Spherical Ground Glass for my SSV?

sublimationpurist

formerly stephenking
I'm about to order my first vaporizer, and I'm pretty sure I want an SSV. I'm interested in efficiency so I'm probably going to get the arizer screens for the wand. I'm also considering getting an ice chamber so I have the option of ice/water filtration. I've read that spherical ground glass is best, and on their website you can choose spherical ground glass heater cover. I was wondering if then comes with a spherical ground glass wand, or comes with a standard one and I would have to buy one separately?

I also want to get a hands free adapter, that metal piece that says "ride the wave." Is all this stuff compatible? Am I missing any parts for this all to work? I'm just kind of confused with all the terms and such and feel like I may be missing something I need. My main confusion is whether I can choose a spherical glass heater cover and not need to add anything not included for this to work? Thanks for the info!

EDIT: Their website says
1 standard whip. (includes standard PYREX quick change wand, 3ft. of 3/4" food grade vinyl tube, clear glass mouthpiece)
Which is what makes me wonder if you choose the spherical heater cover if they give you an incompatible "standard" wand. It would probably be a good idea to get an extra heater cover and wand anyway I suppose.

sublimationpurist,

Snafu

i highly doubt they would leave you hanging with a ground (or normal) heater cover if you get the spherical wand! but give them a call or shoot them an email!

7th Floor LLC
c/o SSV
6331 E Platte Ave
Colorado Springs, CO 80915

Our phone: 1-719-570-9928
Toll Free: 1-866-835-6418
Our Fax: 1-719-219-9729

Email: customercare@7thfloor.biz

or shoot them an email and you will get your answers :)

Snafu,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Chances are this will be moved to the SSV thread but,

The mouthpiece screen/filter trick has nothing to do with efficiency - its merely to help keep particulates from getting into your mouth/lungs. If you are using water filtration this is null.

The SGG connection will come as a SET if you order a new SSV. It has the heater cover (HC) and Wand - these are matched and will come together with your SSV. The HFA (Handsfree Adapter) is different from the standard connection and the SGG ones. Chances are if you are ordering everything at once, they will get the hint that you need the HFA for your SGG setup.

If you buy them seperately, you will have to specify which setup you have.

Also, their bubbler is nice but if you want to save a couple of pennies you can use pretty much any bong setup (with or without) their water pipe adapter.

And on a final note - YER GONNA LOVE IT!
Now get to posting in the correct thread!

AGBeer,

sublimationpurist

formerly stephenking
Thanks! I was talking about using Arizer screens for increased efficiency. Although the hits from an SSV sound great, efficiency is very important to me and so I'm now considering getting a vape known for efficiency and saving a few hundred dollars in the process. I know efficiency is a complex issue, I wish I could try these vapes out before buying but that isn't an option for me.

sublimationpurist,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Ahhhhhhh yes, I see which screen trick you speak of now :p

Well, although the SSV and vaping in general has proven to be more efficient than combustion (for a good few) the SSV is definitely NOT at the top of the list when it comes to efficiency. (Being conservative efficient that is - if you mean getting the most out of your herb efficient then we are on the same page)

The SSV is known for its mind blowing hits and just being an all around awesome vape especially for someone who has never vaped before.

If you are looking for the conservative efficiency route, I would suggest a log vape, the Lotus or a MFLB (with the PA)

AGBeer,

sublimationpurist

formerly stephenking
Yes I meant conservative efficiency. I might just have to get an SSV and an MFLB hehe. I really shouldn't spend that much money, but I want different things from vaporizing than either one offers. Most of the time I want to conserve herb, but I want to be able to take mind blowing hits as well on occasion. I think the PA for the mflb is only for FC membors that posted before October which doesn't qualify me. :( I might have to wait a while before I can get the PA. I'll probably get an inexpensive bong, I can just take the bowl out and insert the hose as long as the downstem is the correct diameter right?

sublimationpurist,

sublimationpurist

formerly stephenking
Excellent, thanks asthyrian!
Also, their bubbler is nice but if you want to save a couple of pennies you can use pretty much any bong setup (with or without) their water pipe adapter.
Can I just stick the hose down an 18.8mm bong downstem? Seems the adapter would be nice to keep my hose from getting nasty in the bong. The adapter would connect to the hose and the fumed end to the bong downstem correct? Shouldn't the adapter be smaller than the downstem so it can fit inside?

sublimationpurist,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
AGBeer said:
Ahhhhhhh yes, I see which screen trick you speak of now :p

Well, although the SSV and vaping in general has proven to be more efficient than combustion (for a good few) the SSV is definitely NOT at the top of the list when it comes to efficiency. (Being conservative efficient that is - if you mean getting the most out of your herb efficient then we are on the same page)

The SSV is known for its mind blowing hits and just being an all around awesome vape especially for someone who has never vaped before.

If you are looking for the conservative efficiency route, I would suggest a log vape, the Lotus or a MFLB (with the PA)

AG, you should really test one of these efficiency MOD's for the SSV wand: arizer dome screen or VB mini-whip...In both cases, your/our mind-blowing hitter will also become a REAL conservative device... I know it sounds impossible, but just try it! ;-)

FLskwat,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
stephenking said:
Excellent, thanks asthyrian!
Can I just stick the hose down an 18.8mm bong downstem? Seems the adapter would be nice to keep my hose from getting nasty in the bong. The adapter would connect to the hose and the fumed end to the bong downstem correct? Shouldn't the adapter be smaller than the downstem so it can fit inside?

Im pretty sure that you should have no issues whatsoever with this setup. When I bought my tube, I told them I didnt even need the bowl (and I got a discount) My connex is a 14 and I have the adapter sold by 7th floor. If I didnt, the tubing would be a rather tight fit in my downstem. You might have a more comfy fit in the downstem of an 18 due to the size of the SSV tubing. (To sum it up - you should have no issues) I just like the water pipe adapter personally, and its not that much more to add to your order. :)

AGBeer,
Top Bottom