The blow bong.

Qbit

cannabanana
Ok this is kind of a sick and twisted idea, but I was wondering how effective a bong would be for collecting the exhaled goodies from vapourization. :D Instead of sucking out of a mouthpiece, you would blow into a tube to blow bubbles in the liquid the other end its immersed in. I was going to post this in Beezleb's new efficiency thread, but I felt it needed its own topic.

I well understand that this concept might make some people a bit squeamish - getting baked on product harvested from the breath of someone you're not on intimate terms with might feel a bit icky. But, personally, I don't see too much reason to be bothered in principle by my own exhale-hash.

Of course you wouldn't even need an actual bong, just a piece of tubing running down to the bottom of a bottle of the liquid should do - the thinner and taller the bottle, the better. Ideally you would probably have a very tall, very thin, multi-chamber unit, for maximum filtering with the minimum amount of liquid.

So then I was thinking about what liquid to use. I know water is good for filtering out particulates, but that's not what we're after, so maybe vodka or cooking oil would work better at filtering the cannabinoids out of the bubbles. However, you can't evaporate oil, and vodka is more than just ethanol and water, so you couldn't reduce it to decent vapourhash. And iso would involve too much harmful fumage.

So maybe back to water, if you want to actually reduce to a solid. But then I'm not too sure about the hygene of having a receptacle of water sitting around for days occasionally soaking up the contents of my breath. You know, bacteria and stuff - I don't know much about that, or what might be found in exhalations. :/ Maybe there's a way of counterng any possible problems here.

I guess one good antibacterial would be the vodka again. If that were used, it should produce a variety of golden dragon, though not one that anyone apart from the producer is likely to want to touch. Mind you, I'd prefer something vapable.

Any thoughts?

Qbit,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
keyed...

im trying to watch the wire but i hit the 72 minute mark or whatever on megavideo
is there some proxy I can use or something to get around this?

bluntfaced,

Qbit

cannabanana
Ok I'm thinking that a slightly more palatable solution would involve having a water chamber first and then a vodka chamber. The water would hopefully catch most of the water solubles and airborne things you don't want, and then the vodka would soak up the cannabinoids.

Can anyone tell me exactly why this whole thing might be a really bad idea? I know it might make some people recoil but hey, I say, if you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space (isn't that what the bumper sticker says?). ;) And hey it's not like I've actually done it yet - it's just an idea.

Qbit,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
hehe. I've actually toyed around with this idea... what I did was take a tube, fill it full of cheese cloth. Exhaled into it for a small period of time (three days worth of exhaling).. took the cheese cloth out, soaked it in everclear. Got a small amount of oil out if it.
pretty much took the idea using a tube with dryer sheets too stop smell of exhales, and substituted cheese cloth, lots of it... it works, cant see vape come out the other end, and the cheese cloth gets all gooey with oil
just dont tell people how you harvest it, it does sound kinda gross... "you mean you exhaled this?"

DevoTheStrange,

Beezleb

DevoTheStrange said:
hehe. I've actually toyed around with this idea... what I did was take a tube, fill it full of cheese cloth. Exhaled into it for a small period of time (three days worth of exhaling).. took the cheese cloth out, soaked it in everclear. Got a small amount of oil out if it.
pretty much took the idea using a tube with dryer sheets too stop smell of exhales, and substituted cheese cloth, lots of it... it works, cant see vape come out the other end, and the cheese cloth gets all gooey with oil
just dont tell people how you harvest it, it does sound kinda gross... "you mean you exhaled this?"
Now that brings vaping efficiency to another level. I have read of people exhaling into a high alcohol bottle and I did this for a short bit but quit as exhaling into something after every draw made it into a chore than an enjoyable experience for me and exhaling into an ever clear bottle was not pleasant for me.

I have not seen anyone state any real results as the few that I have seen typically use their alcohol in other applications such as cleaning their wands and whatnot and I have not seen anything state the results of other than generic statements. If you could can you go into detail a bit on your results and what you did. If you feel warranted would you mind posting it in the Optimum Vapist Use or Vapist Efficiency Discussion thread. http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=1577 as I think it would fit the recycling/care aspect overall in context of overall vapist efficiency.

Beezleb,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Can anyone tell me exactly why this whole thing might be a really bad idea?

When you blow in a bong water squirts out the downstem.

Also gross.

bluntfaced,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
bluntfaced said:
Can anyone tell me exactly why this whole thing might be a really bad idea?

When you blow in a bong water squirts out the downstem.

Also gross.
I think for this idea too work one would have too blow through the down stem into an alcohol wash inside the bong itself. but your right, blow into the mouth piece and your gonna get all kinds of stuff out the downstem

DevoTheStrange,

malawigold

Landrace Advocate
Qbit
I have been using a "bottle bong" to the effect that u mentioned as a regular bong with my vapman... it milks solid and i have in fact tried the little experiment you mentioned when i take the vapman off the tube... it works of course as a personal item but i think that it could definitely pose a health risk in any other environment... flu season is not a very good time to try it out either... I like the extra hit you get tho in a personal environment.
About hitting a bong with vodka... NEVER DO IT!!! It burns your throat and doesn't taste good at all... I did it with a vape and it's not even enjoyable.

malawigold,

B.

War Criminal
cheesecloth blowtube = genius. But...I think it'd have to be a private thing.

"Dude, we just got high off of exhaled vapor oil..." seems like a fun prank to play.

B.,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
a friend of mine actually made one using an inch and 1/4 diameter piece of PVC 3 inches long hot glued too an air filter for a painters mask. He used the one that uses stacked pieces of paper filters inside of it.

DevoTheStrange,

Qbit

cannabanana
DevoTheStrange said:
a friend of mine actually made one using an inch and 1/4 diameter piece of PVC 3 inches long hot glued too an air filter for a painters mask. He used the one that uses stacked pieces of paper filters inside of it.
How does he recover the vapour hash then? We're not talking about odour reduction here.

Qbit,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
bluntfaced said:
no really though
There is something too "Soylent Green" aspects to this. I'd run it by a respiritory therapist: what else might you be collecting and spreading? I mean, if a pocket of Legionaires Disease pops up in your town, I'm looking mighty strongly your way.

I commend your thought pattern however. Brain storming is how folks come up with ideas. And shit, what do I know? I'm just another Bozo on the bus. Still, I'm gonna have Daddy Douglas Dreams tonight.

macbill,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Again Macbill... You never cease to make me laugh!!

I was thinking about exhale collection possibilties too and then thought.. It might be okay for just you and you alone but - sharing... Grosses me right out... I'm OCD anyway though so what do I know.

Lo,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Qbit said:
DevoTheStrange said:
How does he recover the vapour hash then? We're not talking about odour reduction here.
You gotta crack open the filter too get too the filter papers... soak them in ISO or Everclear... once your done with this thing you destroy it. Then you have too make a new one. The way I was doing it is reusable.
It is totally gross, but it works, I have harvested nice red hued oils out of the cheese cloth.
and i have gotten pretty baked on the stuff...
only problem... good supply of filter material. Went though all my cheese cloth and have not bought any more too further experiment with this.
my friend spent less than 20 bux and got two painters filters and a good length of PVC too make his.

DevoTheStrange,

Beezleb

Frickr said:
i came across this video, and thought it was sort of a cool idea. sounds a little easier then trying to reextract the goodies from a dustmask. that reminds me to much of the doob tubes use to use in highschool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3m6RfxcLHA
That looks like one very cool party trick. Dont know well it would help in getting high overall but certainly is a cool factor.

Beezleb,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Haha I've done that before just chillinn with a really cold glass. That video was sweet though.

bluntfaced,
Top Bottom