• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Sun Token, portable solar vape

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I want to try this vape!

Can't find any video... found(edited)

Surprised how fast it is although it would be nice to see the exhale as well the abv. Looks like my summer DIY project!

Last edited:

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
I want to try this vape!

Can't find any video... found(edited)

Surprised how fast it is although it would be nice to see the exhale as well the abv. Looks like my summer DIY project!
There are 3 videos , 2 of which it is put to use , both don't show the exhale, in one video he explains it can combust with magnifying glass although a person can try to play around the dome for less "heat" or risk of combustion. . I'd like to try it too not having a good portable unit at hands. I like the no battery/no fuel needed, if sunny of course.

FreddieFresh

There's been a few posts about this on reddit. The creator is marketing this as "somewhere between vaporizing and combustion." Vaporents wasn't too receptive of his product but he's been making his rounds in other subs.

I think avoiding charring or combustion in its current form would be difficult, if not impossible. As neat of an idea as it is, solar radiation isn't exactly an ideal heat source for vaporization. Some sort of heat sink could be used to distribute the heat, but it would probably take way too long to heat. I tried messing around with a magnifying glass and my Ti VonG one day and it wasn't happening lol

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Used to do the same thing with a bubbler and a $5 magnifying glass. Looks like someone figured out that if you put the pipe under a dome, you could then charge $120 for it. Genius!

-Stay tuned, a deluxe borosilicate dome will be available soon.

What will they think of next!?

PPN

Volute of Vapor
There's been a few posts about this on reddit. The creator is marketing this as "somewhere between vaporizing and combustion." Vaporents wasn't too receptive of his product but he's been making his rounds in other subs.

I think avoiding charring or combustion in its current form would be difficult, if not impossible. As neat of an idea as it is, solar radiation isn't exactly an ideal heat source for vaporization. Some sort of heat sink could be used to distribute the heat, but it would probably take way too long to heat. I tried messing around with a magnifying glass and my Ti VonG one day and it wasn't happening lol
Agree with you, I thought the dome was also a sort of magnifying glass avoiding too much heat concentration in one point creating combustion....but it looks only like an acrylic dome. I understand better why it wouldn't vaporize very well...

Used to do the same thing with a bubbler and a $5 magnifying glass. Looks like someone figured out that if you put the pipe under a dome, you could then charge $120 for it. Genius!
Yes but I would applaude with both hands if one of these days somebody create a true working vape without the need of a battery or butane. I know there is the Element hand powered vape and , if I'm rich enough i would contact the manufacturer to get one.

A candle vape would be awesome and could carry a sort of zen, maybe similar to the Suprême V3 in shape...

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Reminds me of this one.I've heard it didnt work really well .
solarizer.jpg
http://vaporizersale.com/solarizer-vaporizer-review/

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
If the Pico isn't a vaporizer I don't see that as a vaporizer too.
With the magnifying glass you can easily combust in a matter of seconds, so you gotta to stay on the edge like an old glass bulb "vaporizer" but with a fancy wood around it.

And what about stuff like this : "Smoking with solar energy introduces less toxins, carcinogens, and unwanted material to your lungs. . It heats more of the terpenes that you want, closer to their boiling point, tasting better while also conserving your dry herb. The average lighter burns at roughly 3,500 degrees Fahrenheit. Solar light through a normal magnifying lens is less hot, falling closer to the temperature range of electronic vaping technologies"
As a science guy this hurts me really bad, I'm not gonna comment that because I'm not gonna be able to stay correct when facing commercial talking. But solar energy? Really.....!? :nope:

What about all the wood surface exposed to vapor condensation? Charring?
I read about the dome being made out of acrylic in the manual. What about off gassing? UV Ray impact on the acrylic through time? Why not using an inert glass dome while you try to stay away from inhaling butane (did I need to say what's the result of butane's (full) combustion?).
They are too many commercial talking, far from the reality, trying to advertise common things like if it was a miracle....
Sorry if I'm being rude but in this world of constant advertising, sometimes being humble rewards you way more than the opposite.

Is see that like an art piece for stoner more than a real vaporizer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom