Tablet--separate users? Owner vs user, or owner user 1 &user 2?

MinnBobber

I apologize but will likely have some questions about my new Samsung Tab A. Never had a tablet and we leave for Europe on Sunday with the tablet and no laptop....

My wife and I will share it but at first all our emails were together so very confusing.
I'm setup as OWNER, my wife as USER. Not sure but emails still seem to be together unless that is just "history" and new ones will separate.
Should I also set myself up as a USER?
Or is there a secret Samsung method to get over to my side vs her side??

Sorry but it is confusing. Local community center has a class for new tablet owners next Monday--too late :(

MinnBobber,
Reactions: Izan

Izan

Did you set up "gmail" or "Email".
Both are under "apps"
They can be configured independently, each with a different account: You="Gmail"/Wife="email".
Would that be a solution?

P.S> are you planning on getting a SIM in the EU?
Take a look at the "hangouts"/Gmail phone features.

Cheers
I

MinnBobber

@Izan ,
I thought I set up me for Gmail and probably for email. Then just set up wife for Both.
Are you saying that on this tablet, you can only have 1 person on email and one on gmail, total?

Our email & gmail baskets both still have both of our emails.

MinnBobber,
Reactions: Izan

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
You will be able to use apps. I use an IPad. I have 2 different email set ups. I have a gmail acct, which I have an Gmail app loaded on my iPad. I have another email acct that is through my xfinity which is my television cable company and I have an app for that.

If you have a smart phone they are the same apps that you use for that. There's an Imgur app that you may want to download.

Izan

@Izan ,
I thought I set up me for Gmail and probably for email. Then just set up wife for Both.
Are you saying that on this tablet, you can only have 1 person on email and one on gmail, total?

Our email & gmail baskets both still have both of our emails.
Yes.. unless you want all the mail aggregated together... it is a limitation.
I presumed you wanted to have separate inboxes/mail for you and your wife.
(So you don't have HER mail in your "account" and she doesn't have your mail in HER "account". )

Cheers
I
P.S.
'droid Tablets use the old Palm pilot software... it is limited.

Last edited:

MinnBobber

@Izan,
well that's different than our laptop as that is clearly divided and we "switch user" to get our respective sides. Easily divided. I hate having all emails together as it is bad enough sorting thru my own :)

I was just back in on the tablet and am very frustrated --- opening email and gmail I cannot even tell who has that account, my wife or me. I click on icons but never find any clue how to access/ change so she's on email and I'm on gmail.

Any easy way to get the tablet separated? Like I said, complicated (for me) by not even being able to tell who has email as a user and who has gmail?
If she was "registered " last on email and gmail---is she likely primary on both, as each really only lets one person be the "user".

Sorry for the hassle but we leave Sunday and I'm on the laptop now as it seems 4X as easy to read and
3X as easy to write a message. Of course, not at all familiar with new tablet.

It makes me rethink taking the laptop but lugging it for 3 weeks is ???
Choice is:
1. only tablet -----or
2. tablet PLUS laptop.
We're mostly in one place for 15 days and then another place for 7 days so maybe taking both is better.
I am NOT a very experienced traveler and not a techie either so any opinions /advice greatly appreciated !!!!!

MinnBobber,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
You could forgo an app and use your home www portal to read mail through a web browser. Each user has their own account. I'm comcast also, and I can log onto the infinity website and read my mail. One doesn't need a SMTP connection, just a HTTP connection.

Just as everyone can use a browser to read a Yahoo acct.

MinnBobber

HI,
I got some help who thought it easiest to set up 2 new email accts. We went to google store and set up 2 different accts, which both had good ratings from users.
Yippee---- we now just get our own emails!!!!

EDIT-- next trick to learn will be how to email/ post pics taken on the tablet.
Looks like they get stored in "files".

Last edited:
MinnBobber,
Reactions: macbill
Top Bottom