Stopping accesive sweating

Mckdenton

This is my first post in probably over a year and it's about sweat. I sweat heavily in my armpital region, but I have noticed if I vape throughout the day my sweating is next to none. kinda interesting i think. anyone else notice this?
:peace:

Mckdenton,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Its a condition called Hyperhidrosis and yes there is a 'remedy'. I only WISH I had hyperhidrosis under my armpits - sadly its on my face. I sweat like a MADMAN if it is remotely warm, or if I do something that raises my heartrate. (Post runs were the worst as I would sweat profusely for an hour or so after a shower)

At any rate, there were 3 different treatment options that I have used with varying degrees of success.

1 - Something like a 'Zinc Oxide' topical solution. The script name for it is 'Dry-Sol'. Chances are they will start you off of something like this. I believe it goes on before your deodorant and should help control perspiration. Sadly for me all it did was run into my eyes when I continued sweating.

2 - Some pill shit. I cant remember what the name of this crap was but it sucked. It made me feel like utter shit (no energy/sick) by the time I got it up to an effective dose.

3 - Botox. This was the only solution that worked out for me and my excessive sweating, but unfortunately the only way to administer it is via needle and syringe. The difference between cosmetic Botox treatments and the HH treatment is this is subcutaneous. (Or barely under the surface of the skin) - Just enough to shut off the sweat glands for a few months.

Talk to your doctor and see if you cant get a referral to a dermatologist. This IS a treatable condition and I wish I would have looked into it YEARS ago.

Good luck!

EDIT - Damn it... I failed to read the part that vaping helps alleviate it for you.
Damn it all :p

AGBeer,

pngwyn

Hey, I have had a similar problem since I can remember.

Whenever I get nervous/anxious and sometimes even just randomly I will start perspiration from my forehead/back of my neck to an extreme amount. MJ DOES get rid of this for as long as the high lasts from my experience.

Sadly, I have looked into all the options that AGBeer mentioned, but I just haven't found any of them a better solution to MJ. I also feel that MJ shouldn't be the ultimate solution and I am constantly hoping some more breakthroughs in its research.

A lot of topical applications can't be used for me since it's on my face, and having to get my face injected every few months doesn't seem pleasant or worth it in my case.

For now MJ seems to be a great relief though :)

pngwyn,

djonkoman

I get the sweatiness too sometimes, for me it's probably worst on my hands, wich is really annoying when loading weed into my VG(or a pipe, or rolling). it isn't something I have often enough to really bother me tough, it did become much more frequent and worse during a short tolerance break.

what's worse is that I apparently have a lower heat tolerance as most, most people(and offices etc) I know keep their hearting on 20 degrees(celsius) in winter, wich is way too hot for me, it gives me glowing/burning cheeks and overheated ears(as a kid I used to always look for cold surfaces like metal to hold my ears against, but there isn't really a way that you can do that as an adult without seeming really weird :( luckily I have the overheated ears much less often now, but t's replaced by the glowing cheeks and general having it too warm)
I like my heating at 17, max. 18 degrees
and I have a very intense hatered for floorwarming, I think it's one of man's most evil horrifying inventions ever.. I like my floors cold, I get hot feet easily(while cold feet don't bother me at all), I also keep wearing sandals up intill late into the year, usually untill the first frost or so
the problem is that at public buildings I always have it too warm in winter

djonkoman,

Mathair Naduir

Cannabis And Vapor Connoisseur
I too have hyperhidrosis of the palms. I have had it ever since I was a young child in pre-school. I used to think I had it horribly, until I did research on Palmar Hyperhidrosis and found out the others have it MUCH worse. My hands are only moist when you tough them, can maybe get a paper a bit wet when writing, makes it a little difficult to shake hands with people due to embarrassment. Just look up on youtube hyperhidrosis and compare it to what you have; you may end up realizing you basically have nothing compared to what some people have to suffer through.

When I was younger I would constantly be searching of home remedies and medications to cure this issue. After I started using cannabis, and still had yet to try out any medication for my excessive sweating, I came to the revelation that I would never rely on some man made medication for some minor thing like moist hands.

Though it can be frustrating, embarrassing, and annoying, I have come to just accept it and have learned how to deal with it.

Mathair Naduir,

MG23

Relaxin'
Check out Certain Dri deodorant. It's sold at most any large store and it works fantastic for excessive pit sweat. It is the only antiperspirant i've tried that actually works for me.
When I use normal antiperspirant my pits sweat -more- than if I didn't wear anything at all but Certain Dri works wonders.

What an odd couple of sentences to type into a vaporizer forum.

MG23,

vape4life

Banned for life
For me and I reckon many others, it's WITHDRAWL. I have always sweated excessively too but have been a pothead for a very looooong time. Whether it's sports, or sleeping, or whatever, if i'm a daily user it's not much of a problem, but if I go without it's a big issue. I'm on day 15 clean now and last night was the ONLY night so far where I haven't had SOAKING night sweats. I know this is FC and all, but people really need to stop downplaying some of the negative sides of this drug.

My advice is to abstain for 1 month+ and then see if there is any improvement. If this has occurred before you even used, then forget what I said. It's just another point of view that's all.

Good luck.

vape4life,

Smokey

Cloud Master
Vaping certain herbs helps with sweating, one that I'm aware of is the white sage, it has astringent properties.

Smokey,

ripebuds

vape4life said:
For me and I reckon many others, it's WITHDRAWL. I have always sweated excessively too but have been a pothead for a very looooong time. Whether it's sports, or sleeping, or whatever, if i'm a daily user it's not much of a problem, but if I go without it's a big issue. I'm on day 15 clean now and last night was the ONLY night so far where I haven't had SOAKING night sweats. I know this is FC and all, but people really need to stop downplaying some of the negative sides of this drug.

My advice is to abstain for 1 month+ and then see if there is any improvement. If this has occurred before you even used, then forget what I said. It's just another point of view that's all.

Good luck.

Totally with you on that dude. I have been a daily user for about 6 years, and for the last 2 I have exclusively vaped. I am a very active person, Postman on a bike by job (usually done baked) and an avid road cyclist by hobby (usually done baked), and excessive sweating is never a prob. I haven't vaped for the past 3 days and every night I have woken up on a body shaped pool of sweat in my bed. This is abnormal, I dont sweat much when vaping. People who say there are no withdrawal symptoms from cannabis are so wrong. This may be slightly off topic.

ripebuds,

Carbon

Do you use an anti-perspirant? I still have some issues with sweating but believe it or not they were greatly reduced when I went off of anti-perspirant and just used a regular deodorant. Also being in better physical shape tended to make my random sweating mostly go away, but I haven't kept that up.

Carbon,

Ymir

Look for the old spice anti-perspiration stick, it has the highest concentration of the aluminum ingredient (23%). However, there's a large number of scientists believe that long term exposure to aluminum is not good for you......
I've recently switched to an organic deodorant. I vape for a whole other reason....

Ymir,

djonkoman

I don't use deodorant at all :lol:
I forgot to put it on almost always anyway, I myself don't smell the difference(I don't have a very good nose), and on the days it may actually matter I don't want it, with this I mean hot sunny summerdays, because when I go ride my bicycle in that kind of weather and I have deodorant on my armpits get all itchy(also sweaty), while if I don't wear it they just get sweaty but not itchy

djonkoman,

aero18

vaporist
Ymir said:
Look for the old spice anti-perspiration stick, it has the highest concentration of the aluminum ingredient (23%). However, there's a large number of scientists believe that long term exposure to aluminum is not good for you......
I've recently switched to an organic deodorant. I vape for a whole other reason....

It is unknown whether the body can even expel the aluminum, and there is some association with a deposition of aluminum and Alzheimer's.

aero18,

crawdad

floatin
ive tried many things, the only thing that worked (took about a week or so of using for it to kick in) is odaban. i use it infrequently now as i have it mostly under control, finally...but spent years with it and it can be hell. you order it online at odaban.com i usually get a couple at a time and will last me a a year or so now that i just maintain.

best of luck, dont do surgery as ive read way too many reports of how the side effects are way worse than the condition you attempt to treat with a knife. :peace:

crawdad,
Top Bottom