• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Stash Jar

disruptxd

Good Morning Y'all.

Looking into purchasing a new stash jar - currently have the herb guard from amazon, but I agree with some reviews that it isn't worth the money.

The lid is plastic, and for a permanent stash solution I would not want that.

What do you guys currently use?

disruptxd,
Reactions: arb

disruptxd

I use mason jars for at home storage, but on the go I like the Jyarz containers. I like my herbs touching glass, and the outer container serves to protect the glass and hold in smell.

Gotcha. I just purchased a pack of amber ball mason jars. Think on the go I'll just use my biophotonic jar

I use several cannadors. They are great!

Cannadors seem interesting but I don't understand why it's priced so high - essentially they're glass jars with plastic lids inside a "custom" wooden box, and you throw a boveda/integra in there. Maybe you have some more insight on why it's worth the cost?

Yes, but not quite as much as a “biophotonic jar.”

I still keep my jars in an additional drawer in a closet away from light/heat though.

I currently have a biophotonic jar (Herb Guard) but I realize that the lid is plastic and the styrofoam on the inside may be problematic, not something I'd want in my storage. I'll most likely go forward with the mason jar route.

Kins

Cananadors maintain perfect humidity for your herb. You can either use the bead system which seems like it might be superiror or drop in some boveda packs in your jars. The bead system is something that's built in. You have these beads that you run water on then put it back in the cannador. I've also just used the packs. You can also purchase a humidity a bluetooth hygrometer that goes with it and monitors your humidity. I didn't have a cell phone when I purchased so I tried using the app with an emulator and that didn't work at all. Now I have a cell phone so it would definitely work for me now. They are also air tight and hand made. You can lock them up too. They have all different options, even for the wood they use to build your cannador. Also you can get a pretty good coupon code if you ask them. I always get at least 20 percent off when I order from them.

disruptxd

Cananadors maintain perfect humidity for your herb. You can either use the bead system which seems like it might be superiror or drop in some boveda packs in your jars. The bead system is something that's built in. You have these beads that you run water on then put it back in the cannador. I've also just used the packs. You can also purchase a humidity a bluetooth hygrometer that goes with it and monitors your humidity. I didn't have a cell phone when I purchased so I tried using the app with an emulator and that didn't work at all. Now I have a cell phone so it would definitely work for me now. They are also air tight and hand made. You can lock them up too. They have all different options, even for the wood they use to build your cannador. Also you can get a pretty good coupon code if you ask them. I always get at least 20 percent off when I order from them.

on a technical level, how would the cannador maintain perfect humidity more than a mason jar + humidity pack? I do like the aesthetics of it however, they look sophisticated for sure.

Thanks for the recommendation. The lack of additional technical benefit doesn't justify the purchase for me, might consider it in the future when I want a nicer looking option.

Kins

on a technical level, how would the cannador maintain perfect humidity more than a mason jar + humidity pack? I do like the aesthetics of it however, they look sophisticated for sure.

Thanks for the recommendation. The lack of additional technical benefit doesn't justify the purchase for me, might consider it in the future when I want a nicer looking option.

I'm terrible at explaining things, but I'm sure if you emailed them they would answer any and all of your questions. They are great with customer service and will do anything to help customers out. At least that's my experience with them.

Here is a cheaper alternative from the same company,

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
@SatanLovestoVape , if you're in the States, how much was shipping if you recall? To get ship on the site you gotta go through part of the check out process. :rolleyes: Not happening. :spliff:

how would the cannador maintain perfect humidity more than a mason jar + humidity pack?
I'm terrible at explaining things

You could try to explain it to us; can't hurt to try. :brow: :popcorn: ... 😉

Last edited:
Summer,
Reactions: arb

SatanLovestoVape

if you're in the States, how much was shipping if you recall? To get ship on the site you gotta go through part of the check out process. :rolleyes: Not happening. :spliff:
I think I paid around $35 for my good vibes jar. The owner does have esty store that might save shipping costs. Also, 420edc has some solid colors. I know they might seem expensive, but worth the investment. I dropped the jar on my hardwood floor and no breakage :D. It saved my bud from getting glass shards.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I also use all sizes of mason jars. I use a small jelly jar for my daily grind material. It has a small boveda pack in it, although I don't think it does much as I'm constantly opening and closing it.

For long term storage I use larger jars and also use a vacuum sealing lid made by ThriftyVac. I feel it draws out a significant amount of air and helps keep my buds in great condition. I thought he had given up on amazon and was selling them on his own website, but I can't locate it and his amazon site is out of stock. I would buy more if I can find them. I also use a 62 boveda pack in each and store them in the cool dark basement.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I've been using a UV blocking glass jar on amazon for a couple years now. Eventually I got tired of it and it became more of a hassle as I got my hands on more strains at once and I didnt want to mix them.

I just got some C-Vaults and Jyarz, and theyre great. I got 1 medium and 2 small C-Vaults, and one of each Jyarz to try out. The C-Vaults are better for long term storage, completely air tight, no light gets in, and theres a slot in the lid for a boveda pack to keep humidity at the right levels. I'll pull a little out, grind some up, and dump it into a Jyarz for a couple days of usage. Right now I have a different strain in each C-Vault, just picked up a half an ounce of Big Smooth which went into the medium size, a quarter ounce of white widow and a quarter ounce of GSC, both going into the small c-vaults. If I didnt have 3 different strains, if I had one or two, I would be using the medium as a long term storage container and the smalls as an interim between long term and daily.

Kins

I had a bunch of Cvaults at one time. Had to return them because they all came with dents and scratches and none of them would lock or shut correctly.

Kins,

Mr. Me2

@Kins , I’m sorry you had a bad CVault experience. Did you try calling the company. From my experience, they are VERY responsive and helpful. I hope they help you out.

@disruptxd , I hope you give CVault a try, or at least a look. I’m a big fan.

Kins

@Kins , I’m sorry you had a bad CVault experience. Did you try calling the company. From my experience, they are VERY responsive and helpful. I hope they help you out.

@disruptxd , I hope you give CVault a try, or at least a look. I’m a big fan.

Yeah I called the retailer/e-tailer. They told me most of them had dents and scratches so I shipped them back for some store credit. It's ok because I have a ton of space, room with my cannadors that I have.

Kins,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
You are younger than I thought Gino!
You are well experienced!

Funny how we have preconceived notions and expectations based just on handles and a few years chatting online...

zor

Cvaults are AWESOME.

I live by Jyarz and CVaults.
The stainless is susceptible to marking and scratches, but that does not affect functionality. Sorry you had a bad run.

Same! I'm clumsy at best when sober, so things just go downhill from there. I love how protective jyarz are, I use mason jars for my abv flower and have broken a few jars over the years :p Satchmos are perfect for the eighths I like to get, and as I like to make bulk purchases I have a stupidly large cvault (8L volume, ordered it when medicated, oops) that I toss all my unopened packages in, despite all expectations none are ever airtight and I don't like dry bud. I also have a much smaller one for homegrows from friends.

Damn, I just noticed how banged up the lids are on both of my cvaults, though it looks just cosmetic. That really sucks @Kins , I can easily see the lids becoming a point of failure.

zor,
Reactions: Summer
Top Bottom