The land beyond the LB. Which path should I choose?

treecityrnd

Or email Rick about a CRZ. The one plus to a CRZ is that you can order it today online from Blissville or his Zap website and probably get it by Saturday. That won't happen with the UD (Dave's still OOT until today, so he may be backlogged) and there is quite the waiting list for the HI (but no reason not to get yourself a place in line). Just a thought in case you want it this weekend. Otherwise, as most have said, you can't go wrong with any of them.

treecityrnd,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
CHEI said:
UD is listed at 259.00 on their catalogue http://www.underdogvapes.com/catalog/vapes/vapes-available/

it looks like the CRZ UD and HI all have glass stems as well.

CRZ is 185.00

HI is $150 + $10 or $15 for the stem from what I can see.

I think the HI is the only one that offers a full glass stem right now. The glass stem of the UD still uses a silicon bowl.

I'd also factor in a extra 15 bucks for the variable PSU if you decide to go with the HI.

OhTheAgony,
The fact I can't stress enough is that all of the current log vapes cost roughly the same, despite what their websites might currently say.

The HI starts at $140, but that's for a barebones package that only includes the vape and a non-variable power supply. Since the variable power supply will be important to most users, the price effectively becomes $155 baseline.

Then, since it's impossible to use the HI without a tube, you need to factor in at least $10 for one turbo tube, or $15 for one toasty tube. So at the bare minimum, you're now looking at $165.

Next, you can add another $10 if you want exotic wood, bringing you to $175.

$175 also happens to be the price of a UD Twig, with slight variations possible for wood types. The UD includes silicone stems (which are very cheap to both produce and purchase on their own), meaning you can be up-and-running for that price with no additional upgrades.

If you want to use a glass stem, the prices will still largely stay the same. A 10mm glass stem w/ silicone bowl costs $10 for the HI. Alternative, the all-glass turbo tube costs $30. On the UD side, the basic glass tubes with silicone bowls cost $15, while the fancier glass tubes (which still use silicone bowls) cost $25.

The same can be said about the CRZ, which starts at about $175 and can then be upgraded with a glass tooty (tube).

The bottom line: anyone considering a log vape right now would be incorrect in thinking that they can afford a certain brand but not another. Their prices are nearly identical once you factor in what is/isn't included with package.

OKcomputer,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
That sums it up nicely OK-C.

I think the focus should be on other preferences when choosing a log. The CRZ has a much smaller bowl then the UD for instance, which makes the CRZ much more interesting for people who have conserving herbs as there #1 priority while it labels the UD more as a big hitter type of vape imo. The HI can actually use both type of stems which would make it the more versatile one of the 3 -even more so with the variable PSU-, as long as one doesn't mind the extra costs for the accessories needed to make use of all it's options.

Prioritize folks. And don't forget to look in to the type of woods and size of the log to see if it's properties match your preferred vaping temps as well.

edit: it seems I wasn't as well informed as I thought, hence this edit.

The UD is changing it's heater port now so the they can also use both type of stems like the HI does. Some UDs out there already have the new size heater port, but some will also still be made with the old size core so ask Dave if you're not sure which one to order plz.

OhTheAgony,

CHEI

Medical Cannabis Inspector
I emailed Alan about the HI. I think my choice would have been much easier if there would have been a website and if I didn't have to read through the entire HI thread but it seems like OKComputer cleared it up. I wasn't sure how this thread would turn out after the beginning but thank you for staying on topic. The HI it is!

CHEI,
OhTheAgony said:
Prioritize folks. And don't forget to look in to the type of woods and size of the log to see if it's properties match your preferred vaping temps as well.

Good point OTA, but I should also mention that wood type/density should only be a factor with the UD and the CRZ. With the HI, the heat mass is so small that the wood barely gets warm, and therefore has very little (if not zero) impact on performance. As such, you're free to choose a wood type for your HI based purely on what you think looks best.

edit: we all feel your pain regarding the website issue CHEI, but the reality is that right now, Alan seems to be spending most of his time filling orders, responding to questions and innovating the products themselves. From a strictly-business standpoint, Alan would probably be better off taking what he's got, slapping it on the website and doing some actual marketing, but the fact that he isn't only serves to benefit the products themselves, and ensures that early adopters of the HI (such as you and me) will get an awesome vaporizer instead of a mediocre one that's backed by savvy marketing.

OKcomputer,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
We'll get there together OK ;)

I wasn't entirely sure about the HI so I left that bit out, haha.

Please keep in mind that this are both just small one man companies Chei (HI and UD) that can only do so much work in a day, plus the HI hasn't been out that long and UD Dave just got back from a business trip. Lets just be happy their focus lies more on their product then on keeping a perfectly managed website. Plus both guys are very responsive through email and are happy to help you or answer any questions you might have.

OhTheAgony,

OF

Vapemania said:
pakalolo said:
magicflight said they were working on a new product, not a new portable.

On page 619 of the MFLB thread, and in a personal reply to me, magicflight says 'we are still very committed to developing portables'.

What do you think this statement means?

my guess is that it is something to support vaporizing concentrates

But I'm not interested in your guess.
I'm interested in what magicflight say.
And magicflight are saying they're developing portables and will be having their 'next significant product release...later this year'.

Did you really just say that? Ask a guy what he thinks then tell him you don't care what he thinks? What's with that?

So they said they're committed to new portables (presumably amongst other projects?) and they expect to release something later this year. I don't see the connection that the new product is a portable, do you know something we don't? For sure they've released a couple of other new products since the original release, none of them portables. Based on that alone, I'd say the odds were against a brand new, never heard of portable?

OF

Edit: Fixed formatting problem

OF,
Top Bottom