• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Terps on dry herbs

RxPlorer

Anyone have any suggestions for applying cdt terps to dry herb?

I’m applying a couple small drops to the grinder before grinding up some buds, with good results. Just have to be careful to use a very small amount. But I wonder if there are any leaching concerns when allying such a potent compound to aluminum grinding surface. Is there a better way to get even application of liquid terps onto ground bud?

I’m using trueterpenes terpology relax blend, fwiw.

RxPlorer,
Reactions: Vizyt91

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Just a heads up that none of those terpenes are cannabis derived.

Also a “drop“ is a lot, just a drop or three can liquify an entire gram of distillate. For flower I would think you would want to spray them on in an aerosol.

As far as leeching, even a tomato will leach aluminum, so it wouldn’t surprise me, but if your grinder is anodized it will probably be alright.

Respect to Dr. Ethan Russo who apparently formulated these particular blends, but True Terpenes was one of those brands selling squalene in their Viscosity blend a year or two ago, so I would still be skeptical.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Thanks for the wisdom, @invertedisdead. Where can reliable and safe CDTs be sourced?

Hmmmm, I'm honestly not sure where to get them anymore, all the companies that I recall seem to be gone or no longer selling them. Blue River was probably the most popular seller and they ceased selling pure terpenes. The Hemp Barn used to sell hemp derived terpenes but I don't see them on their site anymore either.

CDT's have always been kind of hard to obtain because the yield is real low, and the economics of the process doesn't really work. Terpene rich starting material comes from high quality cannabis, but high grade is too expensive to just steam distill for essential oils and leave behind all the rest of the actives. I think they've also disappeared largely due to modern extraction techniques deviating away from distillates and terpene reintroduction in favor of more flavorful and efficient processing such as "liquid live resin." Hemp derived terpenes were kind of the middle ground, they are technically cannabis derived, and much cheaper to produce than THC rich starting material due to the giant CBD boom; though the selection of hemp derived terpenes has been much more limited. Hemp derived terpenes were fairly easy to find a year ago but a quick search is showing more difficulty now... :hmm:

RxPlorer

Is liquid live resin available via cbd mail order? I’ve been pretty disappointed in the cbd options at Washington dispensaries in the last 2 years or so, and do most of my ordering from out of state hemp farms. Would like to try some terpy live resin in the TB, if I can find some.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Is liquid live resin available via cbd mail order? I’ve been pretty disappointed in the cbd options at Washington dispensaries in the last 2 years or so, and do most of my ordering from out of state hemp farms. Would like to try some terpy live resin in the TB, if I can find some.

I'm honestly not the most experienced with the CBD market, maybe @florduh has some insight.
I didn't see any liquid live resin at quick glance, but this product claims to be a true live resin hemp extract.

florduh

I'm honestly not the most experienced with the CBD market, maybe @florduh has some insight.
I didn't see any liquid live resin at quick glance, but this product claims to be a true live resin hemp extract.

The Universe works in wacky ways, because I was literally just thinking about you right before I saw this. I was musing that after a long two moth buying spree, I can safely say my VAS is satisfied.... at least until invertedisdead's desktop comes out! I also, for the first time in 2 months, took a hit of hemp live resin. Crazy!

So, my experience isn't much better than yours on the CBD live resin front. My favorite has been from the Hemp Barn. I always know it's clean, it's all cannabis derived, and you get that slight "stoney", behind the eyes feel. Unfortunately it looks like they don't have any LR right now, but they do have "Terp Sauce". It's also very good, maybe tastier than their LR.

@EnemyLemon I might be able to help more on the CDT front though... if you allow for the "C" to also encompass hemp. I've bought a few different strains from this site: https://cart.farm/shop/

It's the closest thing I've found to cannabis tasting terps. In fact, I mixed up some of my own disty blends that tasted better than a lot of "Live Resin" carts I've bought at dispos. Probably because a lot of companies will consider their distillate carts to be "Live Resin"... because the added terps were extracted "live".

Last year, I was getting crazy with the 'noids, mixing CBD, CBG, and CBN isolates with the hemp derived terps to make my own "Live" (ish) dabbables. Threw some D8 in there too if I was feelin nuts.

I haven't tried these guys, but if you want real, non cannabis derived terps I've heard good things about terpenescali.com
They operate over on future4200 and seem legit. I believe they use co2 to extract too, which is supposed to be a bit better than steam distilled. And looking at their prices, it looks like they're all $40/ml. That's the same as the top shelf stuff at cart.farm (though I had really good luck with their cheap stuff).

If I wasn't sitting on an ounce and a half of CBD flower, I might buy some unflavored CBD distillate, and add some of those real cannabis terps. It would probably taste better than most shit on the market.

RxPlorer

The Universe works in wacky ways, because I was literally just thinking about you right before I saw this. I was musing that after a long two moth buying spree, I can safely say my VAS is satisfied.... at least until invertedisdead's desktop comes out! I also, for the first time in 2 months, took a hit of hemp live resin. Crazy!

So, my experience isn't much better than yours on the CBD live resin front. My favorite has been from the Hemp Barn. I always know it's clean, it's all cannabis derived, and you get that slight "stoney", behind the eyes feel. Unfortunately it looks like they don't have any LR right now, but they do have "Terp Sauce". It's also very good, maybe tastier than their LR.

@EnemyLemon I might be able to help more on the CDT front though... if you allow for the "C" to also encompass hemp. I've bought a few different strains from this site: https://cart.farm/shop/

It's the closest thing I've found to cannabis tasting terps. In fact, I mixed up some of my own disty blends that tasted better than a lot of "Live Resin" carts I've bought at dispos. Probably because a lot of companies will consider their distillate carts to be "Live Resin"... because the added terps were extracted "live".

Last year, I was getting crazy with the 'noids, mixing CBD, CBG, and CBN isolates with the hemp derived terps to make my own "Live" (ish) dabbables. Threw some D8 in there too if I was feelin nuts.

I haven't tried these guys, but if you want real, non cannabis derived terps I've heard good things about terpenescali.com
They operate over on future4200 and seem legit. I believe they use co2 to extract too, which is supposed to be a bit better than steam distilled. And looking at their prices, it looks like they're all $40/ml. That's the same as the top shelf stuff at cart.farm (though I had really good luck with their cheap stuff).

If I wasn't sitting on an ounce and a half of CBD flower, I might buy some unflavored CBD distillate, and add some of those real cannabis terps. It would probably taste better than most shit on the market.
Got myself some hemp barn terp sauce and cbd Hash today, and finally trying some secret nature flowers just because the name keeps coming up. Thanks again, all!

Top Bottom