Discontinued The GotVape Aroma Classic

slande

Hello FuckCombustion,

After much arduous reading and deliberation I chose this model. I live in England and have had to get it sent from the US. Hope its worth the effort.

I wonder if anyone has experienced this vape?
gotvape.com/store/aroma-classic-vaporizer.php

It has 15 people rating it 4.8 out of 5 on this site, the reviews were really the basis for my buying it. Especially in comparison to tried and trusted brands like SSV and DBV, this should be equally as good:
herbalvaporizerreview.org/vaporizer-review/hands-free-vaporizers/aroma-classic-vaporizer-review/

Im so impatient and I just can't find anything else worth reporting about this vape. No nice utube videos for me to mull over. Nothing. And it may still take two weeks to get here!

I searched this site through google and the Aroma Classic is only mentioned ONE time, in passing.

Please tell me its really good and i havn't wasted my money :)

Thanks.

slande,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
hi slande,

Honestly, it looks like another Vaporbrothers box-style-vape copy. For the price you could have done better, but it should work.

That site with all the glowing reviews is a shill site for gotvape. :/

At least now you know where to look for real info. :)

vtac,

B.

War Criminal
This will be a good test of gotvape's customer service. I bet if you emailed them and explained your situation, they would let you return this vape, if it is unused, and if you spend an additional 20 bucks you can get the Da Buddha, which is a VERY highly respected vape.

Read up on the Magic Flight Launch Box, Vapor Genie, Extreme, Silver Surfer, Purple Days, AromaZap, Woodeez, Herborizer, VRIP Tech Heatwand, Zephyr Ion, Da Buddha, Supreme, Aromed, Volcano and Iolite.All pretty cool toys, and each very different.

B.,

slande

hi, thanks for the response.

vtac, a shill site for gotvape? got anything to back that up? they have hundreds of vapes reviewed there by many different people.

aromaclassicvaporizer.com/

this is the only other review ive found, and its also glowing.
reviewed on 16th dec (its a new vape)
marijuanavaporizer.org/marijuanavaporizerorg-aroma-classic-hands-free-review/

believe me B, ive read up on many of those vapes. Was close to getting "da buddha", still mulling it over, i just think it looks really tacky. the silversurfer is too expensive and iolite etc - too small and fiddly.

bummer. i did consider that site may be a shill site, i read all of the other reviews from people who also reviewd the aroma classic to see if they just wanted to promote the Aroma classic, didnt seem to be the case.

slande,

ClemsonVapor489

It is just a box vape, vtac, but they're packaging it with the dual screen whip, which is worth $50 on its own. If the aromaclassic has decent temp control, then it's probably worth the price (or very near) they're charging.

ClemsonVapor489,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
ClemsonVapor489 said:
It is just a box vape, vtac, but they're packaging it with the dual screen whip, which is worth $50 on its own. If the aromaclassic has decent temp control, then it's probably worth the price (or very near) they're charging.
Yeah, if its made with safe materials and put together in a safe manner ;)

Survivalism,

slande

ClemsonVapor489 said:
:) making me feel better

it also has a.............

"Aroma Classic Vaporizer Thermo Tube

The Aroma Classic Vaporizer is the very first vaporizer to feature the all new Thermo Tube .

The Thermo Tube encases the ceramic heating element in a protective layer of ceramic, eliminating the use of metal screens.

This allows the Aroma Classic to reach its desired temperature more rapidly, while also allowing the Aroma Classic to generate a more consistent stream of heat."

woo.

i really dont know what it means. the only vape ive ever used is the "vaporeyes", which i thought was crap. and for 90 (more expensive than dbv) a complete rip off. however, my lungs have dictated the curtail of bong use so ive had to go and search...

when you see how bad the vaporeyes is (and most vapes sold in the UK) youll understand why i got mine from the US :p

http://www.everyonedoesit.co.uk/online_headshop/Vapureyes_Vaporiser.cfm?iProductID=39

basically an inverted jamjar and heating element + pipe.

slande,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
slande said:
ClemsonVapor489 said:
:) making me feel better

it also has a.............

"Aroma Classic Vaporizer Thermo Tube

The Aroma Classic Vaporizer is the very first vaporizer to feature the all new Thermo Tube .

The Thermo Tube encases the ceramic heating element in a protective layer of ceramic, eliminating the use of metal screens.

This allows the Aroma Classic to reach its desired temperature more rapidly, while also allowing the Aroma Classic to generate a more consistent stream of heat."

woo.

i really dont know what it means. the only vape ive ever used is the "vaporeyes", which i thought was crap. and for 90 (more expensive than dbv) a complete rip off. however, my lungs have dictated the curtail of bong use so ive had to go and search...

when you see how bad the vaporeyes is (and most vapes sold in the UK) youll understand why i got mine from the US :p

http://www.everyonedoesit.co.uk/online_headshop/Vapureyes_Vaporiser.cfm?iProductID=39

basically an inverted jamjar and heating element + pipe.
I'm also in the UK and the Vaporeyes was the first vape i 'thought' I really wanted! heh. Thankgod i stumbled across these forums before i made my purchase. I was lucky enough to get a PD when they were still available in the UK. Now my next purchase is probably going to be the SSV or the DBV.

Happycamper,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
vtac, a shill site for gotvape? got anything to back that up? they have hundreds of vapes reviewed there by many different people.
Hundreds of vapes? :lol:

Notice how every product 'reviewed' has a big BUY NOW button that links to relevant product page on gotvape with an affiliate link?

The product photos are straight from gv.

The 'review' texts are pretty much a rehash from the product descriptions on gv. Same bolding of 'action phrases'. All comments are highly positive, some specifically mention gv but no other store.

See the big site sponsor banners?

It's at least indirectly run by gv.

marijuanavaporizer.org/marij ee-review/
Another well known shill site from the wicked roots days.

If you just want people to make you feel better about your purchase and don't want the truth you're in the wrong place. Everyonedoesit has a a few decent vapes along with the crap.

Dual Screen Tower Handkit UPGRADE (+$10.00)

vtac,

lwien

Where is this vape made? Does the manufacturer supply an address so that they could be held accountable for either a faulty product or a toxic product? It says it has a warranty. Do you send it back to the manufacture for warranty, and if so, where in the hell do you send it?

If a manufacturer fails to provide an address of manufacture, than in my opinion, there is only one reason. They don't want to be held accountable for their product, and if that's the case, they surely will never get any of my money, nor, should they get yours.

lwien,

slande

vtac said:
Hundreds of vapes? :lol:

Notice how every product 'reviewed' has a big BUY NOW button that links to relevant product page on gotvape with an affiliate link?

The product photos are straight from gv.

The 'review' texts are pretty much a rehash from the product descriptions on gv. Same bolding of 'action phrases'. All comments are highly positive, some specifically mention gv but no other store.

See the big site sponsor banners?

It's at least indirectly run by gv.

marijuanavaporizer.org/marij ee-review/
Another well known shill site from the wicked roots days.

If you just want people to make you feel better about your purchase and don't want the truth you're in the wrong place. Everyonedoesit has a a few decent vapes along with the crap.

Dual Screen Tower Handkit UPGRADE (+$10.00)
thanks,
yes i didn't notice the big "buy now" button. however, the reviews are many and varied, and yet almost all of the vaporisers are sold at gotvape. if theyre going to talk shit about some, and talk up others, whats the point? theyll end up with the same sales numbers as if they said nothing. i dont at all discount what you said though and you may be right, time will tell.

lwien said:
Where is this vape made? Does the manufacturer supply an address so that they could be held accountable for either a faulty product or a toxic product? It says it has a warranty. Do you send it back to the manufacture for warranty, and if so, where in the hell do you send it?
it is exclusively sold by gotvape, and has a lifetime warranty on the heater element. as for the manufacturer, good question..

ah, yeah the manufacturer is gotvape too, so says the review site.

slande,

ClemsonVapor489

ClemsonVapor489,

Steinwayz

Hello everyone at fuckcombustion. (first post)
I have just purchased an Aroma Classic from my local headshop, and am currently testing different temperatures, different amounts of herb, and different ways to pack the whip. I can say that the vaporizer itself it very well put together. The bamboo casing is super retro/sexy. Its a really attractive unit. I have it on my desk next to all my other "desk shit" and keep the whip in my closet, until i'm ready to vape. Everybody thinks it's some old cool speaker, but it says "Aroma Classic" on it, so I tell them its a smell-o-vision hook up.

Anyway- the vaporizer is great, and works wonderfully. I'm just trying to figure out the best settings to use for it. I would highly recommend it based on my experiences with it. It definitely gets the job done.

I didn't get a manual with it, because the guys at the headshop i went to are fuckin potheads and lost it- go figure- So i'm trying to figure out the exact temperatures for where the knob is. If anyone has any insight into this please let me know.
There is a sticker under the knob that kind of shows you where the temperature is, with simple green yellow and red sections, but i wonder how accurate it actually is. My knob turns perfectly to the left and stops on the lowest setting the sticker says (precisely at 9:00). When i turn it to the right though- the sticker says when the knob is at 3:00 it is at its maximum settings, but the knob can go all the way to 6:00.
Don't know if the temperature is actually getting any hotter after i pass the 3:00 mark- anybody have a vape similar to this that can give some insight? Thank you!

Steinwayz,

max

Out to lunch
At $165, it's a little pricey. On the plus side, it's NOT digital, which is why they can provide a lifetime warranty, which you'll only find on analog units and amounts to a warranty on the heater.

Steinwayz said:
i'm trying to figure out the exact temperatures for where the knob is
You won't find out exact temps. Even digital vapes in this price range won't tell you true vaping temps. Find your vaping range. Turn it down until you just start to get vapor-that's the low end. Turn it up until a hit or two turns your herb black. That's the high end. You want to be somewhere in the middle. It's always better to start a little low, even if you want high temp vapor. Move the temp up as you vape and you'll get more out of your herb.

herbalvaporizerreview.org should not be trusted for unbiased reviews. Even if the site owner isn't a Gotvape owner, Gotvape is the sole sponsor and very much tied in with the site.

max,

Steinwayz

BEFORE READING!!! I posted this review over at grasscity, and someone thought I worked for the company. I DO NOT WORK THE COMPANY!!! I just bought this vape- its my first vape, and i love it. I couldn't find ANY info for this unit, so i thought i would create some! ENJOY!

I have posted a video on YouTube as well, so you can see things in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNV5NhFg6tM

Hello all-
A few days ago I purchased the Aroma Classic Vaporizer from my local headshop. It was one of the cheaper ones there, with only some handhelds being cheaper but even looking like real vaporizers. They had a silver surfer for a little more, iolites, volcanos, and various others. I knew I didnt want a volcano or any of the bag type ones, because I wanted the unit to be as compact as possible, but still high quality. I also like drawing on my herb manually, I dont want a machine to do it for me.

The Aroma Classic was the one that caught my eye mainly because it was the only one with real character. The Silver Surfer was pretty cool too- but it looked too much like a garage project with glass pipes glued to it. I really liked the look of the bamboo casing for the Aroma Classic, and the construction quality of the unit and included parts were top notch.

The unit has an On and Off switch, and a temperature control knob on the front. When you switch the unit on, the glass stem (which houses a ceramic tube with the heating element in it) lights up a bright green color, and looks fantastic. The glass stem is mounted in the back of the bamboo box with a big sturdy silicon holder. It seems extremely sturdy, and resilient.

The temperature knob is very smooth, and precise. There is a sticker under the knob which indicates that 9:00 is the coolest, and 3:00 is the hottest. This is one problem I have with this vaporizer. This sticker really threw me off the first night I was vaping with this, because I didnt think I should go past the 3:00 mark that says it is the hottest. I now have found out that the sticker gauge is just showing which direction to move the knob to get the desired temperature. After turning up the knob past the 3:00 point (it goes all the way to 6:00) I had a much more fulfilling and productive experience.

The whip that is included is a dual chamber whip. It has a small glass bottom piece that screws into a larger glass chamber that the tube is connected too. The small bottom piece and the large glass chamber both have screens in them where they screw together. This makes loading, vaping, and emptying extremely clean and easy. (I only touch my herb when Im taking it out of the jar its in, and putting it in the grinder.) I cant imagine how anyone would vap without this type of system. Having only one screen to keep the herb from sucking through, but not having one to keep it from falling onto the heating element seems really ridiculous and a very poor design choice. This design makes the most sense, and works amazingly well. Instead of taking the whip off and having to stir the herb around (like people say your supposed to do) I just kind of shake it a bit. The herb gets stirred up this way, but because of the dual screens it doesnt fly out. Very easy- very quick.

I let the unit heat up for exactly 3 minutes every time, and it always produced visible exhalable vapors. I used 0.3 - 0.5 grams of ground herb for every session. The vapor is thick, and extremely delicious- I can easily blow vapor rings with it.

Upon experimenting with the unit a bit, I have found quite a few things:

Temperature matters greatly when vaporizing.

The first night, I didnt turn my temperature up enough because of the sticker thing I mentioned. I was getting vapors, so I thought I was at the right temperature. I definitely got high, but something was seriously lacking compared to the normal high I get off of a bubbler/bong bowl. I had my knob set at around 1:00.

You can get yourself unequivocally, seriously fucked up vaporizing.

The second night I decided to turn the knob up to around 4:30, and wow...
Did I have a different experience. THIS was the high I had been hearing about from so many different people. The vaporizing high. It was incredible. It IS incredible. I have a hard time believing that this is actually way better for you, because shit never works like that in the world. Usually the better and more potent is worse for you, but not for this. I have been smoking for the past 3 years just about every day. For a year in there, I was blazing bowls about 4-7 times a day. I still smoke everyday, but usually just in the evenings- What Im getting at is- I know my way around weed/getting high, and I cant say more simply: VAPORIZING MARIJUANA WILL GET YOU MORE BLAZED THAN SMOKING IT WILL.

The Aroma Classic is one mean Vaporizer

I am really happy with this purchase. Before buying this I was skeptical as shit. I had heard all the great things about vaporizing, but still took it as myth- or rationalized it that perhaps those people who are having a great time vaping dont really smoke weed like I do. I went to the store ready to buy the vaporizer, believing that it would be neat, but not really practical- or maybe that it wouldnt really get me high like smoking would-believing that my trusty bong and pieces would serve me for years to come.

Little did I know.

This unit is built extremely well, and has the best style of any of the vapes Ive seen. The way it lights up green, the smooth operation, the bamboo case- its all just oozing awesome. The whip that is included has by far the best design Ive seen on the market and it extremely easy to load, vap, and empty. I would recommend this vaporizer to everybody, especially to those looking for a more efficient, potent, and all around improved way of enjoying those beautiful crystal covered buds.

Steinwayz,

Beezleb

Sounds like you found the best vaporizer for you. I congratulate you!

Very nice review, thank you.

Beezleb,

spikyvape

Why buy a knockoff wenn you can get the original Vaporbrothers ???

I would never buy this thing, they build it like the VB also with the flat ceramic element
and the ceramic capping on top.

Really sad !

spikyvape,

max

Out to lunch
Why buy a knockoff wenn you can get the original Vaporbrothers ???
Maybe when the knockoff has a better warranty than VB? The VB is itself a knockoff of the original VaporDoc.

Really sad !
I think it's really sad that you have to trash what seems to be a decent box vape, when the OP seems happy with it. Pretty weak trash, at that.

max,

spikyvape

Did you ever looked into the difference in build quality of the VB & Vapordoc ? :uhoh:

Very different in quality, apparently you don't know this. :rolleyes:

If it is true what you say that the VB is a knockoff form the Vapordoc, at least VB did a great job
in upgrading the unit and come with unique ideas. Also they did lab testing man show some respect.

The Gotvape aroma classic didn't come up with anything new, and yes i find that sad, this is a forum
and i have the right to give my opinion.

If this is not accepted by FC maybe you should sharpen your register rules, start with: it is not accepted to give criticism.

I would worry more about your spam ratings lately on FC instead of watching every post i write and make a big fuzz about it like other FC crew members :uhoh:

spikyvape,

lwien

spikyvape said:
I would worry more about your spam ratings lately on FC instead of watching every post i write and make a big fuzz about it like other FC crew members :uhoh:
FC spam ratings?

lwien,

max

Out to lunch
Very different in quality, apparently you don't know this.
There's a lot I don't know, since unlike you, I haven't owned every "well known" (pretty vague) vape on the market.

The Gotvape aroma classic didn't come up with anything new, and yes i find that sad
So any vape that hits the market and doesn't offer anything new, is sad? Interesting outlook you have. I find your outlook sad. ;)

Now that you've enlightened us that this sad vape offers nothing new, I assume you'll move on and let the thread get back on topic? Meanwhile I have to go worry about our spam ratings. :lol:

max,

slande

well, mine has just cleared customs, so i should be able to comment within a few days :)

slande,

Rick

Zapman
I get a kick out of a new knock off that uses fucking AROMA in the name.
No biggee really. Just interesting considering they make no real attempt at AROMA.

Rick,
Top Bottom