The Cranberry Reclaim :)

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
A quick search doesn't bring this up so here it is, a neat technique to reclaim oil that's condensed inside your bubbler without using heat or solvents...

I just filled my oily bubbler to the brim with cheap cranberry juice and let it sit overnight. (I had already been using the bubbler with cranberry juice in it for a couple of days).
The following day I could see that the oil was peeling off the walls and stem inside the bubbler! Then I shook/swirled and poured the juice out and into a bowl. Then I poured hot (not boiling) water in the bubbler and repeated once or twice, pouring it all into the same bowl. Along with the liquids, globs of oil were poured out of the bubbler and were now floating on the liquid in the bowl....

It was easy to scoop them out with a spatula-shaped dab tool that was already sticky. The stuff sticks to itself, so you can just gather it into one blob and pick it all out off the surface of the water. I then rinsed the blob of oil on my dab tool with some filtered water just to remove any leftover cranberry, let it dry for a few miuntes, and stuck it straight into my banger for a sizzling dab :D

The result tasted better than heat or solvent-pulled reclaim...and was pretty close to the fresh stuff. Now I have to get the pure cranberry juice (not the cheap sweetened stuff) and do this properly...

I had the idea to try this after reading the comment left by some fine member of this fine forum, where they mentioned that cranberry contains something that stops the resin from sticking to glass!! After using it in the bubbler I noticed that the oil that was already condensed was peeling off the glass, so.....

I'm sure the technique can be refined. A longer soak is the thing to try next, as this 12 hour soak only removed about 70% of the visible oily residues in the bubbler....A larger bowl will reduce the amount that makes it to the walls of the bowl and gets stuck there.... FREE DABS! :mental:

Last edited:
Top Bottom