SSI/Disabillity

Cody420

This is my first time posting on here. I am 22 years old I live in wisconsin at home with my parents . A couple years ago I had cancer of the kidney so they took it out. I have had cystinosis since i was born it is a rare disease that effects the kidneys, liver, eyes, bones. I take over 40 pills a day and have bad nausea , ive devlopled a infection where i get painful cysts and scaring all over my body, on my face, neck they think it could be from beacuse my kidney is failing. Here is the issues they denied my disabilty so my parents found me a attorney that is pretty good. My parents dont belive that mj helps me and they told me to not use mj incase the attorney drug tests me. Does anyone know if attorney would do a drug test?

Cody420,
Wow brother, my heart is with you. I don't know if an attorney will drug test you, but I don't know why they would. Someone else can probably answer that.
Your parents need to consider your emotional and mental well-being, as well. I am sure they care about your physical well- being, which is why they probably don't have any problems with the 40 pills, but may still have some old beliefs that are based off of drug war propaganda. This prevents them from seeing how you're affected by the herb positively. You need to talk to them, and show them the facts. Also, explain in detail to them the benefits you feel when you partake in your chosen medicine. How it calms you, relaxes, makes it easier to deal with the medical problems. They need a dose of your reality.
That's all I've got, sorry if I couldn't answer your question. Best of luck to you.

SkeletonLips,

lwien

Wow, Cody. You've been delt one helluva hand.

Unfortunately, it is more common than not, that one has to hire an attorney in order to get SSI/Disability but I would not see any reason what so ever that an attorney would require any kind of drug testing. You're particular state may though and they may require a drug test before authorizing SSI/Disability benefits but I would find that quite odd that they would want to do this without probable cause.

Best of luck to ya though. If there's anyone that deserves a bit of that, it sure as hell sounds like you.

Take care...........

lwien,

steiner666

Serial vapist
I know a couple people on SSI and none of them needed to take any sort of drug tests to get on it. I live in a different state though, so I can't say for sure... but i think if any state would be dickheaded enough to require one, it would be mine. I couldn't imagine someone with the condition you have being denied SSI for any reason though, let alone because of THC (which could be from a month or more in the past) in your urine.

This country is so fucked up when it comes to drug-related laws though, so it's hard to say. I wouldn't worry about it. If it makes you feel even the slightest bit better, I wouldn't deny yourself that. GL man.

steiner666,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
lwien said:
they may require a drug test before authorizing SSI/Disability benefits but I would find that quite odd that they would want to do this without probable cause.
I have never heard of a drug test requirement. I have been on Disability since 2002, and I've never had one.

Vicki,

lwien

Vicki said:
lwien said:
they may require a drug test before authorizing SSI/Disability benefits but I would find that quite odd that they would want to do this without probable cause.
I have never heard of a drug test requirement. I have been on Disability since 2002, and I've never had one.
This varies so much from state to state, but I agree. I've never heard of it either.

lwien,
I have never heard of a drug test being required to:

Buy a handgun
Run for political office
Become a parent
Get a driver's license
Practice law
and 1,000 other sundry things.

If they ever required one to receive medical benefits, that would be one FUCKED UP situation. :mad:

I would like to see an IQ test required for all of the items I listed.
I bet there would be a whole lot less of all of them. :2c:

Howie Feltersnatch,

Cody420

Vicki said:
lwien said:
That makes me feel alot better. :)
Yea every doctor that Ive seen said theres no reason why I shouldnt get ssi/disabilty, the attorney said its alot harder for younger people to get it so that could be why I was denied . I gotta get mom and dad to watch The Union maybe then they will realize the lies they have been told. How come thc stays in your system for so long wheras everything else is out of your system whithin a few days?

Cody420,
Top Bottom