SSV vs Ditanium vs Evo

Chronicele

Hey all, looking for a daily driver hard-hitter to compliment my Plenty (which is currently being sent in for repairs).

Essentially looking for the most powerful vapor production of SSV, Ditanium, Evo for flower as that's my main source. I know the consensus here and elsewhere is that the Flowerpot is likely stronger, but not currently looking for that formfactor (possibly in the future). Would like to have a whip setup in addition to glass too. I prefer easiness to clean but not a deal breaker.

Appreciate the thoughts!

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
These kinds of questions are difficult, because you can get equally powerful vapor from any of these with the right technique. And, the SSV and Ditanium are basically the same kind of vape, so pick whichever you like the look of better between those two.

One thing I can say is that the SSV has the longest history of quality and upstanding customer service from the manufacturer. Not that the other two aren't good, but they just haven't been around as long to build the track-record that 7th Floor has for their customer support.

Texus

As I see it, the SSV has the advantage of the SSV43 balls mod, which apparently takes it to the next level. Details here, but be sure that you will not have any possibility of spillage of those red hot balls: https://420vapezone.com/ssv43-symphony-glass-bead-vape-mod-for-the-silver-surfer/

Ditanium may have a little more appeal in the design, home decoration consideration. And there is also a ball mod that has been used to make the Ditanium a heavier hitter as well (tho this means no more dab functionality if you do full mod). Plus there are a few glass attachment options if you decide not to go with a whip. Both a glass piece sold by Sneaky Pete/Great North: https://vapenorth.ca/products/ditanium-whipless-handpiece?variant=12558371586126
Or DDave has a kit that does much the same thing:
Sounds like combo dabs and flower aren't much your thing, but they are awesome. Just sayin....

What you haven't mentioned that I'd put on any list of daily driver heavy hitters is the VapBong/OAB from Collyland. Hits like nothing else I've ever used. Effortless, but huge hits. Airflow is incredible and just a great experience. You can see a few examples of how folks have put a whip attachment on theirs. I own a Ditanium too, and a number of other hot vaporizers like FW7, Bowle, Sticky Brick, etc. But the Collyland probably the only piece that I'd replace immediately if it was somehow broken or lost. It is that ridiculously good.

hoptimum

Of those 3, I've been using the 7th Floor vapes most often lately. I have a DBV with ruby balls and an SSV with the spherical set up facing off against one another, along with a log. The Ditanium is nice if you want to vape flower and concentrates simultaneously. I haven't used my VXL Cloud for a while. I find that I can customize the 7th Floor vapes more easily than most. The vapor from all of them is consistently spectacular

CANtalk

Each of the three is a good vape with its own strengths and weaknesses.

Fwiw, I looked closely when buying and personally went with the EVO... and never looked back. It's got one of the biggest power consumption heaters out there (as much as the Flowerpot) and is equally adept at macrodosing and microdosing. Easy to clean is a great thing to have, and was ultra important to me... and the EVO delivers there well too; my current routine is a 8 minute PBW hot water ultrasonic cleaner soak of a dry mouthpiece, VapeXnails and ELBs, and it all comes out hands off spotlessly clean. All three vapes can use a whip, though a whip is never easy to clean or keep clean. The EVO even has a 4 person whip setup, it's quite the look.

Good luck with choosing... all have their own merits.

:peace: :leaf:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Don't own or tried a ssv , gotta ditanium And just tried a mod, borrowed a Evo for a week and I also have a both flowerpots. All of these vapes will hit harder than the plenty because they can achieve higher temperature vapour which for me are the strongest effects you can get from vaping both vapour production and that full lung feeling and strongest high with most intense onset .

Like I said I can't comment much about the ssv other than others love it and it's well respected.

Ditanium is good if you are interested in large bowls or a entry level concentrate vape, it's a pretty good vape but I've moved away from both of those things so mine hasn't seen any use for a while before today. Still it has its charms :tup: The sneaky Pete's whipless adapter is a must for a all glass vapour path! It's basically a j-hook which also does a good job cooling the vapour! However even with the mod it's no flowerpot :( Now onto the worse news :uhoh: At 1 o'clock on the dial the rubies touching the heater were almost black which is harder than I would like to push them (even in my e elev8r they never got darker than blood red and it hits harder than the ditanium as well) granted with the rubies I was down from 2 to 1 temp wise and getting similar performance if not a little better but still don't like what it does to the rubies 🤬 still I had two wands which is a substantially bigger bowl then I have these days so I was pretty ripped! Definitely can't say the ditanium can't get you baked 🥴 still I'm not happy with the mod so I've taken it apart. Ditanium was my DD for almost a year before I got my weedeater...... Alright back in the box you go :whip:⚰️

The Evo has a bit better performance, closer to the Flowerpot but probably has the smallest bowl but if you want a bigger session have a few pre loaded elb's and switching between them is super fast and easy! It does have the same flaw all your choices have which is the nob 😅 you either need good eyes and memory to remember and find your settings or put marks on the unit, not impossible but I vastly prefer the by the degree precision of my Flowerpot. I'd also say unlike the ssv and ditanium the Evo doesn't require stirring 🤔

Out of your choices I'd go Evo but if you think you might get a Flowerpot just save yourself some time and money and just buy it if you have somewhere safe to keep it?

At the risk of stirring the pot are you open to other choices? Vapes like the tinymight and firewood 7 basically have desktop level performance these days:2c:

howie105

I don't know about the other vapes on your list, but I am deep into the ELEV8 rabbit hole. The Surfer is a workhorse, bigger than many other vapes, works well with a wide range of loads (stock .45g to .2g), easy to maintain and usually has a long working life and power is understated but abundant. Full disclosure time I am more of an LSV fan, its smaller form factor is more adaptable while maintaining the core SSV capabilities, so giving the LSV a look might be worthwhile. Enjoy your search and new vape.

Texus

At the risk of stirring the pot are you open to other choices? Vapes like the tinymight and firewood 7 basically have desktop level performance these days:2c:

As much as I love my FW7 (and Bowle and Mighty), I've gotta disagree there. I don't consider any of those in the league of a quality desktop vape (which in my collection would be unmodded Ditanium, VapBong, Viking). What is that old phrase for cars: "No replacement for displacement."? Something like that applies to vapes too in my experience.

Can't beat a good ole heatsoak with continuous power and no sag as batteries lose their juice. Why is the VapBong so great? IMHO it is the ceramic mass being heated by the coil. Just as these glass ball mods are giving the user a similar step up.

HighVapeEnthusiast

I just grabbed a used 10y old SSV (150€) added the spherical Wand and heater-cover, also added 50 3mm SI3N4 balls.
This beast hit like a truck for real just by setting the knob to a quarter.
If it set higher it will combust.:brow::rolleyes:
I like to use it native with mp at tube or with water/bong or a J-Hook.
Respect fot this dinosaur vape...

Peace and stay high:leaf::peace:

Top Bottom