The Future of Cannabis: How will it change?

nickzzzx

When weed becomes decriminalized or legalized, regulated, and taxed in the USA, and the product industry starts booming, I foresee a WIDE range of different preparations made from weed that will be readily available. I think many people will be drawn to the e-cig vaporizer designs and ready-to-use cartridges filled with some kind of highly concentrated oil. The vaporizer market is slowly but surely advancing in technology and more efficient designs, so imagine the variety of products that can be used!
Imagine a portable vape similar to the Magic Flight launch box, featuring a more durable/invincible outer shell, a rechargeable battery that lasts for hours and is integrated INSIDE the box with an on/off button.
I know it sounds sacrilege, but the whole ritual of breaking up/grinding dried weed is time consuming and unwanted by some. Since smoking will always be highly popular, pre-rolled joints or blunts will become very popular as well for the occasional tokers.
Of course they will also sell a variety of concentrates and edibles:
-Hash-BHO, ISO, bubble,
-Hash oils
-kief
-lollipops, dissolvable strips, drinks, baked goods,

Obviously cannabis has a myriad of medicinal usages so I believe with the advances in research, selective breeding for specific compounds and cannabinoid ratios will become a reality and allow users to have even more variety of choices that yield certain properties. More research needs to be done to the Indica and sativa species to determine which has more of certain cannabinoids and what specifically these cannabinoids do alone or interacting with other similar compounds.

All of them will be of different potencies as well. Low potency for someone with no tolerance, and high potency for someone with a tolerance. Dosages will be probably be standardized and give very specific information on the amount of 'ingredients'(various cannabinoids). Similar to the nutritional facts found on food and beer. (i'm not sure if cigs have that...they should)

What I want to discuss is: When weed becomes readily available and legal in a wide variety of forms, what will you buy and how will you use it (smoked, vaporized, eaten)? What are your predictions for the new developments in cannabis products (plant and devices).

I personally will want to vape straight kief from various strains. Extremely potent and easy to use. And of course beautiful!
-Nick

nickzzzx,

Frickr

i think it will be like other areas of the world, with a market for it that is less strict on laws like amsterdam. now i know the big corps will all come out with their own branded prerolled, and this may be fine for some people. but the majority will either be grown by the consumer itself - springing the market in gardening supplies, or will be a network of "coffee shops" and smaller farms.

people as a whole do not like change. so i feel that people will still do what they are familier with such as buying 8ths, quarters, ect. and using the methods they are familier with. i dont think much would change as far as comsumption. the only thing that would change would be where you would have to go to get the pot, and how much its going to cost.

theres no doubt that the legality of pot right now creates an artificially inflated market driving the prices higher since people are risking more to get you your drugs. take out the legal conflict, now how much is that bag of weed going to cost you?

personally, i wouldnt care as long as if i were able to grow my own. it would make it so much easier then nights like tonight where i cant even get ahold of a crappy bag of shwag..

Frickr,

nickzzzx

Frickr said:
i think it will be like other areas of the world, with a market for it that is less strict on laws like amsterdam. now i know the big corps will all come out with their own branded prerolled, and this may be fine for some people. but the majority will either be grown by the consumer itself - springing the market in gardening supplies, or will be a network of "coffee shops" and smaller farms.

people as a whole do not like change. so i feel that people will still do what they are familier with such as buying 8ths, quarters, ect. and using the methods they are familier with. i dont think much would change as far as comsumption. the only thing that would change would be where you would have to go to get the pot, and how much its going to cost.

theres no doubt that the legality of pot right now creates an artificially inflated market driving the prices higher since people are risking more to get you your drugs. take out the legal conflict, now how much is that bag of weed going to cost you?

personally, i wouldnt care as long as if i were able to grow my own. it would make it so much easier then nights like tonight where i cant even get ahold of a crappy bag of shwag..
Very good points there. I agree with the part about people not wanting change. they'll definitely keep the same general concepts going, just add onto it and make the selections more broad. America has a great deal of "choices on goods" compared to some countries and I think that applies to most things, especially alcohol and tobacco products. I think legal cannabis will be definitely similar.

On the subject of growing, I would love to grow and definitely would, but I know the majority of users don't really use cannabis frequently enough to need to grow. It's a very involved, time consuming, cheap or expensive thing. I think mainly real cannabis enthusiasts (lovers-stoners) will grow.

nickzzzx,

PerseusStoned

I, personally, enjoy the ritual of grinding the weed. Ultimately I would love to grow, raise, love, and cure my own herb and smoke it myself too :D I would love to collect the steams and my vaped bud and use it for brownies too (I just made my first batch of vaped brownies the other month; I could eat 3 and not get high, then I tried microwaving one and was high for 20 hours). I like spending time on having a lengthy smoke and discussion with my friends.

I think vaporization will catch on quickly with full legalization; its not as bad as cigarette combustion, but the nation is rapidly becoming more health-involved. I think its simply another step in the right direction. Its just a matter of time before America finally educates itself on the realities of marijuana.

PerseusStoned,

hereatlast

I think a widespread decriminalization/legalization (doubt the latter) of cannabis would be a good thing medicinally but the place of pharmaceutical companies in the mix makes me wary. Already Marinol is prescribed as an alternative to natural THC & canniboids but it doesn't do the same thing in the same time (smoking/vaporizing/eating cannabis brings out effects, some medicinal, that the synthetic THC's/cannaboids just can't offer).

A government regulated system of classifying and distributing marijuana would be great for the buyer, if done correctly we would all be able to know where our product is coming from.

I personally love my buds, concentrates will always have a place but I can't imagine not using the flower.

hereatlast,

PerseusStoned

hereatlast said:
...Already Marinol is prescribed as an alternative to natural THC & canniboids but it doesn't do the same thing in the same time (smoking/vaporizing/eating cannabis brings out effects, some medicinal, that the synthetic THC's/cannaboids just can't offer). ...
Would you mind elaborating please? I haven't seen too much information on marinol and am interested in how it differs (and mostly in how it is less effective).

PerseusStoned,

hereatlast

Here's a start...

NORML said:
In practice, cannabis vaporization offers considerable advantages over oral THC consumption. While the oral ingestion of Marinol avoids the potential risks of smoking, it has significant drawbacks. Because of synthetic THC's poor bioavailability, only 5-20 percent of an oral dose ever reaches the bloodstream44 and the drug may not achieve peak effect until four hours after dosing.45 Moreover, because Marinol is metabolized slowly, its therapeutic and psychoactive effects may be unpredictable and vary considerably, both from one person to another, and in the same person from one episode of use to another. By contrast, cannabis vaporization delivers cannabinoids to the bloodstream almost instantaneously
http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=6636

I've read more elsewhere but I'll have to track down the urls.

hereatlast,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
On the same note - read the writeup on Normls front page right now regarding the funding of the drug war.

It read along the lines of Obamas administration is NOT holding true to what they had initially said.
Ugh... Today is a suck day after reading that shit...

AGBeer,

Qbit

cannabanana
I envision a time of 'Space Weed' - a new strain bred to grow in zero-G high-CO2 air pods in orbit around the Earth. They would be robotically harvested and processed into hash oil, and then specially packaged for re-entry in heat-resistant capsules (with parachutes) before being sent hurtling down to random places on Earth.

Free hash oil falling from the sky.

(I had an alternate ending which involved just shooting pellets of hash shatter from space into the atmosphere where they would vapourize, covering the Earth in one fat cloud, but then I realised there would be visibility problems. How would we watch The Simpsons?)

Qbit,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Qbit said:
I envision a time of 'Space Weed' - a new strain bred to grow in zero-G high-CO2 air pods in orbit around the Earth. They would be robotically harvested and processed into hash oil, and then specially packaged for re-entry in heat-resistant capsules (with parachutes) before being sent hurtling down to random places on Earth.

Free hash oil falling from the sky.

(I had an alternate ending which involved just shooting pellets of hash shatter from space into the atmosphere where they would vapourize, covering the Earth in one fat cloud, but then I realised there would be visibility problems. How would we watch The Simpsons?)
Maybe they would fall to the Earth in non-heat-resistant capsules and effectively burn up in the atmosphere causing a global stonedness and leading to whirled peas for all.

THAT WOULD BE my vote

EDIT
Shit I just reread that you had already said that... Zuck Im Footed...

AGBeer,
Top Bottom