Switching from MF to TV Revolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farid

I've been a happy customer of magic flight since 2010, and since then I've gone through two units. I have always been happy with the product, but there are some issues that I have never been able to get over.

1) The learning curve is steep, and thus I find it is hard to introduce people to vaporizing without them losing interest or ruining my MF.

2) Only dry concentrates seem to work well, bubble hash doesn't seem to vape too well, and I would never even try oil. Also I've found that the device does not heat the trench completely evenly many times.

3) The device is not built to last. I know the warranty is amazing, and the device has lasted me a very long time because of it. That said, it is a device that breaks easily. Especially when in inexperienced hands.

I am considering switching to the thermovape revolution or the thermovape alpha ultra or alpha ultra light. Here is what I still am unsure about though:

-What is the difference between the three units? Is there a difference other than size? I think I'd like to get the ultra light, but how long do batteries last?

-Which attachment should I get if I want to use bubble hash and dry sift mostly. I rarely use butane oil, but my bubble hash is sometimes a rather oily consistency.

-What is the difference between the low voltage and regular attachment?

-Does the DART system work with dry sift and bubble, or does it just work with oil?

I've tried searching the forums, but there's a ton of information to sift through. I hope these questions have not all been asked.

Thanks,
Bob

Farid,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Bob, I will try and answer your questions. The ultra products are e-cig stuff and use different batteries. Have no clue how long they last. If you are going to do bubble hash the windowed revolution would be the propper choice. I didn't have much luck with it however, too much plant material build up and I don't like how messy the window gets. LV is for low voltage and is for peeps running e-cig batteries. The LiFePo batteries TV uses in the T1 (the one that does flowers) are much stronger than regular e-cig batteries which is why you would pair a high resistance atomizer or Revolution/DART to go with your modular battery base. The DART system is for oils only I believe, anything you can dab I guess. So, I guess which style you choose will depend on wether or not you want to do flowers and then what form factor you want and battery style. Hope this helps.

t-dub,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Is the DART really only for oils? I was under the impression it was a windowless Revolution with a dabber?? This is a potential bummer (For me anyway) :(

Gonzo,

kertong

*please delete me*
It *is* a windowless revolution with a dabber :) I've been using only full melts / earwax type in it. I saw that you can do bubble hash or kief, but it'll be hard to clean the debris fully out of the ceramic and inside the chambers.

Actually you could probably pull that off on the windowed revolution. On the dart though, they've also modified the ceramic element so there are two airgaps by the side, so the air can flow past the ceramic instead of being forced through. Something about air turbulence too for an even mix of hot air, to reduce hotspots and get you consistent and even vapor. In the windowed revolution nothing woudl fall through, you could probably just tap out all the debris and such left from bubble hash/kief. But on the dart there's a good chance it may fall through the small airgaps, then you'll never get it out and it'll taint every hit afterwards..

with that said, I freaking love the dart. :)

However, if you're looking for something portable that'll do flowers as well as solid hash, kief, and even oil/earwax, I would recommend the arizer solo. Batt powered, solid/flower/hash/earwax, adjustable voltage, (7 and up will zap the high temp CBDs off those indicas nicely and get you that full body stone.. one that was hard to achieve with the MFLB.. haven't tried the T1 so hard to say).

kertong,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Read the solo thread carefully if you end up looking into that. I've had great luck with my thermovape but haven't had a chance to try the revolution since I don't have access to concentrates here.

Some people love the solo. I find that carrying around glass does not meet most peoples definition of portable. I personally never broke any stems when I owned it, but my friends have broken several on theirs. I had some serious issues with the solo that I don't want to bring up again, but do your own research.

There is no best portable, so find the best portable for your needs. IMO if your goals are portable buds and concentrates the TV with the revolution adapter is the way to go based on how happy most people are with the revolution, and how incredibly happy I've been with the thermovape over both the solo and the MFLB.

darkrom,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom