Temp controlled battery for CCell carts

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I never had any problems getting good hits from either the Kodo or the Uni. Both hit about the same IMO.

Uni- sturdy and offers better protection for the cart as it sits inside the unit. The magnetic adapter was cool at first, but so many times it doesn't make a good connection. If the Uni had a screw in option I'd still be using it.

Kodo- Tiny and cute. With screw in cart, it always fires. It is what I use every night by the bedside. The biggest con, and it's really starting to piss me off, is how unstable it is. Particularly with the cart tetering on top. Every time I set the damn thing down it flops over and I have to pick it back up. At night I'm always trying to set it down by the nightstand or on a table, and unless you are very careful, the damn thing is tipping over. Then I gotta turn the light on, look to see where the damn thing fell and pick it back up. Sounds stupid, but it's annoying AF. The Uni pro has a stable wide footing.

Honestly, I'm not loving how you don't know what is going into these carts. The metal parts, the unknown oil. I'm hearing more and more that many of these live resin carts I'm buying are nothing more than distillate with a little "live resin terp" added in to claim they're live resin. I'm considering giving up carts and going back to the Terp pen for quick hits.

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Every time I set the damn thing down it flops over and I have to pick it back up.

Try a small cup to place it in. Perhaps plastic or silicone in case it gets knocked to the floor.
You can also use a small tether on the device if you have a hook to place it on. Smart to keep carts right side up, so the feed holes are always wet.

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
I'm not loving how you don't know what is going into these carts. The metal parts, the unknown oil.
I have a live-rosin-from-well-regulated-markets-only policy, which hopefully mitigates the risks.

It’s a coin flip whether a given budtender knows the difference between rosin vs. resin or solventless vs. bho. As for any heavy metals in the carts themselves, 🤷‍♂️

Mr. Me2

I never had any problems getting good hits from either the Kodo or the Uni. Both hit about the same IMO.

Uni- sturdy and offers better protection for the cart as it sits inside the unit. The magnetic adapter was cool at first, but so many times it doesn't make a good connection. If the Uni had a screw in option I'd still be using it.

Kodo- Tiny and cute. With screw in cart, it always fires. It is what I use every night by the bedside. The biggest con, and it's really starting to piss me off, is how unstable it is. Particularly with the cart tetering on top. Every time I set the damn thing down it flops over and I have to pick it back up. At night I'm always trying to set it down by the nightstand or on a table, and unless you are very careful, the damn thing is tipping over. Then I gotta turn the light on, look to see where the damn thing fell and pick it back up. Sounds stupid, but it's annoying AF. The Uni pro has a stable wide footing.

Honestly, I'm not loving how you don't know what is going into these carts. The metal parts, the unknown oil. I'm hearing more and more that many of these live resin carts I'm buying are nothing more than distillate with a little "live resin terp" added in to claim they're live resin. I'm considering giving up carts and going back to the Terp pen for quick hits.
Keeping carts upright is important to me too. That’s why I settled into my love affair with the Vessel Compass with its stand. Highest quality construction I’ve found.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Yes, the Kodo Pro is quite tippy when standing alone, especially with a 1 gm cart cuz the thing is so ridiculously light and the cart makes it top-heavy (the rounded corners and rubbery coating doesn't help either.) So I just generally stand it upright or at a steep angle with something against the base (or somewhere way out of the way that gets no vibrations or wind)... like wedging it in the corner of a night table drawer with some kinda fabric or books works great....:tup:

The Uni Pro Plus, however, is much more stable standing upright.

Edit: the kodo pro is so small and light, even with a 1 gram cart, I often have a hard time finding which friggin pocket it's in...!

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
So far I haven't had a standing upright issue whether it was a .5 or 1gm cart. I simply set it down, carefully, on its butt. I can't comment on stability once its sitting on its butt though as I believe it wouldn't take much to cause it to topple.

His_Highness,
Reactions: Bologna

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.

They do basically hit the same but the Uni has like twice the battery and as I said somewhat earlier, to me, this translates more noticeably as "better power management over the life of the charge" cuz the "life" is that much longer (maybe ?)...

And Sorry! I'm not sure how I missed your post which is pretty much what I said, or how I feel anyway, in the post just above, and it is kinda annoying! but with $20 1gm single source live resin readily available with many strains (and even lighter ceramic carts, too, remember, cuz they are often very much so), it really doesn't bother me all that much anymore (kinda :rolleyes:) laying them on their side. The stuff settles rather quickly, and honestly, I never usually have an issue getting a hit whenever I want one regardless. My daughter thinks I'm a little nutz for caring so much about ALWAYS making sure it's left standing upright etc.... she'll like wake up in bed sleeping with it (or ON it 😱)...!

Edit: Remember, we're a different breed here... nerds/geeks/pros/aficionados.... whatever you want to call it that makes you feel good...:tup::peace:

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I have had a Yocan Uni Pro for several months at least (can't remember exactly), and I have been very happy with it.

I see that people like the Kodo Pro, but every battery I've ever had with the cartridge completely outside of the body of the battery like that has been damaged in my pocket at or near the connection between the battery and the cartridge due to either the pressure of my pants on it, or me leaning against something like a counter or something.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
every battery I've ever had with the cartridge completely outside of the body of the battery like that has been damaged in my pocket at or near the connection between the battery and the cartridge due to either the pressure of my pants on it, or me leaning against something like a counter or something.

Tight jeans?? :brow::cool::haw:;)

Never had this problem in the past when I used to use them that way all the time though I like looser clothes I suppose and would try to be very conscious of sitting down etc which pockets used ideally hoodies so I think that helped... However yeah once I discovered the magnetic sidecar style I began to use those much more and more securely, so agree they are better in that way for me too... Though yeah I always try to set them upright etc, kodo is nice to use at home this way because of the low settings, small light style, even on the go, but standing up easily at home, where it is also easier to swap carts, compared to the magnetic side style where it's easier to keep the cart married to the battery like when you are on the go... So I like both! :nod::2c::tup:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
If we're heading out we normally try to find an available pocket on the inside of OUR PURSE where we can stand up the vape battery-cart by surrounding it or wedging it with some of the crap that somehow always ends up in OUR PURSE. This would work with the Kodo but..... I was cleaning out my vape crap draw and found a plastic tube that came with a free pack of 3 pre-rolls. It was a perfect Kodo fit and with a .5g cart I could actually close it. It makes a great stand too. More importantly that plastic tube is strong enough to handle a pocket carry when OUR PURSE isn't available.

Ramahs

Tight jeans?? :brow::cool::haw:;)

Never had this problem in the past when I used to use them that way all the time though I like looser clothes I suppose and would try to be very conscious of sitting down etc which pockets used ideally hoodies so I think that helped... However yeah once I discovered the magnetic sidecar style I began to use those much more and more securely, so agree they are better in that way for me too... Though yeah I always try to set them upright etc, kodo is nice to use at home this way because of the low settings, small light style, even on the go, but standing up easily at home, where it is also easier to swap carts, compared to the magnetic side style where it's easier to keep the cart married to the battery like when you are on the go... So I like both! :nod::2c::tup:

Nah, not tight jeans. I wear loose clothes as well. Probably more from leaning against and reaching over counters at work. Can't wear a hoodie or a jacket or anything with comfy front pockets in that sort of situation.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Nah, not tight jeans. I wear loose clothes as well. Probably more from leaning against and reaching over counters at work. Can't wear a hoodie or a jacket or anything with comfy front pockets in that sort of situation.

Ah yes, I used to take mine out and have it hidden in the drawer while I was seated at the desk I believe? Only forgot it a few times maybe lol

Ramahs

Ah yes, I used to take mine out and have it hidden in the drawer while I was seated at the desk I believe? Only forgot it a few times maybe lol

Current job is in a grocery store deli, so I don't exactly have a desk.

Top Bottom