SZ crossing pid controller, how good is it?

Enialis

I have the SZ crossing/ sai enail controller. I'm in the process of upgrading my whole setup and having jcat make me a new enail for concentrates but I'm also going to getting a flowerpot or similar vape that will need its own controller and I don't know how inconvenient or dangerous trying to swap between my banger and flowerpot will be while hot.

Where does this enail fall in terms of quality? I've never actually used it for concentrates as a complicated series of irrelevant events resulted in me getting a refund while keeping just the pid controller for reasons I can't remember.

I'll obviously be using the jcat enail for concentrates but am trying to decide if I need an auber to get the most out of the flowerpot ( weedeater, so dry herb only.) Or if the sz crossing controller is good enough to use with the flowerpot.

Does the flowerpot benefit from features that the auber has or does it not really benefit from the finer control like a conctrate vape does? I know they sell a cheaper controller as an alternative and if the sz crossing enail is more or less going to be the same as the newvape/CannabisHardware one then I probably don't need to upgrade.

Anyone's take on this would be great as I really wan't to wrap up this round of VAS and be set for the next couple of years by switching to vapes without consumable parts.

Enialis,
Reactions: arb

arb

Semi shaved ape
I have the SZ crossing/ sai enail controller. I'm in the process of upgrading my whole setup and having jcat make me a new enail for concentrates but I'm also going to getting a flowerpot or similar vape that will need its own controller and I don't know how inconvenient or dangerous trying to swap between my banger and flowerpot will be while hot.

Where does this enail fall in terms of quality? I've never actually used it for concentrates as a complicated series of irrelevant events resulted in me getting a refund while keeping just the pid controller for reasons I can't remember.

I'll obviously be using the jcat enail for concentrates but am trying to decide if I need an auber to get the most out of the flowerpot ( weedeater, so dry herb only.) Or if the sz crossing controller is good enough to use with the flowerpot.

Does the flowerpot benefit from features that the auber has or does it not really benefit from the finer control like a conctrate vape does? I know they sell a cheaper controller as an alternative and if the sz crossing enail is more or less going to be the same as the newvape/CannabisHardware one then I probably don't need to upgrade.

Anyone's take on this would be great as I really wan't to wrap up this round of VAS and be set for the next couple of years by switching to vapes without consumable parts.
Can you link what you're talking about please?

510vaporent

I have it and use it with my flowerpot and my axial coil and banger set up. It works great for me! The only reason I’ve considered getting a new enail is to maybe get a dual enail so I can have them both plugged in at the same time

510vaporent,
Reactions: arb

Enialis

Can you link what you're talking about please?

All of the vendors who use them to make their products have carried it at one point in time under varying names so I think it might be fairly common. Humboldtvapetech and divine tribe are two big examples of their clients in this community but their are others, so their products have a pretty good reputation in the marijuana vape industry. Their reputation is what sold me on their sic insert instead of buying from fadespace or dnail and dealing with all of that drama.

I have it and use it with my flowerpot and my axial coil and banger set up. It works great for me! The only reason I’ve considered getting a new enail is to maybe get a dual enail so I can have them both plugged in at the same time
Thanks! It would be for the flower pot. I wanted to go dual controller but my requirements for an enail for wax was beyond what the market produces. The jcat fc enail is the only thing available with the kind of temp control I require thats not an erig or 510 mod device.

Last edited:

Enialis

Do you happen to know how to program this enail? I've been trying to find the instructions all over the internet but can't find anything about how to adjust the settings on these 3 buttons enails.

Enialis,

ConvectCode1

I use an all black Crossings PID alongside an Auber, both for Flowerpot heads and have never had a problem with the Crossings. Just 3 buttons on an aluminum housing that’s very solid-I’ve dropped it on tile many times and it survives. I got the PID and the enail stuff I’ve never even used for $75 a couple of months ago from a guy who has a website called Humboldt Vape Tech. The Crossings PID heats up very fast and goes in increments of 5 degrees and just shows the desired temp. The Auber I have goes in 1 degree increments, tells the desired temp and actual temp and was $65 brand new from AuberIns. Add coil and nail for $45.

ConvectCode1,
Reactions: Summer
Top Bottom