• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The ELEV8R from Elev8 Vehicles

Want to try it out?

• Yes

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Old_muel

Thanks for that info about the voltage converter/transformers @west-elec & @Vapenvy , exactly what I wanted to know & have decided to avoid that route & wait for the 220v enails to come in for the sake of reliability (less to fail) & also electrical efficiency (looking to off-grid solar in future so every bit counts), transportability & not wanting possible fan noise, vgoodiez did say that the coils max out at 100w though so a 150w transformer is what you'd want for the job, good idea about grabbing the heater locally first too @west-elec nearly did that but decided to exercise my zen patience & wait to get it all in one with heater fitted & ready to go, should be ok with ol faithful vapcap till then, & on the bright side tolerance will be way down for elev8r to belt me round even harder;).
Been wondering how long at a time you guys leave yours switched on & ready to rip, ya don't have to switch it off after a sesh then in a few hours wait for it to heat up again right? Do you turn the temp down or anything between seshes? I'm thinking I can leave it on all day at temp & just come back whenever & rip at will, is that right? I'm sure I've read that some of you leave it on all day without problem but have zero experience with eails & coils & just wanted to double check that.
Hey if anyone wants to recommend a cheap small-ish glass piece from DHgate that would go well with this beast that'd be dope, always liked the look of those D-020's you all seem to have do they pair good with elev8r?
Also keen to play with loading smaller amounts, found these on eBay for starters https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-18mm-Female-To-14mm-Male-Reducer-Adapter-Connector-Clear-Glass-Lab-Tool-L/284018575082?_trkparms=aid=1110006&algo=HOMESPLICE.SIM&ao=1&asc=20201210111314&meid=0b1bfd4ea9c14325a03dba868169d0e7&pid=101195&rk=3&rkt=12&mehot=co&sd=142176715934&itm=284018575082&pmt=1&noa=0&pg=2047675&algv=SimplAMLv9PairwiseUnbiasedWeb&brand=Unbranded&_trksid=p2047675.c101195.m1851 this looks like the narrower ones you guys have talked about right? Sorry about all the questions I'm hyped though & counting down the days till getting elev8ted!

Last edited:

west-elec

Thanks for that info about the voltage converter/transformers @west-elec & @Vapenvy , exactly what I wanted to know & have decided to avoid that route & wait for the 220v enails to come in for the sake of reliability (less to fail) & also electrical efficiency (looking to off-grid solar in future so every bit counts), transportability & not wanting possible fan noise, vgoodiez did say that the coils max out at 100w though so a 150w transformer is what you'd want for the job, good idea about grabbing the heater locally first too @west-elec nearly did that but decided to exercise my zen patience & wait to get it all in one with heater fitted & ready to go, should be ok with ol faithful vapcap till then, & on the bright side tolerance will be way down for elev8r to belt me round even harder;).
Been wondering how long at a time you guys leave yours switched on & ready to rip, ya don't have to switch it off after a sesh then in a few hours wait for it to heat up again right? Do you turn the temp down or anything between seshes? I'm thinking I can leave it on all day at temp & just come back whenever & rip at will, is that right? I'm sure I've read that some of you leave it on all day without problem but have zero experience with eails & coils & just wanted to double check that.
Hey if anyone wants to recommend a cheap small-ish glass piece from DHgate that would go well with this beast that'd be dope, always liked the look of those D-020's you all seem to have do they pair good with elev8r?
Also keen to play with loading smaller amounts, found these on eBay for starters https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-18mm-Female-To-14mm-Male-Reducer-Adapter-Connector-Clear-Glass-Lab-Tool-L/284018575082?_trkparms=aid=1110006&algo=HOMESPLICE.SIM&ao=1&asc=20201210111314&meid=0b1bfd4ea9c14325a03dba868169d0e7&pid=101195&rk=3&rkt=12&mehot=co&sd=142176715934&itm=284018575082&pmt=1&noa=0&pg=2047675&algv=SimplAMLv9PairwiseUnbiasedWeb&brand=Unbranded&_trksid=p2047675.c101195.m1851 this looks like the narrower ones you guys have talked about right? Sorry about all the questions I'm hyped though & counting down the days till getting elev8ted!
Check with vgoodies because my cheapie from China has an automatic shutoff 90 minutes max, and it is a pain in the arse. I'm pretty sure the ones vgoodies sell has a setting to override any shutoff.
No problem leaving on all day otherwise and helps to heat soak, but you'll want a sunny day when you go solar. 🌞
Mine is pretty quick to heat up though, maybe 2 or 3 minutes for the coil to get to temp then another 2 or 3 and you are good to go. If you aren't in a rush it heats up about the time it takes to select your material, grind and prepare your bowl.
I must have missed the discussion on reducers but I can't see how that will help with anything. Just going to reduce the airflow but the bowl area is the same size. You can use the existing elev8r bowl with pretty small amounts, the style of heating isn't fussy about load size, just barely covering screen is maybe less than 0.1g and that will work fine.
I like small volume glass pieces for vaping because you just have to suck down all that volume of empty air before the vapour gets through. For the coil elev8r you want a vertical down stem, but be careful with smaller 14mm pieces, they can be too close to your face and set your hair on fire. 🔥 Mobius style or similar look ergonomic. I just use glass hammer pipes nowadays, perfect size and great cooling, but it is a 2 hand operation. I never use water, steals taste and not needed for cooling.
You are more patient than me, still reckon you should get a torch kit now. Bunnings sell the tradeflame butane torches for about $30. I really like the torch experience, while I'm sure you will want the coil too, you will probably still use the torch occasionally as well and then you have a spare bowl and heater if you have a disaster later on, always a possibility with glass.

arb

Semi shaved ape
Anyone else having problems with their disorderly conduction pid being honky?
Mine seems about 160 degrees off on the the reading will say 500 but it really at 660.
Once turned on and at temp the number on the pid never changes even though their are obviously large temp swings as measured with a ir gun and observation.
Zero issues with the dabpress pid do the boxes have tech issues also?

arb,

Therapy

Greetings all. Been lurking on the site for a few months now and finally got around to creating an account.

I've just ordered the Elev8r rig kit on the back of all the glowing praise on this thread and was wondering if you think this torch would be suitable for it...

Champ High Tataki butane torch

It has a double jet flame that reaches 1400°C and one of the sellers sent me this video demonstrating the flame size at maximum...

Do you think this will be powerful enough to get good results with the Elev8r or should I invest in a Blazer Big Shot or propane torch instead?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
I picked this up a few days ago, 20 seconds are enough to heat the heater. First hit got me coughing hard.

west-elec

I don't have any experience of the bowl without the glass screen, but, while I expect the glass screen makes cleaning more frequent it's really not difficult. Just a quick iso soak and a rinse and all is good.
The big difference is in how dirty your rig gets. With the screen version you don't get the little particulates through, which is important if you use it dry, like a j hook. If you don't want to be inhaling bits...

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
The big difference is in how dirty your rig gets. With the screen version you don't get the little particulates through, which is important if you use it dry, like a j hook. If you don't want to be inhaling bits...
Agreed! I love the wand! Phnaarrr! I use a super fine screen in the bowl too.

mixchu69

Anybody using any other bowl for the elev8er? I have the one with metal screen and is not easy to clean because of the curve at the base of the wpa. I know there is the glass wpa but don’t want to pay $40 for a bowl

howie105

Anybody using any other bowl for the elev8er? I have the one with metal screen and is not easy to clean because of the curve at the base of the wpa. I know there is the glass wpa but don’t want to pay $40 for a bowl

mixchu69

Just wish the bowl was straight, without the bulge in the middle. That’s the area where I get my buildup. Maybe need a better brush (accustomed to the S&B brush for cleaning all my vapes)

davap84

Just wish the bowl was straight, without the bulge in the middle. That’s the area where I get my buildup. Maybe need a better brush (accustomed to the S&B brush for cleaning all my vapes)
An ultrasonic cleaner may be your solution. 3mn and your bowl and your screens will be in pristine condition.
Anyway, brushs like S&B are okay for a quick and easy cleaning.

Warpdrive

I'm sitting here wondering wtf you guys talking about, dry pipes and crumbs in your mouth 🤔 after all, I use my Zob bubbler dry more than wet as a J hook. And sure, with the all glass screen bowl I do have a few brine shrimp floating around at times but not like you guys say. Then it hit me. I stir the bowl off of the pipe and in my hand. Only in videos do I stir on the pipe. And even in some videos I still do it out of habit. So boys and girls, today we learned that to reduce sea monkeys in your water of your pipe with the all glass screen bowl, please stir off of the pipe and in your hand for closer inspection and administration of how your last hit was. 🤓

Warpdrive,

Razshiro

YOu can try the Arizer extreme Q bowl if you have a Male rig or an adapter 18/18mm male, it's working great with my Elev8R or my G43..... The Herborizer bowl should work too(and it's 14mm or 18mm Male) but it's more expensive ;)

Last edited:

Paperback Writer

Im a Rastaman not a Dreadlock
@mixchu69 I saw a @AWistfulNihilist on youtube and he was rocking a lotus wpa for the bowl. I def want to try

Hey lovely people, I just picked up an E43 kit and I love it. Haven't had a desktop in sometime, but playing around with it last night I got super toasted @420 and had to cut my experimentation short :) I need to go start reading this thread from the beginning but so far it was intuitive and pretty easy.

Howdy everyone, my bad on the double post but I had to come on here and express how much I'm enjoying this thing!

I just took two rips @450 and currently on another level. Cheers

nonamekevin

There was some directions included but nothing complicated. Basically it said start at 300 let heat soak for 10 minutes and then adjust.

Super straightforward
After two rips at 420, how dark is your material?

I had a budget nail/controller, and I had it between 775-815 to clear a bowl in one. Someone mentioned that the controller probably wasn't calibrated, and that I wasn't actually at 815, so I'm interested to hear others temps.

:rockon:

Paperback Writer

Im a Rastaman not a Dreadlock

I had a budget nail/controller, and I had it between 775-815 to clear a bowl in one. Someone mentioned that the controller probably wasn't calibrated, and that I wasn't actually at 815, so I'm interested to hear others temps.

@nonamekevin I cant remember but I just blew clouds @450 and it took about 4-6 rips to clear the bowl with just a few pinches of herb....I was pleasantly surprised to see such an even roast on my herb, like bubble hash or coffee. I will snap a pic of my current spent abv and I will try to remember to sesh tomorrow @420f and report back.

When I was researching I was seeing temps about 500 and some in your range but it interested the role of the controller. Have a good night pal

Paperback Writer,

west-elec

I have to run mine over 800 to get those thick quick extraction bowls, equivalent to the FP showerhead uncapped at 650. It's a cheapie Chinese so I disregard the actual numbers and go by the results.

Razshiro

I have to run mine over 800 to get those thick quick extraction bowls, equivalent to the FP showerhead uncapped at 650. It's a cheapie Chinese so I disregard the actual numbers and go by the results.
Same for me, i have a 220v coil/PiD directly from Elev8r and i need to run my PiD too 800-820 for "good hit", my Elev8R heater fit very tight in my coil so idk why i need to put the PiD so high......

@Paperback Writer I've tested yesterday with my Lotus wpa bowl, it's working great, i can even lower my Pid temp to 750 and have great result.... The only downside is you need to hold the Elev8R heater when you take a hit( at least for me because i removed the heater screen^^), it's really good for micro-dosing.

Last edited:

davap84

I've tested yesterday with my Lotus wpa bowl, it's working great, i can even lower my Pid temp to 750 and have great result.... The only downside is you need to hold the Elev8R heater when you take a hit( at least for me because i removed the heater screen^^), it's really good for micro-dosing.
What is your use of the WPA ?

davap84,
Reactions: arb
Top Bottom