Tattoo Thread

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I saw Survivalism's thread and thought it would be good to start a tattoo thread so folks can share. Here is one of mine on my left shoulder:

photo2wh8.jpg

stonemonkey55,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Is that inspired by Knuckles????!!!! AWESOME! He was my favorite character out of the Sega series....

I have no tattoos, but one day I'd like to have an Ouroborus on my chest.

SpiralArchitect,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Haha yeah knuckles was awesome, dope tattoo man. How long ago did you have it recolored?

Survivalism,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Yeah, it was definitely inspired by Knuckles. That was my nickname when i was boxing, except I had long hair that I pulled back. He has the nice "S" on his chest, and KO on each fist.

I never get it re-colored. The tattoo is from1995, my freshman year in college. I got a few more that I can share but the camera phone won't do the other's justice.

Knuckles lives! man, I'm surprised people even remember him

stonemonkey55,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
ahaha i still have a sega genesis in my room, i was playing it this morning in fact, i have all of the sonic games (i think)

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Costanza

Knuckles was the shit.
Gliding and wall climbing beat super-speed any day.
Anybody else have the Sonic & Knuckles cartridge that had the slot on top for games w/ easter eggs?

No tattoos, however. This is turning into the Knuckles Appreciation thread. :argh:

Costanza,

Pammy-Days

Lovely Assistant
Awesome Tattoo. Had a girlfriend that used to do tattoos. My dear friend that died in a Car accident along with her 5 year old son. She had 52, at the tender age of 24. She thought the most painful place to get one was the shoulder. I'll bet the Arm's no fun either. I don't care what they say booze doesn't cut the pain. Sorry, I'm a girl, they hurt, waaaaah

Obviously this isn't me, I'm blond LOL! Here's some cool ones on Masumi.

Later

Pammy-Days,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
thank you for that pic...very inspirational :brow:

sorry about your friend :( ....hope all is well by now :)

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

Frickr

Hey all, bringing this thread back from the dead, but just got some of my tattoo done last night. got quitea few more hours on shading it left, but heres how it looks right now, im very happy with the results

102_0787.jpg

Frickr,
Reactions: Vitolo

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
SpiralArchitect said:
Is that inspired by Knuckles????!!!! AWESOME! He was my favorite character out of the Sega series....

I have no tattoos, but one day I'd like to have an Ouroborus on my chest.
Sega Genesis was awesome - I used to love the Sonic games. Then the Sega CD games came out and they kind of sucked but had better graphics.
Anyone remember the personal hand held Nintendo games, like Donkey Kong? I could sit on the toilet for hours with that "game and watch" thing.

dk52.jpg

jeffp,

Frickr

finished mine a few weeks ago, just got around to posting a picture of it. i still got to go get it touched up, i scared in a few places and the color bled out. but im happy with it.

102_0798.jpg

Frickr,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
Damn i thought the original was flawless but your tat has gone a long way. the shading is fucking sick and the colors pop.

illadelph,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
The colors look nice Frickr!! I liked it even without the color though but now it really pops!

Devo... Nice work there!! I have no tats but LOVE the artwork!

Lo,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Thread revival time!!

My leg sleeve is about 98% done. 28+ hours of work. All freehand. Enjoy....

Inner calf...

2011-05-23090535.jpg

Back calf

2011-10-23085212.jpg

Outside calf

2011-10-23085301.jpg

Pics sort of do it justice....I've always loved fishing, but this piece is a reminder of all the fun times my dad and I had back in the day at a fishing tournament we used to do every year up in the mountains.

Next is a Fear&Loathing/Hunter S. Thompson arm 1/2 sleeve. Starting on that this winter!!

JDSupreme,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Below: Morality Monkeys. I began drawing the image when I was 18. It is intended to be adult chimpanzees in the style of Robert Crumb, the underground comic, creator of Mr. Natural, Flaky Foont and many other characters. I had it put on my back on my 50th birthday.
Photo-on-3-23-23-at-9-47-AM-2.jpg

Below: This is my mentor... the man who took me in as a child and acted as my father.
97473032-10158298259147974-8180023793738055680-n.jpg
97473032-10158298259147974-8180023793738055680-n-copy.jpg

image.jpg
406237506-691967459715710-376009871358779932-n.jpg

Below: Pit Bull on the calf.
Photo-on-1-6-24-at-7-49-PM-2.jpg

Below: Tribal tattoos- German Shepherd facing Wolf. (hair is now grown back)
Photo-on-1-23-24-at-7-18-PM.jpg

Last edited:
JD dope sleeve. the detail is immaculate!

vitolo inspiring story. I'm glad it took you so long and you never looked back.

I have a couple of patches of ink this is is the only stoner related one I have however.
IMG_2289.jpg

biojuggernaut,
Top Bottom