Switching to vaping...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunnyHours

Hi!
I'm looking to quit smoking both tobacco and MJ.
I've been thinking about it for a while but I think technology has evolved enough for me to dive into it now.
The problem is that I like thick smoke...both from the cigs and from the mj.
I've looked at a bunch of options...and I've settled for the VXC for at home mj use.
Which is where I do most of my smoking, and I wanted a new glass piece so it's a no-brainer hehe

Where I'm having difficulty is about cigarettes. I'm thinking if there would be something to vape both, bud and tobacco, that'd be ideal. But I don't think that's possible? Should I just go for a E-go? I've seen the persei/8 but I'd have to get 2 universe cart...and it's getting expensive (1 for mj 1 for tobacco)

Also, it's important to note that since I'm in Canada I do not have access to oils and waxes :(

I'm open for suggestions...hoping not to be disapointed by vaping...

Mod note: This type of question belongs in the "Ask FC" section. It is also more useful to use more information in your title so that people will have a better understanding of what it is you are asking. For instance, "What vaporizer is best for tobacco?"

SunnyHours,

vape4life

Banned for life
Hey Sunnyhours, welcome to FC! It's always nice to see more canadians on here. I personally (as well as many, many others) DID get disappointed by transitioning to vaping AT FIRST, but then after the adjustment to the different high couldn't go back to combusting.

No access to oils? What about budbuddy or budmail? you have access to everything! (for a price lol)

vape4life,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Where I'm having difficulty is about cigarettes. I'm thinking if there would be something to vape both, bud and tobacco, that'd be ideal. But I don't think that's possible? Should I just go for a E-go? I've seen the persei/8 but I'd have to get 2 universe cart...and it's getting expensive (1 for mj 1 for tobacco)

Also, it's important to note that since I'm in Canada I do not have access to oils and waxes :(

I'm open for suggestions

Welcome to FC!

First, I would say if you have already decided on the cloud for vaporizing your bud, I would stick with that. As far as vaporizing your tobacco, there are some hard hitting e-cigs out there that aren't as expensive as the persei. I can't name any off the top of my head, but some google searching might find help you find something.

As for your lack of access to oils/waxes...have you thought of making them available yourself? I hadn't had access to them for a while, so I just started making my own...there is some good info here in the concentrates section, and google can help here as well.

...hoping not to be disapointed by vaping...

As vape4life said above, it's possible to be unsatisfied with vaporizing at first, but it's usually just due to not being exactly what is expected/being something different than combustion; first, you won't be getting the carcinogens/commonly mentioned benzene, that can give a "high." Second, IMO smoking hits a little quicker, where as vapor seems to be a little more subtle.

Regardless of the aforementioned, I think you will be very happy with vaporizing, once you get settled in. From what I read, if you do end up getting the Cloud, it should make the transition from smoke to vapor as smooth as the vapor itself! I also think that you'll be pleasantly surprised at the noticeable health benefits associated with vaporizing vs smoking...they become noticeable very rapidly!

Purpl3_Haz3,

vape4life

Banned for life
Further to add to purps post above, he makes a good point about combusting hitting a little quicker. I found that with vaping I wouldn't get that massive initial "rush" which in addition to benzene is toluene and carbon monoxide from combusting displacing o2. Vaping is a more gradual coming on, but when it hits, it's there alright! lol I haven't combusted in many years, and I will never again because there is simply no need with the efficiency of vaping.

tepictoton

for me the switch to vaping herbs only came after getting a solo...before that I tried diferent vapes but always got back to combusting in the evening to get sme decent sleep:|

now with the solo on the go and especially with a bong when at home, I feel I don't lack anything there..

tabacco, well thats still a hard one for me...maybe I should check out some e-cig too just to get rid of most of the nasty bits...

tepictoton,

f2j

Chaque jour est une chance
Before I got the solo I also had a Vapman, but that was not enough to make me quit smoking (I did but only last 1 week lol)
I've had my Solo 1 week ago and i'm still not combusting, I ordered a bong to get the most out of my solo ( a Weed star double bubbler 3.0)

f2j,

SunnyHours

I've made some BHO...however no matter how long I purged it, and cleaned it with iso and it still retained the butane/chemical taste.
I used London butane (replaces Colibri, and Near Zero Impurities). maybe that's my issue, Vector isn't available here :(
I've been making some pretty nice 120u dry sift though which I use with my nail and bong.
But if anything, I'll invest in some Bubble Bags to make some nice ice hash...I doubt I can screw that up :p

How would the solo compare to the arizer Extreme Q?

SunnyHours,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Further to add to purps post above, he makes a good point about combusting hitting a little quicker. I found that with vaping I wouldn't get that massive initial "rush" which in addition to benzene is toluene and carbon monoxide from combusting displacing o2. Vaping is a more gradual coming on, but when it hits, it's there alright! lol I haven't combusted in many years, and I will never again because there is simply no need with the efficiency of vaping.

It's funny because the one thing I do miss from smoking is that initial quick rush. I do vape at work but just little sips here and there to keep the edge off. Once I get home I want to feel that 'hard knock' feeling - that's where the nail/dome or the gn0me oil-dome come in. I only do one dab a day and it's that first one when I get in after work. It makes me go cross eyed and tears stream and I know that I'm home. After that I just keep myself topped up with flowers.

J.R.R.Tokin',

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
I've made some BHO...however no matter how long I purged it, and cleaned it with iso and it still retained the butane/chemical taste.
I used London butane (replaces Colibri, and Near Zero Impurities). maybe that's my issue, Vector isn't available here :(
I've been making some pretty nice 120u dry sift though which I use with my nail and bong.
But if anything, I'll invest in some Bubble Bags to make some nice ice hash...I doubt I can screw that up :p

How would the solo compare to the arizer Extreme Q?

Sorry to hear that your oil attempts thus far have been unsuccessful. Hopefully you're outcome with the bubble bags will be better! if you'd like to take a look, I have got a lot of good info purging-wise from toke city...It's been what has changed the quality of my qwiso from okay to great (imo). Also, if you want to check the butane, in a rudimentary manner, spray some onto a mirror, or other clean glass surface. let it evaporate, and see if anything remains. If there is a residue, either visible or to the touch, the butane is a no-go. I don't know about London, but Colibri was acceptable last I checked. I use it in my torch...and it's branded as Colobri of London.

At least you've got something to use on the nail! As for the Solo / Extreme Q comparison, I can only give so much info there...as I only own the EQ. Straight feature wise, EQ has more features, but is a "desktop vape" whereas the Solo is portable, but useable at home as well. I don't know how they hit in comparison to each other, but I had heard in the past that the airflow is a bit restrictive on the Solo, where the EQ is not. I would read up on each thread a bit, and maybe Vape4Life will chime in, for some reason I think he he has used both. I could be wrong though :lol:

Purpl3_Haz3,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
I have an EQ and a Solo. The are both completely different machines and very difficult to compare because of it. Personally I would get an EQ over the Solo if I could only pick one.​

J.R.R.Tokin',

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
I have an EQ and a Solo. The are both completely different machines and very difficult to compare because of it. Personally I would get an EQ over the Solo if I could only pick one.​

That's pretty much what I figured...and I can throw in a vote for the EQ as well, it's my daily vape (only vape)

Purpl3_Haz3,

vape4life

Banned for life
I've used the Extreme and Extreme-q and original analog V-tower since they were introduced to the market as well as a few Solo's. IMO personally Solo > EQ because I detest whips and bags and the Solo is lightyears more efficient. If I had the choice of 2, it would be a no brainer for me to go Solo. If you like bags/whips then it's a no brainer, get both! One for home and one for semi-portability, out on the deck, beach, etc. Both solid products bar none, although i'm a little concerned about airpaths for both due to the plastics, heat, etc.

vape4life,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom