tutorial here, I did not dare to remove the heat chamber since the anchor to the plate looks like a pressure switch but I was afraid to break it, I suppose that when pressing the tabs the conduits are released no ?, there is a tutorial on changing the lcd screen?, thanks.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hello, I changed the batteries thanks to the tutorial here, I did not dare to remove the heat chamber since the anchor to the plate looks like a pressure switch but I was afraid to break it, I suppose that when pressing the tabs the conduits are released no ?, there is a tutorial on changing the lcd screen?, thanks.
Yes, the 'plug' stays attached to the board and the two wires came out easily with a push on each tab.
Here's some pix & stuff from when I did it.

If you got successfully through battery replacement, then screen remove/replace is only one or two steps beyond... I believe it plugs onto the board and you can access by unscrewing the 4 screws at the corners of the board (see pics).

simplywonderful

Hi I gave up on removing the plastic shield to expose the heating element, You just need to press those tabs with screw drivers gently so they fell back and no longer hold the casing. The biggest thing for me was to slide the plastic part off it, so I needed to use something sharp to insert it in the tiny gap just above those pull tabs. once you get it moving it slides and there you have the rod. Mine was covered with film of resin, both the plastic and the rod, probably from concentrate. It really made me question the device when I saw that the rod basically have a plastic chamber. I know its peek, but I hope we are not inhaling some bpa or other worser equivalent of it.

simplywonderful,
Reactions: Moses Baca

Bulbitron

hello thank you very much for the prompt responses, the batteries now last longer hahaha, but my mighty already had the PF batterys, the next time I open it I would like to try to clean the camera thoroughly, I am a bit scared by the O-ring issue you are talking about in the tutorial, my lcd screen at the moment it is going well but it is already years old and in the center it seems that a stain is coming out, I think the problem will be to get the exact replacement ..

Bulbitron,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
So...I'm thinking of getting the mighty for my birthday, last year I went with the Ghost and I kinda regret it, mighty seems to be the vaporizer I can use besides the cloud that can provide me a great high.

I would love to get some answers please, mainly about the necessity of extra parts
1. I was thinking of getting the wear and tear set along with either 1 or 3 extra cooling units. I don't like cleaning too often if its an hassle, it is necessary to get many cooling units? I'm not going to use pads much and I'm not sure if extra mouthpiece is a big deal, so maybe I can skip on the kit and just get many cooling units?
2. Delta 3D's WPA - is there a reason to get more than one per size?( There's no actual glass right? so it can't break)
3. Filling chamber - what's the max amount of you can load? and the minimum? is the vapor as efficient in both full and "half" load?

Thanks

shopdognyc

The wear and tear may be completely sold out, but I believe the cooling units are available. The benefit is to you have a spare while you are doing an ISO soak of your other.

The general advice seems is to stay away from the WPA's and use a whip. The concern is the plastic connector parts may or may not break.

I use dosing capsules and don't use specifics in how I pack. I don't try to pack too tight and keep a handful available.

m0sh

The wear and tear may be completely sold out, but I believe the cooling units are available. The benefit is to you have a spare while you are doing an ISO soak of your other.

The general advice seems is to stay away from the WPA's and use a whip. The concern is the plastic connector parts may or may not break.

I use dosing capsules and don't use specifics in how I pack. I don't try to pack too tight and keep a handful available.

Thanks man, but thinking about it, the cooling unit comes with a mouthpiece right? I guess it would make so sense to get the kit if I'm only interested with a cooling unit and mouthpiece right?

About WPA not recommended, that's a first I heard, the delta's is made out of silicone, not plastic...

shopdognyc

I mean lot of people successfully used, but the concern is the plastic piece that holds the cooling unit or WPA may or may not break/crack. Also the Mighty has some weight to it. I would be worried if it goes in on an angle that may put unnecessary stress on either the glass or the plastic part.

You get the cooling unit with the mouthpiece yes. The kit would have extra mouth piece, rings, screens etc. I haven't had the need to replace anything yet. After a week, take apart the cooling unit and can clean accordingly. You remove the silicone rings/spacers and everything else into a ISO soak.

Screens and the silicone rings you can find elsewhere on Amazon, etc. I have some links if you care for them.

SquirrelMaster

So...I'm thinking of getting the mighty for my birthday, last year I went with the Ghost and I kinda regret it, mighty seems to be the vaporizer I can use besides the cloud that can provide me a great high.

I would love to get some answers please, mainly about the necessity of extra parts
1. I was thinking of getting the wear and tear set along with either 1 or 3 extra cooling units. I don't like cleaning too often if its an hassle, it is necessary to get many cooling units? I'm not going to use pads much and I'm not sure if extra mouthpiece is a big deal, so maybe I can skip on the kit and just get many cooling units?
2. Delta 3D's WPA - is there a reason to get more than one per size?( There's no actual glass right? so it can't break)
3. Filling chamber - what's the max amount of you can load? and the minimum? is the vapor as efficient in both full and "half" load?

Thanks

If you clean your cooling unit immediately after using the Mighty the build up is nice and soft and cleans out easily in under 5 minutes. With that said, I would grab at least one spare if it'll be your main device to allow you to soak one and use the other. A single cooling unit is pretty cheap. I'd advise a pack of brushes, they're my go to solution for cleaning any of my devices.

Although I've yet to try the Delta 3d WPA it's the only one I would use with its "softer" construction. I'm not aware of one ever breaking a Mighty but the other designs definitely have.

m0sh

I mean lot of people successfully used, but the concern is the plastic piece that holds the cooling unit or WPA may or may not break/crack. Also the Mighty has some weight to it. I would be worried if it goes in on an angle that may put unnecessary stress on either the glass or the plastic part.

You get the cooling unit with the mouthpiece yes. The kit would have extra mouth piece, rings, screens etc. I haven't had the need to replace anything yet. After a week, take apart the cooling unit and can clean accordingly. You remove the silicone rings/spacers and everything else into a ISO soak.

Screens and the silicone rings you can find elsewhere on Amazon, etc. I have some links if you care for them.

OK cool, I like getting extra parts so I'll settle with few cooling units

I see, so you purpose to attach a whip to the WPA or use a different adapter for a whip?

I plan on using either my HT or the Lnyx water tool, I don't currently own a water tool I can leave my mighty upside down.

As for screens and silicone, sure, I would love that, cheers!

If you clean your cooling unit immediately after using the Mighty the build up is nice and soft and cleans out easily in under 5 minutes. With that said, I would grab at least one spare if it'll be your main device to allow you to soak one and use the other. A single cooling unit is pretty cheap. I'd advise a pack of brushes, they're my go to solution for cleaning any of my devices.

Although I've yet to try the Delta 3d WPA it's the only one I would use with its "softer" construction. I'm not aware of one ever breaking a Mighty but the other designs definitely have.

It's not going to be my main device, that's the EVO, but if I'm away on holyday or a medical retreat, I will use it much.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
hello thank you very much for the prompt responses, the batteries now last longer hahaha, but my mighty already had the PF batterys, the next time I open it I would like to try to clean the camera thoroughly, I am a bit scared by the O-ring issue you are talking about in the tutorial, my lcd screen at the moment it is going well but it is already years old and in the center it seems that a stain is coming out, I think the problem will be to get the exact replacement ..
Oh, yes that o-ring. It is a valid concern. As I mentioned, mine was dried out and cracked easily, I don't think I would do this job if I didn't have a new one to pop in.
Very sorry I did not measure it! A good estimate might be had by measuring the visible bowl diameter and than guess based on photos.
@JCat, have you any experience or suggestions on the ring? (The seal between the chamber proper and the tan color housing.)

Thanks
Unless you are a 'power user', like 8+bowls a day, you probably won't "need" more than one spare c/u, and even that is mostly for convenience.
There are several nice tips that can make cleaning easier. One is that you don't need to completely remove o-rings or screen from c/u before iso cleaning.

I think my vote would be for one c/u and either a w&t kit or screens and o-rings a la carte.
I happen to like dosing caps and suggest you have at least a small set to try out. The 8-cap caddy is a clever design - the lid is a capsule filling funnel.

To never use Mighty with a proper water piece would be a real shame. I disagree that avoiding wpa's is the consensus. Adding a whip in line to the water tool simply adds length to the vapor path and lets more vapor condense before it reaches the user. Using a whip alone (no water) can be nice.

I've had Mighty/Crafty for about 6 years and have not chipped the body where the wpa mounts. Exercise care, knowing that it is a 'weaker area'. (breaks like this are covered by the 2 yr warranty)

Safest wpa to protect Mighty is the Delta3d v3, and you don't need 2 sizes, it is sized for both 14 and 18 mm glass joint. In design (and in practice) the silicone is just pliable enough to bend and break free from the joint before cracking the joint. Wpa itself is all silicone (but for the screen)
(Delta currently has an interesting "mystery sale" going on, a box full of assorted Mighty items at less than 1/2 price.) I happen to like his stands (color choices!).

Mighty has held a place in our rotation from the moment it (Crafty) arrived, even as lots of other vapes have nosed their way into use. Great choice for a gift to self!

Small loads no problem, just add top screen or maybe a oils pad on top of material to hold it steady (not swirl around) in the chamber.

Last edited:
Top Bottom