The Mandelbrot v0.3

wee

So a couple weeks ago I purchased a StickyBricks Hydrobrick and I thought I could do better... but then reality hit me in the face.

Objectives:
1.- Whole bowl extraction.
2.- Make combustion as hard as possible and not so reliant on technique.
3.- Nice full flavor dense rips.

The scorched wood was me to remove the burs, but I'm not sure that was a good idea.
The stainless steel air entry has a copper coil I made from electrical wire... not sure if it's going to poison me. I have some Alien wire from my vape mods somewhere.

How does it vape? Well I made it (v0.1) in 3hrs last Sunday, so I don't have a lot of experience with it, but I did scortch a lot of flower before I used the concentrate pad that came with the Hydrobrick on top of the flower and then I combusted trying to get good hits. Varying my technique where I move the torch just on the tip and sometimes over gives the best result.

v0.2 I made the 3 channels around the bowl (hence the name), bcos the combustion was coming from the center. The channels allowed hot air down the sides and largly resolved the issue. It was still too ez to combust.

v0.3 was the copper coil inside the air intake, which increases draw resistance to pretty much equal to the VapeXhale Evo (without the wistle), and this change allows you to vape without the torch on and no need to get the flame in to the air path, but there is a 10-30 second heat up for every 2-3 draws. No major hot spots but it will combust uniformly in the center before the sides with the concentrate pad.

So I achieved 1 and 2 of my objectives, however #3 is not there, not sure if it's bcos I've combusted a number of times which has impacted the flavor, but the Evo allows more terps @ 12 o'clock.

Proposed improvements:
1.- I think the bowl needs to be deeper than the current 11mm, which only gives about 6-7mm for flower and it tastes better loose. I can't make the bowl any deeper with my current wood so I will need to start from scratch. I think 24mm would be good.

2. I'm trying to figure out a way to get the hot air to aggitate the flower... maybe by using a metal basket with a solid top and side channels so the air only enters the side. Does anyone know of any baskets with solid metal tops, kind of like the Evo's but solid top, or maybe I could tin foil it? Let me know if this doesn't make sense.

It vapes pretty good now, and better than most of the vapes I've tried except the Evo, but I want perfection. Things I don't like about the Evo are it's random orange light and it's best with 2 x 1/2 baskets, and I'm sometimes too lazy to fill 2 baskets or change them out.

Any advice appreciated.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Could you please resize pics?
For 3 work hours it seems pretty legit

After you click the link, click the image again, it should get larger... I'm not sure how people are posting, to IMGBB when it comes out this way, I never had this issue.... Anyway for many photos like this, it would be easier to upload to imgur instead, desktop view, then paste the top URL here and it will display as a click through able album with arrows

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
After you click the link, click the image again, it should get larger... I'm not sure how people are posting, to IMGBB when it comes out this way, I never had this issue....
This seems to be a problem with the forum software and it would be nice if people didn't do it.
People should use the "Insert Image" button when posting images, and then click on the image to scale it down if it's huge.
The link for the image should end with an image file format like .jpg or .png

Go to the image hosting site, RIGHT CLICK on the image, then COPY IMAGE LINK (or Copy Image URL)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
This seems to be a problem with the forum software and it would be nice if people didn't do it.
People should use the "Insert Image" button when posting images, and then click on the image to scale it down if it's huge.
The link for the image should end with an image file format like .jpg or .png

Go to the image hosting site, RIGHT CLICK on the image, then COPY IMAGE LINK (or Copy Image URL)

Yes but just like pasting URL, sometimes inserting the image link does not work well either, I prefer to paste the BB code here

Shit Snacks,
Top Bottom