SSSV2 Upgrade?

bestvaping

I would like to customize my Super Surfer Vaporizer V2 by insulating the air path (this one crossing a whole bunch of unnecessary bullshit) as well as transform it into a vape ball.

The main idea is simply to add two fittings allowing the addition of a pipe (It will still not be ideal but it will be clearly better than the current design. I think?).

5rmt.png

I am currently working on the first part, And I would like to know if a craftsman here would be able to make this piece?

Or if someone has a good address to do this:

no94.png

The material would certainly be stainless steel but I am open to the suggestion? The small 5mm hole is used to pass the cables from the ceramic heater. This part is connected directly to the original part (only the screws are to be changed for a larger length).

itrq.png

It is designed to adapt to an original SSV tubing (13mm OD/ 9.5mm ID) of a length to be determined. But it is possible to add a silicone food/medical grade tube for more thermal resistance (compared to vinyl).

I would like to get a prototype before considering the design of the second part.

If an accessories manufacturer passes here it would be great (I am in Europe), I am ready to provide manufacturing files!

I will provide all the information necessary for the modification once the tests carried out and successful.

If someone has remarks or suggestion do not hesitate. Thanks!

PS: depending on the result of the prototype, the part may change.

Last edited:

bestvaping

I made some changes to the prototype here:

gqv5.png

However, I can't find a manufacturer 😔

I made some quotes for a stainless steel 304 manufacturing but the cost does not suit me, Indeed I am asked between $ 90-170 USD for this part.

I do not know the prices of materials and manufacturing, what do you think?

What other material can be qualified as clean and having a rather weak manufacturing cost and that could agree here?

bestvaping,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

bestvaping

I still made some modifications of the previous drawing, I finally had 3D printed prototypes, and I also found a Chinese manufacturer for the final part in SS304.

tvqa.png

The first part is finished, It probably should no longer be modified, But I prefer to wait to finish part two before sharing the 3D file for what it interests.

The second part is in progress (it's the most complicated here):

gml9.png

I still have to join the fan outlet, I will probably need a few prototypes before the final part. Once the tests are successful I share the 3D plans.

It may also be necessary to provide a reinforcement hose (a length to be determined) in order to avoid the folds between the two parts when reassembly.

bestvaping

It is impossible to connect the two part with glass, this will make the reassembly impossible. a silicone or vinyl hose can be used. I still have the ideal length to be determined when reassembling the unit. Did I understand your question well?

azr9.png

The part on the left is the original SSV (this is the part on which I connect part 1, inside the unit and where I connect the pipe (picture one of my previous post)), probably an alloy, I would like to do it ideally in glass, do you think it is possible? It is simply an 18mm connection but how to fix it ..

You will find more information and image here on the vaporizer:

https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/super-surfer-vaporizer.15315/page-14#post-1693793

Last edited:
bestvaping,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

lazylathe

Almost there...
@bestvaping

I saw this thread a while ago and just recently found this part:

A custom made glass part to turn your SSV into a ball vape!
I am sure this would also isolate your wires.

bestvaping

Hey @lazylathe thank you for the information, yes indeed I saw that some time ago, it's great, however it does not solve the problem, in fact it simply adds the addition of ball more easily. The big problem with the SSSV and all the electronics (and others) in the air path, because the air inlet on this model is located under the unit and passes through the fan (it's not like on the silver) .. I confess I haven't worked on this project for some time (I'm working on something much better, I'll be talking about it here very soon) .. I haven't given up but it will take more time (because it requires a lot of prototypes and money) :myday:

Top Bottom