• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

THe Can Vaporizer

Bouldorado

Here's a vape very few of you have heard of, called "THe Can", it's hand-made in Denver, CO. I don't actually own one, so this won't be a review, should be a good discussion starter though.

THe Can
I came pretty close to buying a used one off craigslist and the only deterrent was its large size. It's basically a square Da Buddha; perpendicular heater cover, analog heat control, and made of aluminum. The only innovations over a DBV are a removable power cord and a whip clip, pretty minor really. Personally, I think it's a bit nicer than the DBV (which I went w/ instead) but i didn't feel it was worth the size increase.

1295740849941385024330.gif

Having only seen one in a dispensary, I would roughly estimate the dimensions to be 5 x 5 x 10.

Thoughts?

Bouldorado,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
A nice find indeed , this guys are competing in the SSV price range. I like the moutpiece and the wand :).Expecially the wide opening of the moutpiece .

Abysmal Vapor,

weedemon

enthusiast
they sound like a cool company. i like their mission statement.

I think their saying are a little too aggressive against the competition for my taste... dirty bags? i harvest the sweet sweet honey buildup with a nice cup of hot chocolate :brow: :ko:

and if you are gonna call it dirty, then the whip will also get dirty fairly quick (if you don't change hose often). also the
efficient sanitary hose system
could be somthing really cool i dont know about? my guess is it's some tubing though just like the rest...

sorry im blazed and being way over critical :p

totally looks like it's made to compete with the dbv/ssv market.

I would totally try it, i bet it's a solid vape :) GonG only ditting by the looks of things. but it comes with the clip to lock it in too. so no tugging out.

their videos are hilarious! the shamwow, and star wars ones were great :) not the most informative, but funny.

weedemon,

max

Out to lunch
Just skimming the home page, it's looks an awful lot like a square DBV. :/

"There is one Can which has been running on high continuously in the Cannavapor workshop for over 2 years." Following the 7th Floor ad path I see. Since they show 4 brick and mortar locations in CO for this model, including the hometown of 7th Floor, it's likely that this company was started by someone that used to make 7th Floor vapes.

"Uses an efficient, sanitary hose system no dirty bags!"So bags get dirty but tubing stays clean? They really must have been desparate for something to list on the benefits page. :rolleyes:

I'd like to know how they can justify this statement- THeCan Vapor Sytem is the leading vaporizer on the market. "leading vaporizer" is pretty vague, but I see no way this claim holds water no matter how you define it.

And as for this claim- "no Chinese parts!"- if it's true then the electrical components (at least some of 'em) are made in some other country with low labor costs. You won't find 'made in the USA' on the resistors and capacitors.

max,

Bouldorado

max said:
Just skimming the home page, it's looks an awful lot like a square DBV. :/

"There is one Can which has been running on high continuously in the Cannavapor workshop for over 2 years." Following the 7th Floor ad path I see. Since they show 4 brick and mortar locations in CO for this model, including the hometown of 7th Floor, it's likely that this company was started by someone that used to make 7th Floor vapes.

also you can customize the colors, just like the silver surfer.

Bouldorado,

max

Out to lunch
Bouldorado said:
also you can customize the colors, just like the silver surfer.
Of course. If you're gonna copy another company's product, you certainly want to take advantage of the marketing pluses.

max,

aero18

vaporist
The square body looks terrible when compared to the sleek cylindrical body of the DB/SSV.

aero18,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Right when I clicked the link I couldn't stop thinking of the Buddha and how similar they are, feel like someone in 7th floor leaked out and started this ha

Elluzion,

Bouldorado

I wanted a whip vape to use with my roommates and ended up purchasing one of these off craigslist. It's funny I started this thread almost two years ago, and bought one today; almost prophecy-like. :D

THeCan:
sBgAtlv.jpg

35ndhjb.jpg

YgQ3yNl.jpg

My living room doesn't have three-prong outlets, so unfortunately it can only be used in the bedrooms, kitchen, or bathroom.

Anyways, this thing is solidly built and comparisons to the DBV are accurate. The biggest differences between this and the DBV are the square body, detachable power cord, and larger heating element. I haven't maxed the temp out, but the temp range is definitely lower than the DBV. It vapes very evenly (more so than the DBV), yet it seems to struggle to fully brown the ABV. There is room to lower the heater cover so it's possible to increase the max temp.

I'm pretty happy with it thus far and don't have any major complaints about the design. Heater cover and wand design are almost identical to the DBV. Instead of a friction-fit, the cover is anchored by a bracket and bolt that goes through to the bottom.

I mentioned size was a deterrent in an earlier post, but now that I own one, that's not really true. I no longer have a DBV for direct comparison, but The Can is not drastically larger.

Bouldorado

I plugged the can into my kill-a-watt and found it uses surprisingly little power. It only pulls 27 watts and .22 amps. In comparison, the HI uses .15 amps and 9 watts while my medium-sized flatscreen pulls 190 watts and 1.47 amps.

Bouldorado,

Bouldorado

Yesterday I picked up a silver surfer with the standard wand (also from craigslist):

2xsnM04.jpg

I wanted to compare it to the can, and also test out the non-GONG connection. Aesthetically, I like the SSV much better. It actually has an artistic element (worked glass pieces) whereas the can is just a colored box. From the picture below, you can see the SSV is definitely smaller. While this is good if you move the vape around a lot, the footprint is pretty similar to the can, so it actually takes up about the same amount of space.

lUVfNsS.jpg

In theory they should function very similarly, although I found this is not the case. As with my previous DBV/SSV/LSV experience, this SSV does not seem to vape very evenly. The first hit came out with a brown spot in the middle, causing subsequent hits to taste a little burnt. I'll play around with a lower temperature and hopefully get the bowls to vape more evenly. In comparison, the can vapes every bowl pretty evenly, but as I mentioned before, it can't really get the dark-brown abv of the SSV.

The SSV came with the hands free attachment (metal clip) but unlike the GONG wand in the DBV/can, it is not truly hands free. It prevents the wand from falling out, but doesn't create a seal, so you still have to use a hand to push it onto the heater cover. Interestingly, the SSV hands free attachment also fits perfectly on the can (presumably on the DBV as well).

The SSV is also more idiot proof in that you can't pull out the wand accidentally and break it. However, the other side of the coin is combustion if the temp is turned up too high (not so idiot-proof). I've never come close to combustion in the can (even at max temp), so I'd guess bowl temp maxes out at ~390. No idea on the SSV max temp but it's well over combustion.

At max temp the SSV uses 33 watts and .27 amps while the can uses 27 watts and .22 amps.

Bottom line:
I only need one whip vape and I value functionality over aesthetics, so the SSV will soon be in the classifieds.

Dr. Plutonious

So you prefer the more even cooking over the power of the SSV? That's an interesting point.

I can't get over how big the can is next to the SSV, especially since the SSV isn't exactly small. Might be keeping my eyes open for the SSV in the classifieds...

Dr. Plutonious,

Bouldorado

So you prefer the more even cooking over the power of the SSV? That's an interesting point.

I can't get over how big the can is next to the SSV, especially since the SSV isn't exactly small. Might be keeping my eyes open for the SSV in the classifieds...

when you put it that way, yeah I prefer the can. Ideally the can would have a boost mode, or at least a higher max temp, so you can get the abv to the level of the SSV.

Bouldorado,
Top Bottom