Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mixchu69

I’ve been using the showerhead for the longest time and thought that gave milky hits. I’ve recently been playing with the elev8er andthe torch (25 sec with big shot blazer) and it completely whitewalls my bubbler similar to combustion

Greetings all. Been lurking on the site for a few months now and finally got around to creating an account.

I've just ordered the Elev8r rig kit on the back of all the glowing praise on this thread and was wondering if you think this torch would be suitable for it...

Champ High Tataki butane torch

It has a double jet flame that reaches 1400°C and one of the sellers sent me this video demonstrating the flame size at maximum...

Do you think this will be powerful enough to get good results with the Elev8r or should I invest in a Blazer Big Shot or propane torch instead?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

west-elec

Yeah this will work but you might get better results from a slightly bigger butane or propane torch from a hardware store. They save time and give more easy to read colour feedback because the whole heater heats more or less at once. I like a wider mouth version it covers most of the heater, no need to move up and down, or focus on dimples, just rotate in front of the torch free standing. My local version, cheap and effective.
https://www.bunnings.com.au/tradeflame-220g-butane-power-gas-heating-torch_p5910232

Consolidated21

Mediterranean
Hi guys, I finally pulled the trigger for elev8r two or three days ago.
Thanks to @davap84 ... for turning me in the right direction.
Really very friendly, 89 euros - the discount code works - yesterday he sent me the tracking number.
I'm looking for a lighter now, I already have a triple flame cohiba, but something bigger would be useful. The blazer 8000 costs 99 euros here, but it's a little overkill..... for my wallet now ....

Cheers - sipping homegrown Zamaldelica.

ive got a cheap amazon creme brulee torch that looks worse than that and its a little slow but works fine.
I was looking at a few of the cheapo Amazon chef torches but worried I'd be looking at 1 min+ heating times, how long is it taking you to reach temp with that?

Yeah this will work but you might get better results from a slightly bigger butane or propane torch from a hardware store. They save time and give more easy to read colour feedback because the whole heater heats more or less at once. I like a wider mouth version it covers most of the heater, no need to move up and down, or focus on dimples, just rotate in front of the torch free standing.
Oh okay, from reading posts here I got the impression you needed to hit the dimples precisely to get good results. Do you think this one would be suitable?... https://www.toolstation.com/auto-blowlamp/p43245

Or even this MAPP torch, although I'm slightly concerned it might even get too hot and crack the heater (reaches 2000°C!)... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TT2000-Blow-Torch-Mapp-Gas-Propane-Gas/174545166223

And then there are a few Big Shot clones I found...

Or I could always bite the bullet and get a genuine Big Shot - that seems to be the most mentioned torch here.

Decisions, decisions, decisions

nonamekevin

I was looking at a few of the cheapo Amazon chef torches but worried I'd be looking at 1 min+ heating times, how long is it taking you to reach temp with that?

Oh okay, from reading posts here I got the impression you needed to hit the dimples precisely to get good results. Do you think this one would be suitable?... https://www.toolstation.com/auto-blowlamp/p43245

Or even this MAPP torch, although I'm slightly concerned it might even get too hot and crack the heater (reaches 2000°C!)... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TT2000-Blow-Torch-Mapp-Gas-Propane-Gas/174545166223

Or I could always bite the bullet and get a genuine Big Shot - that seems to be the most mentioned torch here.

I got one of those Amazon chef torches and it didn't work for me. I wouldn't waste my time with those.

I think you're right about the Mapp gas, as the instructions from elev8 say not to use Mapp. Those instructions might have also been a carryover from the Boro days, I don't know.

I only use my Elev8r around the house, so I use a version of the butane torch you listed. If the torch is dedicated for the elev8r, it will last you a long time. I typically put the flame on the lower end and slowly heat for 30-45 seconds, but you could torch the shit out of it and then let it heat soak and cool a bit before using.

If you want to use the elev8r out and about, a lot of people seem to like the big buddy, but I don't have any direct experience. I've used a small triple flame torch on high when out and about. It takes a while to heat up, and it's portable, but you're only getting a few heat cycles from a full torch.

:rockon:

west-elec

Those propane ones might be a bit much and when they point up it will require you to hold torch in one hand and I prefer to have the torch sitting so i can rotate the glass in the flame, easier than other way around.
I like that last butane one best. Or the big shot knock off looks good.
With bigger torch no need to focus on dimples, your flame should cover the whole area. I don't count but less than 45 sec from cold, maybe 30 secs subsequent heatups. Probably less.

MedicinalMonkeyWrench

Greetings all. Been lurking on the site for a few months now and finally got around to creating an account.

I've just ordered the Elev8r rig kit on the back of all the glowing praise on this thread and was wondering if you think this torch would be suitable for it...

Champ High Tataki butane torch

It has a double jet flame that reaches 1400°C and one of the sellers sent me this video demonstrating the flame size at maximum...

Do you think this will be powerful enough to get good results with the Elev8r or should I invest in a Blazer Big Shot or propane torch instead?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
This is what I've been using
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0875VZ74J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

45 second initial heat up and 25 second reheats, aiming at the dimples.

The first few times a friend used it, I'd say 45 seconds heat up to him without explaining any technique, he'd then proceed to waft the flame left to right on a vertical heater and 45 seconds was never enough.

Trigger start for 1 handed operation. I strapped a cheap Casio watch around the bottom of the handle because I'm too lazy to count.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I'd recommend a blazer, I replaced a dodgy cheap kitchen torch with one and it's a much better experience. It reduces the heat up time to about 25 secs max with 10 to 15 sec reheats. As @west-elec said, It's also easier to use the colour of the flame sluff to judge the temperature with the wider flame of the blazer.

I use this one, the big buddy:

angular ocelot

maybe less if you aim at the dimples ONLY? my torch is some 230-T low budget "big" torch, it was 1 min max for great extraction
im in no rush. its quicker when its just been refilled. id like a better torch but this one does me til i have the money for something better but its not a priority.

angular ocelot,

SquirrelMaster

Oh boy did I just make a mistake. I underestimated the power of IG-11 (the name of my electric ballin' Elev8r) and it whooped me. I thought I loaded up some strong CBD bud but apparently I mixed up the grinders lol. I am really really high right now. I love this vape, it has a fast heat up considering how hard it hits while not killing the flavour. If it wasn't such a burn hazard it would be hands down my favorite but it still kicks ass none the less and just has to be used appropriately.

nonamekevin

Oh boy did I just make a mistake. I underestimated the power of IG-11 (the name of my electric ballin' Elev8r) and it whooped me. I thought I loaded up some strong CBD bud but apparently I mixed up the grinders lol. I am really really high right now. I love this vape, it has a fast heat up considering how hard it hits while not killing the flavour. If it wasn't such a burn hazard it would be hands down my favorite but it still kicks ass none the less and just has to be used appropriately.
I tell people that it's kinda scary how strong it is. Like a 10lb sledge to the face, out of a little bit of material.

I only use my Elev8r around the house, so I use a version of the butane torch you listed
Yeah I'd only be using it at home too. I think I remember from reading the thread you have the Blusky torch? My only concerns with the Big Shot clones are safety and longevity going by some Amazon reviews so I might just wait til 4/20 in the hope of getting a deal on a genuine one

I use this one, the big buddy
How does the flame size on your buddy compare with the video I posted of the Champ High at the top of this page? I see it's a similar price on VF but they only have it in shocking pink so perhaps it's time to get in touch with my feminine side :lol:

Spoilsbury Toast Boy,
Reactions: Cheebsy

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
How does the flame size on your buddy compare with the video I posted of the Champ High at the top of this page? I see it's a similar price on VF but they only have it in shocking pink so perhaps it's time to get in touch with my feminine side :lol:

Man! It's really hard to tell for sure, It looks slightly narrower and slightly less powerful because the flame bends upwards in that video, the blazer flame is perfectly straight. I'll bet it's available elsewhere... I'm sure I saw it when I was buying, I'll try to find one

Cheebsy,

nonamekevin

Yeah I'd only be using it at home too. I think I remember from reading the thread you have the Blusky torch? My only concerns with the Big Shot clones are safety and longevity going by some Amazon reviews so I might just wait til 4/20 in the hope of getting a deal on a genuine one
20210405-154946.jpg

Typical plumbers torch. It will fit the long tanks like pictured, as well as the short tanks typically for camping and grills. I can't remember when I got the tank, but it's been a long while with daily use. Cheaper than butane by far.

Therapy

7th Floor confirmed it was not the quartz heater, LCV have not responded yet.

What a bummer.
Just a quick follow up.

LCV replied and it was a mistake because of mislabeling. They refunded the difference.

In the meanwhile 7th Floor offered to send me a quartz heater completely free of charge which arrived today.
That's some real customer service so thank you 7th Floor!

mmx

Just a quick follow up.

LCV replied and it was a mistake because of mislabeling. They refunded the difference.

In the meanwhile 7th Floor offered to send me a quartz heater completely free of charge which arrived today.
That's some real customer service so thank you 7th Floor!

So just to clarify - the LCV Elev8r Rig kit is with borosilicate glass? I'm also thinking of ordering it, but yeah quartz would be better...

Where are you from? I don't believe they would do the same for me, as shipping prices to my country went over the board...

mmx,
Reactions: arb

Therapy

So just to clarify - the LCV Elev8r Rig kit is with borosilicate glass? I'm also thinking of ordering it, but yeah quartz would be better...

Where are you from? I don't believe they would do the same for me, as shipping prices to my country went over the board...
The Rig kit I have no idea about, I bought a heater and bowl separate on LCV.

I am from Belgium.

Therapy,
Reactions: arb
Top Bottom