• Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paperback Writer

Im a Rastaman not a Dreadlock
After two rips at 420, how dark is your material?

I had a budget nail/controller, and I had it between 775-815 to clear a bowl in one. Someone mentioned that the controller probably wasn't calibrated, and that I wasn't actually at 815, so I'm interested to hear others temps.

:rockon:

[url=https://ibb.co/6mrM9D3] [/URL]

@nonamekevin here u go

I seem to have forgot to post images so not sure if this is going to work but I just wanted to say that my bowl at 4:20 I think I over vaped it and perhaps that's why both look similar?

Therapy

I just tried my setup for the first time and I fucking love it.

For some reason I thought I had read here that 550 was a good temperature to start, I fucking combusted my bowl. Surprise bong hit motherfucker!
Shook by the smoke shot and coughing fit, I went to clean my bong and my high ass forgot to put water back in it.

I wanted to try the next run at 420 so I tuned the controller down, waited a few minutes and I took the hit.
Smoothest hit of my life! And this is even before I had realized there was no water in the bubbler.

420 gave me very nice even toasting, color was about a brown paper bag and got me absolutely fucked up. Can't wait to try playing with the temperatures more.

Thanks for all the help guys, it is my new favorite thing in the whole world.

androponic

vaped.
I just tried my setup for the first time and I fucking love it.

For some reason I thought I had read here that 550 was a good temperature to start, I fucking combusted my bowl. Surprise bong hit motherfucker!
Shook by the smoke shot and coughing fit, I went to clean my bong and my high ass forgot to put water back in it.

I wanted to try the next run at 420 so I tuned the controller down, waited a few minutes and I took the hit.
Smoothest hit of my life! And this is even before I had realized there was no water in the bubbler.

420 gave me very nice even toasting, color was about a brown paper bag and got me absolutely fucked up. Can't wait to try playing with the temperatures more.

Thanks for all the help guys, it is my new favorite thing in the whole world.

did you build that coil setup yourself or a kit from elev8 or vgoodiez?

androponic,

Therapy

did you build that coil setup yourself or a kit from elev8 or vgoodiez?

DIY, not much to it though. The coil wrapping is the only work. Hardest part was waiting for all the parts.

Nice stand for the coil.

It came with a soldering iron I bought last week to start on an induction heater for the Dynavap. The universe provided.

davap84

DIY, not much to it though. The coil wrapping is the only work. Hardest part was waiting for all the parts.

It came with a soldering iron I bought last week to start on an induction heater for the Dynavap. The universe provided.
It's a good DIY inspiration, with a dremel and a small inox plate. Congrats to universe.
Currently, i'm using the Lotus WPA for this job. Looking for a project. This one ?

davap84,
Reactions: arb

Cervical CBD

It took me forever, well until I vaped a bowl to figure out how to clip the damn thing. I vaped 1 bowl and felt like I had to torch a lot. I have a bigger scorch torch single flame that I use with my Runt. Would a wider flame help?

Cervical CBD,
Reactions: arb

Warpdrive

@nonamekevin I forgot that I've posted ABV shots after I hit a bowl at different temperatures. Of course again, our temp settings are going to be drastically different because of the different e-nail and the difference in balls vs not. And while I've basically settled into 540f, I may lower it just a bit because now with the Y extension from OGB it's toasting the material a bit more than usual. I hope that this helps in some way.

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/kofc2x
https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/kryhe7
https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/krtbhh

Bellow is at 540f...

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/kt7kf9

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
It took me forever, well until I vaped a bowl to figure out how to clip the damn thing. I vaped 1 bowl and felt like I had to torch a lot. I have a bigger scorch torch single flame that I use with my Runt. Would a wider flame help?
If you want to reduce the time you're torching then definitely a bigger torch will help. IME a wider flame makes it easier to judge the temp by looking at the flame colour.

nonamekevin

@nonamekevin I forgot that I've posted ABV shots after I hit a bowl at different temperatures. Of course again, our temp settings are going to be drastically different because of the different e-nail and the difference in balls vs not. And while I've basically settled into 540f, I may lower it just a bit because now with the Y extension from OGB it's toasting the material a bit more than usual. I hope that this helps in some way.

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/kofc2x
https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/kryhe7
https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/krtbhh

Bellow is at 540f...

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/kt7kf9
Thanks homie, I appreciate it. Those 520 and 540 hits looks just about perfect.

:rockon:

Cervical CBD

If you want to reduce the time you're torching then definitely a bigger torch will help. IME a wider flame makes it easier to judge the temp by looking at the flame colour.

Ok thanks. So far I don’t like it as I use what feels like a lot of butane and don’t get but maybe 1 or 2 decent pulls. Also, is the clip supposed to be so you can pull the bowl off to stir? My clip fits really loose...

west-elec

Ok thanks. So far I don’t like it as I use what feels like a lot of butane and don’t get but maybe 1 or 2 decent pulls. Also, is the clip supposed to be so you can pull the bowl off to stir? My clip fits really loose...
Even with a larger torch you only get 1 or 2 hits per heat cycle, because each hit drop the heater temp, but it will take far less time to heat up again.
The clip should fit firmly so no chance of the heater coming off accidentally. Bend it in slightly if it is loose. Most people stir with a shake (If you have a screen in the heater) or tapping with their hand, while heater stays fitted until bowl is dumped.

Consolidated21

Mediterranean
20210416-172536.jpg

I guess my heater is made of quartz...
Really heavy hitter.
And a question for @Therapy : is your coil 20 mm in diameter?

Consolidated21,

Therapy

davap84

20210416-172536.jpg

I guess my heater is made of quartz...
It is quartz.
I bought this unit from this seller too. Quick shipping in Europe. Very reliable. And happy with it.
But i can't vape at 420° with it. I go from 600° to 720°. Perhaps i have badly made my coil ? But i like it like that.

davap84

Thank you guys , both of you.
@davap84 you caught my next question. For the time you have been waiting for.
I bought it on March 16 and received it in France on March 31. Well, it's not so fast, but for a stoner like me, a lot of things are fast. It was.
You'll enjoy this improvement.

But beware !!! When you'll move your coil with the heater inside, if it's a bit loose, move it upside down or on a parralel axis. My first heater slided from the coil and shattered on the concrete floor. I had the good reflex : No reflex. I let it fall, miserably.
The fall was an epic fumble, but the No Reflex was a critical success.
By movind the coil upside down, the heater will be catch by the edge. No hazard here.

Edit : it was the cheapest price on the market. And the box suplied is fine.

Last edited:

Cervical CBD

It’s ok so far but takes forever to heat up and I get a couple good draws. Debating selling it since I don’t feel like spending more money for a torch...

davap84

It’s ok so far but takes forever to heat up and I get a couple good draws. Debating selling it since I don’t feel like spending more money for a torch...
You may try a coil before selling it.
Like you, i didn't wanted to put money in a torch. I have used a cheap harware troch first. It was fine but as you rightly say, it took forever. And it costed me 3.50€ a week for gas. I'm cheap and i didn't wanted to be taxed each time i used it.
The coil costed me 55€ (2 mouth gas budget) and it's reliable, controllable, and i can eventually use it for dabing.
Torch is okay on real demand vapes like Sticky Brick or Lotus, but it's boring with Elev8r.

Last edited:

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Honestly you guys don't know what you're missing. There is something very special about a torched elev8r, when using a big enough torch anyway. I started with one of the cheap kitchen torches and the time it took was considerable, honestly get a proper torch. If you're expecting multiple hits from one heat up though you'll still be disappointed. That's not what this vaporiser is about.

Top Bottom