Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GoldenBud

Mine gets pretty dark and I haven't even got all my timing down pat for maximum clouds. Torch or coil?
Can you please upload pic of your ABV?
I'm using Torch 230-T 65 seconds of heating , ABV still not dark at all
will try 75 seconds

GoldenBud,

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
will try 75 seconds
I can’t until tonight when my next session is. But it does sound like your torch is quite under powered, for nice medium high hits I only have to go 30 second with my big shot torch. You’re not using a torch lighter are you and not something at least a strong as a crème brûlée torch? One thing you can try is going with a slow rotation focusing more time on the indents than the smooth glass. The Elev8r is totally capable of blowing your face off

GoldenBud

I can’t until tonight when my next session is. But it does sound like your torch is quite under powered, for nice medium high hits I only have to go 30 second with my big shot torch. You’re not using a torch lighter are you and not something at least a strong as a crème brûlée torch? One thing you can try is going with a slow rotation focusing more time on the indents than the smooth glass. The Elev8r is totally capable of blowing your face off
It is a good torch but not as the big shot. It is a creme brulee torch yea! after 80s of heating... I'm so lifted
Huge clouds. Huge
I was afraid of combustion but this is not even close to it. great.

curiouscat

will try 75 seconds

Yes as @Bad Dog said, your torch must be underpowered. Using the Blazer Big Shot I can get great results in 20 seconds on full blast, though it eats up the butane so I use it on a lower setting.

I can definitely get it to a dark brown though.

curiouscat,
Reactions: GoldenBud

GoldenBud

ABV
IMG-20200817-181635.jpg

works even better now after the torch is full of butane, 70 seconds works well
edit: 80 seconds of heating caused very dark abv, popcorn taste, thanks for the help for calibration.
(I microdose, with 0.3g It may be less than 65-70 seconds)

Last edited:

thunderstealer1337

The only thing I don't like via enail is the load extracts differently when the screen is clogged. I rotate 3 bowls and clean weekly right when I see the extraction is uneven and my avb is browning in certain areas. And you should be able to get your avb super brown.

After cleaning is absolutely fukn ridiculous terp taste for a few bowls

Chandler

Combed through this thread to find my initial reaction to using a coil with my Elev8r months ago. Couldnt find em. I remember it being a positive experience, but I quickly went back to my g43 n put Elev8r back on the shelf... Popped this bad boy out last night. Needed a soft gentle session for the throat n lungs.

I'm a fool for neglecting this device! I ended up hitting Elev8r all night.
The vapor was cool, tasty, dense. I left the coil on the heater as it heated up, set to 610 on the pid it never actually goes past 540, n only shoots past that when adjusting after a long draw. At that temp, once it stabilized at 540, smooth thick constant vapor. Powerful effects. Blown away.

Glass flowerpot foreal! Felt like I was hitting a wall powered G43!

LabPong

The only thing I don't like via enail is the load extracts differently when the screen is clogged. I rotate 3 bowls and clean weekly right when I see the extraction is uneven and my avb is browning in certain areas. And you should be able to get your avb super brown.

After cleaning is absolutely fukn ridiculous terp taste for a few bowls

Are you stirring every hit? 3 bowls and clogged is fast......

But it is good to have multiple screens ready to swap out so you dont have to clean the bowl out as well. Bowls can hold much longer before cleaning.

LabPong,
Reactions: Tweakz

Chandler

Tried a different strain last night. Very sticky, very different results from the previous day. Had to turn up the pid to about 700 which made it stabilize at 600... Nice vapor. At 610 on the dial vapor was very wispy...

So. That made me think nows the time to add some glass beads. Emptied my broken G43 think they're 3mm balls n put em all in... Will report back with results! Same sticky strain

*EDIT*
WOW. pid set to 610. stabilized at 540. Instant vapor. Thick as fuck. 1 long draw with cleanup.
Too the tip of combustion! Wasn't tying to go that far but trials and errors! The resulting vapor was kinda gross but incredibly and surprisingly smooth. More tests. Turning the pid way down!

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

I picked up jewelry store 4mm quartz beads yesterday but they did not survive a torching so time to find something else. I thought these balls were cheap and easy to produce but the only ones with high temperature documentation are really expensive.

SquirrelMaster,

GoldenBud

I picked up jewelry store 4mm quartz beads yesterday but they did not survive a torching so time to find something else. I thought these balls were cheap and easy to produce but the only ones with high temperature documentation are really expensive.
Maybe boro glass beads are also ok because they are small and shperes so retain hot better? or acting better
I mean I took my beads out, because I focus my torch on the 4 "holes" on the heater
but I think boro beads will be find under the 4 "pins"
I only had 5 beads of 3mm in my heater, but after i understood how to torch the heater I get great results without the beads.

SquirrelMaster

Maybe boro glass beads are also ok because they are small and shperes so retain hot better? or acting better
I mean I took my beads out, because I focus my torch on the 4 "holes" on the heater
but I think boro beads will be find under the 4 "pins"
I only had 5 beads of 3mm in my heater, but after i understood how to torch the heater I get great results without the beads.
The only Boro beads I can find are very expensive, at least in decent quantities. I won't use soda lime and some Boro I've come across has lower temperature ratings which I assume is a lower grade. I'm learning a lot about glass in my search at least.

Last edited:

curiouscat

The only Boro beads I can find are very expensive, at least in decent quantities. I won't use soda lime and some Boro I've come across has lower temperature ratings which I assume is a lower grade. I'm learning a lot about glass in my search at least.

Hmmm, the only thing I can think of is to use terp pearls.

The price here seems reasonable.

If you google "4mm terp pearls" I did notice some retailers saying not to apply direct flame to terp pearls as the thermal shock can crack them.

Is it wrong to think that if it doesn't crack when heated within the elev8r and if there's no off-gassing when the elev8r is heated beyond operating temps then it should be okay?

GoldenBud

I wonder how dark people go with their ABV in the ELEV8R? like, I know the bowl is 80% when the top layer (0.2g at all in the bowl) has the popcorn smell, but is it possible to get dark even ABV like conduction device? I doubt?

edit: torch 230T, 65 seconds heating only in the 4 dents, clean huge clouds like the glass symphony or smth

Last edited:
GoldenBud,

Chandler

Whoooo. Alright. After a few days experimenting, I've found my sweet spot.

but is it possible to get dark even ABV like conduction device? I doubt?
In my previous post I had mentioned that at 610 on the pid with glass balls in the heater, I almost combusted. Had to wash my glass n screens cause of that session. The avb was dark dark brown almost black. Gross.

So from 610 on the pid which would stabilized at 540. I'm now down to 405. It goes to 405 n stays steady as it should.
Performance. Off the charts. The glass beads.. I dunno if it's 'better' with than without because I didn't experiment enough without, but the low temp speaks for itself. I take a long 10-20 second draw, fill my lungs to max n clear the bowl. The vapor is thick, dense, powerful, smooth, and tasty. A+++ clouds. Hands down Amongst the best I've tried.
Solid repeatable, consistent results.

After 3 draws the avb is light brown but definetly spent. More draws could be taken, but I'm done at
that point. At 410 on the pid, with that small increase I'll get two powerful draws, 1 if I can handle it, can also bring it close to combustion. 405 seems perfect so far for most strains.

Just recieved a a new glass bowl for my FP which
I've been highly anticipating, especially to compare to my Elev8r setup. I'm not sure when I'll test drive that bad boy. Elev8r is king of the hill round these parts right now!! Gotta get some backup parts!

Last edited:

GoldenBud

Whoooo. Alright. After a few days experimenting, I've found my sweet spot.
Found it too with my torch. Draw speed is very critical. I can heat for 45 seconds for a slow draw, and 65 seconds for very fast draw.
amazing taste with 45 seconds torching the 4 "holes"
big clouds at 45s, huge clouds at 65s

i combusted 5 times in 3 three days because of not paying enough attention to the draw speed

edit: somebody, or maybe @Hippie do you know how can I get the microbowl 18F to 14M in EU ?
I get amazing results just with 0.1g or less, I don't need the big bowl
thanks

Last edited:

Chandler

I'm using a pair if mini tongs to pull the heater on and off. I'll be extremely content when I figure a better safer method.

I'm wondering how long the glass balls and heater can withstand the constant heat from the coil? I might take a draw then return an hour later when I hear my pid click off, or even longer. But a long time be passing between draws!

This device is awesome, really enjoying the vapor quality.

GoldenBud

I'm using a pair if mini tongs to pull the heater on and off. I'll be extremely content when I figure a better safer method.

I'm wondering how long the glass balls and heater can withstand the constant heat from the coil? I might take a draw then return an hour later when I hear my pid click off, or even longer. But a long time be passing between draws!

This device is awesome, really enjoying the vapor quality.
i use the mini tongs and put the heater on my grinder, to cool it down abit..
i don't think there's a good way to pull the heater down, maybe using an oven's big glove? but it's annoying each time to wear it on

amazing vapor quality, clean, no coughness and alot of vapor from minimum amount
@Chandler try using kief inside of the bowl, just a tiny amount. so good

Last edited:
GoldenBud,
Reactions: Chandler

SquirrelMaster

Hmmm, the only thing I can think of is to use terp pearls.

The price here seems reasonable.

If you google "4mm terp pearls" I did notice some retailers saying not to apply direct flame to terp pearls as the thermal shock can crack them.

Is it wrong to think that if it doesn't crack when heated within the elev8r and if there's no off-gassing when the elev8r is heated beyond operating temps then it should be okay?

That's not too bad if they're pure corundum, which I assume/hope they are at that price. Shipping is very reasonable to Canada as well. Two 25 packs would be enough I think. I want to say 40 balls to fill?

As long as the ball material isn't melting and leaving marks on the inside of the heater and they're not cracking then I'm guessing they're ok. My concern is soda lime glass or gems that may have lead.

My paranoia of finding genuine boro or quartz glass has led me to a few different lab quality balls. One of which is Walter Sterns borosilicate balls but the two Canadian retailers VWR and FisherSci both charge a LOT. I mention them because there is an ebay seller Avogadro's Lab Supply that sells the 6mm boro balls for a good price if anyone is looking. I want a few for cooling stems.

I ended up finding a 1lb container of 4mm Kimax KG-33 borosilicate balls which should have 5200 balls approximately :lol: so I'm stocked for future ball vapes. Specs are verified and good for any vaping purpose. It was the strangest thing after I bought them, the price jumped up on the remaining stock and it was an Amazon (not 3rd party) listed item.

I can't wait to complete the final mod to the Elev8r heater :rockon:.

curiouscat

My paranoia of finding genuine boro or quartz glass has led me to a few different lab quality balls. One of which is Walter Sterns borosilicate balls but the two Canadian retailers VWR and FisherSci both charge a LOT. I mention them because there is an ebay seller Avogadro's Lab Supply that sells the 6mm boro balls for a good price if anyone is looking. I want a few for cooling stems.

I ended up finding a 1lb container of 4mm Kimax KG-33 borosilicate balls which should have 5200 balls approximately :lol: so I'm stocked for future ball vapes. Specs are verified and good for any vaping purpose. It was the strangest thing after I bought them, the price jumped up on the remaining stock and it was an Amazon (not 3rd party) listed item.

I can't wait to complete the final mod to the Elev8r heater :rockon:.

Nice! Those look like the best thing for this application. I wish I could find them for cheaper and in lesser amounts! They all seem to be atleast a few hundred bucks for a 500g tub shipped down under.

Was shopping on the sneaky pete store for some random tidbits and saw they had quartz terp pearls which happened to be 4mm. I ended up ordering 15 of them so I could be confident in the integrity of my setup. I'm planning to have it set up like @Glorg's setup pictured a few pages back.

I also found the local vape shop still had some of the old boro heaters for $15 cheaper than the quartz ones ($45 vs $60) so I picked one up for the coil setup. I still wanted to keep the quartz heater for the occasional torch use and I figured the boro heater shouldn't crack from the gradual ramp up in heat from the enail compared to a torch. I hope it works out and doesn't crack.

kimura

just wanted to say, I have no idea why this vape doesn't get more attention. I've got it wrapped up in one of my old newvape 16mm coils and filled about halfway with boro balls, and now it's one of the best desktop setups I have ever used. using an 18mm--14mm adapter as my bowl, putting the screen about halfway up the ground joint. honestly I use it just like my old flowerpot setup and it functions just about the same, but tastes better.

I guess people are worried about breaking heaters? I think the concern may be overblown. I've got mine sitting pretty snug inside the coil and used daily for about a month. I leave it on for hours. I guess time will tell. loving it now

Last edited:
Top Bottom