• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The ELEV8R from Elev8 Vehicles

Want to try it out?

• Yes

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

west-elec

I haven't read back through the whole thread so sorry if this has been posted before. There is a fool proof way to get your torch timing perfect every time without counting. You need to be in a darkened room so draw the curtains and switch off the light. Where the torch hits the glass it gives off a faint blue glow, at first. As it heats up the glow gets lighter coloured until it starts to glow orange, then cherry red, glowing more as the glass gets hotter. Look closely at the heater and you will see the glow all around the glass where the flame hits as it changes colour.
I look for 1 hit extraction so I heat until I see the tell tale glow turn that steady solid orange but before the strong cherry red glow (cherry red will combust).
Once I think I am at temp I do a simple but very accurate check. If i hold the heater up to my faca about 2 inches from my cheek i can feel the heat glowing strongly and I know I am good to go. If i feel too much heat on the cheek I just wait a few specs before starting the draw.
You can tell the temp with 100% accuracy by judging the colour of the heater glow and by just holding it a certain distance from your cheek and getting to know the right amount of heat you feel. If the hit was too hot then you know the cheek feel should be less intense, or more if the hit wasn't hot enough. Colour and temp are 100% correlated so same colour means same temp every time.
You need a consistent dark room, my small light in my vape lounge (aka the shed) failed and I replaced it with a brighter version and it made it too hard to see the glow so now it goes off when the torch comes on.
I hope this helps some people because with consistent heating this vape should be top of every list. It is easily my favourite. Something cool about analogue user control and all glass. My flowerpot might be less hassle but I prefer the elev8r every time. I also have an enail setup with ruby terp pearls but still prefer the torch setup because it all glass.

SquirrelMaster

I haven't read back through the whole thread so sorry if this has been posted before. There is a fool proof way to get your torch timing perfect every time without counting. You need to be in a darkened room so draw the curtains and switch off the light. Where the torch hits the glass it gives off a faint blue glow, at first. As it heats up the glow gets lighter coloured until it starts to glow orange, then cherry red, glowing more as the glass gets hotter. Look closely at the heater and you will see the glow all around the glass where the flame hits as it changes colour.
I look for 1 hit extraction so I heat until I see the tell tale glow turn that steady solid orange but before the strong cherry red glow (cherry red will combust).
Once I think I am at temp I do a simple but very accurate check. If i hold the heater up to my faca about 2 inches from my cheek i can feel the heat glowing strongly and I know I am good to go. If i feel too much heat on the cheek I just wait a few specs before starting the draw.
You can tell the temp with 100% accuracy by judging the colour of the heater glow and by just holding it a certain distance from your cheek and getting to know the right amount of heat you feel. If the hit was too hot then you know the cheek feel should be less intense, or more if the hit wasn't hot enough. Colour and temp are 100% correlated so same colour means same temp every time.
You need a consistent dark room, my small light in my vape lounge (aka the shed) failed and I replaced it with a brighter version and it made it too hard to see the glow so now it goes off when the torch comes on.
I hope this helps some people because with consistent heating this vape should be top of every list. It is easily my favourite. Something cool about analogue user control and all glass. My flowerpot might be less hassle but I prefer the elev8r every time. I also have an enail setup with ruby terp pearls but still prefer the torch setup because it all glass.
I don't remember who, but someone mentioned this before. I found it was a good way to heat with a torch. I would rotate very slowly stopping on each indent with the flame angled towards the tip of the heater for maximum extraction.

I pulled out my 4mm balled up Elev8r and coil for the last two days and damn does it smack you in the face. Flame or Electricity, the Elev8r can put me down. The taste sits with the best of the best as well, so pure. Glass in heaters is just the best.

Warpdrive

CaptVapor

I used the Blazer Big Shot GT8000 torch on pretty much the lowest setting and my heating time was around 40 seconds.

My GT8000 doesn't seem to have a "lowest" setting, no matter where I turn the knob it's just full on flame. I've always wondered if I have a broken Big Shot? How different is the flame at lowest vs highest?

CaptVapor,
Reactions: BestBuds

Mangu

True i need to quit being superficial this thing rips no doubt.
If you don’t mind sharing....what controller do you use? Also what temp setting? And finally are you using the standard Elev8r bowl with metal screen?

Im trying to tune my settings just right. I managed to get my heater into 700 on the Auber (Which i was afraid would be an issue). But I feel like the heater is harsher on my throat than on the herb. Even having the Elev8r full to the top with boro balls I don’t get any restriction on my pulls, and abv stays pretty light-colored while my throat feels like I sucked on an air fryer :ko:. Looking for a way to apply more of that heat power to the herb inside my bowl before it all flows out Into My rig.

Mangu,

Warpdrive

If you don’t mind sharing....what controller do you use? Also what temp setting? And finally are you using the standard Elev8r bowl with metal screen?

Im trying to tune my settings just right. I managed to get my heater into 700 on the Auber (Which i was afraid would be an issue). But I feel like the heater is harsher on my throat than on the herb. Even having the Elev8r full to the top with boro balls I don’t get any restriction on my pulls, and abv stays pretty light-colored while my throat feels like I sucked on an air fryer :ko:. Looking for a way to apply more of that heat power to the herb inside my bowl before it all flows out Into My rig.
Slow your inhale a drop and you won't have to turn up the temps is one way of doing it. I get excited sometimes myself and inhale gets too fast or too slow. I sometimes have to tell myself to just chill out and inhale normally.

GoldenBud

if you can inhale slowly, you even can use 2 honest small torches, each aiming to another pore of the heater (but change positions from time to time). 40 seconds and you'll have a tasty slow rip.. (i did it when the elev8r was already set on the bubbler, hard to use 2 torches and holding it ofc... :lol: :brow: )

Last edited:

Mangu

Slow your inhale a drop and you won't have to turn up the temps is one way of doing it. I get excited sometimes myself and inhale gets too fast or too slow. I sometimes have to tell myself to just chill out and inhale normally.
Haha. I thought I was already doing that....but gave it another try anyway “for science”.

Don’t get me wrong - it has it’s very strong points (“E43” setup in my case). Flavor is absolutely pure, I can get vapor for what seems like forever, the bowl is larger than most any vape {except maybe volcano and a couple others} and it’s definitely impossible for me to accidentally combust with this thing.

That last one though is what’s kinda annoying me....I don’t want to combust, but I like to get my load closer to that level of roast and I just can’t seem to make it happen with my coil setup even though I feel like it should be easier because this thing is HOT and packed to the brim with hot balls! My opinion is that the bowl is the week point - not sure if just the overall form of the glass OR what I really think is the problem which is that the bowl is too “long”: Between the screen and the top joint (where the heater is loaded into) it feels like there’s way too much space for the heated air to travel, causing it to become too cooled before it actually reaches the material.

I’ve seen people use other glass adapters instead of the Elev8r ones and Im hopeful that one of those third-party ones is what I need to find in order to get the results i want. Or maybe one of the glass-screen adapters could work. I’m looking for a way to trap more of that hot air in the load rather than having it just flow freely into my lungs.

....the search for perfection shall continue. The “VROD” abv roast below is what I want to be able to achieve in less pulls. Right now I can pull on the Elev8r about 10 extremely drawn out slow pulls and the roast is still not even close to that dark.

88840333-9591-4-E1-A-8-FDE-D64-F84536397.png

Last edited:
Mangu,
Reactions: Rab42

Warpdrive

Haha. I thought I was already doing that....but gave it another try anyway “for science”.

Don’t get me wrong - it has it’s very strong points (“E43” setup in my case). Flavor is absolutely pure, I can get vapor for what seems like forever, the bowl is larger than most any vape {except maybe volcano and a couple others} and it’s definitely impossible for me to accidentally combust with this thing.

That last one though is what’s kinda annoying me....I don’t want to combust, but I like to get my load closer to that level of roast and I just can’t seem to make it happen with my coil setup even though I feel like it should be easier because this thing is HOT and packed to the brim with hot balls! My opinion is that the bowl is the week point - not sure if just the overall form of the glass OR what I really think is the problem which is that the bowl is too “long”: Between the screen and the top joint (where the heater is loaded into) it feels like there’s way too much space for the heated air to travel, causing it to become too cooled before it actually reaches the material.

I’ve seen people use other glass adapters instead of the Elev8r ones and Im hopeful that one of those third-party ones is what I need to find in order to get the results i want. Or maybe one of the glass-screen adapters could work. I’m looking for a way to trap more of that hot air in the load rather than having it just flow freely into my lungs.

....the search for perfection shall continue.

88840333-9591-4-E1-A-8-FDE-D64-F84536397.png
I haven't found a need for it yet with flower, but I have used the flavor stones used for concentrates and that will definitely reduce the bowl to 1/5th the hight as the stone sits high in the bowl just under the heater.

LabPong

I’ve seen people use other glass adapters instead of the Elev8r ones and Im hopeful that one of those third-party ones is what I need to find in order to get the results i want. Or maybe one of the glass-screen adapters could work. I’m looking for a way to trap more of that hot air in the load rather than having it just flow freely into my lungs

Yes...this is what will work for you....and you can take all the balls out and be happy! Believe me....I have been doing this for over 2 years now.

👍

Mangu

Yes...this is what will work for you....and you can take all the balls out and be happy! Believe me....I have been doing this for over 2 years now.

👍
@LabPong thanks! Can ya share a link for the one you got? Or you suggesting pretty much any other adapter is typically better-suited? :lol:

thanks for the heads up. I know that this thing should work like I want it to. Just need to find the right parts.

@Warpdrive thanks for the suggestion! I know I have one of those stones from Vapecritic. Definitely worth giving it a shot after I dig it up.

@Rab42 Yes! That lets me know I can get there. Sounds like that’s exactly what I need.

Last edited:

Rab42

I was using a cheap generic 18mm female to 14mm male adapter with a screen very close to the top. The heater was almost touching the herbs, with this setup I only had to draw for a few seconds before my glass was milky.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The elev8r AVB looks pretty good to me, whereas your vrod AVB looks like it’s hot spotting and close to catching on fire.

Does your coil glow on the elev8r while using it?

west-elec

@invertedisdead :cool: Like they say....one man’s trash is another man’s treasure :nope:

btw...no coil does not glow
How tight and well fitting is your coil to the glass heater? If there is not good contact maybe the heater isn't getting all the heat. I had to wrap my heater in stainless wire to pack the gap and get a good heat transfer. I also run at like 760 or so.
Like others have said the amount if heat going into the load is dependant on heat in the glass minus your draw speed. Sounds like you need more heat...you don't need a new bowl you should get great results with the standard if the temp is right.

StinkySmelly

E43 coming in tomorrow from Vgoodiez and I'm stoked. First post here on FC and came here for some tips.

Anyone tried DDave's G5 titanium heater balls? I'm wondering if they would heat up faster, retain heat a little better, and allow you to use lower temps over the quartz pearls. Also thinking they could impact flavor some as more glass is always preferred over metal for taste, so could be a trade off.

Warpdrive

E43 coming in tomorrow from Vgoodiez and I'm stoked. First post here on FC and came here for some tips.

Anyone tried DDave's G5 titanium heater balls? I'm wondering if they would heat up faster, retain heat a little better, and allow you to use lower temps over the quartz pearls. Also thinking they could impact flavor some as more glass is always preferred over metal for taste, so could be a trade off.
I haven't tried the Ti balls yet. No need in my case. For flower I'm running at 555f with nice and relaxing, slow draws for 5 seconds for tasty rich 2 to 3 hit clears. 8 to 10 seconds for lung busting clouds. 580 to 600 for 5 seconds inhales for 1 hit clears. Load size I keep at 0.1 to 0.15 grams.
My nephew two days ago put in 0.4 to 0.5 grams in nugs and sat there at 540f and hit it over and over until he tapped out.

The E-43 is very versatile. Just take relaxing and slow hits (like you are not even trying) and you will get monster clouds.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

Titanium balls in a quartz vaporizer?

Please, my frail heart cannot take much more! 🤢

That would be like putting a Chevrolet motor in a 911 Turbo.

If you’re looking for more than glass at least go for sapphire or ruby. The guy who came up with that idea told me they have even better thermal properties than titanium! :party:

Also, welcome to FC! :wave:
(I’m just busting your titanium balls)

Warpdrive

OK I'm still perfecting my draw speed and technique. I'm down to 520f for today. This beast still kicks my ass at this temperature. 540f used to be my lowest setting. But now I'm good even with this. But I'll probably bump it back up to 555f at some point, as that is insane and I like it. 🙃

I also have some used spare glass coming. I got lucky on ents. 😎

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/ko8jj0

mmx

Does anyone know an EU retailer that sells classic elev8r - the bowl with the screen, not a full glass bowl?

mmx,
Top Bottom