Discontinued Terp Torch

Morimoto

I can illuminate a bit on Ti heatup time, I wake up, turn the TT on to 5, go take a wizz and when I come back start rippin like a choo choo train! She heats up in about 2 min flat, and keeps on truckin.

Morimoto,
Reactions: iammyself

Gdash

Anyone try Silicon Nitride balls? Saw Ddaves older post on reddit about the Ti balls and another user said he has them both and prefers Silicon Nitride. Not sure if I should try them since Ddave is out if Ti balls anyways.

Gdash,

WildWillie

Anyone try Silicon Nitride balls? Saw Ddaves older post on reddit about the Ti balls and another user said he has them both and prefers Silicon Nitride. Not sure if I should try them since Ddave is out if Ti balls anyways.
I don't have a TerpTorch, just lurking, but I've been using these silicon nitride balls in my Ditanium to great effect. As far as thermal properties, I think they're more similar to ruby than titanium.

WildWillie,

LAWTHEONE

CLOUDYWITHFOG/ZEROVISIBILITY
I received my Terp Torch about three weeks ago. I had purchased the titanium balls from D Dave and I installed them before I ever got to test The glass or Ruby balls. About four days after I purchased it my bowl broke. I looked on the site and once I saw how expensive the bowl was I looked for alternative options. I was using a 14 to 18 reducer and that worked but was just OK.
I wound up getting The Elev8r bowl from Vgoodies. I like this bowl the best by far out of the original and some of the alternatives I tried. The original bowl has a screen that moves around which I don’t like and it’s a little too wide. The Elev8r bowl is the perfect size inside and it has a fixed screen. The Elev8r bowl is five dollars less than the turbo torch bowl and you can get it for 10 to 15 extra percent off. So I found my permanent solution and will purchase another one or two soon. With the titanium balls in the Elev8r bowl I am at temperature 753.
So glad I made this purchase! Hands-down the hardest hitting desktop at this price point! Game changer. The best $179 I’ve ever spent on a Vape!

Scuba Steve Tokes

My replacement Terp Torch arrived today! It is much, much cleaner than the first one I pictured in post 406. This one has some dust and crap near the top but it’s not caked on in two rings around the heater like it was on the other one and the debris looks less brown.

Sneaky Pete store really went above and beyond to make sure I was happy. They were prompt and very professional and basically told me they would do whatever I wanted, an exchange or a refund. They reached out to Terp Torch for me and that is how I was able to get the replacement because they were unable do an exchange but I knew Terp Tech would rather me get a clean Terp Torch than me buy another vape.

When SPV sent the first Terp Torch it came with stoner candy, Swedish fish and sour airheads minis which was very nice of them. When I sent it back I included a bag of Red Hot Riplets, a regional brand of hot chips for them to enjoy (most preferably while listening to St. Louie by Nelly) because I was so happy with their high level of service and genuine concern for my happiness. I thought customer service like that had was a thing of the past!
Im afraid I’m gonna hurt this thing by cleaning it wrong so if anyone has any tips please comment.

I plan to hold it upside down and gently clean the ceramic part with a a-tip with a bit of iso on it. Then I’m going to let it get up to max temp and burn it off for ten min, let it cool, and repeat the process one or two more times until I am satisfied that it is safe. I think it will come clean as I am the first SPV customer to have an issue with the state of my ceramic heater.

I want to see if you all think 70% iso is acceptable for this aplication or if I need to order a higher proof. I also have everclear that I’m considering using instead but I’m not sure it would be effective. Should I wipe it down with the q-tip then let it dry naturally then burn it off or would it be ok to burn it off immediately?

I have already submerged my balls in iso and played with them for a while with a a-tip. Then I boiled them for ten min because at this point I’ve accepted I’m a total spaz about safety.

The bowl that the Terp Torch came with is a bit discolored right around the top of the 14mm joint, despite cleaning in iso and salt and working it with a prickly pipe cleaner so I’m thinking it’s just part of the glass. Has anyone else noticed this on their bowl? I don’t think it’s an issue but figured I would ask.

Attachments

• BCCAE971-244D-4C20-B245-E283E3A5B98E.jpeg
    BCCAE971-244D-4C20-B245-E283E3A5B98E.jpeg
    1,005.8 KB · Views: 25
  • C2B4480A-8781-4301-AFE1-2949F851C36F.jpeg
    C2B4480A-8781-4301-AFE1-2949F851C36F.jpeg
    956.7 KB · Views: 25

icecream

I don’t like that the screen doesn’t lock in place.
I like to use the screens that came with the Elev8R. They are a perfect fit with no wiggle in the TT bowl.

Even better, stack 3 Elev8R screens in the TT bowl and your water piece will stay so much cleaner!

The Elev8R bowl itself also works great with the TT, but that is old news.

Last edited:
icecream,
Reactions: iammyself

snackmaster

I’d planned to get the new bowl but then found I’m pretty content with the 2020 version + 1” screen + rimmed basket screen in joint. One clip goes thru the 1" screen to keep it in place and the basket screen doesn't let anything thru. F4F4CE32-BB9E-479F-9719-C7EE940908A7.jpeg

iammyself

I’d planned to get the new bowl but then found I’m pretty content with the 2020 version + 1” screen + rimmed basket screen in joint. One clip goes thru the 1" screen to keep it in place and the basket screen doesn't let anything thru. View attachment 6107
I tried something similar, but with a 1/2" pipe screen so it lays flat on the bottom. I ended up taking it out though; it got gummed up and restricted airflow really quickly. Granted, I have been vaping some really kiefy 30% flower that grinds into a powder with a medium grind plate in the brilliant cut grinder. I hadn't thought of the basket screen in the bottom though, I'll have to give that a try.

Scuba Steve Tokes

Hey all,
I just received my replacement Terp Torch and was about to clean it but now I’m worried I’m going to hurt it.

I planned to turn it upside down and clean it with a q-tip with a bit of iso on it, then burn it off, and repeat the process a few times.
I only have 70% iso will this be ok or do I need to get something with a higher proof to safely clean this thing? I have everclear but I’m not sure how well that will work. This is the first time I’ve cleaned a ceramic heater so I’m afraid I’m gonna hurt it.
Once I clean it do I need to let it dry for a while before I burn it off or can I just burn it off while the iso is still wet? To be clear I will not be putting it together before I burn it off I will do that and burn it off again once I’m satisfied with how the ceramic rod looks.

I know I’m probably being silly but this vape was expensive for my standards, even though It is a great value. I already boiled the boro balls and the metal part that screws on to the soldering iron.

Thanks in advance for sharing your wisdom with me oh wise vaporizer wizards!

Attachments

• B313514F-8E99-4425-AF44-37E11F34BE88.jpeg
    B313514F-8E99-4425-AF44-37E11F34BE88.jpeg
    956.7 KB · Views: 13
Scuba Steve Tokes,

PharaohJ

Still waiting on my replacement torch to arrive (USPS seems backed up). But the Terp Torch updated bowl is awesome. I didn't have a problem with the screen, or with much material falling through. I've swapped them out with other pipe screens and they seem just as effective. Really means the only thing to clean is the bowl itself (which is fuckin' awesome)

Vaporware

Personally I’d rather use the Everclear than iso for something I’m not going to thoroughly rinse. I’ve used it on the ceramic in my Firewood 7 successfully, but the smell did linger and I was glad I hadn’t used iso because any remaining iso would be worse to inhale than Everclear (which shouldn’t hurt you).

Otherwise 70% iso should still work, just not as quickly. I don’t have a terp torch though, so I can’t give you more specific cleaning recommendations other than wait a while and/or burn off anything that’s still there before you use it again.

Scuba Steve Tokes

Everclear it is then! I’m just gonna let it dry naturally then burn it off and repeat.

Thanks for the input Vaporware my Terp Torch and I really appreciate it!

I just wanted to mention that my post 437 and the above from this one was merged from an Ask FC thread I made thinking it would get a response faster than just posting here, it did. I do think that this info should be on this thread so I appreciate it being merged by the mods.

I just want to bring it up because I feel I am already too wordy as it is and I take up too much of all of your time because of that so I wanted to explain why I have two very similar posts in this thread. Cheers to the mods for making this place possible, I love it here!!! :cheers:

Last edited:
Scuba Steve Tokes,
Reactions: Vaporware

Morimoto

@Scuba Steve Tokes I used a ceramic banger for dabbing for years, the discoloration I see in your pictures looks like simply cooked ceramic, nothing to worry about. I wouldn't get it wet with anything, but that's just my 2 cents from using a ceramic banger for dabbing, they are a nightmare to get clean. My recommendation is to use it as is.

PharaohJ

So my replacement Terp Torch finally arrived yesterday! Unfortunately I was at work all day so didn't get to assemble it until today. There wasn't any dust or anything coating the ceramic rod. Ran a burn off on 9 for 10 mins, then dropped it down to 4 for a bowl and it was just as awesome as I remembered!

iammyself

Well after a few weeks of heaven it seems my Terp Torch has run into an issue too. I turned it on about an hour ago to ready for my day and got a screen just saying S-E. Checked the manual and apparently this means there's a fault in the tempature sensor? I'm not sure if there's a fix for this. Shot a message through the link on the TerpTech website. Did notice on the manual it specified that this issue isn't covered by the warranty (why the hell would you include that specifically?) So we'll see how things go.
Well shit. I had a bowl this morning, then saw that same S-E on the screen when I went back for another. I sent an email through the Terp Torch website to ask if there's any way I can fix it. I bought it used, so there's no warranty or anything. I was really happy with the performance using the titanium balls on level 4; I was using it with level 7 with the glass balls.

iammyself,

snackmaster

Well shit. I had a bowl this morning, then saw that same S-E on the screen when I went back for another. I sent an email through the Terp Torch website to ask if there's any way I can fix it. I bought it used, so there's no warranty or anything. I was really happy with the performance using the titanium balls on level 4; I was using it with level 7 with the glass balls.
Can you just replace the iron? https://www.amazon.com/Soldering-Ir...digital+soldering+iron&qid=1614795599&sr=8-49 (warning edit: this is a 80W iron whereas TT is 65W)

Last edited:

iammyself

iammyself,
Reactions: LAWTHEONE

snackmaster

Last edited:

androponic

vaped.
That does look a lot like the official one. Has it been confirmed to be the same model? In the Terp Torch YouTube Q&A they explain why you can just put the tip on any old soldering iron. But $33 is an easy pill to swallow if the Amazon one is the same model.
@snackmaster i have this one as a backup, Atten 65 watts since that is the same power as the original and it is plenty. i got mine on aliexpress a few bucks cheaper but took a while to come in.
https://www.adafruit.com/product/46...zh-tgNMC_8UlrcxfGv-e8fOAz77XKx0kaAuNdEALw_wcB

just wont have the same presets but you can set whatever temp you want just the same with up and down buttons. they have a tweaked firmware on the original and it allows to change the presets but the non terp torch branded ones you cant edit them. they are slightly different presets.

it will probably just be a donor for the heating element or pid sensor it has built in. when one of them fails me.

Last edited:

iammyself

I hate posting back-to-back, but wanted to update. Brian replied to my email, and offered to replace it despite me letting him know it was used when I got it. Then I took out the balls, and took the tip off, and found the ceramic rod had broken. Maybe it got dropped by the previous owner (or me when I was too high to remember), or damaged in shipping or something. So I let him know, and offered to pay for a replacement. He's sending me a replacement anyway, and let me know they are available if I need another for $50.

Top Bottom