SSV vs Vriptech heat wand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazymark

Hello all this is my first post here. I am looking at buying one of these vapes and was wondering which peeps prefer and why. Which one gives off the thicker hits? I am leaning towards the SSV as I live in the UK and there is no UK plug on the Vriptech Heat Wand. What does everyone reckon?

mod note: Please get familiar with the forum before making a thread. The subtitle for this section is "Vapor related but not model specific". Moved to Ask FC.

hazymark,

Khantagious

Hi hazy, welcome to the forum. I'm pretty new here, too, but this place is a great resource with lots of valuable information and friendly folks.

I'm not really familiar with the SSV, but I have used the VHW before, and actually am planning to get one pretty soon. However, I do know enough about the SSV to know that it is a completely different type of tool from the VHW, and that comparing the two is like comparing apples and orangutans.

The SSV is a whip-style device, where you either draw directly from the tubing or you attach the tubing to a piece of glass, but the heating element and the herb are away from you, in the SSV which is sitting on the table or some surface in front of you. The only thing in your hand(s) is the tubing, and a glass piece if you are using one. From what people on this forum say, the SSV seems to be a very high quality example of this common type of vaporizer.

The VHW is somewhat of a unique beast, and it is probably a bit more complicated to use, because it requires you to actively hold the device in your hand and bring it up to the herb, which is sitting in the bowl of a glass piece (a bong or pipe of some sort is required, preferably the glass that vriptech designed specially for the VHW).

I use a Vriptech glass piece with a heatgun right now, and even though I am saving for a VHW, once I get it, I will still certainly use the heat gun as well, when I just want a quick vape or two and I don't want to wait for the VHW to heat up. The VHW does take a long time to heat up, and you have to be very careful with it while it is hot. It is also extremely fragile. The SSV looks like it would certainly be much more forgiving in this regard. That said, the VHW gave me the milkiest, tastiest vapor I have ever had in my life, and from what I have been told, nothing else really rivals it.

Khantagious,

SD_haze

nothing else really rivals it.
time to get introduced to the vapexhale cloud :D

@hazy,
if you are looking for big hits, SSV is the king.
there is a learning curve, but some find that part of the fun.

the VHW's specialty is delivering un-adulturated tasty decently-milked hits but it is definitely fragile & might not be the best choice for a first & only vape
:2c:

SD_haze,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Is the VHW just 120V AC powered, or does it incorporate some kind of regulated DC supply with 120-240V input?

If it just runs off 120V then remember you'd have to buy another step down transformer of the right capacity. They can add to weight and bulk if you're worried about portability. In which case I'd go for the SSV myself in your situation as that can just plug straight into the wall socket if you get the 220-240V?version. (I did! it's a great vape- the one I use the most) :2c:

WatTyler,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom