SpaceX STARSHIP Torch

checkyourlibido

Curious to see if anyone will try this with any of our beloved vapes. It looks like it's less than $200 shipped to me for the pre-sale. Is it overthrillkill?

I won't link to them since I don't think SpaceX is a sponsor here, even though most of us have seen the moon. From the SpaceX website:
*PRE-SALE. BURNING Q3 2023

The man in black, Johnny Cash knew a thing or two about burning desire. But love isn’t the only thing that burns. Sometimes you just want to caramelize the sugar on a crème brûlée or melt some cheese without all the subtext. Enter the Starship Torch.

Designed to generate a windproof flame worthy of its namesake, the handheld Starship Torch will make easy work of searing anything from steak to meringue. Outside of the kitchen, fire up Starship to light candles or your fireplace. Who needs weak matches when you’ve got the power of Starship in your hands?

When not in use, activate the safety lock and your torch transforms into a bad-ass 1:200 scale model of SpaceX’s Starship spacecraft fit for display.

It’s collectible. It’s functional. And it burns, burns, burns. The Starship Torch.

Features:
• Refilling on-orbit. The Starship Torch is easily refillable with standard butane canisters (not included).
• Ships empty
• Adjustable flame
• Safety lock
• 1:200 scale
• 100% not a toy

checkyourlibido,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I had a friend send me this link too. Seems like a very medium to bad torch for $200. No mention of most of the details I would find useful. It doesn't even tell you the capacity. And it seems like a huge pain in the ass to use.

But it probably won't explode as easily as their rockets do.

checkyourlibido

I had a friend send me this link too. Seems like a very medium to bad torch for $200. No mention of most of the details I would find useful. It doesn't even tell you the capacity. And it seems like a huge pain in the ass to use.

But it probably won't explode as easily as their rockets do.
:)

I was hoping someone here knew more than I do about the specs. It would be a conversation piece. Especially if used as an EDC lighter. :lmao:

checkyourlibido,

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
The man in black, Johnny Cash knew a thing or two about burning desire. But love isn’t the only thing that burns. Sometimes you just want to caramelize the sugar on a crème brûlée or melt some cheese without all the subtext. Enter the Starship Torch.

The incoherence of that lead paragraph is pretty mind-blowing. Would make a great tweet tho.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Elon clearly wasn’t consulted directly on this. Else $200 would secure you a license to be eligible to buy the torch for an additional $420.69.

checkyourlibido

Elon clearly wasn’t consulted directly on this. Else $200 would secure you a license to be eligible to buy the torch for an additional $420.69.
I wouldn’t even pay $42.69 for a torch lol. But I would take one of these at Christmas… If I knew the specs at least.

checkyourlibido,
Top Bottom