Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Warpdrive

After two rips at 420, how dark is your material?

I had a budget nail/controller, and I had it between 775-815 to clear a bowl in one. Someone mentioned that the controller probably wasn't calibrated, and that I wasn't actually at 815, so I'm interested to hear others temps.

:rockon:
I'm using the Disorderly Conduction e-nail from Vgoodiez and I'm zoned in at 540f. Anyplace between 520f and 555f is golden for me and all of my friends regardless of draw speed or length. But there are some who have super fast draw speeds or super slow. Not everyone is going to use the same temps. That's for sure. 600f if using the Stone for concentrates.

Oh, and my material is definitely more on the toasty black side of doneness spectrum, with a few specks of light brown and no green or blond.

nonamekevin

So my 3 mm beads got in today. This is about as full as I can fill it.
Is this enough?

Imo, it's too many, but I'm not a fan of beads in the elev8r. I felt that adding beads killed the free-draw nature of the piece and just took the life out of it.

If I was going to add beads again, I'd only fill half way.

Edit: thanks homies for letting me know about the pid temps y'all are using. Sounds about right, mine was a cheap controller also.

Last edited:

Therapy

Imo, it's too many, but I'm not a fan of beads in the elev8r. I felt that adding beads killed the free-draw nature of the piece and just took the life out of it.

Edit: thanks homies for letting me know about the pid temps y'all are using. Sounds about right, mine was a cheap controller to.
I am waiting for my coil and controller before I can try it out.
I found the Elev8r too open flow when I used it with the torch and no beads, I like some draw resistance.

davap84

Beadless, i think you have more control on air's temperature. In this way, i can iniate the vape slowly and take big inspiration when i feel the bowl is getting too hot. I feel more flexibility like this. (but i have never used beads - i like free air path)

Razshiro

What is your use of the WPA ?
Lotus wpa in place of Elev8R bowl !!

About the boro beads, Elev8R support told me this:
" Adding a bead inside the heater is definitely not something we recommend doing. It adds further heat up time and varying rates of thermal expansion between quartz and boro will cause breakage of the heater. "

nonamekevin

I have 1 on the way. It is my 3rd butane vape and I hope I’ll like it. How is the technique learning factor compared to a Sticky Brick? I have a Runt that I love but I’m still inconsistent with it.
The elev8r is stupid simple, even with a torch. Focus the flame on the heater dimples, heat for 20-45 seconds, draw. That's it. It will take some trials to see how long to heat for your draw speed, but combustion isn't nearly a concern like the runt.

nonamekevin,
Reactions: arb

Cervical CBD

The elev8r is stupid simple, even with a torch. Focus the flame on the heater dimples, heat for 20-45 seconds, draw. That's it. It will take some trials to see how long to heat for your draw speed, but combustion isn't nearly a concern like the runt.

Thank you. I think part of the problem with the runt currently is I’m getting over Covid and it hurts to breathe at times. My SSV is a lot easier for me...

west-elec

Lotus wpa in place of Elev8R bowl !!

About the boro beads, Elev8R support told me this:
" Adding a bead inside the heater is definitely not something we recommend doing. It adds further heat up time and varying rates of thermal expansion between quartz and boro will cause breakage of the heater. "
If you are you are using a torch you don't want beads, but with a coil you need some beads to retain the heat longer. Otherwise you need the temp way high and it takes time to recover between hits.

Edit: thanks homies for letting me know about the pid temps y'all are using. Sounds about right, mine was a cheap controller also.
So do you run your coil elev8r without balls? That would explain higher temps than others are quoting.

west-elec,
Reactions: VGOODIEZ

Therapy

My coil and controller just came in, anyone got some tips on wrapping the coil around the heater?

Therapy,

west-elec

So my 3 mm beads got in today. This is about as full as I can fill it.
Is this enough?

I thought that was sarcasm? 🧐You couldn't squeeze more in there if you tried.
As long as it pulls to your liking then all good. With so many balls you might be able to keep temp a bit lower, but will need longer to heat soak.
My coil and controller just came in, anyone got some tips on wrapping the coil around the heater?
How well does it fit out of the box? If it is just slightly loose you might find it easier to wrap the heater in thin stainless wire to pack it out. I didn't strech mine and it works fine.
If heater is too big to fit you will need to get into it with some big adjustable pliers and a vice. Protect the pliers end with tape and start at handle and work out gradually as you widen and open. Probably go a little oversize until you can just slip it in. Then small adjustments until it's holding without any fear of falling out into your lap- not good 🔥
The wire helps here because you can wrap and knot the ends around the coil so it physically can't fall out. It also helps heat transfer quicker. Good luck.

Consolidated21

Mediterranean
Is the flame you have on the previous page powered by gas or butane / propane?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Consolidated21,

Therapy

Is the flame you have on the previous page powered by gas or butane / propane?
Thanks in advance
origin.png

The tank says butane, the description says it is a mixture of butane and propane.

Therapy

I thought that was sarcasm? 🧐You couldn't squeeze more in there if you tried.
As long as it pulls to your liking then all good. With so many balls you might be able to keep temp a bit lower, but will need longer to heat soak.

How well does it fit out of the box? If it is just slightly loose you might find it easier to wrap the heater in thin stainless wire to pack it out. I didn't strech mine and it works fine.
If heater is too big to fit you will need to get into it with some big adjustable pliers and a vice. Protect the pliers end with tape and start at handle and work out gradually as you widen and open. Probably go a little oversize until you can just slip it in. Then small adjustments until it's holding without any fear of falling out into your lap- not good 🔥
The wire helps here because you can wrap and knot the ends around the coil so it physically can't fall out. It also helps heat transfer quicker. Good luck.
It looked like a pretty close fit but because of the nipple on the heater I’ll have to space the coil anyway.

To return to the beads, how do you secure the bottom screen in the heater? It doesn’t look secure at all.

west-elec

It looked like a pretty close fit but because of the nipple on the heater I’ll have to space the coil anyway.

To return to the beads, how do you secure the bottom screen in the heater? It doesn’t look secure at all.
Mine sits in nice and firm, but glass is variable so yours might be a fraction wider. If you are concerned you might need to get a bigger screen and cut it down and basket over the edges so it jams in good. But if you shake it around and it stays put you are probably ok. If the balls are wedged and don't roll loosely, they are not as likely to push out the screen.

Warpdrive

Yes, I tried the elev8r with balls and quickly realized the draw was too restrictive for me. I can't be the only one who used a coil and no beads though...?
A lot use no balls. Once an old timer is used to the free flow of the original, it's hard to add balls.

I'm lucky in that I didn't try it without balls first, so the extra airflow of the original was nice but I'm now so used to it with balls that without it, it feels strange. 🤷‍♂️

Top Bottom