Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pinetrrizzle

has anyone with the dc elev8r/rubies had to significantly raise the temp over time to achieve the same level of extraction?

i've been at 430F since i got the unit around 6 months ago. anything higher and i was getting a little too close to the sun. i combusted at 460+. the bubbler would be immediately milked within seconds pulling as hard as possible. a 0.15 g bowl would be an even dark brown and cashed after two pulls.

in the last few weeks (perhaps as much as the last month) the performance seems to have changed, despite no changes in the setup. i'm not reaching that dark brown extraction at 430, even after three pulls with the same amount of material. nothing about my setup has been altered. same circuit/outlet, same glass, same grass, same grinder. the rubies seem to be in the same position, and the screens haven't moved. it's still sitting in the same location, never moves, and it's on maybe an hour or so a day, with at least 10 minutes to warmup/heat soak.

i've bumped up the temp to 470, and it's still not performing like it was at 430. and i'm not getting anywhere near combustion, whereas a few months back 470 would have been trouble.

the only thing that i can think of is in july a ziplock touched the top of the coil, and a little plastic melted onto the top ring of the coil. i tried to clean it off with acetone/cutip as some here suggested, but that didn't do the trick. i turned the DC up to 700 for 20 minutes in an effort to burn off the plastic, but it wasn't hot enough, and I didn't want to go higher. someone mentioned just using a torch to burn off the plastic, and that's what ultimately worked in a few seconds...

has any experienced this decline? is there a way to check if the coil is still properly functioning? did i somehow damage the coil turning up the unit to 700 or using a torch for a few seconds? i assumed all was well since after burning off the plastic it was doing its normal thing at 430. and the decline in extraction has only happened in the last month or so, long after i burned the plastic off.

thanks for any help!

Warpdrive

Do you think the Elev8 heater will be compatible with the @Pipes induction heater?

I'm afraid it's not.....

Yes looks like a cross between a Vapocane and a Supreme, the design of the first and the heat retention of the second!
Can't find a closer pic of the heater... is there one anywhere?

You can zoom in here to see it up close. Maybe if you load it up with Ti balls the induction heater may work? No idea, but I hope this helps

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/krkhac

Warpdrive,

Ripstar

has anyone with the dc elev8r/rubies had to significantly raise the temp over time to achieve the same level of extraction?

i've been at 430F since i got the unit around 6 months ago. anything higher and i was getting a little too close to the sun. i combusted at 460+. the bubbler would be immediately milked within seconds pulling as hard as possible. a 0.15 g bowl would be an even dark brown and cashed after two pulls.

in the last few weeks (perhaps as much as the last month) the performance seems to have changed, despite no changes in the setup. i'm not reaching that dark brown extraction at 430, even after three pulls with the same amount of material. nothing about my setup has been altered. same circuit/outlet, same glass, same grass, same grinder. the rubies seem to be in the same position, and the screens haven't moved. it's still sitting in the same location, never moves, and it's on maybe an hour or so a day, with at least 10 minutes to warmup/heat soak.

i've bumped up the temp to 470, and it's still not performing like it was at 430. and i'm not getting anywhere near combustion, whereas a few months back 470 would have been trouble.

the only thing that i can think of is in july a ziplock touched the top of the coil, and a little plastic melted onto the top ring of the coil. i tried to clean it off with acetone/cutip as some here suggested, but that didn't do the trick. i turned the DC up to 700 for 20 minutes in an effort to burn off the plastic, but it wasn't hot enough, and I didn't want to go higher. someone mentioned just using a torch to burn off the plastic, and that's what ultimately worked in a few seconds...

has any experienced this decline? is there a way to check if the coil is still properly functioning? did i somehow damage the coil turning up the unit to 700 or using a torch for a few seconds? i assumed all was well since after burning off the plastic it was doing its normal thing at 430. and the decline in extraction has only happened in the last month or so, long after i burned the plastic off.

thanks for any help!
I'm not sure how to really damage the coil unless it's the wiring itself. I haven't had any decline but have ramped it to about 540, which gives me much better results. Initially when I got it, I was at around 470-500, I think anything above 500 is necessary through water. It's either your PID or the wiring to the coil. What kind of PID do you have?

howie105

After getting comfortable with the ELEV8R I have noticed that my average use temperature has increased by twenty degrees over the last two months. I don't think it's a device problem because the load will start producing vapor and combusts at the same temperatures, so I am attributing the increase to changing preference on my part as opposed to gear failure.

Ripstar

After getting comfortable with the ELEV8R I have noticed that my average use temperature has increased by twenty degrees over the last two months. I don't think it's a device problem because the load will start producing vapor and combusts at the same temperatures, so I am attributing the increase to changing preference on my part as opposed to gear failure.
Yep, the 'ole "dial it in". This thing is a serious beast even with very small loads. A good glass piece with plenty of airflow helps a lot as well.

Ripstar,
Reactions: Ramahs

howie105

Yep, the 'ole "dial it in". This thing is a serious beast even with very small loads. A good glass piece with plenty of airflow helps a lot as well.
For glass, I am using a j-hook and a stock bowl, acceptable cooling and draw and very easy to clean. I have been trying to find a bowl alternative but so far no luck. So what are you doing for a grind? I was doing the usual medium grind till I tried finger shredding the bud. Found I Liked the taste and a slower cook better.

howie105,

pinetrrizzle

I'm not sure how to really damage the coil unless it's the wiring itself. I haven't had any decline but have ramped it to about 540, which gives me much better results. Initially when I got it, I was at around 470-500, I think anything above 500 is necessary through water. It's either your PID or the wiring to the coil. What kind of PID do you have?
i've got the dc micro. i've only used it through water, 9" bubbler, and was at 430F. i started at 500 and ramped down by 10 until i was a bit short of combusting. i can't even imagine going to 540 and not scorching it, but maybe i'll keep inching up there...
that's the thing, i'm at a temp now, 470, that i combusted at when i was dialing in the device 6 months ago. but hey, if i just need to keep jumping up and the combustion temp also moves up with it, i guess that's not the end of the world...

still seems odd though.

pinetrrizzle,

howie105

that's the thing, i'm at a temp now, 470, that i combusted at when i was dialing in the device 6 months ago. but hey, if i just need to keep jumping up and the combustion temp also moves up with it, i guess that's not the end of the world... Currently, I am opening at 480 and closing out at 575. Much above 610 and the load wants to burn.

howie105,
Reactions: Ramahs

pinetrrizzle

well i believe the mystery has been solved. while i had said my setup hadn't changed, i thought that was true, but then i remembered the safety addition to the stand... i have the DC metal stand, and it rests on a circular cork mat 1/3 inch thick. about a month or so ago i bought a pyrex dish large enough to contain both the stand and the mat, since the dc stand is so unprotected, this made it slightly safer.

i took the stand and cork mat out of the pyrex bowl tonight, and nearly combusted on 470 with full extraction. dropped back to 430, and it's like it's back to "normal." it seems the pyrex was robbing some of the heat. i guess this should have been more obvious - the dish would get slightly warm, bit i guess i figured the pid would adjust to compensate for some lost heat to maintain the temp. i think vgoodiez even mentions something along those lines when talking about the metal CH post. different material, but i guess similar effect? anywho, lesson learned. just need to dial up the temp more than i'm used to if i use the pyrex container... thanks all

Robert-in-YEG

Christmas Has Come Early! Our glass artisans at ELEV8 Premier Studios have produced a 100% pure convection, all American made Schott Borosilicate glass (minus screen), portable and durable Vaporizer. No batteries needed! Easily used with dry herbs and concentrates, or if you're feeling frisky, both at the same time! The kit will come with glass stem, 14mm male water pipe attachment, flavor disc (for concentrates only), 19mm-14mm water pipe adapters, extra screens, sick clip, and ELEV8R Heater! Ride the Wave! Giveaway details tomorrow!

7Zv66jh.png

Looks interesting.

What about cleaning? Can it be flushed with alcohol?

My mother was the type that cleaned her daily cleaned house, the Thursday evening before her housekeeper arrived. That was when my mom and dad both worked. I too, get a bit compulsive when it comes to clean. The ELEV8 looks great clean. Just a thought, what about black glass?

Robert-in-YEG

"It could be ventured to understand obsessive compulsive neurosis as the pathological counterpart of religious development, to define neurosis as an individual religiosity; to define religion as a universal obsessive compulsive neurosis."
~ Sigmund Freud

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Looks interesting.

My mother was the type that cleaned her daily cleaned house, the Thursday evening before her housekeeper arrived. That was when my mom and dad both worked. I too, get a bit compulsive when it comes to clean. The ELEV8 looks great clean. Just a thought, what about black glass?

Robert-in-YEG

"It could be ventured to understand obsessive compulsive neurosis as the pathological counterpart of religious development, to define neurosis as an individual religiosity; to define religion as a universal obsessive compulsive neurosis."
~ Sigmund Freud
It can indeed be flushed with alcohol. Cleaning is very easy. And the Elev8r delivers amazing huge clouds of tasty vapor.
I’ve been looking for a desktop with a small footprint to handle bigger doses and I finally decided to get the PID controller and kit from @Sneaky Pete and turn the Elev8r into a desktop. It will save me money and I already know how well it works with a torch, and using a coil to heat should make the experience even better.

howie105

Looks interesting.

Robert-in-YEG

~ Sigmund Freud
At the end of the night I tear down my pieced together ELEV8R, flush all the parts in an ISO and water rinse except for the coil and heater body. Those parts are on the clean air side of the load, so they don't require as much cleaning and wetting down an opened ended coil just doesn't appeal to me. Good Luck

beyond6strings

My E Elev8r kit from @Sneaky Pete arrived on my door at 6:54am. :cool:

By 7:20 I had it unboxed and set up, and heated up to 710. Had a blend of Hawaiian Haze CBD and Blue Dream and I was blown away.

I got some 4mm Quartz terp pearls in the afternoon and put about 8-10 in the heater. Turned the temp down to 550 and got much better results. It’s exactly what I wanted. Desktop performance at half the price of most desktops.

beyond6strings

I can’t believe I waited so long to electrify my Elev8r experience. It’s really the perfect desktop for me.

Very small footprint, can micro or macro dose easily, heats up very quickly, and the flavor and effects are what I’m looking for.

I’ve settled on 575 on the PID. Waiting on a Mega Globe with XL mouthpiece from @Sneaky Pete to complete the setup. But I don’t have to wait too long. Gets here Thursday. And I’ve ordered a backup heater from 7th Floor cuz it’s better to be safe than sorry.

anda1anda2

Do you guys sip?or rip? I find I get denser vapour ripping. Here a little demo
Dumb question. I get an age restriction error when I try to click on the link. Do I have to create a YouTube account to get around it?

anda1anda2,

Ripstar

Got my first coil burn the other night after one too many bowls. I was sitting on the desk chair, it tipped over right onto my hand, and sat there for a bit. Be careful out there friends 😂 I got a nice 3rd-degree burn. My skin was still on it the next day😂 Still in love with the DCE though.

Exsmoker

Plant Manager
You guys inspired me to finally upgrade my Elev8R from a torch to a coil and controller. I ordered an inexpensive one on Amazon the other day, but I found interesting the price difference in the case colors. The black one was $99.99 and the silver one was $85.99 ($89.99 today). Being cheap, I grabbed the silver one, and they even gave me free next-day shipping too.

This thing is amazing compared to a torch. Last night I filled the heater with boro beads and began practicing… and about melted my face off while dialing in the temps and all, haha.

anda1anda2

I’ve been using the torch Elev8r for probably 2 months. I fricking love it. I love the airflow. So many vapes are way too tight. This one feel like taking a real rip, especially hooked up to a bong. And the taste…jesus…. If you time the
Torch right some of the rips can rival the taste of a rosin dab. Good shit. One of my favorite purchases to date.:rockon:
40DB8F69-151F-4CF0-AF10-23451C95E360.jpeg

fangorn

Hello guys,
i have a stupid question ...
if the coil is tight enough but loose enough, can you heat, put the coil, then vape ...? or does the coil have to stay attached to the heater while vape? i don't intend to use water with this ...
I therefore imagine that it is easier to vape with a "stick" if the coil is placed on a support ...
Thanks in advance !

fangorn,
Top Bottom