Thc lemonade

Pcloudy

I have some friends requesting some thc lemonade but am at a little bit of a loss.
I cannot find strong enough alcohol here in VA to make a proper tincture to try to infuse sugar.
I have read people infuse honey just like you would butter or oil but I thought it had to be in a fat doe that to work.
I have some infused coconut oil I was planning on just melting down with a simple syrup and lechitin to try and get it mixed together. Would that work? Or would it just seperate as soon as it was chilled?

Nina

thc lemonade sounds gorgeous, we need some strong magic to alchemically muster up water soluble cannabinoids that would save all the messing about with oil, lecithin etc!
Hopefully someone else has some more feasible ideas....

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
One method is to make infused honey, then dissolve in warm water, add lemonade mix and bottle/chill. I make infused honey at 100 mgs THC/tablespoon with concentrate (equal amount of lecithin). So I could take 4 bottles of water, empty in a pot, warm it a bit, dissolve 2 ounces (4 Tablespoon) honey add flavoring, and re-bottle. Ea bottled beverage will have 100 mgs THC. The lecithin "emulsifies" the oil, allowing oil and water to combine. THC won't float to top. Make it whatever strength you want.

Last edited:

Pcloudy

I guess I do have a fair bit of concentrate I could use to make some.i have just always read it's fat soluble so it needs to bind but then I read people just infusing honey so I just wasn't sure. I'll have to experiment a bit and report back

shredder

I guess I do have a fair bit of concentrate I could use to make some.i have just always read it's fat soluble so it needs to bind but then I read people just infusing honey so I just wasn't sure. I'll have to experiment a bit and report back

I made some infused maple syrup that I use in lemonade. I used a concentrate, lecithin, and a little oil. It does separate in the fridge. So I put it in the microwave for 15 seconds. That warms it enough to mix well with a shake. Then I mix it well with lemonade. I'm thinking infused sugar or honey would work at least as well and probably better.

Last edited:

Pcloudy

I unfortunately cant get the good ethanol here in va. I cant even scare up some moonshine at the moment.

FNG

The main issue you have is distributing the oil throughout the carrier
Then holding it in suspension for the duration of its shelf life
Most methods I came across could not hold the oil together in a beverage
Carbonation was nearly impossible
Some recipes for dry edibles would be inconsistent
For example a pan of brownies may be green out level of infusion on one end and nothing at the other end
This is the distribution problem, easily solved for infused oil by making a better mixture but for sugar based carriers it was different

I use a product called 210S to bind the oil and sugar water together
Pics are a nightmare to post here and the rules around links seem to be strict so I cannot offer much in the way of visual aid
And we all know if there are NO pics it didn't happen

I have made rough videos
Been doing this for two years now and pretty comfortable infusing just about anything
Also go a little overboard with filtering

There is a lot to unpack
From full extract oil that tastes awful to cold extraction full filter that has little to no taste
Narrow subject that gets expansive very quick

shredder

I use a product called 210S to bind the oil and sugar water together

Does it work by thickening? My powdered cannabis works well in shakes, or anything thick that can suspend it.

I use an infused maple syrup in lemonade. I put a packet of powdered lemonade mix in a water bottle followed by a shot of maple syrup, then fill with water. As I drink I shake the bottle to keep it mixed.

There's probably better ways, but it works.

FNG

The 210 itself is a thickening agent/emulsifier
Combination of xanthan and acacia gum
It will combine the oil and water
Using an immersion blender you create a near micro emulsion
This is important because the smaller the drops of oil the more bioavailability and ease of absorption
No need to shake or mix
Even distribution
Trying to simplify the process right now

shredder

The 210 itself is a thickening agent/emulsifier
Combination of xanthan and acacia gum
It will combine the oil and water
This is important because the smaller the drops of oil the more bioavailability and ease of absorption
No need to shake or mix
Even distribution
Trying to simplify the process right now

So would the 210 work in lemonade? Or would it get too thick? And do you skip lecithin when you use it?

shredder,
Reactions: Nina

Nina

Carbonation was nearly impossible
oily bubbles....yikes that wouldn't work would it:uhoh:
maybe some kind of mousse/foam?
Just lately I've been trying to 'emulsify' my edibles a little more. I whisk the lump of oily paste into a small amount of pineapple juice and down it quickly when it's as broken up as I can get it, seems to start working a bit more quickly, or is that just my imagination.
I'm thinking your micro emulsion is quite another league tho!

Last edited:

FNG

So would the 210 work in lemonade? Or would it get too thick? And do you skip lecithin when you use it?

The syrup is very runny when you do a 6 grams of 210 to 300ml of syrup ratio
6 grams is the surefire emulsion that goes into a lot, including carbonation
It thickens as you add flavoring
Dry ingredients like cocoa require adjustments of the gums
For thick fudge like syrup for ice cream you use the six grams
For chocolate milk you can reduce the 210 down to 4 grams

I only use lecithin in my infused coconut oil
The 210 acts as the emulsifier for the syrup
I have actually experimented with a number of emulsifiers doing different things
Gelatin pearls for drinks, infused coconut foam from a whipper

I just found a super juice recipe that I was thinking of doing an infused lemonade that I will drink and turn into frozen treats

I could attempt a rough video
I'm trying to gauge whether this is worthy of pursuing
Being able to infuse coconut oil and simple syrup has made most recipes accessible to me for infusion

Look up nano emulsion and bioavailability

FNG

For lemonade you would choose your flavoring method
If you use processed dry lemonade mix or frozen concentrate the lemonade will be super sweet
There are powders and other flavorings that do not have a ton of sugar in them and would be better if you do not have a sweet tooth

This is an old video and the method is roughly the same

Some issues that came to light
Watching other peoples attempts it became clear the cannabis oil was separating and rising to the top of the beverage
This sent me down the dispersion and suspension rabbit holes
My meager understanding is that the oil has to be mechanically made into the smallest droplets possible for absorption
Right now you can use an immersion blender to make a near micro emulsion
I am toying with buying a homogenizer with sonication to make a nano emulsion

I filter through a paper coffee filter inside a stainless steel coffee filter that is in a ceramic coffee dripper sitting atop a mason jar
I then mix in carbonX and filter through a buchner funnel with a celite puck on top of a fritted filter head
Been doing it this way for about 2 years
Most of my work is in Psychedelic Sams long tincture thread on grass city that recently got unpinned so you may have to look for it

I started this journey because my brother in law had throat cancer
He passed away
Get the awful comments out of the way quickly so the focus can be on anyone who may have interest
Yes I'm well aware that carbs feed cancer
I make a small batch super concentrate version of the syrup for minimal sugar intake

We need to look into mega dosing individuals for various ailments
Making the delivery palatable is important and I really want to believe that we may be able to make RSO and edibles that are high in CBD and deliver the same medicinal properties without the green outs that people, who are already sick, have to deal with everyday
My 2 coffee Sunday ramble

shredder

For lemonade you would choose your flavoring method
If you use processed dry lemonade mix or frozen concentrate the lemonade will be super sweet
There are powders and other flavorings that do not have a ton of sugar in them and would be better if you do not have a sweet tooth

This is an old video and the method is roughly the same

Some issues that came to light
Watching other peoples attempts it became clear the cannabis oil was separating and rising to the top of the beverage
This sent me down the dispersion and suspension rabbit holes
My meager understanding is that the oil has to be mechanically made into the smallest droplets possible for absorption
Right now you can use an immersion blender to make a near micro emulsion
I am toying with buying a homogenizer with sonication to make a nano emulsion

I filter through a paper coffee filter inside a stainless steel coffee filter that is in a ceramic coffee dripper sitting atop a mason jar
I then mix in carbonX and filter through a buchner funnel with a celite puck on top of a fritted filter head
Been doing it this way for about 2 years
Most of my work is in Psychedelic Sams long tincture thread on grass city that recently got unpinned so you may have to look for it

I started this journey because my brother in law had throat cancer
He passed away
Get the awful comments out of the way quickly so the focus can be on anyone who may have interest
Yes I'm well aware that carbs feed cancer
I make a small batch super concentrate version of the syrup for minimal sugar intake

We need to look into mega dosing individuals for various ailments
Making the delivery palatable is important and I really want to believe that we may be able to make RSO and edibles that are high in CBD and deliver the same medicinal properties without the green outs that people, who are already sick, have to deal with everyday
My 2 coffee Sunday ramble

Have tried something simpler like just infusing hersheys chocolate syrup? A couple drops of a strong infused mct oil would probably do for a single portion mixed on a spoon.

I like the idea, I just couldn't see myself going through all the steps.

If it gets too complicated it's easier to just pop a capsule, and then eat whatever.

FNG

Have tried something simpler like just infusing hersheys chocolate syrup? A couple drops of a strong infused mct oil would probably do for a single portion mixed on a spoon.

I like the idea, I just couldn't see myself going through all the steps.

If it gets too complicated it's easier to just pop a capsule, and then eat whatever.

Thanks that's the kind of feedback I'm looking for
Pretty much on the verge of shutting it down so this saves me the time of furthering the process
Focus time and money elsewhere

The sugar carrier was used because some people cannot process oil through their liver for various reasons

Edit: I did not answer the question
The syrup was made for its versatility and it is very versatile
Give the coconut oil in chocolate syrup a try
If the oil has lecithin then you have a better chance at homogenization
Cold drinks separated the cannabis oil in all the attempts I saw on the internet

Don't use gums in dairy, the consistency is gross
The cannabis oil will coat your mouth and then the question of absorption comes into play
The glass or cup will have a little coating too

Honestly, this stuff kicks ass and the filtering and reduction in the plant taste take edibles to another level for me
The micro emulsion means fast acting hard hitting edibles
The lemonade I was going to make is a good example of what a few hours can give you
Probably several weeks of doses at around 2-4 ounces of lemonade a dose
You can freeze the lemonade after 2 days for preservation, ice cube tray recommended

Last edited:

shredder

I made some infused maple syrup that I use in lemonade. I used a concentrate, lecithin, and a little oil. It does separate in the fridge. So I put it in the microwave for 15 seconds. That warms it enough to mix well with a shake. Then I mix it well with lemonade. I'm thinking infused sugar or honey would work at least as well and probably better.

I can report that infused brown sugar works great in lemonade. Probably better than infused maple syrup in lemonade.

To be fair though the maple syrup was infused with decarbed rosin and the sugar was infused with feco, and feco has less weed taste.

Both work but ive been really impressed with my infused sugar. Its just 2 ml of feco disolved in 3/4 cup of 190 proof alcohol and poured on one cup of sugar and then the alcohol was evaporated.

Top Bottom