Source v versa go

Boreus

I'm super interested in this, I like my Versa a lot. Almost did the pre-order but I think I'll hold off for reviews to roll in. Curious how the bubbler on this is.

anasrzi

Looks a good unit, perhaps better than the ispire daab ive been keen on since I first saw it. Anything with SiC gets my vote. Cheaper too.

Texus

Looks a good unit, perhaps better than the ispire daab ive been keen on since I first saw it. Anything with SiC gets my vote. Cheaper too.
Other than potential reliability and delay issues that seem to consistently plague Source, the big advantage of the Daab (and Wand, and Switch) is induction heating as opposed to needing to mess with atomizers.
Been burned by so many Source products, there is no way in hell I'll shop with them again.

They could be selling dollar bills for $0.03, and I'd still want nothing to do with them...
Yeah, too many bad experiences and stories of non-working or cheaply built units (especially their induction heaters).

I also don't love that a big part of their sales strategy is incessant sales and discounts. So seems like they are luring folks in with 40% off or whatever because they have built in high likelihood of frequent sales into their pricing model. Inflate MSRP, knowing that people will be drawn to the "sale".

anasrzi

Other than potential reliability and delay issues that seem to consistently plague Source, the big advantage of the Daab (and Wand, and Switch) is induction heating as opposed to needing to mess with
So is the unit atomiser based @Texus cant seem to find out how it makes vapour? More pictures would help, why would you just use two stock images. Want to see the inner workings, nuts and bolts. Didn't know Source had such a bad rep? I wouldn't I suppose as I've never had anything from them.

The Daab isn't being shipped internationally yet, if at all. Not sure on sources policy is.

anasrzi,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
needing to mess with atomizers.
My Puffco Peak Pro atomizer lasted longer than the base unit. (got a credit) :lol:
Got a replacement coming from the US, worth the hassle, time and money IMO...proper temp control of the atty and just a pleasure to use...Ispire IH are just timed, no real temp control...I will still get a Daab eventually as I do like my Ispire Wand also.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
My Puffco Peak Pro atomizer lasted longer than the base unit. (got a credit) :lol:
Got a replacement coming from the US, worth the hassle, time and money IMO...proper temp control of the atty and just a pleasure to use...Ispire IH are just timed, no real temp control...I will still get a Daab eventually as I do like my Ispire Wand also.

I need to try the Peak Pro! My buddy has one but I’ve never once seen him use it 😆

Texus

So is the unit atomiser based @Texus cant seem to find out how it makes vapour? More pictures would help, why would you just use two stock images. Want to see the inner workings, nuts and bolts. Didn't know Source had such a bad rep? I wouldn't I suppose as I've never had anything from them.

The Daab isn't being shipped internationally yet, if at all. Not sure on sources policy is.
Daab is induction heater (IH) not atomizer based. Only other IH options I know of are Wand and Dr Dabber Switch. Generally atomizers are most common for this sort of e-rig. Until you get to the handle and PID devices like Cannabis Hardware sells that need separate glass pieces (for better, for worse).

Trackrat

Already super-psyched about this one. I have a SIC Magnum, SIC Magnum V2 and the regular atomizer with an ALN cup. Really excited to take those atomizers out and about.
In a blindfold test. Would you be able to tell the difference between ALN and the SIC cup ? I have the 2.5 versa with the sic cup , love it and did the pre order for the Go, mostly because it come with the sic and aln cups.

Trackrat,

floribud

If both cups were clean, there's not way I could tell. However since the ALN cups are white and they can be torched clean of any residue, it makes it easy to keep these like new. But I don't think my SiC cups ever go above 430, so I'm pretty sure they are very clean as well since I swab them frequently

floribud

I do the same with SiC (not Versa) if I push too far and scorch the insert.

All I meant is that since the ALN inserts are white, it's easy to tell when they are perfectly clean again.... that's really the only difference I notice between the two.

floribud,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Top Bottom