SSV screen inhaled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nev

I have the ground glass wand and have been having some trouble getting the screen in place. I know the instructions but I think I have some oversized screens. But here is the issue. Sometimes the screens get slightly kinked up and begin to fray a little bit on the sides after repeated attempts at getting the screen in place. Yesterday I was hitting the SSV and had some sudden chest pain. It was not a huge hit or anything, it didn't make me cough. However the chest pain lasted through the night and is still going on today. It's not severe and is not preventing me from breathing or functioning like normal, but it is irritating. Do you think I could have inhaled a tiny piece of the screen? If that had actually happened don't you think I would have coughed a lot? It's very odd to me and I want to know if it's something I should be concerned about. I decided to order some of the 7th floor glass screens and I am hoping they will work out better for me.

Nev,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
You might inhaled an dust particle or some tubing hash :) .. It happened to me :) .

Abysmal Vapor,

Nev

Abysmal Vapor said:
You might inhaled an dust particle or some tubing hash :) .. It happened to me :) .
so i assume i am safe? Will this pain go away after a couple more days? It kind of freaks me out as i cant find any information anywhere about inhaling something small and sharp into your lungs. At the moment my chest just burns a little bit. Nothing major, but definitely not normal

Nev,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Nev said:
Abysmal Vapor said:
so i assume i am safe? Will this pain go away after a couple more days? It kind of freaks me out as i cant find any information anywhere about inhaling something small and sharp into your lungs. At the moment my chest just burns a little bit. Nothing major, but definitely not normal
Inhaling a particle is bad no matter what it is.. But oraganic i think is the better case.. Anyway if pain does not goes away 48 hours after you first felt it.. i would see a doctor..
I really know what is too feel unright and to think of the possible health issues and googling horible stories and pics :).. Few days ago i ingested some wild mushrooms and 2 days later i felt some heaviness in my liver.. or stomach i don't know.. But i started reading about all kinds of mushroom poisonings.. and ended up that i got orelanin poisoning because.. it starts 3days to 3 weeks .. after ingestion and it is very dangerous..
Anyway if i went to the doctor first i would have save me many hours of google-ing and worries.. and imaginary symptoms ..:)
So if you start to worry too much just go the hospital it is open 24/7 and you will comfort your mind .

Abysmal Vapor,

Nev

Abysmal Vapor said:
Nev said:
Abysmal Vapor said:
Inhaling a particle is bad no matter what it is.. But oraganic i think is the better case.. Anyway if pain does not goes away 48 hours after you first felt it.. i would see a doctor..
I really know what is too feel unright and to think of the possible health issues and googling horible stories and pics :).. Few days ago i ingested some wild mushrooms and 2 days later i felt some heaviness in my liver.. or stomach i don't know.. But i started reading about all kinds of mushroom poisonings.. and ended up that i got orelanin poisoning because.. it starts 3days to 3 weeks .. after ingestion and it is very dangerous..
Anyway if i went to the doctor first i would have save me many hours of google-ing and worries.. and imaginary symptoms ..:)
So if you start to worry too much just go the hospital it is open 24/7 and you will comfort your mind .
ill definitely do that. I would think due to reflex i would cough a lot until whatever is in my lung comes out. But i could be wrong. I know very little about lungs. Everything i read said if something was in there id cough it out. So if the pain isnt gone in a couple of days ill do to a doctor.

Nev,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
If it's really pain I'd definitely have it looked at, but could it perhaps be just an irritation from the heat?

Good luck anyways, I hope it's nothing to serious!

OhTheAgony,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Sour Deez said:
hook your ssv up to a water pipe, any particles will get stuck in the water.

+1,its totally worth doing. I remember that a LOT of fine particles got past the screens in whip vapes especially, it seemed. Especially if you stir/break up the bud while its in the wand, lots of powdery fine partiall7 vaped bud will get through on the next inhale, getting stuck in the buildup on the wand or on the hosing, or will end up passing all the way through it to your mouth.

Run it through water and suddenly no worries like that.

steiner666,
Reactions: darkrom

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Nev said:
Abysmal Vapor said:

I am not a doctor. Other people here are probably not doctors. If I was a doctor I would not give you any advice other than to say 'go to a doctor and be honest'. No offense, but it's your health, and you've only got one of them. I would rather lose a job than my health.

Tom

tdavie,
Reactions: darkrom

chant121

I just got over a really bad coughing fit on a volcano bag just then - think it was either hash or oil buildup - it bloody hurts - almost felt like i was gunna puke at one point ,.,kinda putting me off vaping altogether, moments like these

Water filtrations seems to be the way i guess ..

I too have had worries of inhaling small pieces strands of gauze/fine lumps of concentrates and irritating organic matter in the past, can not be healthy :(

The fact that when a vape is used too we inhale it directly into our lungs in a different way than smoking a bowl ( in the mouth first ) Means the aberrational particles go straight to the lungs

chant121,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Sometimes the screens get slightly kinked up and begin to fray a little bit on the sides after repeated attempts at getting the screen in place. Yesterday I was hitting the SSV and had some sudden chest pain.

Yeah the SSV ground glass whip screen lets a bunch of particles through the edges, where the screen meets glass, so if it is frayed on the edges it would let even more through. So it could have been just some plant material that you inhaled.

+1 on vaporbonging, it will trap all particles that make it past the screen. Kinda scary to wonder how much you could of inhaled already.

Good luck, hopefully its nothing too serious.

Tweak,

chant121

Yeah the SSV ground glass whip screen lets a bunch of particles through the edges, where the screen meets glass, so if it is frayed on the edges it would let even more through. So it could have been just some plant material that you inhaled.

+1 on vaporbonging, it will trap all particles that make it past the screen. Kinda scary to wonder how much you could of inhaled already.

Good luck, hopefully its nothing too serious.

Lol I dont think you realised the date :)

chant121,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom