• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The ELEV8R from Elev8 Vehicles

Want to try it out?

• Yes

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Exsmoker

Plant Manager
I recently purchased an Elev8R from the Vgoodiez store, mostly an impulse buy @$55, but I’m happy that I did. I enjoy simple, hands-on vapes, so this fits right in.

The thing that struck me right off is the flavor, more so than my other vapes, even when using a double perc bubbler. I’ve gotten some huge hits - I just need more practice with the torch to dial in the best flame size and heating times. But that’s okay, I think it’s a fun vape to experiment with. :)

D90A48F5-9DE7-48FC-9E1B-F19B2FE83627.jpeg

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
I recently purchased an Elev8R from the Vgoodiez store, mostly an impulse buy @$55, but I’m happy that I did. I enjoy simple, hands-on vapes, so this fits right in.

The thing that struck me right off is the flavor, more so than my other vapes, even when using a double perc bubbler. I’ve gotten some huge hits - I just need more practice with the torch to dial in the best flame size and heating times. But that’s okay, I think it’s a fun vape to experiment with. :)

View attachment 2867
Thx for the support! The Elev8R definitely works better with a large torch like yours. Cuts the heatup time in half vs a normal dab torch. I don't use the torch much anymore as I prefer the enail but when I did I think I was doing about 30 sec. on initial heatup and 15 sec. for reheat cycles.

kimura

This vape doesn’t deserve to be lurking on page 3.

I was expecting to need to use a slower draw with the coil setup. Turns out that’s old news. Half filled with 3mm boro beads, this thing can absolutely keep up with a brisk draw. In fact it works even better that way because the hot air penetrates and heats all the way through.

It’s a top shelf flower vape IMO. Punches way above its weight, and may be the overall best performance per dollar in a desktop. Nothing really new to report... just feeling the love

an0maly

I've been wanting to try out my Elev8r with 3mm glass balls, but haven't been able to find any in stock. As an alternative, I am tonight trying out ~3-4mm bits of tumbled clear quartz in place of the glass balls. So far this seems to be working pretty well.

SquirrelMaster

I've been wanting to try out my Elev8r with 3mm glass balls, but haven't been able to find any in stock. As an alternative, I am tonight trying out ~3-4mm bits of tumbled clear quartz in place of the glass balls. So far this seems to be working pretty well.
They just came back in stock on Friday at Vapelife.

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: an0maly

kimura

When I added balls, I left it at the same temp that I had been running ball-less, and immediately scorched the shit out of my load. It was pretty dramatic. I had to lower the temp by 100*F to get it to behave. I also started by filling it all the way up with balls, which I do not recommend. It added too much draw restriction and negatively effected flavor. I kept removing balls and trying again until I found a sweet spot, just under halfway full. Play around with it. If you have a lot of draw restriction I’d say you have too many balls in there

curiouscat

When I added balls, I left it at the same temp that I had been running ball-less, and immediately scorched the shit out of my load. It was pretty dramatic. I had to lower the temp by 100*F to get it to behave. I also started by filling it all the way up with balls, which I do not recommend. It added too much draw restriction and negatively effected flavor. I kept removing balls and trying again until I found a sweet spot, just under halfway full. Play around with it. If you have a lot of draw restriction I’d say you have too many balls in there
This happened to me tonight. I acquired some 3mm ruby balls and proceeded to fill the heater right up to the top. I normally run it at 580 but decided to start at 555 and combusted almost instantly. Tried 520 after cleaning my piece and bowl and it brought the load to the verge of combustion and lost all flavour but boy was the hit HUGE! I think I will start at 480 next time.

I'm not sure if it's right to say this but I feel like this performs better than a flowerpot with carb cap.

curiouscat,
Reactions: kimura

Alexis

Hahs, I abandoned my Elev8r use before I ever experimented with balls but this is exactly what I would have instinctively predicted, just as you experienced and certainly this needs to be taken into account and adjusted for when it comes to heating and inhalation technique.

I'm not sure I would say it performs better than the flower pot as such but I think there is definitely a case that the Vapour is much smoother and more less aggressive and irritating for some people to the respiratory tract, with The Elev8r vs the Flowerpot.

Those OG glass heaters were really the magic which inspired the initial craze and love in this vaporizer.

I'm sure having now only quartz heaters myself is partly the reason I have lost interest in using this device.

I love the Flowerpot. But the Flowerpot vapor can be a little irritating to the respiratory tract for some people. The uprising, Herborizer Ti is actually slightly more gentle in that respect for sensitive individuals and also has excellent taste to rival the quartz elevator at least with much greater ease of use and equally good effects in my opinion when used properly.

Those glass heaters though and that unbeatable taste of your herb...mmmmm!☺

Last edited:

kimura

Long story short, you haven’t tried it with balls :cool:

this setup made me realize that glass heaters put out the best quality vapor, which is my highest priority. I’d definitely like to try the herbo. Looks great. but there is something else I’m holding out for :ninja:

curiouscat

Long story short, you haven’t tried it with balls :cool:

this setup made me realize that glass heaters put out the best quality vapor, which is my highest priority. I’d definitely like to try the herbo. Looks great. but there is something else I’m holding out for :ninja:
I agree @kimura. I'd like to know what you're holding out for!? Since even I'm considering upgrading to a more elegant solution someday... maybe Black Friday. But if there's something I should be holding out for then please fill me in.

Anyway, I've since reduced the amount of balls in my elev8r to slightly under half filled and still getting great performance! Been running it at 500 and the amount of restriction is just perfect right now, just rip on it however you like and it gives you milk.

curiouscat,

icecream

Does anyone know exactly how many 3mm or 4mm terp pearls to use to mostly fill the quartz heater (atleast to the 3rd spike)? I need to know how many to buy.

I have really enjoyed my Elev8r, but I want to try the balls mod because I think I would enjoy the added heat retention and airflow restriction. I am still trying to decide between getting 4mm SiC terp pearls from JCVAP, or getting 3mm ruby terp pearls from Greek Glass.

icecream,

Exsmoker

Plant Manager
Last edited:
Exsmoker,

kimura

Does anyone know exactly how many 3mm or 4mm terp pearls to use to mostly fill the quartz heater (atleast to the 3rd spike)? I need to know how many to buy

I have a quartz heater filled about halfway with 3mm boro balls, and I just counted and it's 45 balls. this is still below the 3rd spike, and it works really well. I didn't like the flavor with the heater filled all the way so I took a bunch out. 3mm vs 4mm is probably going to make a big difference in terms of how many you can fit in there. and I haven't tried 4mm so I can't comment on the difference.

Speaking of glass beads, would these high-temp borosilicate beads work? Small quantities at vape stores seem way overpriced to me if I can pay $13.99 per 1000. Then again, this is way more than I would ever use.

looks good to me:huh:

overkill is always better than underkill

icecream

I have a quartz heater filled about halfway with 3mm boro balls, and I just counted and it's 45 balls. this is still below the 3rd spike, and it works really well. I didn't like the flavor with the heater filled all the way so I took a bunch out. 3mm vs 4mm is probably going to make a big difference in terms of how many you can fit in there. and I haven't tried 4mm so I can't comment on the difference.
Thank you so much for the answer! That is a lot more balls then I thought it would take! I don't think I am going to go right now for the 4mm SiC terp pearls from JCVAP, or the 3mm ruby terp pearls from Greek Glass anymore because about 45 of those balls would be pricey. I am going to buy some borosilicate balls from Amazon to test it out first.

icecream,

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
@iloveicecream

I got 3mm boro balls from Amazon and filled my Elev8r about half full. I got the best extraction ever. The hits were much more extended due to the heat retention, and the draw reduction provided by the boro balls made for an improved experience for me.

it’s different and I’ll have to practice to get my technique down, but I love this vape even more now and it’s always been a favorite.

The Elev8r is the most underrated and unappreciated vape on the market. I have two with a third quartz heater just in case.

I still use a torch as I only have room for one desktop, a Ditanium, but the boro balls with a Blazer Big Buddy work incredibly well, and it’s so much fun to use.

GoldenBud

when you got 3mm boro inside - you have to heat it longer right? i got amazing hits after 58 seconds heating with a some torch..without beads

GoldenBud,

kimura

when you got 3mm boro inside - you have to heat it longer right? i got amazing hits after 58 seconds heating with a some torch..without beads
Confession: I have never used a torch on the elev8r :shrug:

I would imagine that you’d need a little more time to heat up the balls

GoldenBud

Confession: I have never used a torch on the elev8r :shrug:

I would imagine that you’d need a little more time to heat up the balls
sounds like you've got it in the way it should be, the right "go big" American type of vape... I really would like it to be added to my setup some day. *with an extra heater because mine is now broken ... ( another reason to pack it with a coil, less chances to break this thing!! )

just need to get a ceramic bowl to hold it while it's hot / idling ... or .. how you contain this while it's on your station and not in use?

kimura

Coil setup is so civilized. You can dial it in exactly how you want it and just leave it on all day/night so it’s ready on demand. I did this with the FP for years and never had a coil or pid fail (knock wood)

just do a little planning to set up a dedicated place to leave it so you don’t knock it over, and take some reasonable measures. Mine is currently resting on an errlectric stand, which is itself sitting on a slab of marble.

Top Bottom