The evolution of vaporizers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mckdenton

So I have taken a break from vaporizing for a few months and an even longer break from this forum. (couple of years maybe I'm not sure) Before I quit vaping I was just using my log vape mostly with a touch of mflb and SV. So i came here to see what was new, because i was missing my herb. I was very excited to see how much the vaporizing world has developed. There are TONS of new vapes on the market. part of me is glad i have taken a break from this forum cuz at this point I would probably be broke. :rofl: Any how, I decided to order the Arizer solo, i got it on friday and WOW what a wonderful thing i have enjoyed it very much. it was a hard decision but i made the right choice i thing. Just one question: what, in your opinion Is the MUST have vape, portable or desk top doesn't matter. the vape you wouldn't want to live without. I seen the cloud is finally out :brow:

Mckdenton,

OO

Technical Skeptical
<-Not a cloud fanboi

For me a must have is a freebase style vape, the best flavor, lowest usage, and the instant head change all spell WIN for me, the hammer is an all in one version of the freebase style.

For me where it really counts though is the accessories you use with your vapes, some of those I really feel are must haves.

OO,

scottio19

scotty
The new log vapes are awesome. My Underdog log is heavy hitting yet still efficient like a log should be. I ordered an E-Nano too, but easily could have gone with the Hot Pod or the Heat Island. Lots of accessories, all the wooden log vape makers I mentioned offer gong-stems made out of wood.

scottio19,

Nevertheless1090

<-Not a cloud fanboi

For me a must have is a freebase style vape, the best flavor, lowest usage, and the instant head change all spell WIN for me, the hammer is an all in one version of the freebase style.

For me where it really counts though is the accessories you use with your vapes, some of those I really feel are must haves.

You don't have to be a cloud fan boy to admit it is the most innovative vaporizer on the market.

We've seen log vapes, freebase, whip-style, bag, direct style vaporizer; I am not denying your claims regarding the hammer. But if you are/ have been a heavy bong user (seems like most FC have been at one point in time) and prefer huge hits that don't need to be regulated by draw speed or amount you hold a button ect., then the cloud has a huge advantage. It's "plug and play" aspects are undeniable and even though the company has some humps in the Rode to be as successful as 7th floor, in my opinion, it is the must have vape for new comers and us grizzled veterans. Truly versatile and seems to live up to its novelty.

+1 for the evolution of logs too! E-nano looks promising; Ascent or Nano may be second choice depending on how well they fair after getting to the mass

Nevertheless1090,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
To be honest, I love all of the vapes I do/did own. They all have their positive and negative attributes and each has it's place. My friend says they're like Pokemon; I'm inclined to agree. :haw:

VaporEyes,

Wolf46

Vapor War Team Cap
To be honest, I love all of the vapes I do/did own. They all have their positive and negative attributes and each has it's place. My friend says they're like Pokemon; I'm inclined to agree. :haw:
Vapechù
torkoal.jpg

The official FC pokemon!
Your friend is a genius:D

OO

Technical Skeptical
You don't have to be a cloud fan boy to admit it is the most innovative vaporizer on the market.

We've seen log vapes, freebase, whip-style, bag, direct style vaporizer; I am not denying your claims regarding the hammer. But if you are/ have been a heavy bong user (seems like most FC have been at one point in time) and prefer huge hits that don't need to be regulated by draw speed or amount you hold a button ect., then the cloud has a huge advantage. It's "plug and play" aspects are undeniable and even though the company has some humps in the Rode to be as successful as 7th floor, in my opinion, it is the must have vape for new comers and us grizzled veterans. Truly versatile and seems to live up to its novelty.

I just don't see how it is innovative.
All the aspects you mentioned are shared with earlier vapes like the HA.
What is innovative about what it brings to the table?

OO,

Nevertheless1090

I just don't see how it is innovative.
All the aspects you mentioned are shared with earlier vapes like the HA.
What is innovative about what it brings to the table?

Non-learning curve (plug & play)
Design of vaporizer...HT/ directly put them on a bong without adapters and such
Easy load bowls, but I must admit I'm not sure if the cloud was first
Heating technology that doesnt matter how hard/slow you pull

Would you consider these things innovative?

Nevertheless1090,

OO

Technical Skeptical
Non-learning curve (plug & play)
Design of vaporizer...HT/ directly put them on a bong without adapters and such
Easy load bowls, but I must admit I'm not sure if the cloud was first
Heating technology that doesnt matter how hard/slow you pull

Would you consider these things innovative?
Not at all, the HA had been out for a long time before the cloud, and contains all of the same features.
And how hard is it to find an adapter?
It was not first in anything you mentioned, but it was the first to be made with (limited) input from members of this board.

The HA can also do bags and whip, and is easily modified to fit other uses.

Guess what, the HA also has amazing extraction ability, and you don't even need to grind (though grinding gives milkier results).

Plus the HA is not in the least bit fragile, nor expensive if purchased from Ebay or Amazon.

It also has a very good reliability record.

Nevertheless1090

I disagree with you but hey, if we all had the same opinion, life would be extremely dull.

The heating technology is definitely different and design is too just to be brief and yeah, adapters are usually easily accessible but this caters to my 'plug and play' point in conjunction with its non-learning curve. We are vaporist enthusiast, so with the abundance of info we have on FC and our experience we can usually efficiently hit most vaporizers after one sesh. We are the minority. Learning curve is a major factor among new comers that desire big milky hits the first time they try their vaporizer, not the first week.

Nevertheless1090,

justcametomind

Is it true that the Cloud is coming out in a 1.1 version and it will be available in Europe soon?

justcametomind,

Nevertheless1090

Is it true that the Cloud is coming out in a 1.1 version and it will be available in Europe soon?

The cloud plus is the "1.1" version with faster heat up time and with a new purchase, a two year warranty. They should be internationally shipping in early May at the latest. Check cloud thread for up to date info.

But, any other vaporizers that are MUST HAVE peeps?

Nevertheless1090,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
The cloud plus is the "1.1" version with faster heat up time and with a new purchase, a two year warranty. They should be internationally shipping in early May at the latest. Check cloud thread for up to date info.

But, any other vaporizers that are MUST HAVE peeps?

I think that a lighter based vape(like the GnOme) is a must. When modern technology fails, they're there for you.

OO

Technical Skeptical
I disagree with you but hey, if we all had the same opinion, life would be extremely dull.

The heating technology is definitely different and design is too just to be brief and yeah, adapters are usually easily accessible but this caters to my 'plug and play' point in conjunction with its non-learning curve. We are vaporist enthusiast, so with the abundance of info we have on FC and our experience we can usually efficiently hit most vaporizers after one sesh. We are the minority. Learning curve is a major factor among new comers that desire big milky hits the first time they try their vaporizer, not the first week.
So because a design is different then the timeline is false, I don't understand your logic. Every function performed is the same. Try and outpace an HA on direct draw, if you can you have Michael Phelps style lungs, because the heat retention is immense, and guess what? It also adapts to changes in rate of air flow, and fluctuate the amount of heat generated to compensate.

The mouthpiece design covers the two popular GonG sizes, and it also mates well to non-GonG style devices.

I must not understand how a Cloud's heating system works in enough detail to understand the difference, maybe you can explain it to me?

Yoshi

Woah
I say the must have vape currently is the Solo. Can't beat $160, and I took it out in the woods and got baked off of a bowl. Glass vapor path is a definite plus. :D

Yoshi,
Reactions: Wolf46

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
yoshi said:
glass vapor path is a definite plus

Well, for me, it's all in my head ... i know borosilicate glass is inert -- no nasties of any kind, and the vapor taste is as pure as it can get.

i don't often drink beer, but when i do it is only from glass, no cans (bleech!) -- i can taste the difference.

Hippie Dickie,

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
I only had my HA GonG adapter for 1 day before it broke :rolleyes: but I have another on its way to me. I dont know if its placebo or what but it did seem to produce a cleaner tasting hit, and definitely milkier IMO. OO you might have just kept me from buying a cloud for another few months with your explanation of the HA. lol

Dont know if the heating element is the same, but I do know I wanna go home and hit that shit through my matrix LOL. Can you tell a difference with the GonG?

Teflon MP

GonG adapter

Vapechù
torkoal.jpg

The official FC pokemon!
Your friend is a genius:D

LMAO

Live-N-Learn,

OO

Technical Skeptical
Well, for me, it's all in my head ... i know borosilicate glass is inert -- no nasties of any kind, and the vapor taste is as pure as it can get.

i don't often drink beer, but when i do it is only from glass, no cans (bleech!) -- i can taste the difference.
I would say placebo effect plays a large role in both of those instances.
The exception being that if you drink beer out of a glass, you get more smell coming in through your nose than if you were to drink from a can. This can also be affected by the design of the mouth of the glass.

Glass is pretty good on the inert scale, right up there with teflon and many other materials, but just because a material is very inert, does not mean that it will not react.

Silica dioxide(glass) will be eaten by water in basic conditions for example.

Many materials are suitable for the airpath besides glass IMHO.

Livenlearn, don't let me hider your purchasing decisions, all of the information I've stated has been gathered from various sources, you can research to determine your own decisions.

OO,

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
You definitely didnt hinder my decision making, rather made me feel satisfied with my vapes now. LOL
Actually thanks, Ive been buying way too many things vape related recently and need time to stack up. The GonG adapter is something I only had for 1 full session really and that was enough to sell me on ditching the teflon and purchasing another one. I think it improved performance on the HA .

I wont read this indepth because its already going over my head, end of the work day. I will revisit this once my new GonG piece arrives. Should be by the end of the week, says its in the USA already.

Live-N-Learn,

OO

Technical Skeptical
You definitely didnt hinder my decision making, rather made me feel satisfied with my vapes now. LOL
Actually thanks, Ive been buying way too many things vape related recently and need time to stack up. The GonG adapter is something I only had for 1 full session really and that was enough to sell me on ditching the teflon and purchasing another one. I think it improved performance on the HA .
If you really think so.

You can test effectiveness of the seal, get a plug for the back of the HA, and put it in your device, then using a vacuum gauge and hand pump, you can test to see how much vacuum you can pull on the device. Try it a few times with the teflon, and then with the other connector, and do a standard deviation and average of the results, that should prove to you whether it is more effective or not.

Don't forget to wax the other joint before you try this, you don't want to get it permanently stuck.

Don't forget to heat up the HA to the correct temperature first so the seal between the joint and HA is tight, and make sure the temperature setting is equal each time.

OO,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom