SSV vs LSV

Zingbuddah

Vaporologist
First post and I want to thank everyone at FC for helping me make great vape choices over the last two years that I have lurked in these forums without registering. You guys have taken me from a craptastic fishbowl vape to living in style with the MFLB, PD, Volcano and VG just to name a few.

That said, I am currently looking to purchase my next system here in the next month and need some advice on which route to take. Right now the choice is between the SSV and LSV as my first 'wand' syle vape...I have read most of both of the reviews here and here is what I know so far:

Both are:
-Based around the ceramic soldering iron concept (looks like both use the exact same assembly)
-Compatible with most waterpipe systems and highly customizable

The LSV really has me hooked with the LS 'coolness' factor but I am concerned with the long glass stem breaking...I have had a bad track record with glass in the past and my Vrip collection is almost at zero because of it....

On the flip side, the SSV seems to be a well thought out system (both SSV and other box-style vapes) and has been on the market a bit longer. I like the tabletop concept but it would be just as easy to create a kick-ass stand for the LSV.

Can anyone speak on the biggest pro/con between the two? If you are a fan of one over the other, what would you tell your best bud to sway his purchase?

-J

Zingbuddah,

Nycdeisel

I would personally pick the LSV, but you say you are have a problem with glass breaking, and both units have an almost equal amount of glass(you can use the shorty vapor tube on the LSV instead of the long one, or you can use the WPA(water pipe adapter).

And "other box style vapes" are definitely NOT well thought out, clearly, examples include the VaporBros and other no name or shitty box style whip vaporizers, the designs are simply flawed.
The best whip type vapes on the market are the DBV and the SSV, if you want a whip, choose one of those two, period. If you want whip style type hits, but without all the bulky tubing, nasty tubing taste, and inability to clean the tubing after it has been used, then get the LSV.

Not everyone has a problem with the tubing, but its really the only flaw that some find from the DBV/SSV

Nycdeisel,

max

Out to lunch
Nycdeisel said:
The only good whip type vapes on the market are the DBV and the SSV
Forgot your IMO, didn't you? And I'm not a fan of the Vapor Bros. but dumping it in the same category as "no name or shitty(?)" boxes is not warranted. Nasty tubing taste? Don't think I've heard that strong a statement before, and along with the only 7th Floor makes good whip vapes comment, I think you've set some kind of record.

max,

Nycdeisel

Wow you just have to pick my post aprt because I may have made a mistake(I will edit JUST FOR YOU!), youre a tough motherfucker arent ya?

:peace:

Nycdeisel,

Zingbuddah

Vaporologist
Cool...more than enough info to help make the decision. The only shortcoming I could see was the base so I'm going to come up with a prototype for my 3d printer while I wait for arrival of the LSV.

I'd have to side with NYC on the VB though...that box kept me away from box vapes for far too long after a so-so experience.

Thanks!

Zingbuddah,

Troi

If you were going to pick the two the LSV is the better device, however if your going to get a LSV, I would suggest getting a Vriptech vripmaster instead, as its very close in price and goes the extra mile vs the LSV with the all glass airpath, ceramic heater doesnt touch glass, thermally heats the air heading to herb thermally through a glass enclosure.

Troi,
Troi makes excellent points. LSV is def more robust and less delicate than the Vriptech, though. But if flavor and robust hits are your very top priority, and you can deal with the fragility of the Vrip, then I'd go with da Tek'.

The LSV is the apparent ultimate end of a good but simple technology. Vriptech, Supreme, VXC are in that ill defined next-gen category and all have reputations for super dense, highly flavorful vapor.

I DO enjoy my LSV, mind you. It's just nothing truly revolutionary.

charliedontsurf,

Troi

I agree on the delacacy point above, the lsv is quite sturdy and it is nice how there's some protection against burning yourself, vs with the vriptech extreamly hot areas are exposed, but from a connesour prospective My lsv has started collecting dust since i got the vripmaster, to it's credit the lsv was my workhorse before the vrip, also i can't see why 7th floor does not make the jump and encapsulate that element i'n glass... With there design this would be easy to upgrade, simply a new heater cover...

Troi,
Top Bottom