temptation

Hi everyone! I really enjoy my SSV, but sometimes i go crazy and i have to smoke some good big joint :/... how do you resist to the temptation?

peachpiuchennon,

djonkoman

well for me it's that I like rolling, but not smoking the joint
I do still combust on occassions(with friends, when it's too windy for my VG, for hash etc)
but I like the effect of vaping far more, and especially since I have a pd at home it would just be a waste to combust

but I do still like rolling joints, so sometimes I'll roll one, sometimes with hash, last time I rolled one woth the AVB of my pd, wich turned out to be one of the best I ever rolled, I saved it for when I was with friends again
also I sometimes offer to roll joints for friends, but often they want to roll themselves too(used to be a lot easier to get my rolling-fix when some of them still couldn't roll)

djonkoman,

max

Out to lunch
Not everyone switches 100% to vaping. Some try it and go back to 100% smoking. Personally, I don't like anything about smoking anymore, but that's just me.

max,

crawdad

floatin
when its more applicable i combust but 99.9% im vaping. the harshness, the lack of good taste and the (this one is subjective im sure) clarity that i get from vaping keeps me with it. granted, my very first hit was from a volc bag.

crawdad,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
I would vape by choice if it could do all for me that I wanted. But sadly, for immediate pain relief a bong hit is what does it for me. The kind where you end up coughing, your eyes water and you need a minute to 'reequilibrate'. At that point (2 minutes?), I realize my hands/knees do not hurt. Then I end up using the MFLB or EQ throughout the evening.

Tom

tdavie,

nr-cole

I love me the occasional bong rip when I'm hanging out with other people an it's available. I know how horrible it is for me but it just feels so refreshingly different from the usual vaping experience. Also if a bunch of friends feel like going for a walk we'll roll a few Js to take with us. The Iolite just doesn't really compare.

I do not understand the 100% smokers who've tried vaping though. I was talking to the guy at the local headshop and he claimed he'd owned a Volcano, a V-Tower, a VaporBros, and several VGs, but he couldn't stand vaping. Something about how it "doesn't use all of the herb" and how vaping only gets the THC out of the plant and not all the other compounds (he listed off all of these other compounds, I'm pretty sure he made some of them up). I didn't feel like arguing so I simply talked about how I like to make firecrackers with my ABV and go through the different temps for different effects. He didn't seem swayed.

Funny, I haven't been by for a few months and I'd also never seen him there before, but I do remember them having a much bigger vape selection the last time I'd been in there. They've had the same glass VG sitting there with a $200 price tag on it forever. I keep offering them a hundred for it but no luck :(

nr-cole,

vapirtoo

Been vaping for a little over a year, at first whenever I missed smoking a doob, I would
light one up. I finally realized that I was being a fiend for the tars and shit. Eventually the
taste of ash was so horrible that even when I wanted to light up I couldn't. Now I do not
miss that combustion at all, in fact now if getting nice means I have to smoke; I pass. :uhoh:

vapirtoo,

Nycdeisel

I will be the first to say that I think vapor really is an acquired taste, and that it isnt for everyone. However if you are committed and diligent you can ween yourself off of smoke and eventually quit smoking all together to the point where you will not WANT to smoke!

it is a process of sorts, but it doesnt have to be forced or unpleasant. You may have not found the right vape yet to fully satisfy you, as everyone has different needs and every vape model isnt for every vaporist either!

Nycdeisel,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Nycdeisel said:
I will be the first to say that I think vapor really is an acquired taste, and that it isnt for everyone. However if you are committed and diligent you can ween yourself off of smoke and eventually quit smoking all together to the point where you will not WANT to smoke!

it is a process of sorts, but it doesnt have to be forced or unpleasant. You may have not found the right vape yet to fully satisfy you, as everyone has different needs and every vape model isnt for every vaporist either!

I took to vaping like a fish to water. Started December/09 and have progressed to 2-Iolites (inherited one, don't want either), 2 MFLB's (love em, gave one to a relative as a present), an EQ (the vaporizer I use most often) and an SSV. Still intend on buying a Volcano and a Vapexhale and really hoping that the latter can hit as heavily as a bong (the SSV hits really good, but my fingers are f'd up too badly to be able to insert new screens, so it kinda sits on the sidelines at the moment). Ex fiancee hated vaporizing and when I was with her I hated combusting. Odd.

Tom

tdavie,

Irie

Chant Down Babylon
My experience, unfortunately, is that I found vapor due to recently being diagnosed with asthma. Vaping is much better for this.
Since beginning vaping, I have smoked a couple times with a friend because he's not into vaping. It tasted like crap. Awful. I will never go back.
The effect is superior, IMO, as well.

Irie,

weedemon

enthusiast
in my circle of friends (unless this one guy was there), I was usually the go to person for rolled doobies. I still roll em but I usually do no partake in smoking them.

I guess different stroks for different folks, but I don't like smoking anymore. my lungs thank me every day I run/get exercise :p

weedemon,

nr-cole

On the subject of flavour:

Run through a nice bong with a diffused downstem, decent percs, and ice in the tube I still find smoke to be totally bearable and even enjoyable. Hitting a pipe I find to be the harshest so I don't do much of it anymore, and a joint is much different and bearable because they are so small.

nr-cole,

djonkoman

Nycdeisel said:

I would say the opposite, my experience is that people who aren't really used to combustion yet(ocassional smokers, don't think I've ever had a firsttimer vape with me) like vaping instantly, while hardcore combusters sometimes also like it instantly, but also sometimes miss something or just don't really like ot without having/saying a real reason
so I would say it's not an acquired taste at all, combustion is an acquired taste, and one that can screw up the taste for vaping making it seem an acquired taste if you come from combustion

I liked vaping instantly, before vaping I was an ocassional smoker(once a week usually, sometimes 2-3 times a week but mostly just once), I liked weed and the effect it gave but it was the kind of effect that I liked once in a while, while going out woth friends fr example, but there were too much negatives to it to maje it an everyday thing
for examlple when I tried watching a movie stoned alone, I would fall asleep/pass out hafway trough the movie, lot of stonermovies that I had to watch over sober since I had only seen the first half, vaping fixed all of this , I liked the effect more and it became a daily thing soon after I got into vaping

djonkoman,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
nr-cole said:
On the subject of flavour:

Run through a nice bong with a diffused downstem, decent percs, and ice in the tube I still find smoke to be totally bearable and even enjoyable. Hitting a pipe I find to be the harshest so I don't do much of it anymore, and a joint is much different and bearable because they are so small.

Interesting that you say this. I had a nice 2 foot double perc bong with diffused downstem (and used a perc'd ashcatcher). Enjoyed it very much until one o my dogs broke it. Flip flopped back and forth, settling on a couple of nice bubblers, but it wasn't the same. Bout 12 days ago, I bought a simple 12 incher with tree perc and non diffused downstem. Wasn't smart enough to make sure the ground glass matched.

Gave my pipes away to a relative, and when I split from fiancee I stopped smoking joints and went to bongs/vapes only.

However, learning how to hit a bong has been the biggest adjustment. Properly clearing it and making sure that there is no stale smoke left in the tube is a challenge.

Tom

tdavie,

Smokey

Cloud Master
I switched completely to vapor mainly because I think I made the right choice in the first place. I used to hit my roor 3-4 times a day partakin with my girlfriend, I really loved bong over joints b/c of better taste (no paper, water filtering, ice cooling) so when I was home I only used my bongs, rolled joints while around. I then started thinking about my long term relationship with cannabis. I started getting infos about different ways of enjoying it and I stumbled upon vaping which I heard about before, in Amsty, but never tried it. I found the herborizer, roor perfectly compatible, vape+bong=win! So I went out and bought it. The first time seemed little weird because of the lack of the "hit" that used to "close" my lungs, but I was amazed by the taste, was so herbal. The following days I learned to love it, vapor brought me to a higher flavour and highness never felt before. I fill my bong with vapor 'till it's milky, then clean it out and keep it down. That is so rewarding and doesn't make me miss smoke. In fact lately I started passing over my friend's joints...MFLB does the trick when I'm around with folks! It's not as the herbo of course....but the woody flavor and the ritual of using mflb are great too!!

Smokey,
Top Bottom